Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't been :f5: as I wasn't planning on buying it now anyway but one of the major local computer shops has no stock, the other lists the MSI Gaming and a few other cards for $1100 :fuckoff:

E: they don't actually have any in stock either

Shogunner posted:

How is Jeff Bezos my only hope???

Even B&H is still down lmao
Because the more you buy, the more you save. For his megayacht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://videocardz.com/press-release/nvidia-sli-support-transitioning-to-native-game-integrations

Nvidia discontinuing development of new SLi profiles from January 2021

The 3090 and future GPUs don't support SLi at all, so only games with explicit mGPU will work

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dangerllama posted:

This thread has been amazing.

Relax. You'll get a card eventually.

Pffft you might as well say "you'll be happy eventually. You'll be loved eventually. The pain will end eventually."

Card is life.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

This thread moved too fast. Where can I see the MSRP for various AIBs?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

UK site went buy now for 10 seconds, back to out of stock. Only popped up a blank window.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

My friend who is obsessed with mining cryptocurrency and keeps up with all the shady people involved in that says the card is powerful enough that miners took interest so it's likely they jumped on it too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I like how you can't even search "RTX 3080" and get a result in Amazon.com. Like not even a list of out of stock parts, it just brings up RTX 2070 listings and poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kraftwerk posted:

My friend who is obsessed with mining cryptocurrency and keeps up with all the shady people involved in that says the card is powerful enough that miners took interest so it's likely they jumped on it too.

Can’t wait to get a dirt cheap “seized by the feds” 3080 two years from now.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Adorama is doing back orders now

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I may have gotten a card from a Finnish store. Or rather, I definitely got a card, but will my order be fulfilled from this stock, or will I get it sometime in 2021?

It'd be nice to know so I could start selling my current card or forget the whole thing.

What a shitshow.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

ijyt posted:

UK site went buy now for 10 seconds, back to out of stock. Only popped up a blank window.
I had that twice at about quarter past. Assuming it's a glitch rather than a missed opportunity to buy.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

ijyt posted:

If it's so trivial why does like no-one in this thread have a card, nerd.

It's trivial in the sense that if somebody is trying to buy multiple cards and resell them then it's worth the 6-8 hours to script it. If it's just me buying one card for myself I'm not gonna bother.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Rubellavator posted:

A friend of mine got one through Best Buy, definitely real. 99% botted.

Was it the MSI card?

Limited people report getting that one but for the most part this all seemed to have been delayed. I'm sticking with it. A bunch of these cards never launched. Doesn't mean they will I guess, but that's where I am on it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
ocuk won't even loving load, lmao

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Vitamins posted:

poo poo maybe the price went up when my order was processing. Going to ring them later tonight and check. Would check the website but it's still proper making GBS threads the bed for me.

They have increased the price to £719.99...

OlMaster
May 12, 2008
Managed to get a MSI Ventus 3080 from scan UK (at least they took my money and sent a receipt, still not showing up in my account). I'm just really hoping my Bronze 80+ 650w PSU can handle it...would feel reassured if some reviews for this model came out to confirm power draw.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

sean10mm posted:

I like how you can't even search "RTX 3080" and get a result in Amazon.com. Like not even a list of out of stock parts, it just brings up RTX 2070 listings and poo poo.

Sort the results by newly listed. They're slowly starting to populate here on Amazon.de... right now it's a single ZOTAC and a single PNY card.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I missed all the benchmarks, are any of the cards massively better than the others? I can fit as long of a card as I want in my case.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

fletcher posted:

It's trivial in the sense that if somebody is trying to buy multiple cards and resell them then it's worth the 6-8 hours to script it. If it's just me buying one card for myself I'm not gonna bother.

Lots of excuses for someone without a card.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Norwegian Nvidia site replaced the "Get notified" with Buy button that just links to AIB sellers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Well, I'm going back to work. I've been on my 970 for 5 years, what's two more months?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

They have increased the price to £719.99...

Motherfuckers lmao. Oh well I'll bitch to them after I get the card, tomorrow.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dial M for MURDER posted:

They're a physical store out of NYC. I don't see them getting a lot of stock in. Backorder might arrive in 2021 lol.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Warmachine posted:

Well, I'm going back to work. I've been on my 970 for 5 years, what's two more months?

lol judging by today's stock we're not gonna get these things till 2021. all these cards got botted and for sure those bots are gonna keep trying at every available opportunity, nvidia needs to implement a better system before we're gonna get a chance

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

People are saying to avoid ZOTAC stuff, right? Or did I make that up.

Because I can totally put this thing in a cart and checkout right now and get a card... whenever in the next couple months I guess. And stop worrying about it for today.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Romes128 posted:

They're a physical store out of NYC. I don't see them getting a lot of stock in. Backorder might arrive in 2021 lol.

yeah by the time your adorama back order comes in, stock will be normalized lmao

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Thanks for this. Just placed an order.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Rolo posted:

The eBay prices are already going insane.

Y'know what, if mine comes through tomorrow I might just scalp it, if people are actually dumb enough to be paying £2000+ prices. gently caress ethics.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eh I give up on the online stores, I'll keep the tabs open on Amazon since I think no one has bought from Amazon yet. I have a friend who is going to all the local electronic chains here, he is going with someone else so he can buy 1 for me.

If can't get it today probably just be fine with waiting list. Just wish I actually loving got a chance to press the buy button.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
lol just got the "GEFORCE RTX 3080 NOW AVAILABLE!" email from Nvidia, that's not gonna help things

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just realized I left my wallet on the kitchen counter instead of at my desk today, so in the event my internet hadn't poo poo out, and I had through some insane miracle gotten a card in my cart, I would have still absolutely lost my poo poo when it came time to pay.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
There’s a founders edition PRE ORDER on eBay at 10,000 dollars with 29 bids.

It has 5 hours left.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
OCUK entire stock sold out already, they all have ETAs varying over the next few weeks and months. Christ.
I guess I don't really need it until Cyberpunk comes out, but still.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Lmao the nvidia subreddit is locked

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
imagine all the people who are just trying to buy a mouse or something rn and are like wtf is going on

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

gently caress off Nvidia

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Gigabyte card on eBay is up to 26,100 with 41 bids.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Rolo posted:

There’s a founders edition PRE ORDER on eBay at 10,000 dollars with 29 bids.

It has 5 hours left.

Rolo posted:

Definitely salty people racking up the auction without ever intending to pay. In what world would anyone ever pay those prices?

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Rolo posted:

fake bid away, gently caress off resellers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bloodplay it again posted:

Definitely salty people racking up the auction without ever intending to pay. In what world would anyone ever pay those prices?

Late stage capitalism America?

Edit: I’m not too familiar with eBay, if this is people putting in WHATEVER to win then cancelling that’s just neato.