Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Can you clarify what "becoming a Survivor" means

typically several weeks of casting and background checks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JOHN CENA posted:

typically several weeks of casting and background checks

I got fingerprinted and had a FBI background check run on me for my job last Friday :ninja:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I got fingerprinted and had a FBI background check run on me for my job last Friday :ninja:

when do you go to fiji and will you make lumpen ur loved one visit

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

JOHN CENA posted:

that post is full serious not half serious. i legitimately believe scum would choose a team to help them win than lose, capnandy and i have notoriously bad reads so its better to leave us in the game where they dont have to worry about us loving up or getting lunched, taste is incredibly divisive and at high risk of getting lunched pretty much any time, humalong not quite as divisive but i think he's prolly a high risk of luncheon.

meanwhile lots of bad players tend to lean towards vocal leaders like pop and yuming, i myself have admitted to being lazy in games and just coasting off of merk and or yumings reads because they're usually on the money as town. ggn i think would also be someone picked because they're at low risk of lunch early on due to a more laid back observant play style, hal for the same reason, he isnt gonna be someone who typically is collecting votes. if i was drafting a team as scum those four are absolutely in my mix

Lmao wtf people constantly want to kill me D1/D2 for my “laid back observant play style”. This whole argument sucks, especially in the context of:

Power of Pecota posted:

I hope nobody really tries to peg how teams were picked seriously, especially after the game that was linked in the discord where gulagdolls picked everybody with names starting with "M"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ggn doth protest a bit too much

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Space Hamlet posted:

Never played this on a forum before, so apologies in advance. I'm clam sweat

Disgusting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll be back in approximately 36 hours.

or maybe sooner

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Mr. Steak posted:

i was responding to the person i quoted

Well gently caress you too. I was just saying that yes I thought it was clear enough for others to catch. Why are you SO SERIOUS right now?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

Well gently caress you too. I was just saying that yes I thought it was clear enough for others to catch. Why are you SO SERIOUS right now?

both of you getting heated for absolutely no reason

its playdoh mafia

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah, I dunno if we should look too hard at the scum picks with so little info since knowing Some of y’all I wouldn’t put it past being a die roll. That said... once we get some flips in the mix we should definitely factor this in.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean at the end of the day yeah its purely my opinion.

dgk im referring to games i typically play to show my playstyle, if theres too many people or too much white noise, i do have a tendency to just pick 2 or 3 players i trust that normally read well, and just follow them until the field's way smaller.

I get scummy vibes from this post

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CapnAndy posted:

Can you clarify what "becoming a Survivor" means

You get the traditional survivor wincon, i.e. you win as long as you make it to endgame. Pretend that as a joke I took seven paragraphs to explain in excruciating detail what that means, I'm on my way to Taco Bell so I'm too busy right now to do that, do you want anything?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

uhhhhhhh i quoted sci's entire post unedited because i thought it was clear which part i was referring to.

i meant the part where he said "i forgot you were in this game"

I'm just having a blue ribbon day right out of the gate, god

sandnavyguy posted:

Yeah, I dunno if we should look too hard at the scum picks with so little info since knowing Some of y’all I wouldn’t put it past being a die roll. That said... once we get some flips in the mix we should definitely factor this in.

I honestly wouldn't - if I were a scum captain I could see the value of picking people I've never played with before in order to avoid the perception of playing differently around them and I'd also see the value of picking someone like Hal or yuming who I've played with a ton before and usually don't find myself voting for regardless of alignment.

Even if there's someone I'd never pick (like, if 50 Pounds of Bread was playing), I don't know if they'd never pick me since people can take super different approaches

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm just having a blue ribbon day right out of the gate, god

I honestly wouldn't - if I were a scum captain I could see the value of picking people I've never played with before in order to avoid the perception of playing differently around them and I'd also see the value of picking someone like Hal or yuming who I've played with a ton before and usually don't find myself voting for regardless of alignment.

Even if there's someone I'd never pick (like, if 50 Pounds of Bread was playing), I don't know if they'd never pick me since people can take super different approaches

I would pick fiddy just to scumclaim and name him as my teammate

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

both of you getting heated for absolutely no reason

its playdoh mafia

Im not heated, I just didn't denote the sarcastic tone in my 'gently caress you then' bit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll take a Crunchwrap supreme.

