Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Guess that makes sense. I just don’t wanna shoot another town on accident this early. I mean, we’re all VT rn so it wouldn’t be awful, but with a 70% miss rate at best I’m not liking my odds.

Hey, follow your heart, literally do whatever you want. Truthfully, it’s scummier to be worried about doing the ‘right’ thing or looking the most digestible to town. If you whanna shoot? Shoot. If you whanna try for a PR? Go for it, PGO would be fun as gently caress to be. But just live your truth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I mean, 30% success rate (at best) if I vig, 20% stop a night kill if I don’t AND get no other boon. Me thinks the gun is a trap.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Best start to D1 ever, I just checked the times on mine and it was literally ten minutes, same as Hum

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean, 30% success rate (at best) if I vig, 20% stop a night kill if I don’t AND get no other boon. Me thinks the gun is a trap.

Methinks is one word

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Good point, I’ll just give us another lunch today later then when we get a couple vote leaders.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

But pedantry aside, you should vig Solus right now

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Maybe wait until Sandwolf defends him a bit more

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Lunching somebody has the same odds of success, you gotta make your calls sometime

Kill em all and let the mod sort em out imo

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Brap brap pew pew?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Spoonsy posted:

Brap brap pew pew?

:bisonyes:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm a townie killer
Townie killing makes me horny

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw Pod lemme know when you finally get to season two ok

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Mine took 10 minutes too, but I don't understand why scum would take longer? Nobody was town until the captains picked who the scum were. We got defined at the same time.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a townie killer
Townie killing makes me horny

A daring battle cry from the self-appointed New Voice of Townie Killing. But has the concept of killing members of the town gone too far? We've assembled this diverse panel of mafia players in leather gloves to talk about how to pronounce "vigilante"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh wait I don't remember seeing the boons actually spelled out in the OP before

Ok maybe it'd be worth investing one gun to get MORE GUNS

This is probably obvious but I want to clarify just to make sure - if the gun is not used during the day, is the boon granted immediately such that it can be triggered that same night? For example, let's say the gun is not used on D1 and the random boon is "paranoid gun owner for the night" - the night is going to be N1, not N2?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

tpink posted:

This is probably obvious but I want to clarify just to make sure - if the gun is not used during the day, is the boon granted immediately such that it can be triggered that same night? For example, let's say the gun is not used on D1 and the random boon is "paranoid gun owner for the night" - the night is going to be N1, not N2?

Correct. Boons are received the night immediately after the gun is given.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

CapnAndy posted:

Mine took 10 minutes too, but I don't understand why scum would take longer? Nobody was town until the captains picked who the scum were. We got defined at the same time.

Balls, that’s probably right

##Unvote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink posted:

Hey, that’s a good point. A hidden side benefit of getting PGO is that you might be able to take out 2 scum in one night right? Instead of fizzling?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I was dead excited that I had spotted the world’s dumbest scum slip

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It turns out that I am just stupid

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Scientastic posted:

I mean, it's definitely weird that it took an hour to get that role when the rest of us had ours right away, you weren't wrong about that. But like... maybe a mod forgot to hand it out?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I know how we can find out

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Can someone on one of the scum teams (who isn’t a captain) please confirm when they got their role PM?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I actually think no harm should come to Solus because he is 100% right about everything

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And can the two captains please confirm how long there was between the discord closing and then picking their teams?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Maybe wait until Sandwolf defends him a bit more

what is this poo poo? Cite your sources

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

I actually think no harm should come to Solus because he is 100% right about everything

you should vidge bif

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

what is this poo poo? Cite your sources

NEVER

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Scientastic posted:

Aaaaaaaaah, this is because you got picked as scum and your captain must have been online when the game opened

##Vote SolusLunes

never not metagame

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i think its a bad idea to shoot

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also lol I just realized I completely misread timestamps

10:55 to 11:05 is not an hour, it's ten minutes

regardless, shoot bif

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo, shoot this guy

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SolusLunes posted:

regardless, shoot bif

Hahaha

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

What’s your reasoning?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

some people are gonna say that they're surprised that someone's sitting on a D1 dayvidge

honestly though I think it's more likely that someone sits on it since I keep trying to give those out in games I run and nobody d1 vidges anyone, ever, unless there's pre-existing BEEF

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

regardless, shoot bif

My god that would have been kind of hysterical in a sad way if a vig came down to time stamps and forgetting how to add

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

:thunk:

I bet you're just sitting in scumchat going GODDAMNIT IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

My god that would have been kind of hysterical in a sad way if a vig came down to time stamps and forgetting how to add

it would also end my surprisingly long streak of not dying/being lunched D1

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

i actually think you were on to something though. solus failed to consider that *both* captains would need to choose members before town got their alignment PMs. because for scum, that wouldn't be the case. they'd get notified as soon as they were chosen (probably?). so i actually think you caught something in solus not thinking from a town perspective there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

:thunk:

I bet you're just sitting in scumchat going GODDAMNIT IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

I am gonna brute force this meta down one townflip at a time goddammit