Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mafia edit: was way more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoonsy posted:

Mafia edit - goddamit. This is why I don’t do mobile. Thanks Jose. Keeping my vote up for the two scum group part though.

the suspicious bit isn't the vote, it's using cpig's transparently fake claim to prop up your case

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

Mafia edit: was way more

this was an unfortunate page-starting post lol

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I am very ashamed

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I hope everyone’s having a great Saturday

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thanks binus

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Actually between then and now I’ve started proofing this week’s sourdough so i am, thank you.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
It's very warm here

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote spoonsy

lmao

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

dmboogie posted:

##vote spoonsy

lmao

This is it folks, this is the lazy scum "jump on the bandwagon" vote

##vote dmboogie

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote dmboogie

this is it folks, the scumbro trying to stop the bandwagon from gaining momentum

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Steak posted:

this is it folks, the scumbro trying to stop the bandwagon from gaining momentum

I think you'll find that you are wrong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

If I’m wrong we look at CapitalistPig tomorrow.

I don’t really see this holding water against Spoonsy. Yeah he was wrong and believed kind of a stupid joke but I don’t think the thought process on display here is scummy. Real scum would have none this would not have worked and not so eagerly jumped into promotion of a chain lunch this early D1z

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote dmboogie

So I’m inclined to agree with this, except I actually think these votes are worse:

Scientastic posted:

Jeeeeeeeez ##Vote Spoonsy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Y I K E S

##vote spoonsy

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote spoonsy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can’t believe Sandwolf is scum again

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why’d you vote Spoonsy there with Yikes Hum? Defend it, in your own words

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Hikaru Nakamura beat Magnus Carlsen after being powered up with the support of his new Twitch popularity. It's a great day.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf posted:

So I’m inclined to agree with this, except I actually think these votes are worse:

No, Jose's vote was worse.

##vote JoseV

but we should still vote Squiggly if he doesn't show up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I'm 4-2 in the Magic the Gathering Arena Open. I'm playing a very jank deck that I didn't think would win a game let alone 4.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Amni can you put this in the OP:

1. b-minus1
  2. CapitalistPig (He/Him)
  3. CapnAndy (he/him, will also accept "cis scum")
  4. cheese sandwich
  5. DGK2000 (DGK/Lord/He)
  6. dmboogie (he/him)
  7. hambeet (he/him)
  8. Jeabus Mahogany
  9. Jose Valasquez (he/him/his)
  10. LordNad
  11. Maigius
  12. merk (he/him)
  13. MisterJed (He/him)
  14. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  15. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  16. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  17. Pussy Quipped (He/Him)
  18. SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
  19. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  20. Scientastic (he/him)
  21. Spoonsy (he/him/his)
  22. Squiggly
  23. Sub Rosa
  24. Tom Tucker
  25. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)
  26. xopods (he, him, his)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Why’d you vote Spoonsy there with Yikes Hum? Defend it, in your own words

Mr. Humalong posted:

They’re backpedaling away from it now and trying to use me expertly deducing that a 26 player game probably has more than one scum team as an ironclad reason to vote me

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah i sort of agree with hum. I think the responses to his speculation post are pretty strange and worth looking at once I’m not on my phone.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Voodoofly posted:

Amni can you put this in the OP:

Done. I will do my best to keep the useful links updated. To all players, feel free to poke me if they're out of date and I will update them.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:siren: Reminder that several people are still below the lurker modkill threshold! :siren:

I am aware that it's a bit early and also on the weekend, but do keep it in mind - especially since this game uses modkills instead of lurker guns as the anti-lurk mechanic.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh drat

guess theres no need to vote squiggly, if he doesn't show up he's going to die lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh wait we still have two entire days left

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dmboogie posted:

oh drat

guess theres no need to vote squiggly, if he doesn't show up he's going to die lmao

This is kind of a weird post boogster

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

you've kinda been saying that about every post, though? can you articulate *why* boogie's post is weird?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@binus

honestly i want to know why you have a town read on spoonsy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

you've kinda been saying that about every post, though? can you articulate *why* boogie's post is weird?

They hadn’t mentioned Squiggly before that post so for that post to be like “oh phewph, we don’t have to lunch him! He’ll be modkilled!” felt like a weird opinion to have as first and last on someone

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

They hadn’t mentioned Squiggly before that post so for that post to be like “oh phewph, we don’t have to lunch him! He’ll be modkilled!” felt like a weird opinion to have as first and last on someone

it was something other people were talking about and i am not philosophically opposed to lurker lunches especially on day 1

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I think one reason to doubt cpig's D0 cop claim is that it would have to have been done in the extremely short time between role PMs going out and D1 starting. I'm not sure if it makes logistical sense.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

I think one reason to doubt cpig's D0 cop claim is that it would have to have been done in the extremely short time between role PMs going out and D1 starting. I'm not sure if it makes logistical sense.

i think another reason to doubt cpig's d0 cop claim was his previous claim of being a jester

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

dmboogie posted:

i think another reason to doubt cpig's d0 cop claim was his previous claim of being a jester

Good point, I forget about that claim.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cpig's cop claim doesnt deserve this amount of scrutiny lmao. it was obviously false and he never intended for it to be taken seriously

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

cpig's cop claim doesnt deserve this amount of scrutiny lmao. it was obviously false and he never intended for it to be taken seriously

Exactly this, stop obsessing about this, it’s stupid, the level of overanalysis of something so completely meaningless is baffling

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

MisterJed posted:

Xopods, was your situation that you made an reasonable speculation about mechanics and got l*nched for it, or that you made a possibly unreasonable speculation that outed you as scum?

It was a long time ago but basically there was a booster item that gave whoever got it an improved version of their power. Somehow it was public knowledge that if the bearer was NKed, the killing player got it. That was me. I had it.

I don't even remember if it specified what would happen to it if I was lynched or if I was just assuming, but I believed it was equally obvious that if the bearer was lunched, the hammering player would get it.

So at one point I said something like "Oh, before we hammer so-and-so, should we discuss who should drop the hammer in case he has the doohickey? We don't want it to go to Scum."

Everyone took this as a slip, because it wasn't common knowledge what would happen if the doohickey-haver got lunched.

And they were right, at least in as far as that I was in fact Scum and the one who had the doohickey. Though at the time I felt like it was a bullshit reason to get lunched because it just seemed like a natural assumption to make.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I always ignore all d0 claims unless I make them

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (4): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie
Mr. Humalong (2): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy
Jose Valasquez (2): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly
dmboogie (2): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Sub Rosa (1): Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
CapnAndy (1): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
xopods (1): SalTheBard
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (9): cheese sandwich, DGK2000, LordNad, Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Squiggly, Sub Rosa, Tom Tucker

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Plus what I previously stated about his justification of his vote afterwords, and I feel he's scum. Again.

##vote Sandwolf