Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I will not vote tpink today holy poo poo what a flake out push lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Power of Pecota posted:

The thing on me is weird! I feel like saying "join me in voting X" when you've given no reason for voting X and have never played a game with X before is weird as gently caress, and even if I'm X nobody else is acknowledging that it's weird

this is all valid!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CapnAndy posted:

Because I asked if anyone wanted to do that, I'm assuming.

Do you actually think tpink's more likely to be scum than your Steak vote? Like, what's your preferential ranking 1-4 between tpink/Steak/SNG/hambeet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can we just come to a freakin decision

i hate this game i am sorry epsilon but oh my god large games with no power roles are the hardest thing to care about

i will vote anyone if we can come to a decision. if you all vote me then great maybe i can pick up a win without having to put up with seventy two hour days of voting someone i think is very obviously scum (sandnavyguy) while the rest of town squabbles over a bunch of morans.

here is where im putting my vote. im done posting for the game day.

##vote sandnavyguy

i think he is scum and i think sandwolf is scum and has been strongly mafiadadding him all game long.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have unbookmarked the thread.

i will check it out on sunday.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Not super part of the long post, but it should be mentioned:

yuming posted:

DGK said scum would want to draft Hal. While I’m against flat voting someone for why they’d be drafted this is the first related comment I’ve agreed with. Hal would be a great pick that a lot of players might make. I wouldn’t vote Hal today, this is just someone I’m saying is going to affect my default set-point for Hal. I think he’s a bit more likely than most players to be scum. Duck duck, grey duck.

An important caveat here is that if scum teams pick the same "very good scum" then that scum is both very good and able to double cross one of the scum teams late game. So its a double moot point imo.

--

ok I went to try and build a case on someone and i keep coming back around to "is this worse the SNG?". At this point l don't understand why they keep misconstruing my posts, and when I repeatedly try to get them to zoom in on what I actually said vs what they think I would say because I "didn't like that they shot who they shot" it takes ages to get them back on track. So my best case here is that theyre doing it on purpose. for example!

GenericGirlName posted:

I don’t like this post. And it’s not the survivor part, it’s the “why are you considering the impact of lurkers at lylo? We’re no where near lylo!”

Surely lurkers are a threat that everyone wants handled as early as possible because they get harder and harder to remove later.

sandnavyguy posted:

As I’ve said before, there’s a difference between a lurker, and someone who straight up ghosted.

not what I asked. It took 2 more go arounds to even vaguely get the answer I was asking for and still:

GenericGirlName posted:

Maybe I’m not explaining my question right. Why did you want to shut down discussion of how a lurker(of any kind of alignment) BEFORE it becomes an imminent problem? Follow up, when would you think it’s appropriate to have that discussion as a whole town?

sandnavyguy posted:

After we have at least on flip based on votes. Then, we can look at it in terms of “this person is t getting replaced” and also, I haven’t mentioned this yet but uh, there’s a post limit right? They’d be a free mod kill by that point. why waste bullets?

I’m just confused why this isn’t coming across well.

Still no answer to the "why shut it down" and "so when could it be ok to discuss?" Just say "ah, I dont want to have this discussion more then 2 day away from a possible LYLO!" but no it always comes back to "but there's many kinds of lurkers, in this essay I will...."

for something more recent:

sandnavyguy posted:

So before the scum rush lunches me, I may as well bring up some salient points you’ve all collectively forgotten apparently.

For after I flip town maybe take a look at:

GGN: why don’t you hunt lurkers? Lurkers are bad and you should shoot them!! (Proceeds to lurk with a laughably low post count, and joke posts with the exception of one argument against me for looks)

???????????????????????????????????????????

GenericGirlName posted:

(In the middle of a bigger reread/post but saw this and figured I should respond immediately)

I never said to who to shoot or when to shoot.

