Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Payndz posted:

drat, I actually kinda miss the days of the comedy backmarker teams, that brief shining period when the track was clogged graced by the likes of Good Lotus, Virgin/Marussia/Manor/whoever and Hormone Rescue Team. Haas may be poo poo, but they at least have a baseline mechanical competence that keeps them within the 107% rule and averts genius moves like building a car with a fuel tank too small to finish a race.

One of their drivers can’t even complete 107% of a race lap though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

boop the snoot posted:

One of their drivers can’t even complete 107% of a race lap though

We were just talking about exceeding track limits being bad though

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Payndz posted:

drat, I actually kinda miss the days of the comedy backmarker teams, that brief shining period when the track was clogged graced by the likes of Good Lotus, Virgin/Marussia/Manor/whoever and Hormone Rescue Team. Haas may be poo poo, but they at least have a baseline mechanical competence that keeps them within the 107% rule and averts genius moves like building a car with a fuel tank too small to finish a race.

last weekend was one of the first times I went out and about for a while and I saw a dude in a train station wearing a Caterham-Renault era quarter-zip sweatshirt. I was stunned.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The colours when they were good lotus were quite nice by the green they went when they became caterham was grim.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Big Jesus posted:

We were just talking about exceeding track limits being bad though

if I have a chance to poo poo on Majorspin then I’m gonna take it even if it’s only barely relevant to the topic

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Oof. Just saw news (thanks, Taki Inoue!) that non-EU visitors to Italy will have to stay in quarantine isolation for 14 days after arrival. (5 days for visitors from other EU countries.) FP1 at Imola starts in 17 days. The UK-based teams are going to have to get ready to go right now.

Still, Italy's beautiful at this time of year. So they'll have something to look at from the window of their Holiday Inn. (Probably Binotto cruising past in his Ferrari convertible, waving.)

https://www.thelocal.it/20210330/breaking-italy-imposes-quarantine-for-people-arriving-from-within-eu

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 30, 2021

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a enormous box of Marussia F1 flags because they were like £1 for 100 and I Make Things.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Payndz posted:

Oof. Just saw news (thanks, Taki Inoue!) that non-EU visitors to Italy will have to stay in quarantine isolation for 14 days after arrival. (5 days for visitors from other EU countries.) FP1 at Imola starts in 17 days. The UK-based teams are going to have to get ready to go right now.

Still, Italy's beautiful at this time of year. So they'll have something to look at from the window of their Holiday Inn. (Probably Binotto cruising past in his Ferrari convertible, waving.)

https://www.thelocal.it/20210330/breaking-italy-imposes-quarantine-for-people-arriving-from-within-eu

that's not an oof, that's a lol

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ban every britsh team

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Payndz posted:

I was just wondering why there was such a huge gap in races this early in the season. Thanks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

ban every britsh team

yeah at least ferrari might get a 3rd place then

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
lol if you think rules apply to celebrities and the wealthy

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Immolat1on posted:

lol if you think rules apply to celebrities and the wealthy

"I'll be in quarantine on my yacht on Monaco harbor."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

BWV posted:

there used to be a fool proof way of stopping people from going off track and then Max had to go and try to test that too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Custard Undies posted:

I love Laguna Seca, but its only got the corkscrew going for it, the rest of the track is pretty poo poo.

The entire track leading up the corkscrew owns. Everything after sucks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is that a 5x3 blanket or is it full quilt size?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

Is that a 5x3 blanket or is it full quilt size?

It’s about 5 1/2 x 3 1/2, with larger quilts I tend to do big blocks and then back it with a sheet.

Tablecloth and headboard cover, I’m not super awesome talented but it’s a cool thing to do with F1 tv on in the background on a lazy Sunday.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cessna posted:

"I'll be in quarantine on my yacht on Monaco harbor."

Technically that's closer to the original meaning of quarantine than "let em hang out in a hotel in town"

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Payndz posted:

Isn't everyone in F1 technically a Swiss or Monegasque citizen? Or is that just the drivers/principals?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mercedes is hiring a Race Team Apprentice: https://mbgp.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Mercedes-AMGF1/job/Operations-Centre/Race-Team-Apprentice_REQ-210005

I don't see Access database listed as a skill though????

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Mercedes is hiring a Race Team Apprentice: https://mbgp.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Mercedes-AMGF1/job/Operations-Centre/Race-Team-Apprentice_REQ-210005

I don't see Access database listed as a skill though????

lol a kart and f4 mechanic sounds like you've basically got to be the world's most patient preschool warden

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I know you guys don't like reddit, but I figured some of the scud duds in here would probably enjoy this:

Thread link: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/mgccyq/i_turned_ferraris_pictures_into_an_80s_cop_movie

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i dont get it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Chills

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

who bought me this avatar

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

i dont get it

What's there to get? It's just fun artwork.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ethanol posted:

what do you mean mr ethanol

its always been your avatar

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ethanol posted:

You lucky.

Anyway Go Perez!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I really hope Checo and Gasly get more race wins this year, just to spite Horner and the cursed second RBR car.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I've done some image analysis of the leclerc A/Vs and there's a somewhat disturbing yet interesting detail here. I'll post more about it when I have more proof, but for now some posters know what I'm talking about and are probably nervous about it.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Look you can't drop hints like that without some data to back it up!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bloody Pom posted:

I really hope Checo and Gasly get more race wins this year, just to spite Horner and the cursed second RBR car.

I am fairly sure at least checo will, max will inevitably wall out and unless merc is still sandbagging or bahrain is a uniquely lovely track specifically for mercedes it's not out of the cards

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i bought all the leclerc avs. youe welcome

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Pearnicious posted:

What's there to get? It's just fun artwork.

""""""fun"""""" """""""""""""""""""""artwork"""""""""""""""""""""

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Isn't everyone in F1 technically a Swiss or Monegasque citizen? Or is that just the drivers/principals?

There’s a lot of mix of (mostly) European staff, but it might impact Japanese staff (like at Honda) and specifically it sounds like it effects everyone who is working in the UK.

Unless there’s an exception for elite sports, which might be the case.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

POCKET CHOMP posted:

""""""fun"""""" """""""""""""""""""""artwork"""""""""""""""""""""

un fartwork

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Bahrain has, in the past, been a very good track for Mercedes.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

shameful lack of kimi representation itt.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

I like dumb poo poo on the internet, my bad. Sorry for not making a joke about cast iron air fryers in this gap between races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Payndz posted:

Huh. The UK has a 10 day quarantine-on-entry period, and Italy now has 14 day for non-EU people. From what I can see, at least some UK-based team members (drivers/mechanics) are coming back to the UK after Bahrain so uhhh how do they get to Italy in 16 days when they have a mandated 24 days of quarantine ahead of them?