Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Unless I am wrong and have been way over paying J Crew makes or sells a line of Chucks that have held up for me for years.

And super cruiser I bought a pair of plaid nikes made like chucks over a decade ago that they said were used in a tv show. If I I dug them out could you maybe say hey worth something g or just wear em to work dumbass.

I wear size 12 so I have it easy show wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ya'll mother fuckers start signing up for sheep game or mr chips will be sad. :smith:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got pinged by the NHS track and trace app at 11pm last night, gotta self isolate for 11 days. The rest of the household don't have to do any different but this is going to 100% stress the wife and I out. gently caress.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

I got pinged by the NHS track and trace app at 11pm last night, gotta self isolate for 11 days. The rest of the household don't have to do any different but this is going to 100% stress the wife and I out. gently caress.

Find something productive to do at home to take you mind off it! :)

Does it tell you where it happened? so was it a bluetooth contract tracing hit or somewhere you checked into?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Unfortunately my work laptop was just delivered so I'm expected to be £ productive not :science: productive.

It's Bluetooth contact tracing, I've been nowhere and have no social life.

Still going to get a bunch of DIY stuff delivered so I can progress the wife's cabin though, take advantage of the lack of commuting time.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MrChips posted:

This is your friendly Sheep Game is underway and that each and every one of you is welcome to join in the fun!

Come play today!

Everyone go play. It is both good and cool.

Shoe chat: I am no sneakerhead. I typically wear Vans, but my basketball team has a star and he got his own shoe. So to show my homerism I bought a pair. They have been very good, but the colorway I really wanted sold out in 15 minutes. I scored a pair a couple months ago on StockX and Santa is bringing them to me for Christmas.

I am very hyped.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Shoe chat: I am no sneakerhead. I typically wear Vans, but my basketball team has a star and he got his own shoe. So to show my homerism I bought a pair. They have been very good, but the colorway I really wanted sold out in 15 minutes. I scored a pair a couple months ago on StockX and Santa is bringing them to me for Christmas.

I am very hyped.

I am a fan of pink on sneaks. I picked these up forever ago, they're like Power Ranger shoes.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
shoes for children

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

shoes for children

Yes hello have you not met AI?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I seem to have the opposite problem of most of the posters here I have small feet for an adult male 5 1/2-6 depending on brand. Luckily Vans always has something in my size I can get and I don't have to be stuck with literal children's shoes.

I've been able to find dress shoes at Marshall's/Ross/TJ Maxx. Work boots I order from Zappos as finding anything quality locally is not usually an option.

I used to wear Dansko/Sanita clogs for work(I'm a chef) but after my 4th pair failed by the sole splitting in half I switched to some slip on Ariat work boots.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At least in a pinch you can just grab some kids shoes and keep on trucking.

I can't just walk into a store and buy pretty much anything clothing related. The one or two clothing stores in each city i can actually shop in has severely limited options, and even then, "big and tall" stores almost exclusively cover the big and barely cover the tall. what IS available is 2-3 times the price of regular stuff. My Jeans cost $120 a pair. My shoes $150 a pair.

makes me wanna kick over a building or something

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Settle down Gojira.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've been wearing Cole Haan ZeroGrand for several years now. They're expensive but not astronomically so, and I usually get 12-18 months of wear out of them. I spend a lot of time on my feet non-COVID, and in general wear through shoes from Macy's or Kohl's in 3-6 months. Zappos is the way to go to find a brand you like, since they have a generous return policy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BraveUlysses posted:

shoes for children

I too hate to enjoy anything ever.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Powershift posted:

I can't just walk into a store and buy pretty much anything clothing related. The one or two clothing stores in each city i can actually shop in has severely limited options, and even then, "big and tall" stores almost exclusively cover the big and barely cover the tall. what IS available is 2-3 times the price of regular stuff. My Jeans cost $120 a pair. My shoes $150 a pair.

Right? XL is midriff shaped, but otherwise fits. 2XL is a baggy midriff. 3XL is a really baggy midriff. 4XL is... Yeah you guessed it a super baggy midriff. Etc etc. MAKE poo poo TALLER UNLESS YOU WANNA STARE AT MY BELLY BUTTON YOU VERTICALLY CHALLENGED FUCKS

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
idle hands.

I decided to paint some more bullshit on my car:

then when i was done with that, i decided to fry my ignition system and fuel pump :) fml

looks like the old roadster is done for a bit.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Maybe now get the seats redone so it's not a mouth?

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
hahaha - I'm hoping that when I do door panels that it might look a bit mouth like.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Weren't the seat panels built wrong to begin with and the guy was going to redo them after some event?

Just needs a red shag carpet for a tongue right now.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Powershift posted:

Have you tried not being a literal jötunn? I feel it might help.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Have you tried to get a tailor or something before? I have a guy who does good work, and he'd probably appreciate an excuse to buy a stepladder.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

StormDrain posted:

Weren't the seat panels built wrong to begin with and the guy was going to redo them after some event?