The entire point of my questions directed at you after the flip was why did you not value discussion of how we plan to deal with lurkers, regardless of what the outcome of that discussion could/would be

At this point I think youre being purposefully obtuse scum instead of flustered town

Literally no response at any point to my direct question, on a page where they engaged with plenty of bullshit.

Why spend all this time responding to me and then just...... lying about what I said while pretending I'm not reading your posts? Just say you skimmed??

vote SNG

I really wanted to believe you were town but the way youre refusing to take this olive branch at all and instead try to cast me like I at any point told you to shoot (I literally never did, feel free to find a post where I did!), is so suspect.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm going to go bush walking here today:

if i don't post ever again a drop bear got me.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I really don't want to tunnel here but I just loving don't understand

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

are the people voting for anyone but steak and me trying to push away from this dichotomy because....?

is that a crazy thought?

question mark?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Power of Pecota posted:

Do you actually think tpink's more likely to be scum than your Steak vote? Like, what's your preferential ranking 1-4 between tpink/Steak/SNG/hambeet
Oh, God no. I have zero read on tpink because tpink isn't posting. The issue is that our top three candidates are tied at 4 votes with 11 to execute and we have 15 hours to deadline and most of that is sleepytime, I'm starting to worry that we have a no-vote.

As for ranking, let's say... steak over SNG, with not much opinion on hambeet because like gently caress I was reading that entire slapfight, and tpink is, as I've said, a great big Null. So in order of who I'd like to get voted out today it'd be steak at 1, tpink at 2, sng at 3, and beet at 4.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
[off topic] SIV ! ! ! ! ! HELLO!! SAY HI TO ME!!! [/off topic]

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

uhhh that look amazing, have an amazing time even if you are scum

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i hate this game i am sorry epsilon but oh my god large games with no power roles are the hardest thing to care about

i will vote anyone if we can come to a decision. if you all vote me then great maybe i can pick up a win without having to put up with seventy two hour days of voting someone i think is very obviously scum (sandnavyguy) while the rest of town squabbles over a bunch of morans.

##vote sandnavyguy

i think he is scum and i think sandwolf is scum and has been strongly mafiadadding him all game long.

##vote Cena tell me how you feel about Steak vs. hambeet for your second preference or my vote stays here. Right now we've got a virtual 3-way tie at 4 votes between three people, this is exactly the kind of situation where scum might have to cloak what they actually want to do vs. what they want the thread to do

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

hambeet posted:

are the people voting for anyone but steak and me trying to push away from this dichotomy because....?

is that a crazy thought?

question mark?
Dichotomies aren't a great idea in the best of times, and certainly not when there's two opposed scum groups?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

is that a crazy thought?

question mark?

please stop trying to get people to reread a 4am drunk slapfight. Its so loving horrific to read.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Steak and Hal - what do you guys think of b-minus right now? Like, do they make sense to you?

I see why the out-of-nowhere vote on you would ping you, I don't think b- has done anything I wouldn't expect b- to do so far except maybe make quite a few early town calls. The unsubstantiated vote is par for the course though.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
did we just get a "spontaneous" gaggle of idiots asking for a thunderdome based on a 4am slapfight.

loving please say no.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

hambeet posted:

is that a crazy thought?

question mark?

Like I've said, if it comes down to you two I'm voting Steak. I'm not convinced either of you are the best possible vote today tho~

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

GenericGirlName posted:

did we just get a "spontaneous" gaggle of idiots asking for a thunderdome based on a 4am slapfight.

loving please say no.
what does your heart tell you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Cena tell me how you feel about Steak vs. hambeet for your second preference or my vote stays here. Right now we've got a virtual 3-way tie at 4 votes between three people, this is exactly the kind of situation where scum might have to cloak what they actually want to do vs. what they want the thread to do

Yeah Cena hopping on the easy tpink request then immediately backing down and leaving a vote on SNG and saying "see ya shitlords" is quite the run of scummy behavior

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

Im hiking 2

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GenericGirlName posted:

loving please say no.

i don't think that's entirely called for ggn.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Im hiking 2

such trepidation about the grass.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I also want players to look at SNGs scum hunting post vig shot.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hrm. I agree with the last bit but I don’t think being defensive in light of the situation and being attacked repeatedly is necessarily a scum tell. Certainly when I’m against the block as town I can get in a mode where I just respond to everything without considering if it’s scum attacking me (except the last game with taste, but even then I kept answering him)

I still feel like that vig didn’t play out in a scummy way and the fact that SNG made his own decision (unless I’m misremembering and people pushing for him to shoot bif) makes it feel townier
Does SNG read like he’s trying to find scum?

