Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Its Rinaldo posted:

Give us Revan you cowards!

Give us Fenn Rau!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My short list of things not officially announced that I'd be stoked for:

Aphra Show

Childish Landino Show.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Can we just collectively agree to stop talking about sequel trilogy? and just accept that Solo and Rogue One were better than any of the se-

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spookydonut posted:

? and just accept that Solo and Rogue One were better than any of the se-
Hell fuckin no.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Spookydonut posted:

Can we just collectively agree to stop talking about sequel trilogy? and just accept that Solo and Rogue One were better than any of the se-

I am following through with my promise

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Give us Revan you cowards!

Revan is canon.

Spookydonut posted:

I've never brought up the ST in this thread I don't think. I've only responded to posts about the ST that I felt were worth discussing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlbear Camus posted:

My short list of things not officially announced that I'd be stoked for:

Aphra Show

Childish Landino Show.

Force Ghost Coast to Coast

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'He's just looking for great preschool for his kid' made me picture Baby Yoda showing up at the Muppet Babies daycare.

Kermit had better watch his back.

least they'll know what to do next time they open that closet and it's full of swarming TIEs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I am legit mad Disney hosed over two of my favorite directors with Solo and Rogue One which is why I’ll forever be iffy about them.

More so with Solo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrotherJayne posted:

Give us Fenn Rau!

Give us Canderous Ordo!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Give us Canderous Ordo!

Baby Yoda chewable morphine!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

skasion posted:

The worst excess in ROTS is hands down, Yoda knowing Chewbacca. for no reason and relevant to nothing. Literally just Lucas thought it would be cool.
Allegedly Peter Mayhew was the only one of the original main cast to take a flat fee for the first movie rather than buy into George's "points on the merch" wild idea that made Fox lol at him, and then for the next two films he got strongarmed into the same deal because "you're a guy in a suit, we can replace you". Story goes that Chewie coming back in RotS was to fix that with a new contract and a fuckton of new merch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Arquinsiel posted:

Allegedly Peter Mayhew was the only one of the original main cast to take a flat fee for the first movie rather than buy into George's "points on the merch" wild idea that made Fox lol at him, and then for the next two films he got strongarmed into the same deal because "you're a guy in a suit, we can replace you". Story goes that Chewie coming back in RotS was to fix that with a new contract and a fuckton of new merch.

If that's true, good on George for making sure Peter got paid.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I remember getting to the end of TLJ and thinking 'well the only way this trilogy can be coherent now is if there's a 10-15 year time jump to the next film and it's about Rey and band of teengage Luke Skywalkers she's gathered and trained up while on the run from the First Order'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alchenar posted:

I remember getting to the end of TLJ and thinking 'well the only way this trilogy can be coherent now is if there's a 10-15 year time jump to the next film and it's about Rey and band of teengage Luke Skywalkers she's gathered and trained up while on the run from the First Order'.

Well, you weren't wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I demand Arnold schwarzenegger as a wizened old Jedi master

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Arnold but he's painted up like yoda

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

CelticPredator posted:

I am legit mad Disney hosed over two of my favorite directors with Solo and Rogue One which is why I’ll forever be iffy about them.

More so with Solo.

By my count they hosed over 4 directors there.

Give us HK-47!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Owlbear Camus posted:

The NFL on Fox Kidnapper Robots are going to bring Mando back to square 1 vis a vis his journey overcoming droid racism.

HIS NAME IS CLEATUS

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hold on to your butts, they're about to greenlight everything...

https://ew.com/tv/disney-star-wars-universe/

quote:

A third season of The Mandalorian is a given, but not yet announced.

There is sure to be an update on the Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series, which has Ewan McGregor reprising his iconic Jedi Knight role. The project will reportedly air as a six-episode limited series rather than as an ongoing story. The project is set eight years after Revenge of the Sith (and before the events in A New Hope). Filming has been expected to begin in the next few months, so potential casting news, a title, or other details seems likely.

The Cassian Andor series is also overdue for an update. The prequel project has Diego Luna reprising his Rogue One role as a Rebel spy. Alan Tudyk has also been confirmed as reprising his role as the droid K-2SO. Luna recently suggested the project has begun quietly filming in London.

There's also a female-centric series in the works from Russian Doll co-creator Leslye Headland that reportedly is set in a rather different timeline than we've seen before in other Star Wars projects.

Recently there have also been rumors of a Boba Fett series now that Jango Fett actor Temuera Morrison has returned to the Star Wars universe on The Mandalorian.

There's also another animated series in the works, The Bad Batch, which is set after the events in The Clone Wars.

