Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Hey folks just logging in for deadline!

Nep-Nep posted:

Answer me this, from your posting I get the impression you have a town read on Spoonsy. You also build a thorough case around Steak here. When you initially voted on Steak earlier, one of your reasons was that you believed that Steak uncritically believing Squiggly's claim. However, Spoonsy, who you have a town read on, did roughly the same thing with cpig's n0 cop claim. What is different about these two players with regards to that that you read Spoonsy is town and Steak is scum?

Maybe "roughly" the same, but not really, in fact I never really interrogated it because they didn't seem alike, so this is a good thing to point out. They are different though - Spoonsy got confused by a joke, while Steak dove in believing a convoluted vote-empowerment claim to the effect of voting for it not truly knowing what it would do.

In my initial read they didn't seem anything alike. Digging down into it I don't think scum would be confused by a n0 cop joke. There was no night 0 so since they wouldn't have had to organize or do anything for night zero, and would have most likely been connecting and engaged in the discord, missing this fact as scum is much less likely in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I'm here. Reading Steak and Spoonsy because it looks like that's really it as choices.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Twenty minutes. Move your worthless votes now
Give me ten minutes and I will but I'll hate it, the spoonsy case is bad and steak's still viable goddammit.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##vote steak

Not real fired up about either option, but I think the scummier votes are on Spoonsy so I'd rather launch steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heh, gotta love weird vote patterns. it'll be fun for y'all to examine this after i flip

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote steak

Not real fired up about either option, but I think the scummier votes are on Spoonsy so I'd rather launch steak

Same. I think steak is the better lunch but will move to prevent no lunch. Although it looks like enough people are here now

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Dammit I don't want to vote for Steak, I want to vote for Cpig or Maigius, who somehow has 0 votes on him.

But I'll vote for Steak if it means having him for lunch instead

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
gently caress your bandwagon bitches it's bandwagon number two time

##vote steak

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I guess avoiding a NL is a good idea. ##vote Spoopsy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Squiggly posted:

gently caress your bandwagon bitches it's bandwagon number two time

##vote steak

okay

##vote steak

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Is there anything on Spoonsy other than just the N0 cop stuff and then people jumping on him?

I'm just going to be blunt and say I don't think scum Spoonsy fails to know whether there is a N0.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
##vote Steak

I don't like a lot of the people on Spoonsy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm sorry for low contentposting this close to a very tight deadline, but:

b-minus1 posted:

Same. I think steak is the better lunch

Spoonsy posted:

But I'll vote for Steak if it means having him for lunch instead
hahahahahaha

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

It’s OK, everyone. I’m here.

##Vote Mr Steak

gently caress it. I want to live.

##vote steal

##echo Scientastic

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I don't get the n0 confusion case for Spoonsy - do people think he got his scum role pm and then didn't check discord, didn't see what other scum powers there were, didn't think anything odd about a n0 claim, and go with it?

Roles went out May 28 and he posted that on the 30th in all that time he never got together with the scum group, trading roles, strategized, or just introduced themselves, which would have shown perfectly fine there was no n0? If he had, then why use it to vote someone and look so stupid?

I don't understand it as a scum accident and I don't buy it as an intentional ruse.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapnAndy posted:

I'm sorry for low contentposting this close to a very tight deadline, but:

hahahahahaha

Lol

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (12): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf, Maigius, CapnAndy, b-minus1, b-minus1, xopods, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Squiggly, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad, Spoonsy
Spoonsy (10): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk, LordNad, DGK2000, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, SalTheBard, MisterJed, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, merk, merk, merk, merk, b-minus1
CapnAndy (1): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly, Squiggly
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, dmboogie, b-minus1, Squiggly, b-minus1, Spoonsy, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Squiggly, Spoonsy
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, merk, merk, DGK2000
Mr. Humalong (0): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy, Jeabus Mahogany, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Scientastic (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, xopods
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Jose Valasquez (0): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy, Voodoofly
dmboogie (0): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
xopods (0): SalTheBard, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, SalTheBard
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, xopods, xopods, Spoonsy
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (1): Voodoofly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 15 minutes.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Oh hell yeah actions :hellyeah:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoonsy posted:

##vote steal

##echo Scientastic

whose vote are you stealing.....?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Spoonsy posted:

##vote steal

##echo Scientastic

Did you mean to vote steak or are you vote stealing I'm confused.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Spoonsy posted:

##vote steal

##echo Scientastic

Mod Action: Scientastic's vote has been moved to steal (translated to steak).

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

whose vote are you stealing.....?

I think the answer is in the bolded name

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Oh good now we don't know what the dang vote count is

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Of course I make a typo. Of course I do.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

mafia edit: mod confirms it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Interesting

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Maigius posted:

I guess avoiding a NL is a good idea. ##vote Spoopsy

Loving these last second scum votes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh so im at -1 now

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Well that doesn't seem nice

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
my guess would be the command "vote steal" is actually supposed to say vote steak

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
the post, as confirmed by the mod, is

notvote notsteak (dont want to confuse the bot)

echo sci

Hi, I'm the town hypnotist. I can do that.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah that is intriguing.

Spoonsy why did you quote that post from 2 days ago to do that, can you only move votes back to where they have already been? Thus the "echo"?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Wow a vote thief I wonder who would have that sort of role

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the reason im not putting up a fight is cuz im fine. y'all're fine

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
If they have to do it in thread? Pretty weak until close to lylo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Nep-Nep posted:

my guess would be the command "vote steal" is actually supposed to say vote steak
except it moved scientastic's vote apparently?

that's... not townie, is it

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CapnAndy posted:

except it moved scientastic's vote apparently?

that's... not townie, is it

Noooooooooope

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

actually...

you dont have to ask me twice! lmao

##vote scientastic

[note: i do not seriously think sci is scum]

Mr. Steak posted:

but yeah in serious talk, spoonsy you need to come back with some real good, like, genuine scumhunting soon or im basically gonna think you totally fumbled as scum and are too bashful to try recovering

##vote Steak whatever these two posts back to back are worse than anything I saw in Spoons'y history, and there are way more just like it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like a scum power for sure, that spoons has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wow a vote thief I wonder who would have that sort of role

Echoer. I can only do it to where it has been and it can be moved right back. It isn't permanent like a thief.