Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

sandnavyguy posted:

Steak we are not at lylo. That is an argument once we get past at least what, D3?

GenericGirlName posted:

I don’t like this post. And it’s not the survivor part, it’s the “why are you considering the impact of lurkers at lylo? We’re no where near lylo!”

Surely lurkers are a threat that everyone wants handled as early as possible because they get harder and harder to remove later.

GenericGirlName posted:

What value is there in either of those scenarios to keeping that player around until it is late enough in the game that we are choosing between disposing of them or someone that we have strong scum cases on?

If we cannot be confident (either due to lack of posting or due to lack of reads on them as town aligned) that that player will be a beneficial member of town at lylo, why is it not valid to discuss removing them before we are in a lylo state?

Please respond to the actual question I asked you.

sandnavyguy posted:

What was all that Y’all have been saying about go ahead and shoot, it’ll be fine? Cause it looks like I was absolutely right, and y’all are jumping down my throat.

No told you who to shoot. Sorry that your choice of target is resulting in people building cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

ok so why did you shoot someone with no case on them whatsoever?

Bif was attacking them tbh I think it makes sense not from a townie perspective but from a personal (SNG) perspective

I also thought Bif would flip scum so I didn’t see anything wrong with it tbh

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

ok so why did you shoot someone with no case on them whatsoever?

Excuse me? Take a look at vote finder. Also, take a look at your own posts, and bif’s posts from early D1. Compared to hum the case was iron-fricking clad, and I gave my own opinion on the drat list I posted after being called out for lurking.

Which is EXACTLY why I didn’t wanna shoot yesterday. But had I not tried to give us more time, they STILL would be my choice, just 20 hours ago.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the tragedy here is sng is probably town.

there is no way, in a hypothetical sng and i scum team universe, would i let sng gun anyone at this stage and especially not a prolific poster. he might cop a vote or two for holding out till end of day, but at least holding to that principle would be easier to defend against than what has transpired.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, that escalated. I should make my opinion known, so: I don't actually think SNG's scum.

My read before the shot was that he was playing scared; jumping at his own shadow, qualifying every opinion, wanting the town to take the decision of who to shoot out of his hands. And I totally get why that came off scummy, not wanting to make definitive cases so you always have an out is a scumtell. But to me it read as fear from being the only power in an otherwise VT game. With the bif shot... that was anger, obviously. Bif got under his skin and maaaaaybe it's unwise to provoke the dude with the gun.

So what I see is a guy who was scared, caught heat for it, and got frustrated so he (literally!) popped off. And what I keep thinking is, wouldn't scum have just talked it over with their buddies? Blown off steam and come up with a plan to regroup? SNG's playing like a dude who's all alone and doesn't like it very much. This looks like a town meltdown to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

to clarify, if i was town vanilla i would have shot by now too at the moment it would have been funniest.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think I’ll vote SNG for this, I see the case, and I do think he’s been scummy, but this case feels... like.. he shot town. but we can’t lunch for that every day.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Conversely it’s good cover for a bad scum shoot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

So inversely, people who shoot scum are confirmed town? (Fire & ice setup)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

t a s t e posted:

yeah in this case i dont think so. when you're on a team of 3, playing fast and loose is probably not the best.

BUT THAT WORKED FOR US LAST GAME

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

t a s t e posted:

Naw, "gently caress you buddy *BANG*" is just a bad shot period

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

So inversely, people who shoot scum are confirmed town? (Fire & ice setup)

No, that doesn’t logically follow. Necessary and sufficient

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
What’s the actual # of people who explicitly told SNG they had to shoot the gun right this moment or else?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

beet get out of my head

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Naw, "gently caress you buddy *BANG*" is just a bad shot period

Sure, but it’s plausible that a given bad shot might be viewed as more forgivable in the eyes of sympathetic, misguided town when it’s borne out of frustration

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think I’ll vote SNG for this, I see the case, and I do think he’s been scummy, but this case feels... like.. he shot town. but we can’t lunch for that every day.

sandwolf admits he's happy for town to die.

more news at 11am.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GenericGirlName posted:

Please respond to the actual question I asked you.

