Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bust Rodd posted:

Brace is so obviously a force for good in the world I hope he is safe and warm and happy wherever he is. Same with Liz, I love TrueAnon

I hope he has as many blankets as he did when he was in a communist bunker :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Everyone I don't like? CIA. Everyone I do like? CIA. The people I feel ambivalent towards? Oh you better believe they're CIA.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I like how that report casually asserted brace is a criminal. he should sue!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Drug users are criminals, don't you know?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sexpig by night posted:

if anyone's a secret spook it's 100% Gwen, isn't she the one who pushed some insane 'hello fellow leftists, shall we all put our full legal names and contact info in one big database, for organization of course' thing?

her patreon is "lets create a wiki to track nazis instead of leftists" where she decides who's a nazi

so, KeyWiki, basically

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's gonna be like that time some guy compiled a big list of fash traitors in the DSA that was just links to people mocking him online.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

papa horny michael posted:

I like how that report casually asserted brace is a criminal. he should sue!

actually a “minor” criminal, which is even more insulting imo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I want Felix to keep up the gaslighting Matt bit.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Great another episode with Amber characterizing the protesters as weak, and powerless. quit punching down, y'all!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Joementum posted:

her patreon is "lets create a wiki to track nazis instead of leftists" where she decides who's a nazi

so, KeyWiki, basically

iirc, this is basically the first grift Candace Owens tried to pull: it was an "anti-bullying" website where leftists could DOXX people who bullied them online. People pointed out how stupid and backwards that was, essentially creating a pro-bullying website, and she responded by calling them trolls and trying to doxx them, so they (obviously) doxxed her, and she went silent for 6 months before emerging as the most repulsive shitstain on the alt-right and immediately going nuclear grift.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That was an enjoyable episode.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
LENIN_LOVER69 lmao

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Its gotta be exhausting to be living the ending of john wick 2 like gwen

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
tick tock ms. snyder!

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Great another episode with Amber characterizing the protesters as weak, and powerless. quit punching down, y'all!

Youre misrepresenting what her point was though, also she was right.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Great episode, Patrick Wyman is great and I'm honestly surprised he knew the Chapo crew that well, his piece about imperial warfare coming home was great

I think amber is being just a bit too pessimistic about the portland protesters but I get the broad sentiment of never overestimating our strength.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Eustace posted:

Youre misrepresenting what her point was though, also she was right.

Can't believe this thread of all places would take the worst faith interpretation of something Amber of all people says

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't believe forums poster 'papa horny michael' is being entirely sincere in their impression of a twitter radlib

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

AnEdgelord posted:

I think amber is being just a bit too pessimistic about the portland protesters but I get the broad sentiment of never overestimating our strength.

also that the stormtroopers are the cowardly kind of psycho, just like the waves of police before them

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Great episode, Patrick Wyman is great and I'm honestly surprised he knew the Chapo crew that well, his piece about imperial warfare coming home was great

I think Patrick and Felix know each other from their old MMA days. They also both used to do pieces on Deadspin among other things

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jippa posted:

That was an enjoyable episode.

I'm only partway through, but it's fun hearing Felix talking straightforward economics without making jokes. :allears:

If they had power, they could exercise that power, instead of having to resort to protest. They should have some power, but they don't.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 4, 2020

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Felix, the one guy to major in economics and not pursue grad school who is actually doing something with his degree

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Hegemon" is my favorite pokeman.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Felix actually running an episode Will-style kind of owns, I just hope he doesn't meet the same fate as his now disgraced predecessor

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I hate how much I think about Gwen tweets, she is making me go prodomal with her posts

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

multijoe posted:

Felix actually running an episode Will-style kind of owns, I just hope he doesn't meet the same fate as his now disgraced predecessor

Will is being executed, Felix will die from a Mr. Bean-style blunder.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

She is saying Matt is causing incels to go out and murder women now my brain is getting destroyed somebody please sub to her patreon so she shuts up and I don't lose my mind

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

She is saying Matt is causing incels to go out and murder women now my brain is getting destroyed somebody please sub to her patreon so she shuts up and I don't lose my mind

does anyone have $500 i can use

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hustle Hound posted:

does anyone have $500 i can use

You can try to convince her old funders to resub here

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pharmaskittle posted:

You can try to convince her old funders to resub here

Her being a CIA asset for the price of less than $500/month is the dumbest thing and therefore probably true

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Even if she's not literally CIA those patreon numbers are really sus and probably come from someone who would cut against her brand as the best, most sincere leftist

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Her being a CIA asset for the price of less than $500/month is the dumbest thing and therefore probably true

The most cost effective thing is to pay her juuuuust enough that she doesn't feel like she has to to get a real full time job and can devote all her time to tweeting

the unfun, most likely answer is the big funders are her parents or some rich friends she'd rather people not know about

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

multijoe posted:

Even if she's not literally CIA those patreon numbers are really sus and probably come from someone who would cut against her brand as the best, most sincere leftist

This but chapo’s initial meteoric rise

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Pharmaskittle posted:

the unfun, most likely answer is the big funders are her parents or some rich friends she'd rather people not know about

i can imagine there’s some bank to be made telling people that consultants are the True Revolutionaries or whatever the gently caress

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hustle Hound posted:

i can imagine there’s some bank to be made telling people that consultants are the True Revolutionaries or whatever the gently caress

hey there deray mckesson

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I'm too old to see the US military's current sales pitch, but from the last episode it sounds like they're resorting to what used to be the Soldier of Fortune magazine aesthetic. No idealism, just the joy of sadistic violence.

The US empire is the new Rhodesia.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

It's a bit tired to try to analogize US decline with Roman decline. The core/periphery argument doesn't make any sense once you think about it for more than a second.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nothus posted:

I'm too old to see the US military's current sales pitch, but from the last episode it sounds like they're resorting to what used to be the Soldier of Fortune magazine aesthetic. No idealism, just the joy of sadistic violence.

The US empire is the new Rhodesia.

Apparently this is their current commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOi_abLAPJE

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

prefect posted:

"Hegemon" is my favorite pokeman.

The KHive Queen and the Hegemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like I learned more from this episode than I learned in at least 3 years of public education history classes.