Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Once I fire off I’ll be VT like everyone else with no more PR so there’s no reason for me to over stress being flipped and though Obviously no one wants to be shot but the more interaction info out there the better, I’m not a survivor so as long as town wins I’m happy.

not gonna lie, this is some really loving weird poo poo you are saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

If you’re worried about using the vig, just keep it and get a boon

would you take a 1/8 chance of becoming a survivor (translation: automatically lose the game)?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just grumpy I retroactively remembered that everyone in this game except the Gun Haver is Vanilla and I can't attempt to puzzle piece it together through night actions

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

I’m about to go to bed, because I am climbing Ben Nevis tomorrow. I will definitely be able to check in tomorrow morning and before deadline, but won’t be able to post at all while during the day as I will be either walking up a mountain, down a mountain or sitting a pub drinking well-deserved beer.

JC is still scum, pretty sure Bif is too.

Mind humouring me and explaining exactly as to why? Cause iirc the initial spark was just "omg how could anyone agree with Steak on anything ever" and it seemed like such a strange overblown reaction to me making an early pressure vote on someone who wasn't even you

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Solus, Sandwolf and SNG all feel really scummy to me.

Mr. Steak posted:

theres an argument for both sides. lurker lunch would certainly be good for making the net energy level of the game higher, but that comes at the cost of actionable information and connections to be made if they do flip scum.

and the opposite is obvious but i'll say it anyway: good for more possible connections to be made, but more of a loss to town if they're not scum.

This feels like noshit mafia-dadding.

Bifauxnen posted:

Shooting a lurker would be sweet, so we don't need to have a big long derail debating whether it's worth lunching one

Shooting a lurker is objectively better than lunching one, I agree.

sandnavyguy posted:

You've yet to play with me DGK, but I always post like this. It's a small sample size, I know, but I'm always super cautious D1 and overthink things. Anyway, Once I fire off I'll be VT like everyone else with no more PR so there's no reason for me to over stress being flipped and though Obviously no one wants to be shot but the more interaction info out there the better, I'm not a survivor so as long as town wins I'm happy.

Most town thing you can do is just fire the drat gun and own that you made your own choice.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Spoonsy posted:

I'm just grumpy I retroactively remembered that everyone in this game except the Gun Haver is Vanilla and I can't attempt to puzzle piece it together through night actions

Oops you have to play the game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree, I've been holding back on mentioning my suspicions of SNG since he's got a gun and all and I had other fish to fry in the meantime. But screw it, I don't like how he's asking for so much approval and direction on how to use it.

Ew ew ew ew ##vote Bif I get the vibes on SNG too but to straight up admit you were happy to let him be scummy if it meant you wouldn’t be threatened with a shot

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Scientastic posted:

The problem with the boon is the 12.5% chance you end up getting your win condition changed to a much shittier one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG shoot the person who was afraid to draw your ire

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Ew ew ew ew ##vote Bif I get the vibes on SNG too but to straight up admit you were happy to let him be scummy if it meant you wouldn’t be threatened with a shot

Uh, did you see me mention I had other fish to fry? It's not like I didn't have other stuff to pursue in the meantime. Now that my vague suspicious on SNG are stronger to be worth mentioning, lookit that, I mentioned it

Spare me the loving pearl clutching grandma

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

The problem with the boon is the 12.5% chance you end up getting your win condition changed to a much shittier one.

If you’re legitimately afraid of this you shouldn’t have signed up for the game! Stop tryna min-max a social party game!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh, did you see me mention I had other fish to fry? It's not like I didn't have other stuff to pursue in the meantime. Now that my vague suspicious on SNG are stronger to be worth mentioning, lookit that, I mentioned it

Spare me the loving pearl clutching grandma

drat Bif this tone just feels so so so defensive compared to what I said. Where am I pearl-clutching?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

This feels like noshit mafia-dadding.

you're correct but why not mention it so all the cards are on the table

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

SNG shoot the person who was afraid to draw your ire

Lol and now he's gonna try and just push for a good active townie to die D1, yeah you passed up Hum at least

##vote Sandwolf

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Oops you have to play the game

I know, right

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also lol at the concept of me mafia dadding bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

drat Bif this tone just feels so so so defensive compared to what I said. Where am I pearl-clutching?

Here

Sandwolf posted:

"Ew ew ew ew" look at this behaviour that is "objectively incorrect mafia"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol and now he's gonna try and just push for a good active townie to die D1, yeah you passed up Hum at least

##vote Sandwolf

I agree that he is a good vote.

##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Sandwolf

Nice technical definition for OMGUS

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sandwolf posted:

If you’re legitimately afraid of this you shouldn’t have signed up for the game! Stop tryna min-max a social party game!!
Survivor is a lovely role, I'd rather be VT and if I gotta shoot a dude to avoid it, then one of y'all is dying. I do not feel bad about this because the logic is a) on my side and b) ironclad:

I'm me and you guys aren't

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

I don't know ho Bifauxnen is, so I don't know why that's funny.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

You are sucking, though

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

would you take a 1/8 chance of becoming a survivor (translation: automatically lose the game)?

I certainly don’t wanna take that chance, hence my resignation at using a vig. I dislike D1 vigs without any flips, but at the same time I don’t wanna suddenly become a scummy 3p

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

I agree that he is a good vote.

##vote Sandwolf

I legitimately like you, so can you explain why every game we play together you just do this poo poo for the first two days? Last time you did this poo poo you got hit with me being confirmed town, stop being a moron.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I legitimately like you, so can you explain why every game we play together you just do this poo poo for the first two days? Last time you did this poo poo you got hit with me being confirmed town, stop being a moron.

It's easy to poke you, don't be dumb.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bifauxnen posted:

Mind humouring me and explaining exactly as to why? Cause iirc the initial spark was just "omg how could anyone agree with Steak on anything ever" and it seemed like such a strange overblown reaction to me making an early pressure vote on someone who wasn't even you

The Steak thing is in there, but it’s mainly your reaction to the JC posts. It’s gut at the moment, I’ll no doubt make an effort post about it at some point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

That does make me lol, lol

Sandwolf posted:

I've said it before and I'll proudly day it again, OMGUS is the soul of Mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ll Mafia dad anyone, all of these posters are all my children

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I certainly don’t wanna take that chance, hence my resignation at using a vig. I dislike D1 vigs without any flips, but at the same time I don’t wanna suddenly become a scummy 3p

You might be a survivor if you DON'T use it, so this is bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

It's easy to poke you, don't be dumb.

cool, it legitimately detracts from my enjoyment in playing games with you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

being vt is amazing you can just sit back and let people butt heads and take notes on how they react to suspicion and then you don't even have to stress at night

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

i think you misread his post, and/or he phrased it weird. by "resignation at using a vig" he meant "resignation to use the vig"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

cool, it legitimately detracts from my enjoyment in playing games with you

So should I not be prodding you if I legit think you're doing scummy things?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

That’s what I said? I’m saying I’m being forced to use a vig the way I hate (D1 before any flips) because the alternative is buff/debug roulette.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

That seems like what he's saying?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i think you misread his post, and/or he phrased it weird. by "resignation at using a vig" he meant "resignation to use the vig"

This.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

So should I not be prodding you if I legit think you're doing scummy things?

##unvote fine

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

Yeah it read weird to me and I am emotionally charged so I am walking away

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

waaaiiitt a second, is this scientastic missing the entire point of this argument BECAUSE the survivor debuff is actually still a boon for scum and she forgot...??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*he.

(the profile pic)