Just needs a red shag carpet for a tongue right now.

yes, I actually made a really quick render of what I wanted it to look like:

and this is what I got:

I mean... not horrible....so the price went from 300 to 180 in quite a hurry. I'm considering taking my car back to them for door panels, but I might make a rendering of what I want just the opposite.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Thumposaurus posted:

I seem to have the opposite problem of most of the posters here I have small feet for an adult male 5 1/2-6 depending on brand. Luckily Vans always has something in my size I can get and I don't have to be stuck with literal children's shoes.

I've been able to find dress shoes at Marshall's/Ross/TJ Maxx. Work boots I order from Zappos as finding anything quality locally is not usually an option.

I used to wear Dansko/Sanita clogs for work(I'm a chef) but after my 4th pair failed by the sole splitting in half I switched to some slip on Ariat work boots.

Ariat or Justin pull on composite toes are my jam, but I would never wear them in the kitchen. Saw one dude spill hot liquid down his front and fill his shoe and that was enough. My go-to were Shoes for Crews Froggz. Not sure if they make them anymore, but a chunkier version of a closed toe Crocc with good anti slip that you can run through the dishwasher when they get funky was a blessing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LobsterboyX posted:

yes, I actually made a really quick render of what I wanted it to look like:

and this is what I got:

I mean... not horrible....so the price went from 300 to 180 in quite a hurry. I'm considering taking my car back to them for door panels, but I might make a rendering of what I want just the opposite.

Is the guy that made it dyslexic? :v:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

So I posted about this kitty before, seems to be another stray.

She was coming around begging for food, when fed she'd gobble down a whole bowl shivering like it was her last meal.

She's a pretty healthy weight though and has a good coat.

Comes by only once every few days.

No collar obviously.

If you try to touch her she normally hisses and bats at you, I've been petting her while she's been eating.

I was out tonight, having a smoke and a drink, she ran right up meowing for food, ate three big handfuls and seemed hungry for more.

I hung out, pet her a little, as she'd allow me to.

Then this happened.

She's full on sitting on my shoulder purring and nuzzling my face.

I think I'm just feeding someone's cat, lol.

I guess I'll post fliers around the neighborhood?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Augered in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chuck-yeager-u-s-air-force-officer-who-broke-speed-n1250322

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Elviscat posted:

She's full on sitting on my shoulder purring and nuzzling my face.

I think I'm just feeding someone's cat, lol.

I guess I'll post fliers around the neighborhood?

I am jealous of your new catte friend!

The small cat shelters around here suggest putting a paper collar on the cat with a note on and seeing if it takes it home.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Godspeed Chuck :patriot:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

That guy lived a lot goddamn longer that he had any right to. To live through WWII aerial combat and being a test pilot, let alone the one testing the X-1! I wonder how many of his cohort made it past 50 let alone to almost 100!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Mooecow, it's been nearly a month and my balls are as blue as your truck. What's the new car?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

2020, the year that keeps on kicking us in the nuts.

Discovered my phone wasn't working last night. Still not working. The reseller I use originally said 2 hours, now they're saying noon. It's almost noon where they're at, phone still says SIM not provisioned. Anyone calling gets a "number not in service" message, and when I try to use the My T-Mobile app, it says my account has been closed. Grabbed an AT&T prepaid SIM from Target awhile ago, it'll tide me over until Teltik can either unfuck my account (I'll be porting out to AT&T ASAP anyway, then porting back to T-Mobile next month), or until I give up hope and just start a new T-Mobile prepaid account. This is just a bit of an inconvenience, except I found out I couldn't even call 911 when there was a fire next door last night (my phone is rapidly alternating between "no service" and "emergency calls only" - it drops the call immediately if I try 911 - removing the SIM gets it to show emergency calls only and stay there). Gonna be pissed if I lose my phone #.

Dropped my new glasses in the parking lot, didn't realize it until I heard a crunch when backing out.

Found out that a close friend and his entire family have COVID - on top of that, his mother passed away this morning. I've known his family since I was 13.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Jesus, dude. I'm sorry. That's one hell of a bad day.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
STR that's just awful. What a poo poo sandwich :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's a loving combo of a day there.

Neighbor with cancer rang to update me, both his 80-ish parents have covid likely caught from hospital after near simultaneous falls, both he and his wife probably have it now because they had to go deal with that twice over a week. He's angry as gently caress at the world.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
gently caress's sake, guys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving rough. I had bad stuff adjacent to me but I'm not dwelling on it. One of my coworkers had a baby and another got engaged last night, good vibes from Rhynoland.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
I just sat on myself for the second time this week and holy poo poo is it AGONY. goddamn why didnt my health class tell me this was going to happen when i got older

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

big dong wanter posted:

I just sat on myself for the second time this week and holy poo poo is it AGONY. goddamn why didnt my health class tell me this was going to happen when i got older

...that's a thing? :ohdear:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

bolind posted:

...that's a thing? :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1173637544224931841?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's what happens when you fools wear boxers, keep that poo poo high and tight