Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Steak posted:

wow ok that sucks a lot
Seriously, if I get a gun one of you is dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

Seriously, if I get a gun one of you is dying

i legit think that 1 item on the list will prevent any of the boons from getting claimed in this entire game.

also, thanks sng that's good stuff! i should make a lumpenlist too actually

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

^taste is town, I guarantee it

taste is lurking HARD tho

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

sorry if i said that a bit rudely, but you dont have to shoot back with something so obviously untrue.

i just wanted to point out how you should stop posting about the vig and/or your vague neutral reads so much, and actually contribute to discussion more. you've been kinda lightly shading everyone for "running their wheels" but you havent been making any effort to the contrary at all. so like, you're kind of... part of the problem here?

so instead of just shooting your gun to make a big boom (which, dont get me wrong, would be fine too, that'd be good content), maybe try participating more first...?

No it’s ok you made a good point, I guess my sarcastic humor came off badly, sorry. Tbh, I’m just now getting to focus on this today since all my posts yesterday.

Anyways,

Me:I’m town, so I’m using myself as a constant variable.

Scientastic: I’ve played in 3 games thus far and when they are scum they tend to be opportunistic and over aggressive in their scumhunting. I think they are being very measured with exception to their steak interactions which seem to be based more on previously established rapport.

Tommu: very much the same line of thought as Scientastic, the reason that I figured they were scum in Cuomo time was the aggressive performance art of their early D1 attacks on players. Here though they are being much more analytical. So I say town.

Steak: despite the apparent meta of your posting style being all over the place D1, I believe you are actively trying to throw paint around and see what gets splashed so to speak. I think it’s less orchestrated chaos and more consistent pressure across the board, but given how muddled your D1 seems to get I feel like it’s not clearly town as I may think so I’m keeping you in null category

Hambeet: I’m flipping on you a bit because I think you started off scummy and lurking but you seemed to be more engaged last night. Your posts don’t seem too opportunistic so I’m feeling maybe townish?

More coming

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

I was not aware taste was in this game as I haven't been hounded

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t have any strong scum reads yet. JC is pinging me for kinda weak reasons (it does seem like he’s tryna present a personality, rather than meaningfully scumhunt), Bif is pinging me a bit (why defend Cena lightly but then also say you’d vote them, even if it wasn’t at the top of your list?), and Steak is pinging me (this ‘but I do know the scumteam lol’ honestly feels, to m, like him trying to do something)

I’d vote anywhere though.

SNG I’ve thought about it and you should shoot the gun, but you should wait closer to deadline.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Formatted better

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t have any strong scum reads yet.

JC is pinging me for kinda weak reasons (it does seem like he’s tryna present a personality, rather than meaningfully scumhunt),

Bif is pinging me a bit (why defend Cena lightly but then also say you’d vote them, even if it wasn’t at the top of your list?),

and Steak is pinging me (this ‘but I do know the scumteam lol’ honestly feels, to m, like him trying to do something)

I’d vote anywhere though.

SNG I’ve thought about it and you should shoot the gun, but you should wait closer to deadline.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sng you probably should have more of an opinion on humalong than lumping him with "everyone else" considering he's gotten the most votes so far

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also for those of us in est, the deadline is gonna be at NOON on saturday, just a heads up. and if you're in pacific time that means even earlier in the morning.

therefore we really shouldnt play w the intention of lunching someone just before deadline (which is a culture i hate anyway), and like... if you wanna vote someone and deadline is 18 hours away, loving do it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

LOL thank you for pointing that out steak

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Pecota: seemed to be taking more of a guiding role, which I appreciate, and seems to be pretty level headed. However, that’s an easy tactic to play so I’m not putting too much stick in it. Leaning town.

Everyone else either gives me nothing to work with or is just floating as a null read. With so many people I haven’t focused as much as I should have so I need to go over these posts some more. However, a couple null reads at a glance:

Solus: After the initial time stamp debacle panned out, we haven’t heard much since.
Hum along: maybe it’s just because I’m new, but I’ve yet to see where y’all were coming from with the Hum votes, they seem like a null read and everyone’s kind of moved on?

Bif: For my scum picks so far, I prioritize performative posting as scummy. A lot of it occurred during joke phase so it may be moot, but much of bif’a posts seemed opportunistic and over exaggerated, taking up arms valiantly when there was a possible scumhunt and staunch defender when the tides turned after. I’m willing to chalk up the weird interaction with Scientastic as joke phase but it still left a bad taste. Speaking of,

Taste: on the other end of the scale, lurking is a tried and true scum tactic, and with the exception of a few joke posts they kind of disappeared? They seem to be a frequent player so I don’t think it’s apathy.

