Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

I'll get on the bandwagon if I gotta but I'd still really really rather people take a look at dmboogie.

I mean, we're just gonna let this slide? Really?

sliiiiiiiide to the left

sliiiiiiiiiiiide to the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Still catching up on the thread, but the Spoonsy stuff here is absolutely ridiculously stupid.

##vote Spoonsy

Oh poo poo, DGK is scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Oh poo poo, DGK is scum

no, you are.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Steak posted:

guys, spoonsy has been stagnating as vote leader literally ALL DAY, and the day has essentially been defined by limp attempts to change targets that dont pick up momentum. if spoonsy was town, we'd be seeing WAY more growth on his votes, not just plateauing like this. unless of course the entire scumteam piled onto one townie in the first 5 votes? basically what im saying is, spoonsy is so scum. i'm also looking suspiciously at who bumped momentum forward on me too, seeing as i'm now the only reasonable alternative to spoonsy

I feel like every time I've seen this argument the person has ended up flipping town

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

He picks up the later the game gets

Unless he's being bamboozled by scum :unsmigghh:

:argh:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
## vote spoonsy

I guess this is gonna be what the thing is.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

words

##vote steak

thats a surprising amount of words for such a nothing vote-reason. u just trying to plump up your vote post so it looks serious?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

You're missing the point. I don't care about other games - how are we supposed to find scum if we can't vote for someone in this game for being scummy?

I really don't get it. There's so much "he acted like this in this game and he was scum" and "well he posted this in another game and he was town" - tabula rasa people, I've never seen this kind of meta stuff work and the last time I saw it was in the good place with scum doing a gentle day 1 bus on a scumbuddy which got roundly dunked on as it should.

You seem to be purposely missing the obvious point.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

no, you are.

then case me, like you said you would:

Mr. Steak posted:

but why?

its been tickling the back of my mind for a while, but this seals it. i definitely need to reread sandwolf with a critical eye

unless this was all bluster

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wow that was a quick bandwagon

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

CPig will be modkilled at the end of the day unless they show up and make one more post so watch and see which of them does it in the most scummy way!

Not true.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

## vote spoonsy

What the hell

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

then case me, like you said you would:

unless this was all bluster

yeah i got lazy. also i think you're scum *with* spoonsy, so its not that urgent

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

What the hell

What. It's day 1 and all the cases are poo poo. This looks like it's gonna be the day 1 thing in this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (8): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk, LordNad, DGK2000, CapitalistPig
Mr. Steak (5): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf, Maigius, CapnAndy
Pussy Quipped (2): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, merk, merk, merk, merk
CapnAndy (2): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly
Maigius (2): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, xopods
Jeabus Mahogany (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Nep-Nep
Mr. Humalong (1): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy, Jeabus Mahogany, CapitalistPig
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jose Valasquez (1): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, CapnAndy, CapnAndy
xopods (1): SalTheBard, CapnAndy, CapnAndy
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, merk, merk, DGK2000
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Scientastic (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, xopods
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (1): MisterJed

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 44 minutes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

## vote spoonsy

we have three hours until deadline, that's not a lot but do you have any reasons to be voting spoonsy instead of steak? just blindly going with the biggest train is scummy as hell

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

wow that was a quick bandwagon

Agreed. This push feels scummy af. Im sticking with my initial town read of spoonsy and will ##vote steak if pq isn’t going to happen

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

What. It's day 1 and all the cases are poo poo. This looks like it's gonna be the day 1 thing in this game.

"day 1" does not absolve you from having an opinion

im not asking for an essay im asking for an opinion

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CapnAndy posted:

I'll get on the bandwagon if I gotta but I'd still really really rather people take a look at dmboogie.

I mean, we're just gonna let this slide? Really?

I don't like it, it feels like a bus. Not enough there for me to case though.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw i'll be around at like t minus 1 hour, at the latest. but i dont wanna just refresh sa for 3 straight hours and also have to take a shower, so *signing off*

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

CapitalistPig posted:

All of them? There's not a single person you find scummier so just gently caress it?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapitalistPig posted:

:raise:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Agreed. This push feels scummy af. Im sticking with my initial town read of spoonsy and will ##vote steak if pq isn’t going to happen

the PQ case is good but they're lurking and will be modkilled so it's hard to justify it

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Mr. Humalong posted:

the PQ case is good but they're lurking and will be modkilled so it's hard to justify it

Just checked he has 10

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress it ill be around to switch to a different train if i need to

##vote pig

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Is it just me or did the thread get really quiet all of a sudden

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CapnAndy posted:

Could be because America's on fire :ssh:

This is where I've been

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Oh poo poo, DGK is scum

I still think you're scum but you're not leaning into me this time

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I just woke up from a nap and I feel a lot better: there seem to be a large number of players who are trying to make out that the case against Spoons is that he believed a cop claim.

