Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bif is #3 in post count.

cut down in her prime.

that's the real crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you're all too quiet right when i want to be avoiding work. anyway that's enough making new posts for tommu to case.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

bif is #3 in post count.

cut down in her prime.

that's the real crime.

im still upset about that. i get he's new and felt pressured but ugh. even if you sorta think the highest content poster is scum, you dont kill them when there are 5 other scum around. high content scum will continue posting, and more posts = better info when they flip. medium content players are literally better to kill regardless of your read on them cuz if town, town isn't losing their *literal* best member, and if scum then theres still some content to work with.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

hambeet posted:

you're all too quiet right when i want to be avoiding work. anyway that's enough making new posts for tommu to case.

My nostrils are flaring

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

im still upset about that. i get he's new and felt pressured but ugh. even if you sorta think the highest content poster is scum, you dont kill them when there are 5 other scum around. high content scum will continue posting, and more posts = better info when they flip. medium content players are literally better to kill regardless of your read on them cuz if town, town isn't losing their *literal* best member, and if scum then theres still some content to work with.

SNG isn't new im p sure?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

My nostrils are flaring

like a magnificent stallion.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

SNG isn't new im p sure?

fifth game, which i don't think accounts for newness anymore.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

i agree with all of this and my read on steak is townish now.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Tommunist posted:

SNG isn't new im p sure?

They said they have played less then 10 days? I can’t find the post and it’s 11pm, I gotta play don’t starve together.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

I was under the impression he was some from the dawn of time devil who hasn't played since before the wheel

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GenericGirlName posted:

They said they have played less then 10 days? I can’t find the post and it’s 11pm, I gotta play don’t starve together.

technically you both can't starve together. the last person alive technically wins the protein jackpot.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i said technically twice there. so much for proof reading.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

i said technically twice there. so much for proof reading.

Stop copying my poasting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tommunist owns the means of postduction

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

technically you both can't starve together. the last person alive technically wins the protein jackpot.

Me and my roommate work together, either we eat or we die!!!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

hambeet posted:

imo 5 games is still new, I've played games with like half the roster here when I was last active playing mafia like 5 years ago

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway updated suspect list:

Humalong - think he's still a good vote today, don't think he responded well to a very small amount of early suspicion, and then he retaliated by doing an even lazier pressure vote on me.

Spoonsy - I would be sad to lose my Bojack buddy, but he's shown up for stuff like that while not contributing any other actual content.

Sandwolf - I think I was onto something with him being too scared to throw a jokevote on me, he seems to be hanging back playing things a bit too lowkey.

SNG - See the rest of my post above

Solus - getting those classic Solus scummy vibes

hambeet - making his usual lots of posts but not a lot of pressuring people or making calls. The one call he has made lately, Steak, I disagree with quite a bit. Everyone here should be warned that when Beet is scum he has no problem keeping up the constant stream of shitposts. Do not let his activity level fool you.

Scientastic - here though, while I remain suspicious, they are a very active participant actually prodding people and making calls, so I would emphatically not pursue him today.

JOHN CENA - as promised, he's pencilled in at the bottom of the list. I'm not convinced yet he's a top target, but definitely wanna keep an eye on him for that "won't vote these people all game" nonsense

im starting to think sng is scum again because im so baffled by his decision. now im thinking the team wanted her dead for being too good at scumhunting, and that they expected the wifom about how bad the vig is would deflect from having sng lunched. i would be legit surprised if we dont see that entire scumteam on this list.

i checked if any of these names ran interference or tried to play off sng's vig as wrong but not scummy immediately after the vig. especially because the other 2 scum surely would have been online at the time going "ok you can shoot now, we'll run interference to cut off momentum at the root". the wordt offenders in thag regard turned out to be hambeet and sandwolf.

hambeet

hambeet posted:

Lol why bif? I said bminus

hambeet posted:

Well don’t be scummy sng

hambeet posted:

Lurker day 1 lunches or vigs are fine. Day 3 not so much. There should be better cases by then.