B-: same problem, very lurky, with special mention of:

b-minus1 posted:

Just reinforcing my thoughts. Possible taste/b-scumteam? It’s a fringe theory but I’ll stick with it for a while.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

sng you probably should have more of an opinion on humalong than lumping him with "everyone else" considering he's gotten the most votes so far

I gave him a special place, along with Solus, as I had originally had them leaning town and scum respectively but they are now null

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Steak posted:

True. But I still think he’s town that is annoyed about rolling vanilla

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

b-minus1 posted:

True. But I still think he’s town that is annoyed about rolling vanilla
That's nonsense, though. There are no power roles, everyone's vanilla, the setup was explicit about that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I joined to start the game with the understanding I’d be dayvigged d1

Given what a strong scum player I am I assume the captains are people who haven’t seen my body of work, which is great because then I’d be hurting their team by being vigged d1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CapnAndy posted:

That's nonsense, though. There are no power roles, everyone's vanilla, the setup was explicit about that.

That’s what I get for skimming the op.

I still think taste is town

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
On mobile and I lost a post I loving hate mafia what the gently caress!!!!

the D1 shortened lumpen lists are inherently going to focus on all the post leaders because they post the most and thus have the most “bad”/scummy posts thus making them the scummiest

can someone post the vote count thingie from the forums pretty please, please, I beg

Mr Hitmonlee pushed back on me saying my posting or lack thereof makes me an easy D1 target wrt the “let’s think about how the scums teams would have been chosen”. When they’re back around I’d like them to elaborate. Caveat: I am firmly in the camp of “this avenue of investigation is distracting and not worth having, especially D1”

Thanks for posting not 200 posts this time.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

b-minus1 posted:

That’s what I get for skimming the op.

I still think taste is town

b-minus1 posted:

##vote power of pecota

You also must have skimmed the page where you made this drive by vote. Lol

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Not enough posts tbh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tommunist posted:

Im tempted to do round 2 as a normal mafia game

I would play this

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

sandnavyguy posted:

So I just read through the last several pages of posts and I think a lot of the cases are kind of weak? Steak in my little experience always acts identical day 1, the meta post angles are flawed, JC is making a bad play by focusing on who people would choose...

Basically what I’m saying is that I’m worried there’s a Bunch of town slapfighting rn.

That said, I DO have a gun, so now that we are safely out of joke phase, is there anyone y’all want me to shoot or no? Because I’m not seeing a standout scum yet, though JC is pinging me more than anybody else rn. At the very least that should give us a flip to chew on since we are kinda spinning our wheels.

Sci.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

heh. yeah that was probably my best scum game. I'm not sure if I will be able to repeat that. I am town in this game, even though I was hoping to roll scum.

You know you don't roll scum in this game, scumbo

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I agree, his voluminous posting is lacking here.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

No it’s ok you made a good point, I guess my sarcastic humor came off badly, sorry. Tbh, I’m just now getting to focus on this today since all my posts yesterday.

Anyways,

Me:I’m town, so I’m using myself as a constant variable.

Scientastic: I’ve played in 3 games thus far and when they are scum they tend to be opportunistic and over aggressive in their scumhunting. I think they are being very measured with exception to their steak interactions which seem to be based more on previously established rapport.

Tommu: very much the same line of thought as Scientastic, the reason that I figured they were scum in Cuomo time was the aggressive performance art of their early D1 attacks on players. Here though they are being much more analytical. So I say town.

Steak: despite the apparent meta of your posting style being all over the place D1, I believe you are actively trying to throw paint around and see what gets splashed so to speak. I think it’s less orchestrated chaos and more consistent pressure across the board, but given how muddled your D1 seems to get I feel like it’s not clearly town as I may think so I’m keeping you in null category

Hambeet: I’m flipping on you a bit because I think you started off scummy and lurking but you seemed to be more engaged last night. Your posts don’t seem too opportunistic so I’m feeling maybe townish?

More coming

I think the guy with the gun is scum, help

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

DGK2000 posted:

I think the guy with the gun is scum, help

would not surprise me, but at least they could shoot the other team

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

On mobile and I lost a post I loving hate mafia what the gently caress!!!!

the D1 shortened lumpen lists are inherently going to focus on all the post leaders because they post the most and thus have the most “bad”/scummy posts thus making them the scummiest

can someone post the vote count thingie from the forums pretty please, please, I beg

Mr Hitmonlee pushed back on me saying my posting or lack thereof makes me an easy D1 target wrt the “let’s think about how the scums teams would have been chosen”. When they’re back around I’d like them to elaborate. Caveat: I am firmly in the camp of “this avenue of investigation is distracting and not worth having, especially D1”

Thanks for posting not 200 posts this time.

I don't like your first sentence but I can understand you get killed early a lot, so I'll keep an eye on you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

literally all game you've been saying almost this exact same post

I agree, I've been holding back on mentioning my suspicions of SNG since he's got a gun and all and I had other fish to fry in the meantime. But screw it, I don't like how he's asking for so much approval and direction on how to use it.

sandnavyguy posted:

Literally all game you’ve been going in circles.

And this is a poor response. Steak has been very active this D1 and putting his calls out there and driving content and "going in circles" is very uncharitable and defensive.

Spoonsy posted:

yes, but he has a gun and we'd dont?

