Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lmao @ that blocking call

this game's about over with arkansas hitting shots and mizzou airballing anything that isn't at the rim

edit: are they piping in noise on this broadcast? it sounds very crowded

perfect summary of missouri: arky clanks a three and the only two players in the area fight with each other to knock it out of bounds

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

lmao @ that blocking call

this game's about over with arkansas hitting shots and mizzou airballing anything that isn't at the rim

edit: are they piping in noise on this broadcast? it sounds very crowded

perfect summary of missouri: arky clanks a three and the only two players in the area fight with each other to knock it out of bounds

Arkansas is letting up to 4400 in which I think is the most in any regular arena in the country. Saw somethin the other day that said we had had five of the six biggest crowds this year or something like that. They might be piping noise in too though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
kai jones rules

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

can you imagine if arkansas was having even a normal shooting day? they'd be up at least 10

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

can you imagine if arkansas was having even a normal shooting day? they'd be up at least 10

Tell me about it :negative:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Shaka Smart is clearly the parable of Samson & Delilah told in reverse.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I keep thinking Arkansas will shoot out of this slump but apparently not. It’s not like Mizzou is playing super great defense either, we are just missing wide open shots

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
RH2 and Mcconnell are back vs Iowa. Lets get it!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

this goofy white dude on arkansas shoots like he should be in black and gold

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mike_V posted:

this goofy white dude on arkansas shoots like he should be in black and gold

He has a powerful goober energy that seems to throw off the opposition

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Edward Mass posted:

Shaka Smart is clearly the parable of Samson & Delilah told in reverse.

lol

I've always been a Shaka skeptic but they look so good this year

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Hair theory extends to coaching

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Most embarrassing performance I’ve ever seen from Arkansas. Want to complain about the officiating (Doug Shows and Terry Wymer are terrible), but can’t complain too much when you’re 3 for 16 from *layups*. Christ almighty

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

wouldn't be a mizzou game if they weren't up 15 with 4 minutes to go and it ends up being a nailbiter

edit: thanks for making an open triple, mark

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Are you loving kidding me with these Big10 refs?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao this game sucks

Connor McCaffery isn't like a great player or anything but you can tell Iowa misses him, ball movement isn't the same at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

lmao this game sucks

Connor McCaffery isn't like a great player or anything but you can tell Iowa misses him, ball movement isn't the same at all.

Rutgers is an elite defensive team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

Rutgers is an elite defensive team.

what do you think Iowa is on offense you dork

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Iowa State has been terrible this year but they are giving Baylor a game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Garza has bled in like 40% of his career games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thats a good half of basketball by Rutgers. Shooting 36% and tied.

Garza just took about 19 steps on that 3 point play.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 2, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
luka garza

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

Garza just took about 19 steps on that 3 point play.

I know you have only been watching basketball for a couple months but please learn what a pivot foot is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

I know you have only been watching basketball for a couple months but please learn what a pivot foot is

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hate to lose a game on loving free throws. ugh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
nice win, lost a starter early and still hung on against a good team on the road

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Bohannon being back is terrifying.

There had been rumors about Caleb coming back this year. Obviously he wasn't 100% yet, but you want to work him back so he's ready to be the 6th man again in a few weeks.

Their achilles heel under Pike has been free throw shooting. They magically learned to hit threes this year, so you wondered if that was fixed too, but clearly it wasn't. So that was part of it. If they had Cliffy today, they could have hacked the poo poo out of Garza without worrying about foul trouble.

Iowa is a lot better than Illinois, and Ohio State's win over us was total bullshit that won't be repeated. I think the big four in conference is Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Rutgers, then Illinois, then Ohio State, then everyone else.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

nice win, lost a starter early and still hung on against a good team on the road

I told you at the start of the year Iowa's a top 5 team MV. No one's better than Rutgers on their home court and Iowa still left with the W.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Bohannon being back is terrifying.

really did not appreciate that dude remembering that he's Cobra Kai Curry against northwestern

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Kirios posted:

I told you at the start of the year Iowa's a top 5 team MV. No one's better than Rutgers on their home court and Iowa still left with the W.

Eh that talk is from when there's fans and all.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
J Bo hitting steph curry pull ups again rules especially since weiskamp has been pretty lovely in conference play so far

Also love that we once again found an out of nowhere awesome freshman with Keegan Murray, he reminds me so much of Aaron White when he was younger. He won't start with Connor out but he should.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 2, 2021

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I loving hate Illinois

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Tennessee shooting kind of flat tonight. I started the game late so I’m not sure what’s happened but I haven’t seen a lot of Pons so far.

Also, good game Texas today.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Maybe this is one of Cal's intentional ejections to try to rally his team. I'm not sure this team is rally-able.

e: deficit cut from 9 to 2 within a minute of ejection

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 3, 2021

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Heading to double OT now in Starkville. Both teams have missed game winning last second shots.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Tennessee shooting kind of flat tonight. I started the game late so I’m not sure what’s happened but I haven’t seen a lot of Pons so far.

Also, good game Texas today.

Pons came out of the game for a bit and Springer got hurt. Bama landed 87 3s and we couldn’t make anything go in. Had plenty of opportunities but nothing was landing.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky wins a game of basketball!

Kentucky native Dontaie Allen with 7 3s to lead the comeback, after multiple games of fans ragging on Calipari about why he wasn't getting a chance to play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I spent the entire second overtime trying to get my DVR to actually tune into the channel but it looked like Arizona Wazzu was a great game via the game cast.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

god, kentucky is really fuckin bad this year huh? down 7 at half to vandy in rupp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
For all the criticism of his Xs and Os, that was a pretty play drawn up by Calipari at the end there. Drive and kick out for a clutch 3. Vandy's last second attempt bounces on the rim about 10 times before falling away. Two in a row for Kentucky.