Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those TFC Terrorcons look fantastic. As does the Cang Toys Predacons we've seen so far. I currently have five different 3P combiner sets awaiting completion and I don't know if I should jump into two more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm also probably going to wind up ordering the IF Heat Death and Honekumoki just because they look cool (were these actual transformers or just something IF made up?)

They are, they're just filtered through IF's "house style". Heat Death is Beast Wars Transmetal II Megatron, Honekumoki is Bludgeon but with a big oni face on his chest cause he's a samurai.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Edit^^^ Gotcha, thanks for the info. Can't see myself not getting the heat death.

I watched a couple of reviews on the TFC Aquacons and thought they looked really fun. I knew no matter what I was going to get that rippersnapper so I figured why not.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, Heat Death looks amazing, and I don’t even care about BW.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does this seller look as good as it gets for an HK ebay seller? https://www.ebay.com/usr/freemantoys?ul_noapp=true

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Does this seller look as good as it gets for an HK ebay seller? https://www.ebay.com/usr/freemantoys?ul_noapp=true

I have purchased from them in the past. Shipping took ages and the price was inflated but it was a hard to find figure. What are you looking to buy from them?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I have purchased from them in the past. Shipping took ages and the price was inflated but it was a hard to find figure. What are you looking to buy from them?

The Selects Seacons. They seem like the cheapest option.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

The Selects Seacons. They seem like the cheapest option.

Ouch, that's still a lot of scratch. He has the set listed at $600. drat.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, Heat Death looks amazing, and I don’t even care about BW.

I'm hoping if Heat Death sells well they'll do a Tigerhawk.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Ouch, that's still a lot of scratch. He has the set listed at $600. drat.

TF Source has Overbite and Tentakil up for pre-order still so I was going to go there for those two. It's more than I'd like but the best option I can find, unfortunately.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

TF Source has Overbite and Tentakil up for pre-order still so I was going to go there for those two. It's more than I'd like but the best option I can find, unfortunately.

Does Pulse have an in stock alert? A couple have gone back into stock 3 or 4 times over the last week or so. Or what about the Tomy Mall box set? I don't think that's gone up for preorder yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Does Pulse have an in stock alert? A couple have gone back into stock 3 or 4 times over the last week or so. Or what about the Tomy Mall box set? I don't think that's gone up for preorder yet.

Struck out, unfortunately. I can't find Seawing or Nautilator for less than $100 each so I'm just going to wash my hands. Throw 'em on my Source wishlist and hope for the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Struck out, unfortunately. I can't find Seawing or Nautilator for less than $100 each so I'm just going to wash my hands. Throw 'em on my Source wishlist and hope for the best.

poo poo, I checked all my regular spots and the prices are all nuts. I hope you can track them down for not insane prices.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve heard Newage Megatron is really tops.

Also I picked up that Apollo guy; him and Sheridan should be here some time next week and then you know I’ll actually touch the package a week after that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DAWGSTAR FOUR ARE AVAILABLE ON PULSE NOW

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/back-in-stock?utm_campaign=FFF+4%2F17+-+Intro+%2B+SW+Packaging+(SJNqEM)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=PULSE+NEWSLETTER+-+GENERAL+(NON-PREMIUM)&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwcmFtLmthbXBmZXJAZ21haWwuY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiTHFwdldTIn0%3D

edit: 2 are preorders!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^edit: you're quick!

Dawgstar posted:

Both Seawing and Nautilator are up for preorder right now at $34.99!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/generations/products/transformers-takara-tomy-generations-selects-tt-gs06-lobclaw-nautilator-figure

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/generations/products/transformers-takara-tomy-generations-selects-tt-gs02-kraken-seawing-figure

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here's the two in stock

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/back-in-stock/products/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-selects-gulf

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/back-in-stock/products/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-selects-turtler

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

I'm not looking for the full set of Seacons, but I adore the colors on Snaptrap. Is he a decent standalone figure?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

I'm not looking for the full set of Seacons, but I adore the colors on Snaptrap. Is he a decent standalone figure?

He's an extensive retool of Hun-grr (who's base engineering is derived from Silverbolt). He's a pretty good figure but I'm pretty sure when the rest of the team arrives I'll never uncombine them.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Thanks for this post. I also put in for them. Just short Tentakil now. Was originally going to stay away as I'd much prefer a box set but these look pretty great now that folks have had some in hand.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He's an extensive retool of Hun-grr (who's base engineering is derived from Silverbolt). He's a pretty good figure but I'm pretty sure when the rest of the team arrives I'll never uncombine them.