And here comes Spoonsy to deflect, just as I was thinking I need to add him onto my list cause my Bojack buddy has unfortunately not contributed anything else. He's goin on the list and I better post my updated list before I maybe get shot cause looks like SNG might be gearing up to overcome that early fear of shooting town, and start rolling out the excuses once he flips one:

sandnavyguy posted:

Bif: For my scum picks so far, I prioritize performative posting as scummy. A lot of it occurred during joke phase so it may be moot, but much of bif’a posts seemed opportunistic and over exaggerated, taking up arms valiantly when there was a possible scumhunt and staunch defender when the tides turned after. I’m willing to chalk up the weird interaction with Scientastic as joke phase but it still left a bad taste.

SNG do you think my posts discussing actual casing are performative? Or did you mean the jokeposts where I was literally referencing a fictional performer?

Anyway updated suspect list:

Humalong - think he's still a good vote today, don't think he responded well to a very small amount of early suspicion, and then he retaliated by doing an even lazier pressure vote on me.

Spoonsy - I would be sad to lose my Bojack buddy, but he's shown up for stuff like that while not contributing any other actual content.

Sandwolf - I think I was onto something with him being too scared to throw a jokevote on me, he seems to be hanging back playing things a bit too lowkey.

SNG - See the rest of my post above

Solus - getting those classic Solus scummy vibes

hambeet - making his usual lots of posts but not a lot of pressuring people or making calls. The one call he has made lately, Steak, I disagree with quite a bit. Everyone here should be warned that when Beet is scum he has no problem keeping up the constant stream of shitposts. Do not let his activity level fool you.

Scientastic - here though, while I remain suspicious, they are a very active participant actually prodding people and making calls, so I would emphatically not pursue him today.

JOHN CENA - as promised, he's pencilled in at the bottom of the list. I'm not convinced yet he's a top target, but definitely wanna keep an eye on him for that "won't vote these people all game" nonsense

DGK is now off the list, I only included him earlier since I needed to try and flesh the list out, but my feelings on him were extremely vague and they're now easing up. Also now my list is way too long, but whatever, obviously some I'll be wrong about

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

JOHN CENA - as promised, he's pencilled in at the bottom of the list. I'm not convinced yet he's a top target, but definitely wanna keep an eye on him for that "won't vote these people all game" nonsense

Man I feel bad for JC though that even his "staunch defender" is giving him the side-eye. Did y'all see SNG slip that in? Calling me a "staunch defender"?

If I've been a staunch defender of anyone it's actually Steak and that's been from the start, not "at the turn of the tide" or whatever SNG said in his flowery narrative there

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i thought i responded exceptionally well since both of the people casting suspicion on me are idiots

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

i thought i responded exceptionally well since both of the people casting suspicion on me are idiots

Asking to suicide by navyguy just from two idiots voting you? man if you can't take the heat get outta the food crime kitchen

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

would not surprise me, but at least they could shoot the other team

i didnt want to say it cuz i thought i was already being too rude to him, but ive started feeling similarly. the main thing is his insistence on receiving permission to shoot the gun, and defensiveness when i shaded him a bit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(oh, that's like exactly what bif just said. lol)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

i didnt want to say it cuz i thought i was already being too rude to him, but ive started feeling similarly. the main thing is his insistence on receiving permission to shoot the gun, and defensiveness when i shaded him a bit
Permission is good, if I hadn't insisted on getting consensus from the town before doing my plan in Gushers we'd have all slaughtered each other and lost the game because it was predicated on wrong assumptions. SNG's seemed fine to me except for when he went "well gosh I'm thinking of shooting Cena because he's bad but maybe he's not???", that sort of throwing out an opinion and then immediately pulling it back always strikes me as scummy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shooting a lurker would be sweet, so we don't need to have a big long derail debating whether it's worth lunching one

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Bifauxnen posted:

Shooting a lurker would be sweet, so we don't need to have a big long derail debating whether it's worth lunching one

Shoot hambeet imo

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

You’ve yet to play with me DGK, but I always post like this. It’s a small sample size, I know, but I’m always super cautious D1 and overthink things. Anyway, Once I fire off I’ll be VT like everyone else with no more PR so there’s no reason for me to over stress being flipped and though Obviously no one wants to be shot but the more interaction info out there the better, I’m not a survivor so as long as town wins I’m happy.

That said I still think you are being performative, bif, and I’m sticking by being concerned over JCs posting.

And you did Hum, I seriously don’t see steaks case on you at all.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

theres an argument for both sides. lurker lunch would certainly be good for making the net energy level of the game higher, but that comes at the cost of actionable information and connections to be made if they do flip scum.

and the opposite is obvious but i'll say it anyway: good for more possible connections to be made, but more of a loss to town if they're not scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also as far as the gun goes I *just* got vigged 10min into D1 in gushers and though it wasn’t horrible it still didn’t feel great? So I’m not going to apologize for trying to be judicious with a D1 vig.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m about to go to bed, because I am climbing Ben Nevis tomorrow. I will definitely be able to check in tomorrow morning and before deadline, but won’t be able to post at all while during the day as I will be either walking up a mountain, down a mountain or sitting a pub drinking well-deserved beer.

JC is still scum, pretty sure Bif is too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you’re worried about using the vig, just keep it and get a boon