Also what’s up Pecota how have ya been?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I see you're doing that ignoring me thing this game fine then I see how it is :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if you dont get me a frito burrito im pulling a coup d'etat on the thread mod

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Pretty good! I've been absolutely slammed with work stuff since we went to minimal operations (read: 5 people and our CPA was there for ten hours a week) in April, and even after we've been able to about double that with the PPP loan stuff I'm effectively doing my job and covering 100% for 2.5 other people who were either let go or went on furlough and didn't elect to come back

Like, I was just sending an email to a training host in the UK between that post and this post, haha

JOHN CENA posted:

if you dont get me a frito burrito im pulling a coup d'etat on the thread mod

imo my perennial go-tos at Taco Bell have been the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito and the Cheesy Gordita Crunch - I'm always getting at least one of those two if I'm there

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok a lot of people posted a lot of stuff but p much none of it is really moving me much one way or the other, early crew rocked but 2nd wave crew is a big 'meh' read.

So far I'm suspicious of these folks (out of those who have actually participated so far):

Hum
Sandwolf
Sci
Solus
DGK but only sortakinda compared to above

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can never get any of the bigger heavier meals at taco bell, they always give me stomachaches. a lil taco or small burrito is always more than enough for me :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Disclaimer: please note that Solus is completely right to keep me on my toes by making me suspicious of him

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh for Taco Bell chat, I heard they don't do double decker tacos anymore, is this true???

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

i thought your post was a "why are you saying that? its obvious" sorry

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

yea! youve figured out the true meaning of day 1!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

yea! youve figured out the true meaning of day 1!!

go easy on him he hasnt lasted this long before!!!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i can never get any of the bigger heavier meals at taco bell, they always give me stomachaches. a lil taco or small burrito is always more than enough for me :)

My parents always forbid my sister and I from getting Taco Bell as kids, so I went absolutely nuts as soon as I could start going myself. I think early on in college I'd usually get a cheesy gordita crunch, a 5-layer burrito, a volcano burrito, and a side of cheesy fiesta potatoes and eat like 2500 calories of garbage for like, $8

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh for Taco Bell chat, I heard they don't do double decker tacos anymore, is this true???

I think I got one in...February the last time I ordered something there? Looking it up they technically discontinued it last September, but the nacho crunch double stacked taco is still on the menu and it's like the same exact thing with crunch strips

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Oh I see you're doing that ignoring me thing this game fine then I see how it is :colbert:

Gimme a reason to address you and I will buddy!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Gimme a reason to address you and I will buddy!

Scumwolf it is

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

S. Cum Wolf, thank you very much, Scumwolf was my father

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Sandwolf posted:

S. Cum Wolf, thank you very much, Scumwolf was my father

Always thought of you as the cum dog tbh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

Always thought of you as the cum dog tbh

d’aww, thanks dude

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

i thought your post was a "why are you saying that? its obvious" sorry

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings by pretending I’d forgotten you were playing, I didn’t forget, I just wrote that to be rude and vote you.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote John Cena

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

JC’s speculation about who would be picked by captains is mega scummy: it abrogates any requirement to make a proper case and allows him to attack people for “being good at mafia” regardless of alignment

It is also stupid, because there could be any number of ways that people pick their teams, there are way too many variables in play to use that as a way to find scum, especially before any flips.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Scientastic posted:

JC’s speculation about who would be picked by captains is mega scummy: it abrogates any requirement to make a proper case and allows him to attack people for “being good at mafia” regardless of alignment

It is also stupid, because there could be any number of ways that people pick their teams, there are way too many variables in play to use that as a way to find scum, especially before any flips.

This is why i love you and cherish every game in in with you

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Also love hambeet but he's scum who did 100 in a 60 zone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

nah im just lazy and its day 1 with more than 20 players. im not gonna rack my brain and try to make cases if i dont see any leads. the scenario i laid out for myself just feels like the logical place to start.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

nah im just lazy and its day 1 with more than 20 players. im not gonna rack my brain and try to make cases if i dont see any leads. the scenario i laid out for myself just feels like the logical place to start.

JC........ . ......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont think ive ever played w john cena before? idk how he normally plays