Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Thanks for that, great info. I am sure it is going to be terrible on console to change things out. You would think they could give you a few "setups" that you can set and then toggle between them. I am sure this will be taken care of by mods for you PC folk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

g0del posted:

I can kind of see an argument for slottable combat CP skills. Sure, they'll probably just end up with everyone using cookie-cutter meta builds, but at least there's some actual choice and trade-offs there. Slottable CP skills for crafting/resource gathering/fishing/thieving/etc. is just wasting player's time for no good reason.

Yeah it's weird, one of the reasons they are actually arguing for how they redid the champion system was because checking everyone's champion builds was taxing the system during damage calculations and adding additional lag (allegedly) but those bonuses aren't used in combat :confused:

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 12, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Ditto, thanks for breaking it down. That doesn't sound too terrible. I'm a casual, so it's good to see I won't be affected too much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I burnt out a month or so ago, and was wondering, is the Greymoor expac worth messing with? I got a bit into it before my sub ran out and I decided to just take a break but curious if it's worth experiencing before the new expac drops down the line.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I burnt out a month or so ago, and was wondering, is the Greymoor expac worth messing with? I got a bit into it before my sub ran out and I decided to just take a break but curious if it's worth experiencing before the new expac drops down the line.

Probably not if you burnt out on ESO. The Antiquities system is basically a nice excuse to rerun old content for unique items and furniture. The first part of the plot (Western Skyrim) is decent but not amazing, and half of it is in overland Skyrim, which you've seen already. The underground zones are more interesting, but probably not worth the price of admission alone. The Reach (story part 2) felt half finished to me, probably scaled back due to COVID/WFH shift. Not much to recommend in it unless you want more ESO.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alright, thanks. I'll just wait till the next expac drops to get back into it then.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Been trying this game out again and I'm enjoying it enough that I'll likely stick with it. Any chance for a goon guild invite? @NZV

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I need all your argonian names here in this thread. I'm currently running Fails-Upward but I love all the goony lizard wizard names and I need to see them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

atomicgeek posted:

I need all your argonian names here in this thread. I'm currently running Fails-Upward but I love all the goony lizard wizard names and I need to see them.

Runs-With-Sticks

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

atomicgeek posted:

J'Erquad

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Flexes-like-Sithis

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Ignites-His-Farts

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hyphenates-His-Name

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I named mine Swims-Through-Storms which sounds cool and tough but it's actually because they're a lovely sorcerer who keeps causing electrical surges around them and are basically a walking storm risk

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snowy posted:

Hyphenates-His-Name

lol

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dunks-On-Idiots
Daedric-Guar-Bomb
Spooky-Scary-Skeletons

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Provides-Bad-Parses

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

atomicgeek posted:

i started playing alongside my wife so i decided to be cutesy with it

Kisses-Her-Wife

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Xinder posted:

i started playing alongside my wife so i decided to be cutesy with it

Kisses-Her-Wife

This is an extremely powerful avatar/post combo.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Crafts-With-Nightmares

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

King-of-Gizzards, the lizard wizard.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

atomicgeek posted:

This is an extremely powerful avatar/post combo.

lesbians be as lesbians do.

we switched to maining khajiits after our first month playing and i honestly don't remember her lizard name anymore.

e: her khajiit is named Min'mo

Xinder fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 23, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

atomicgeek posted:

Talks-to-Chickens

(and yes, he has the Mara Spring Chicken pet)

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

atomicgeek posted:

Pets-the-cats

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Forgot-The-Mechanics

It's usually applicable.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I always seem to go with Sleeps-Under-Trees.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Stands-In-Fire

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Strokes-Own-Tail

Shaken-Not-Stirred

Eats-The-Bodies

Swap-Dot-Avi

Choker-Of-Chickens

Argonian-Saurus-Rex

Kills-Dies-Repeats

Rocks-Like-Hurricane

Cold-As-Ice

Rocks-All-Night

Parties-Every-Day

Back-In-Black

Shoots-To-Thrill

Whole-Lotta-Rosie

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Argonian Sorc Tank with boundless storm.:

AC-DC

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
If I play an Argonian in TES, I tend to use "Sleeps-By-Night", since well... naturally!

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

atomicgeek posted:

Sits-And-Spins
Pun-With-Hyphens
Bob-From-Marketing

Twistershift fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 24, 2021

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Cries-In-Soup

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Wares-For-Coin

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
I have been trying out an argonian dk...

Works-From-Home

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Simps-For-Septims
Tops-From-Bottom

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Crowns-For-Crates.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I don't know if they're still around, but if you're on PC NA try rolling into Alinor sometime. There's an Argonian player there named Sleeps-On-Bridges whose gimmick is just that, they literally sleep on a bridge all day. And they have a massive fanclub too.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Never-Logs-In

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

My only SA callout is my orc stamden Bash gra-Yospos.

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

havent played since the greymoor launch and im digging the new champion point system. also all my dps guys seem a bit less squishy now.