I see some haphazard reads on steak and lurkers but they are really just reprises to the reads SNG posted in his early Lumpenlist.

I am not seeing a natural progression of opinion I am seeing someone playing the same tune they started the day with. The only exception is steak and cmon that is an easy target and SNG is just voting with content other players hashed out in thread.

I don’t think all this looks good for SNG because votes against yourself are one of the things that really get me reevaluating players during a single game day.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

##vote sandnavyguy

Lmao holy poo poo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh i really want steak because "i got 'em", but wasn't there an earlier casing of john cena? i don't think i delved deeply into it at all.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

Not super part of the long post, but it should be mentioned:

An important caveat here is that if scum teams pick the same "very good scum" then that scum is both very good and able to double cross one of the scum teams late game. So its a double moot point imo.

--

ok I went to try and build a case on someone and i keep coming back around to "is this worse the SNG?". At this point l don't understand why they keep misconstruing my posts, and when I repeatedly try to get them to zoom in on what I actually said vs what they think I would say because I "didn't like that they shot who they shot" it takes ages to get them back on track. So my best case here is that theyre doing it on purpose. for example!

not what I asked. It took 2 more go arounds to even vaguely get the answer I was asking for and still:

Still no answer to the "why shut it down" and "so when could it be ok to discuss?" Just say "ah, I dont want to have this discussion more then 2 day away from a possible LYLO!" but no it always comes back to "but there's many kinds of lurkers, in this essay I will...."

for something more recent:

???????????????????????????????????????????

Literally no response at any point to my direct question, on a page where they engaged with plenty of bullshit.

Why spend all this time responding to me and then just...... lying about what I said while pretending I'm not reading your posts? Just say you skimmed??

vote SNG

I really wanted to believe you were town but the way youre refusing to take this olive branch at all and instead try to cast me like I at any point told you to shoot (I literally never did, feel free to find a post where I did!), is so suspect.

I'm going to be honest, I feel like the whole lurker thing is dumb because the OP says "Lurker rules apply - if you don't make ten posts a day after D1, you're on notice. gently caress it up again and you're a free lunch for the rest of the game."

This game's got a built-in mechanic to get free lurker kills, so who gives a poo poo? I think you guys have been picking at each other about a theoretical thing that wouldn't even happen and it reads more like a slapfight because you both rub each other the wrong way than anything based on alignment to me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

I also want players to look at SNGs scum hunting post vig shot.

Does SNG read like he’s trying to find scum?

I see some haphazard reads on steak and lurkers but they are really just reprises to the reads SNG posted in his early Lumpenlist.

I am not seeing a natural progression of opinion I am seeing someone playing the same tune they started the day with. The only exception is steak and cmon that is an easy target and SNG is just voting with content other players hashed out in thread.

I don’t think all this looks good for SNG because votes against yourself are one of the things that really get me reevaluating players during a single game day.

hi yuming.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also GGN you forgot the ##s on that vote so it didn't register

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm going to be honest, I feel like the whole lurker thing is dumb because the OP says "Lurker rules apply - if you don't make ten posts a day after D1, you're on notice. gently caress it up again and you're a free lunch for the rest of the game."

