Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Squirrel Girl origin story incoming

As long as it’s the original Ditko style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cael posted:

As long as it’s the original Ditko style

drat that does look like Amber

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

drat that does look like Amber

Beat me to it, haha.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Zizek was going off so hard about random things that Virgil had to reel him in a couple times to talk about his book that he was presumably on the podcast for to promote.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Danger posted:

Zizek’s book in Lacan is good too even if he completely ignores half of what Lacan was saying.

That's Zizek being Zizek and its what I like about his books. Fink is a lot dryer but very much doing his best to explain coherently, a task I wish Lacan placed any value in. He doesn't have a lot of rhetorical flourish but you finish a chapter you have whole concept, up to you if you think its cracked or not.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Just got the Chapo book as an early Christmas gift, gonna read it for the first time. Love the dedication to the brave Mujahideen fighters.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Just got the Chapo book as an early Christmas gift, gonna read it for the first time. Love the dedication to the brave Mujahideen fighters.

That's the best part of the book, unfortunately. The rest is really terrible, just random incoherent garbage that isn't funny. One of my book buying regrets. Don't buy podcast books.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 20, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

That's the best part of the book, unfortunately. The rest is really terrible, just random incoherent garbage that isn't funny. One of my book buying regrets. Don't buy podcast books.

Nah I like it so far.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Fame Douglas posted:

It's not an amazing work of literature or anything but it delivered what I expected.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

its good actually.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

folks, buy the book

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Willeh posted:

Zizek was going off so hard about random things that Virgil had to reel him in a couple times to talk about his book that he was presumably on the podcast for to promote.

That's the best part of Zizek interviews imo.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Scholtz posted:

folks, buy the book

Don't, actually. It's bad.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The book is a fun read but it’s basically just the text version of the podcast. As any reasonable person would expect.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I like the audiobook better but the book is still fun. I really like Eli Valley's illustrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

well why not posted:

The book is a fun read but it’s basically just the text version of the podcast. As any reasonable person would expect.

This is good because I love the podcast

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1340477715795890177

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Scholtz posted:

folks, buy the book

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I was thrilled when Virgil brought up A Canticle for Liebowitz, but then to bring up FO:NV to Zizek of all people?

Virgil is great

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
who was it virgil harangued until the said he'd buy the book, made me laugh a lot

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3A%40virgiltexas thank you for book&src=typed_query

i listened to the audiobook and it was basically a 7 hour chapo episode and i enjoyed it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’d smoke with Bernie and Marianne only. Maybe Yang.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

https://twitter.com/vodkasnowflake/status/1340490151965962242

zoom

enhance

Yep, that's a loving lanyard-dicked young adolescent with a little bit of soot applied to his chin.

One who also is a loving coward and deleted the tweet, lol.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao i thought it was just some dipshit but he's a staffer

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
wooop wooop nuclear-grade succ deployment in progress

Capitalizing black. White. Laundering your lovely opinions through minorities? YEP. IT'S LIB O'CLOCK

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why would you voluntarily pick that cross-eyed profile picture

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would you voluntarily pick that cross-eyed profile picture

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

should be the D&D background imo

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

I was thrilled when Virgil brought up A Canticle for Liebowitz, but then to bring up FO:NV to Zizek of all people?

Virgil is great

How 'bout a Manticle for Heibowitz and it's just for the fellas

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Buy the audiobook you morons.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Borrow the book from your local library

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/perilsofbirding/status/1340781277889372160

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Have they done a reading series lately? I remember felix getting really mad at a brett Stephens article a while ago and they seem to have fallen off them for the last little while

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Willeh posted:

no way. virgil was just letting zizek go off and then every so often zizek would be like, “im shorry, im talking too musch” and then virgil would ask one of his prepared questions to have zizek talk again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Virgil understands the dynamic of a Zizek interview. You ask him a question, he says whatever the gently caress he wants, eventually realizes it's been like five minutes and goes 'I'm sorry what were we saying' and then you ask him another question to let him keep going. He's a big ol trash powered steam engine and you just keep shoveling questions into him.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

The part where Virgil earnestly tries to talk someone into playing a video game that they in no way care about hit really close to home for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

space uncle posted:

The part where Virgil earnestly tries to talk someone into playing a video game that they in no way care about hit really close to home for me.

I want to see Zizek try to play a modern video game. Doesn't have to be Fallout, basically anything would be good.