Thanks, maybe I'll wait and see if they do a God Neptune repaint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

Thanks, maybe I'll wait and see if they do a God Neptune repaint.

Probably a Tomy Mall exclusive that Pulse won't import.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I ended up deciding to splurge and now have ordered 4 of the seacons on Pulse. I guess now to wait and see if Tentakil and Overbite comeback in stock :nyoron:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Good Listener posted:

I ended up deciding to splurge and now have ordered 4 of the seacons on Pulse. I guess now to wait and see if Tentakil and Overbite comeback in stock :nyoron:

I thought about this for a few minutes, then decided to buy whatever future box set (unban Taint Reaper) that comes along. If there is no box set, I’ll be free.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thanks for the head's up! Caught all four of them.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pre-order the last two on Pulse and pay a little extra.

Edit: And I did because now at least they're all covered now. Thanks again, guys.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 17, 2020

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

strangehamster posted:

I thought about this for a few minutes, then decided to buy whatever future box set (unban Taint Reaper) that comes along. If there is no box set, I’ll be free.

You are a stronger man than I. It was toooo tempting haha.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Good Listener posted:

You are a stronger man than I. It was toooo tempting haha.

I have been broken down and rebuilt so many times, I always ask myself, what would SpiderDrake do?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

strangehamster posted:

Same. Seacons are great, the turtle was one of my favorite bots as a kid, but I’m trying not to get spend happy until after I get back to work.

It’s up to the rest of you to post pictures, so I can once again live vicariously through you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Thanks for the info everyone! This hole excursion started with me stumbling across the TFC Toys upcoming Rippersnapper, which was one of my favorites as a kid.

The backlog of IF stuff made me a bit wary of trying to get some of the older releases. So I wound up with Newage sort of by default. I also really like the simple cartoonish look of the new age stuff.

All in all I wound up picking up the Newage Jazz, Megatron, and Shockwave along with the TFC Toys Sinnertwin. I'm also probably going to wind up ordering the IF Heat Death and Honekumoki just because they look cool (were these actual transformers or just something IF made up?)

I'm going to have to kill collecting something else, because oh man...

I'm telling you, the Newage Ratchet/Ironhide mold is pretty fantastic if you like Ratchet or Ironhide. Maybe I can get my phone and the Awful app to cooperate later and get a picture.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I shouldn't have gone looking at reviews of the other earthrise deluxes after I got Cliffy, cause I grabbed WJ and Hoist on the way home from work

But hey I enjoy how Cliffjumper is unambiguously a Mitsubishi Starion, like, fantastic job representing an underappreciated 80s sports car there little buddy

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Optimist Prime posted:

His turtle mode is abysmal, but the other modes are good. He's one of those figures who's clearly a torso first.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

His turtle mode is abysmal, but the other modes are good. He's one of those figures who's clearly a torso first.

Oh god, that’s the new one?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Amazing, manages to be worse than the origin somehow! And all for the low, low price of like sixty loving dollars lol

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

better this than that weird overdetailed ankylosaur Ironshell is trying to be

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Knormal posted:

Gross. I never took the original out of his turtle mode. A lot of the monster type alt modes were far superior to their bot modes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
wooooo I had one that was doing the Buddy Christ pose on my phone but imgur and the awful app keep having trouble wooo

EDIT: it has to be a fresh picture, not one from my camera roll. Bleah.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I instantly thought that was a box of mac and cheese behind him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Thanks for the head's up! Caught all four of them.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pre-order the last two on Pulse and pay a little extra.

Edit: And I did because now at least they're all covered now. Thanks again, guys.

So you didn't answer right away and I guess it's very important to me that everyone in this thread get the poo poo they want so uh...

I preordered the two just in case you missed out. Guess I can cancel that then.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

wooooo I had one that was doing the Buddy Christ pose on my phone but imgur and the awful app keep having trouble wooo

i saw this guy in person at a tf meetup here and he is very cool. that and the megatron nearly won me over to legends scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm telling you, the Newage Ratchet/Ironhide mold is pretty fantastic if you like Ratchet or Ironhide. Maybe I can get my phone and the Awful app to cooperate later and get a picture.

I almost grabbed Ironhide and Cosmos, but decided I'd rather not miss out on Megatron if I was only grabbing a few to start with. If I like these as much as I think I will I'll definitely be ordering Starscream and Ironhide at some point (would love to have them all, ha).