Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

I really don't like this whole "I was just kidding to provoke a reaction" backpedal. The original vote on Andy didn't seem like a joke to me, especially not after this response to me:

It's scummy the way he's now backpedaling from it and making it out like the whole point from the start was to see who'd react.

Who’s backpedaling? I still think CapnAndy’s post was scummy, I just think that other posts that were provoked by the interaction are scummier. I’m glad to say my views can evolve and that I am capable of viewing multiple players on a spectrum of scumminess. I think you’re reaching a bit here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am concerned about this post, bolding mine:

Nep-Nep posted:

Sandwolf was pretty quick to do this

in response to Sub Rosa's vote on Andy. I think what he said later is consistent with that action. What do you make of it?

Firstly, the Sub Rosa vote is pretty meaningless, it has no context other than Rosa dropping a vote that is scummy for unspecified reasons.

But secondly, what does the bolded part mean? Nep, what does Sandwolf say “later” that you think is “consistent with that action”?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also, I believe this is Sub Rosa’s first game, so it’s a pretty bad vote for Sandwolf to call out as the one that came out of that exchange that he thinks is scummy.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

Who’s backpedaling? I still think CapnAndy’s post was scummy, I just think that other posts that were provoked by the interaction are scummier. I’m glad to say my views can evolve and that I am capable of viewing multiple players on a spectrum of scumminess. I think you’re reaching a bit here.

lol good to know you're town this game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Also, I believe this is Sub Rosa’s first game, so it’s a pretty bad vote for Sandwolf to call out as the one that came out of that exchange that he thinks is scummy.

It came late enough and after the discussion about it being a joke. Felt like a late attempt to hop on the bandwagon.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

It came late enough and after the discussion about it being a joke. Felt like a late attempt to hop on the bandwagon.

And does knowing that this is Sub Rosa’s first game (as far as I can see on VF, anyway) do anything to modulate that opinion?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

would you agree that Sub Rosa’s vote on Andy is scummy?

Sandwolf posted:

Feels like a lame attempt to justify a vote after the fact.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

And does knowing that this is Sub Rosa’s first game (as far as I can see on VF, anyway) do anything to modulate that opinion?

Not really? It was an early D1 vote, I was prodding around, wanted to see how they’d react

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I got a night 0 cop and it said humalong is scum

##vote humalong

when isn't he though?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Mr. Steak posted:

dude, what are you even trying to get at here? you think andy is legit scum and so is pq...?

Poking around? If I hadn’t left I was also hoping to make a last dig about Andy and b- in lylo but cest la vie.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote squiggly it’s been a while. Come play

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Scientastic posted:

Also, I believe this is Sub Rosa’s first game

It is! So far I'm having fun.

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (2): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong
Jose Valasquez (2): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1
Jeabus Mahogany (1): Mr. Steak
Sandwolf (1): Scientastic
Mr. Humalong (1): CapitalistPig
Sub Rosa (1): Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
CapnAndy (1): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep
Squiggly (1): Voodoofly
xopods (1): SalTheBard
Spoonsy (0): LordNad, LordNad
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (10): cheese sandwich, DGK2000, LordNad, Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Spoonsy, Squiggly, Sub Rosa, Tom Tucker

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I hope the two scum teams kill each other off

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

T-t-two scum teams???

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Maigius posted:

I'm not sure, to be honest. I suspect any multiple power source roll would be very powerful. Additionally power source claims could be meaningful, ie being killed to get your items if you're Tech.

xopods posted:

I dunno, I'm on the fence about it.

Like, it is kind of a reasonable assumption to make based on how things work in other non-Mafia games, even if in Mafia, items don't typically get "looted" from a dead player.

But on the other hand, when I was rookie scum in Robot Mafia a hundred million years ago, I made a very similar "assumption" that was in fact a scum slip and got correctly lunched for it.

And it's certainly reasonable of Andy to ask him to clarify at least.

Xopods, was your situation that you made an reasonable speculation about mechanics and got l*nched for it, or that you made a possibly unreasonable speculation that outed you as scum?

Maigius's reaction seems totally reasonable as a new player.

CapnAndy posted:

Is this speculation or do you know for a fact that techies can be looted

‘cos I sure didn’t

I don't really see any issue with this since we're in joke phase, same with the subsequent posts.

But Sandwolf...

Sandwolf posted:

yeah but Andy you also just kinda scumclaimed, even if it was joke, the joke seems to be “haha look I’m seriously scumclaiming”

I don't see how you can get that reaction from this interaction:

Pussy Quipped posted:

I skipped every post since my last post. Who is scum tell me now

CapnAndy posted:

me obviously

Andy's post was totally reactive and jokey, and not something meant to draw attention to himself. What's scummy about it?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pussy Quipped posted:

T-t-two scum teams???

oh wow, were you going for the literal scummiest way to respond to humalong's post? cuz you hit the bullseye ##vote pq

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

oh wow, were you going for the literal scummiest way to respond to humalong's post? cuz you hit the bullseye ##vote pq

His team must be intimidated by yours

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

If I’m wrong we look at CapitalistPig tomorrow.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

Lol this is really, really bad

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

Pussy Quipped posted:

T-t-two scum teams???

:raise:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jeeeeeeeez ##Vote Spoonsy

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol this is really, really bad

I’m willing to go with the cop who had 0 reason to claim at this moment (he says after donating $ to a bail fund)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can’t tell if lazy town or bad scum player

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Here’s the hint: cpig was lying

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Spoonsy posted:

I’m willing to go with the cop who had 0 reason to claim at this moment (he says after donating $ to a bail fund)

VF says you’ve played some games, how can you possibly believe this?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think cpig might not be 100% truthful in his claims spoonsy

CapitalistPig posted:

I remember about this game that I signed up for.

I'm a jester.

kill me plz

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a 1 shot lie detect and this is a lie.

CapitalistPig posted:

I got another shot of lie detect from successfully purchasing the first season of golden girls on dvd for the mod and I lie detected this post and there is not a lie.

##vote Andy

CapitalistPig posted:

I got a night 0 cop and it said humalong is scum

##vote humalong

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

Because this one is weird. And VF lacks like 2/3 of my history, many of which involve n0s and all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Also my vote is less on the cop, more on the statement of two scum groups. But the cop sure as heck helps.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Because this one is weird. And VF lacks like 2/3 of my history, many of which involve n0s and all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Also my vote is less on the cop, more on the statement of two scum groups. But the cop sure as heck helps.

Mafia edit - goddamit. This is why I don’t do mobile. Thanks Jose. Keeping my vote up for the two scum group part though.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You’re lying

Spoonsy posted:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, is spoonsy actually taking cpig's cop claim seriously...?? lmfaooo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Y I K E S

##vote spoonsy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoonsy posted:

But the cop sure as heck helps.

lmao???

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote spoonsy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, is spoonsy actually taking cpig's cop claim seriously...?? lmfaooo

They’re backpedaling away from it now and trying to use me expertly deducing that a 26 player game probably has more than one scum team as an ironclad reason to vote me

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Humalong posted:

They’re backpedaling away from it now and trying to use me expertly deducing that a 26 player game probably has more than one scum team as an ironclad reason to vote me

Yep, the backpedaling is the cherry on top

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m not voting spoonsy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not voting spoonsy

wait what? lol why?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Being contrarian about pushes gaining momentum is his whole thing, just ignore him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Scientastic posted:

Agreed, it was was more obvious to me that those were jokes than what Andy posted, and it's my literal first game.