Scum like to argue against lurker lynches early so that they try for townie cred points by defending them and because town lurkers later on are low hanging fruit for them to veer onto.

dad styles

hambeet posted:

the tragedy here is sng is probably town.

there is no way, in a hypothetical sng and i scum team universe, would i let sng gun anyone at this stage and especially not a prolific poster. he might cop a vote or two for holding out till end of day, but at least holding to that principle would be easier to defend against than what has transpired.
sandwolf

Sandwolf posted:

Bif was attacking them tbh I think it makes sense not from a townie perspective but from a personal (SNG) perspective

I also thought Bif would flip scum so I didn’t see anything wrong with it tbh

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think I’ll vote SNG for this, I see the case, and I do think he’s been scummy, but this case feels... like.. he shot town. but we can’t lunch for that every day.

im particularly sus on sandwolf for this because he hasn't been very present in thread but right after the vig he was quick to assist in forming the narrative that sng is town.

also of note is capnandy's contribution, but call it confirmation bias... i see that as too blatant to be scum assistance. hambeet and sandwolf's posts are way more like... "forced casual" i guess

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
People still consider me new and I’ve played more then 10 games lmao

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

hambeet and sandwolf's posts are way more like... "forced casual" i guess

Agreed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're new until you've played 50 imo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

People still consider me new and I’ve played more then 10 games lmao

I don't know what the actual line is, but part of that is because I'm old as poo poo in SA mafia terms. I was lurking during kingcobweb's first GBS game and my first game on here was in 2007

Like here's me replacing into a mafia game when Luciano Pavarotti was still alive

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, how have i only played 44?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm a new-era regular + fan favorite :P

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Taste, was your username Jonathan Fisk for a while or was that a different Buffalo Bills fan with that Donald Duck avatar in TFF?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

Taste, was your username Jonathan Fisk for a while or was that a different Buffalo Bills fan with that Donald Duck avatar in TFF?

yes

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

i'm a new-era regular + fan favorite :P

You can look up how many times I posted #teamsteak during the last season of AS in the spectator discord, I was pulling for you!

Also you had me totally fooled in the gushers game, if Humalong didn't shoot you I'd have been defending you as town for a while because of the way you announced your dayvig

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

a rogue admin took away my name for a couple of years, but not my love of bad teams

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sad wolf loving booked it out of thread when people started looking at his posts post-shot and going “uhhhhhhh”

##vote sandwolf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

You can look up how many times I posted #teamsteak during the last season of AS in the spectator discord, I was pulling for you!

Also you had me totally fooled in the gushers game, if Humalong didn't shoot you I'd have been defending you as town for a while because of the way you announced your dayvig

ahaha, thanks (for both parts)

i do pride myself on being a good scum player. though.... im aware the general conception is that im a horrible scum member. lmao. which is patently false. but i guess it helps me in the long run since nobody *wants* to be known as a threat that should always be lunched just in case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

im starting to think sng is scum again because im so baffled by his decision. now im thinking the team wanted her dead for being too good at scumhunting, and that they expected the wifom about how bad the vig is would deflect from having sng lunched. i would be legit surprised if we dont see that entire scumteam on this list.

i checked if any of these names ran interference or tried to play off sng's vig as wrong but not scummy immediately after the vig. especially because the other 2 scum surely would have been online at the time going "ok you can shoot now, we'll run interference to cut off momentum at the root". the wordt offenders in thag regard turned out to be hambeet and sandwolf.

hambeet

sandwolf

im particularly sus on sandwolf for this because he hasn't been very present in thread but right after the vig he was quick to assist in forming the narrative that sng is town.

also of note is capnandy's contribution, but call it confirmation bias... i see that as too blatant to be scum assistance. hambeet and sandwolf's posts are way more like... "forced casual" i guess

eh a few others not on that list have expressed similar sentiments too tho

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I know when Steak is scum or not.

Sadly it doesn’t work in reverse, but he’s got a lot of hustle.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, also, pls dont lunch me for saying that i am just being narcissistic as always

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

I know when Steak is scum or not.

Sadly it doesn’t work in reverse, but he’s got a lot of hustle.

this but the opposite

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cena took pleasure in reminding me recently of how hard I blew final tribal, but in my defense I had real life obligations and was too cowed as a new poster to ask for a reschedule

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

eh a few others not on that list have expressed similar sentiments too tho

really? cuz from the next couple pages after the vig i ONLY saw capnandy meeting that description

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh oh, steak is showing his high school achievements list again

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

t a s t e posted:

You're new until you've played 50 imo

drat I'm not new

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

really? cuz from the next couple pages after the vig i ONLY saw capnandy meeting that description

Mr. Steak posted:

lol what about if the 2nd place vote leader near deadline is a null read for you? stop making up excuses to not shoot people

Mr. Steak posted:

since you've been facing this w a utilitarian philosophy to minimize harm under the assumption that whoever you shoot will be town, how does shooting bif cause less harm than killing a lurker?

also, tbh i find myself agreeing w the people saying sng seems frustrated and alone and therefore town.... which annoys me because im frustrated w his choice. one idea tho: i mean, maybe his scumbros simply agreed that they thought bif was gonna flip scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

trapeth sprungeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hang on please don't post till i can find an ace touchdown gif