This game's got a built-in mechanic to get free lurker kills, so who gives a poo poo? I think you guys have been picking at each other about a theoretical thing that wouldn't even happen and it reads more like a slapfight because you both rub each other the wrong way than anything based on alignment to me

Fair enough take. I just think in a game w/ 2 night kills possible every night & a vig every day that the issue of "do we let a lurker ride it out for two days or not" is a valid conversation that usually would have been had D1 but somehow got turned into "if you want to discuss it then youre mad about how I will/did use the gun ;___;!!!!!!"

Power of Pecota posted:

Also GGN you forgot the ##s on that vote so it didn't register

fuk (thank you though). I stand by it still but , wow thats embarassing lol

##vote SNG

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

hambeet posted:

hi yuming.
Hi hambeet!

I was gone because I was hiking with my husband, I hope you have fun spending time outside :sun:

idk if my case is all meta I use meta to explain differences I see in tone and motivation which is what I’m getting from the steak case.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

Fair enough take. I just think in a game w/ 2 night kills possible every night & a vig every day that the issue of "do we let a lurker ride it out for two days or not" is a valid conversation that usually would have been had D1 but somehow got turned into "if you want to discuss it then youre mad about how I will/did use the gun ;___;!!!!!!"

fuk (thank you though). I stand by it still but , wow thats embarassing lol

##vote SNG

All good! Like, my whole game in mafia is about being earnest and you read as totally earnest on this stuff even though I read SNG differently.

That being said, how do you feel about Cena taking his ball and going home?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GenericGirlName posted:

please stop trying to get people to reread a 4am drunk slapfight. Its so loving horrific to read.

Really? You get mad at me for apparently shutting down a conversation topic that wasn’t actually a concern and decry me as hiding something, but it’s ok to ignore a giant freaking red flag conversation between vote leaders 2 and 3?!

Cmon, try harder.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Really? You get mad at me for apparently shutting down a conversation topic that wasn’t actually a concern and decry me as hiding something, but it’s ok to ignore a giant freaking red flag conversation between vote leaders 2 and 3?!

Cmon, try harder.
Do you think GGN is scum or are you just pissed at the world right now

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

SNG - how do you feel about b-minus? You said "potential taste/b-minus scumteam" earlier but I feel like that was you stretching to say stuff. Am I wrong?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CapnAndy posted:

Do you think GGN is scum or are you just pissed at the world right now

I very much think they are scum. The only read they’ve done all D1 is to jump onto the bandwagon of people saying I was not using my vig correctly, that voting out a lurker was the only sane play and to completely disregard my attempts at transparency.

Their vote is opportunistic and they are riding the wave. I absolutely think they are trying to scum railroad me.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Power of Pecota posted:

All good! Like, my whole game in mafia is about being earnest and you read as totally earnest on this stuff even though I read SNG differently.

That being said, how do you feel about Cena taking his ball and going home?

Cena is a jerk but I have been lead to believe that the alignment of his jerk-itude isn’t easy to figure out day 1. I find him scummy but I’m also trying to be less of the “I hate that everyone let’s everyone with these lovely metas get away with everything!!!” So it becomes null(but D2 scummy immediately if it continues).

sandnavyguy posted:

Cmon, try harder.

Lol try harder so you can ignore my posts ok

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GGN do you have a read on anyone besides SNG? I reread you earlier and all you seem to talk about is the person that’s been vote leader for most of the day.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

SNG - how do you feel about b-minus? You said "potential taste/b-minus scumteam" earlier but I feel like that was you stretching to say stuff. Am I wrong?

B- is also scummy. I mean, they aren’t voting me, but they are very much lurker posting and voting for an obvious non lunch candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

sandnavyguy posted:

I very much think they are scum. The only read they’ve done all D1 is to jump onto the bandwagon of people saying I was not using my vig correctly, that voting out a lurker was the only sane play and to completely disregard my attempts at transparency.

Their vote is opportunistic and they are riding the wave. I absolutely think they are trying to scum railroad me.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HOW YOU USED YOUR VIG.

PLEASE QUOTE WHERE I DID.

You are so insufferable, I’m not moving my vote.