No told you who to shoot. Sorry that your choice of target is resulting in people building cases.

I did? Did you even read my posts?

quote="sandnavyguy" post="506725323"]
Because eliminating a player unlikely to be scum is antithetical to being useful. If they are complete dead weight and don’t vote or anything they allow the game to be weighted in towns favor. It’s a possible NK that doesn’t harm towns planning team (though it’s unlikely they’ll do that it still is an option.), an extra body keeps the majority vote high which requires more town to be on board with the lunch if we begin paring the number down helping prevent a scum rush led turbo, and in a game with multiple vigs, gives additional time to figure out which vote leader to lunch and which to flip early.

Eliminating them just wastes a vig.
[/quote]

But if you mean to focus on the last part of your question, leaving them on is a mute abstaining vote. Inherently it shrinks scum in comparison to the non scum majority. Like I already said.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I disagree beet, if I’m scum I’m killing anyone who’s not my alignment on d1and being content w that

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sigh I’m posting on mobile please pretend that I had an open bracket at the beginning of my quote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sng did you play under a different name or is that thunderdome av just seared into my head from others

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

t a s t e posted:

Sng did you play under a different name or is that thunderdome av just seared into my head from others

lot of bad writers that play mafia, go figure

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nope this is my fourth game (5th if you include 10 minutes in Gushers)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

that was a scummy shot but also a lot of the lazy "welp" votes on sng feel scummy, too

which makes sense, since there's two scum teams!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

I disagree beet, if I’m scum I’m killing anyone who’s not my alignment on d1and being content w that

Yah but I’m not sure SNG has that acumen yet

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I had a vig in the cuomo game and I waited til D2 before using it, I think D1 vigs are useless to be honest.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

that was a scummy shot but also a lot of the lazy "welp" votes on sng feel scummy, too

Once again I agree with you. I would rather lunch anyone currently voting sng insteadi of lunching sng.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

I also don’t see an entire team of three, or even two of three, scum rushing to vote on that, though.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

sandnavyguy posted:

-snipt for length-

Maybe I’m not explaining my question right. Why did you want to shut down discussion of how a lurker(of any kind of alignment) BEFORE it becomes an imminent problem? Follow up, when would you think it’s appropriate to have that discussion as a whole town?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
My town list continues to grow.
Taste
Hambeet
Sng

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Of the votes on SNG, taste feels like he’s trying to push it the most, think I’ll vote there

##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I will support any of bifs list

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Six votes, that’s all the scum. Book ‘em!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Of the votes on SNG, taste feels like he’s trying to push it the most, think I’ll vote there

##vote taste

Lmao lord help me but it’s time to go back to the old me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GenericGirlName posted:

Maybe I’m not explaining my question right. Why did you want to shut down discussion of how a lurker(of any kind of alignment) BEFORE it becomes an imminent problem? Follow up, when would you think it’s appropriate to have that discussion as a whole town?

After we have at least on flip based on votes. Then, we can look at it in terms of “this person is t getting replaced” and also, I haven’t mentioned this yet but uh, there’s a post limit right? They’d be a free mod kill by that point. why waste bullets?

I’m just confused why this isn’t coming across well.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

E+ asked for a replacement in gen thread

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

what I’m saying is that town or not Bif’s suggestion is laughably in favor of scum. Can anyone argue why it WOULD be a good idea to waste a shot on a non poster?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I also don’t see an entire team of three, or even two of three, scum rushing to vote on that, though.

GenericGirlName posted:

Six votes, that’s all the scum. Book ‘em!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I had a vig in the cuomo game and I waited til D2 before using it, I think D1 vigs are useless to be honest.

idk I killed the SK with my day 1 vig, maybe they're only useful in the properly skilled hands

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

what I’m saying is that town or not Bif’s suggestion is laughably in favor of scum. Can anyone argue why it WOULD be a good idea to waste a shot on a non poster?

If you are town SNG you need to drop this immediately, because you continuing to harp on it is very scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

idk I killed the SK with my day 1 vig, maybe they're only useful in the properly skilled hands

My hands are very unskilled that’s true.