Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are these games on the PSN store for you all now? Still nothing for the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Are these games on the PSN store for you all now? Still nothing for the UK.

Not in Ireland

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah ok I was wondering how people knew the prices in their currency already

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Videogames were like a $110aud for a bit here. I think for like gta4 and Red Dead. Maybe some others, I can’t remember because I never bought them at that price. Weird to see it’s sprung back up. And like, in all shops too not just eb games.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m keeping all my tips from work from now until Launch in an envelope and I will use it all to buy games with. So far I have enough saved for Demon Souls and Miles Morales. Wish I had a 3rd launch title that was a different sort of game, but AstroBoy gave me serious Knack vibes so I’m gonna skip it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Videogames were like a $110aud for a bit here. I think for like gta4 and Red Dead. Maybe some others, I can’t remember because I never bought them at that price. Weird to see it’s sprung back up. And like, in all shops too not just eb games.

I've got everything I want on ps5 preordered for $79 aud on Amazon and series x is even cheaper at $69.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m keeping all my tips from work from now until Launch in an envelope and I will use it all to buy games with. So far I have enough saved for Demon Souls and Miles Morales. Wish I had a 3rd launch title that was a different sort of game, but AstroBoy gave me serious Knack vibes so I’m gonna skip it.

Good news! The Astrobot game is built-in to the console for free!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I've got everything I want on ps5 preordered for $79 aud on Amazon and series x is even cheaper at $69.

I forget that the au version of Amazon isn’t all just Chinese knockoff kitchen poo poo and books

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I forget that the au version of Amazon isn’t all just Chinese knockoff kitchen poo poo and books

They're building warehouses here now so I'm sure it'll be the last nail on the coffin for traditional retail soon like it was in North America.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The VR Astro Bot game is fantastic and if its audience weren't so limited it would be considered one of the best games of the generation and one of the best platformers of all time

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

haveblue posted:

The VR Astro Bot game is fantastic and if its audience weren't so limited it would be considered one of the best games of the generation and one of the best platformers of all time

I can't believe how fun and good that game is.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
As much as I like Demon's Souls, 79 is a big no for a game I can play right now on my PS3.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Even though jedi fallen order just went 50% off in the latest psn sale for £30, I only paid £22 for my copy from cex

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Here's Spider-Man Remastered gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acuscewbkxI

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1311345669949534209

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

It looks great from what they're showing. I'm not super into the new Peter design, but now I'm thinking I might buy the Ultimate edition and play the Remaster before Miles Morales. I never played all of the DLC in the PS4 version.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't love old Peter's face, but new Peter is weird in a completely different way. Babyface goin on there

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I'm curious to see the breakdown in resolution for the performance mode vs resolution mode. I'm guessing performance mode is 1440p?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bonus stuff for Miles Morales if you buy at launch in North America.

quote:

In the US and Canada only, we have additional “launch” physical editions of the game for both Standard Launch Edition and Ultimate Launch Edition (Launch Edition includes a voucher*)! These copies are available in limited quantities only so don’t delay. The launch edition includes a voucher for early unlocks of two suits, including the T.R.A.C.K. Suit by Marvel Artist Javiar Garrón, and a suit we’ll reveal closer to launch. You’ll also receive an early unlock of the Gravity Well Gadget, and three Skill Points to get a jump start on your progression.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

what the gently caress lmao

remasters are trash forever and always. goddamn ill keep my ps4 discs thanks. this is some george lucas poo poo to get something closer to tom holland.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is some george lucas poo poo to get something closer to tom holland.

yeah it's so blatant

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
time for next gen remasters plus unnecessary changes!

https://twitter.com/Metallic_falcon/status/1311346081767264256

good job your old discs still work on the new console this time...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

good job your old discs still work on the new console

That's what you think
:grin:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's what you think
:grin:

:negative: disc drive is removed after a week on sale, instead of ps2 glory days we get ps3. :negative:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

what the gently caress lmao

remasters are trash forever and always. goddamn ill keep my ps4 discs thanks. this is some george lucas poo poo to get something closer to tom holland.

So you sticking to Demons Souls on PS3?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
boy look like a knockoff gi joe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wow I was planning on getting the ultimate edition for the remaster but those screenshots straight up NO SALE’d me! I really liked that Peter, the new Tom Holland thing is super weird, feels kind of... like
I’m insulted on behalf of the character designers at Insomniac TBQH. This absolutely reeks of corpo-meddling.

Gross! Just Miles Morales for me!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rad Valtar posted:

So you sticking to Demons Souls on PS3?

yeah, i'm changing the dns on my ps3 for the private server as we speak. keep your devils magic at 60fps!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah, i'm changing the dns on my ps3 for the private server as we speak. keep your devils magic at 60fps!

Gross.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

I gave my brother my PS3 (with DeS) for lockdown and he still hasn't given it back or else I'd 1v1 you at a rock solid 25fps :getin:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I gave my brother my PS3 (with DeS) for lockdown and he still hasn't given it back or else I'd 1v1 you at a rock solid 25fps :getin:

umbasa

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
To be honest I always thought the old Peter looked weird and not great. It could be any number of things, contract issues, the new tech might have hosed up the old capture. It’s such a minor thing to get worked up over.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean there isn’t much of a reason not to keep your PS3 version.

Things could change but do to the clips shown and the walkthrough being an exact replica of the first area I think this is going to be a really faithful remake.

Whether that’s a good thing is up to you

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this looks so weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah Peter looks like a dweeb now it's great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Yeah Peter looks like a dweeb now it's great.

"now"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I truly hate the new face lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I actually think it's way better tbh

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Let us scan our own faces onto Peter, Mark Cerny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baggot posted:

Let us scan our own ear canals onto Peter, Mark Cerny.