Yet the most exciting announcement will probably not be an update on these existing reports, but rather something entirely new. One area of particular interest is what's next for the franchise in terms of theatrical films in the wake of 2019's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Or perhaps Disney will completely shift its Star Wars interests to the small screen to bolster Disney+, which has racked up a most impressive 74 million subscribers since launching just over a year ago.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Gives us Aphra you cowards

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Give us the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy and don’t make it make any more sense. In fact give me more backstabbing!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Hold on to your butts, they're about to greenlight everything...

https://ew.com/tv/disney-star-wars-universe/

I'm good with all of the mentioned series and am indifferent with any unnanounced ones unless there is news on the Taika Waititi front.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mando and Boba series'? gently caress off

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

George H.W. oval office posted:

Mando and Boba series'? gently caress off

No it can be good.

Mandalorian is "Lone Wolf and Cub".

Boba will be "Hanzo the Razor"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Epi Lepi posted:

Give us the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy and don’t make it make any more sense. In fact give me more backstabbing!

How much more can they fit in?

Also, give me Rogue and/or Wraith Squadrons! :argh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One of the nice things about the Star Wars universe is that it is basically static across time. Like, there's no real difference in technology or galactic dynamics between the Old Republic stuff, which happens 10,000 years before the normal stuff. You could reasonably set a series or movie in any time before or after the mainline timeline and tell whatever stories you want with whatever characters you want using the rules of the SW universe people are familiar with and aesthetics that people love.

Branch out! Set something a million years ABY and you can ignore skywalker stuff entirely.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

zoux posted:

Branch out! Set something a million years ABY and you can ignore skywalker stuff entirely.

*meddling studio dickhead voice*

can you make it so the protagonist adopts the name "skywalker" at the end and the audience knows they're the first of the line? it can be like an origin story, the mitochondiral eve of space wizards.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

*meddling studio dickhead voice*

can you make it so the protagonist adopts the name "skywalker" at the end and the audience knows they're the first of the line? it can be like an origin story, the mitochondiral eve of space wizards.

Midichlorial Eve

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Top Gun: Star Wars is the series I crave

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lobster God posted:

Midichlorial Eve

:hmmyes:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

Top Gun: Star Wars is the series I crave

This, but Rat Patrol: Star Wars

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Madurai posted:

Womprat Patrol is right there too.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Madurai posted:

Black Sheep Squadron: Star Wars, surely.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

fartknocker posted:

I loving love that chart so much.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Combine them and give us our gritty Outer Rim range war series

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Black Bantha Squadron

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just started watching this show last week and caught up with both seasons now. I finished all the episodes knowing absolutely nothing about the canon other than what I've seen in the nine movies and then jumped around some of the discussion ITT where I found out for the first time that a lot of the people and things the show introduces were already established, and then I spent some time clicking through wikipedia and watching some "explained" type videos and now I'm just wondering what the gently caress at things like magical space whales and time travel.

Which was kinda neat cause when Bo-Katan was revealed and Din called her "not a Mandalorian" I thought he was in the right because up until then all I knew about Mandalorians were that they never took off their helmets. Even when she explained that he's in a cult I just thought "oh ok, so there are just different sects with different rules." But after reading her backstory I appreciate how most of you took that scene totally differently as if someone unknowingly called Palpatine not a Sith :rolleyes:.

Ahsoka Tano's backstory is weird to me because it just got crazier and crazier. A neat discussion I read here was that she coulda owned that lady with the spear at any time cause apparently she's super powerful, but from my point of view Din seemed to hold his own against her so I thought she was just a random Jedi level of power, not someone who could stand up to Darth Vader. I genuinely thought that she had a chance of being speared to death (but knew she wouldn't, cause of plot armor) when she gets one of her lightsabers disarmed.

Gideon honestly seems to me like Gus Fringe but in space. Giancarlo plays the two exactly the same. This isn't a complaint but I can't stop thinking of Fringe when I see Gideon.

My only question is about beskar. Was Din's original armor made from beskar or was it just random metal? Is Boba's made from beskar? All the Mandalorians in S1 and Starbuck and her crew? If the metal is so rare, then how come every Mandalorian has a full suit of armor made from it?

Also Tahiti was mentioned here in a post and someone quoted it saying "it's a magical place." I don't know who that poster was and nobody in the few pages after acknowledged that post but I appreciate it :v:.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
His helmet was the only piece of pure beskar in his old armour. The rest was probably durasteel. Fett's armour is durasteel as well until they say otherwise, since it's corroded all to poo poo while Din can apparently survive krayt dragon stomach acid without issue.

Most of the beskar iron was strip mined by the Empire so Mandalorians can only make do with lesser quality metals that lack the heat and energy resisting properties of beskar. Plus the clans' constant infighting doesn't help keep up production.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Bossk > Homeless Man > Bossk is maybe the best part of that, although I have no idea what the circumstances could be.