It’s also that the belief in the cop claim was something he doubled down as definitely true AND simultaneously not actually that big a deal. That dichotomy is what is so scummy, because he wanted to push the narrative in a certain direction, and tried to manipulate appearances to achieve what he wanted, but that manipulation doesn’t square with reality.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I've been gone years and you still suck.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

dmboogie posted:

"day 1" does not absolve you from having an opinion

im not asking for an essay im asking for an opinion
Imagine me here broadly gesturing to your posts in this game as a physical object rather than a nebulous concept

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If pq has cleared the lurker threshold I will vote them and also cpig for that terrible post

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tom Tucker posted:

Some of my primary scumtells on Steak:

1) encouraging people to push other people more, without really weighing in on the case itself:

2) response to Spoonsy:

(then votes Spoonsy). Opportunistic, dismissive, tonally it implies scumminess without stating it. Subtle way of saying "this is so scummy I don't even need to explain why" to avoid actually explaining why using his trademark "lmfao"

3) zero content spam (not gonna quote all this it's everywhere)

4) re-purposing language to hide behind in order to start a wifom chain around the launch leader

5) taking absurd claim at face value

6) railroading by stating what a vote candidate would have to do to not look scummy, thus putting them in a lose-lose, if Spoonsy comes back and participates (which he would as town) it makes it look like it's in response to Steak's threat

7) massive tonal shift in content after being voted for, starting here.

Then a second massive tonal shift in content after momentum builds:

8) Meta defenses - when I'm town I talk like this, but when I'm scum I walk like this!

Steak, despite tons of posting, has had extremely low content. He constantly injects dismissive exclamations into his posts, yet then 180s into seriously responding to people who talk about him, then performative "lmao" at people talking about him, then back to serious when it's about him. His "case" on Spoonsy is never made, merely "lmao"d as if it were a fact, then he further railroads Spoonsy by boxing him in with a "if you're town do this" when it is what any town WOULD do, putting Spoonsy in a no-win scenario. His reaction to Squigg's claim was too immediate and too trusting, and felt like scum looking to get in early on what they would assume was a pro-town roleclaim support. His early-game drivebys of "what do you think about X?" and effective "tell me mores" on other cases pushes them without him actually going on the record with anything.

It's a long and dreary list of scum tells wrapped in a performative air of cavalier confidence and dismissiveness with hard detours into serious conversation whenever people point out how scummy he is.

Vote for Steak.

Answer me this, from your posting I get the impression you have a town read on Spoonsy. You also build a thorough case around Steak here. When you initially voted on Steak earlier, one of your reasons was that you believed that Steak uncritically believing Squiggly's claim. However, Spoonsy, who you have a town read on, did roughly the same thing with cpig's n0 cop claim. What is different about these two players with regards to that that you read Spoonsy is town and Steak is scum?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Scientastic posted:

And finally, he flips away from this with an advantageous newbie vote, voting for someone literally playing their first game, who is an easy target.

Scientastic posted:

Also, anyone who votes Maigius is not only bad at mafia, they are mean.

I won’t be voting Maigius for at least the first few days, because

1. it’s impossible to draw an alignment call from someone so new
2. if he’s scum, he will out all his scum buddies because he’s new
3. someone’s first experience of mafia shouldn’t be being shouted at and executed for trying to play the game

These posts seem pretty weird to me when you consider that this isn't Maigius' first game, and in their actual first game they were scum and didn't get caught.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Yeah, I think I got confused, because it’s Rosa’s first game, and Maigius’ second (?, I think) but my point still stands that lynching people who are that new is a bad idea.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Imagine me here broadly gesturing to your posts in this game as a physical object rather than a nebulous concept

i voted for spoonsy because he credulously believed a n0 cop joke claim while also saying 'if pig's cop result is wrong we should lunch pig next' to distance himself from the consequences of his actions

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

i voted for spoonsy because he credulously believed a n0 cop joke claim while also saying 'if pig's cop result is wrong we should lunch pig next' to distance himself from the consequences of his actions

because other people had said basically the same thing, i feel like 'lmao' contributed about as much to the conversation at that point in time

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Yeah, I think I got confused, because it’s Rosa’s first game, and Maigius’ second (?, I think) but my point still stands that lynching people who are that new is a bad idea.

I still follow what I guess is the Mafia Old Guard™ stance of not lynching really new players on D1 as well.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Mr. Humalong posted:

you should probably go back to only playing once a year

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm not seeing the Spoonsy case, from his first post about Humalong he said he was voting based on a combo of the cop claim and Humalong's posts, it isn't crazy to me that early D1 even once he realized the cop claim was bogus the posts were enough to keep voting him.

I think scum would back off quicker when they realized it was a bogus cop claim