Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Her calling you "Queen of the Girl Scouts" though during her mission in ME3 - 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, you can immediately get your badge back and nobody ever talks about it again except your squadmates for a second when you run into them.

Yeah, but even then the Council is like "we're not going to publicly acknowledge your reinstatement, or give you any help with the impending apocalypse" and you have to go back to Cerberus to get things done. I remember at the time a lot of players were bamboozled by this and very much wanted a "go back to the Council as your mission command" option instead of being forced to work with TIM.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Polaron posted:

It's the wider FOV. It definitely makes it obvious that none of the women in ME1 have nipples.

Yeah, apparently you don't get nipples in the Mass Effect universe until you travel to Andromeda.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
It's been ages since I've played but how do you unlock Spectre stuff in Legendary Edition? Didn't you have to get up over a Million credits in the old versions? I did that and the C-sec guy doesn't have anything new.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Levantine posted:

It's been ages since I've played but how do you unlock Spectre stuff in Legendary Edition? Didn't you have to get up over a Million credits in the old versions? I did that and the C-sec guy doesn't have anything new.

It's when you unlock Illos now

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

OneDeadman posted:

Ah, roger that. Thanks!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

OneDeadman posted:

This needs to be in the OP at this point. Or the thread title.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Mass Effect 3 reminds me that when the Force Awakens came out I mixed up the names of Kai Leng and Kylo Ren.

I defy you to find a difference between these two pathetic edgelord wannabes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
This time around I didn't even bother asking about Kai Leng so I didn't have to get that especially embarrassing convo with Anderson where he says "wow reapers are bad but this loving cyberdork is really scary!"

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Near the end of ME1, and I did the Liara mission last.

The dialog was worth it, and all future ME1 playthroughs are going to be like that from now on.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DourCricket posted:

Her calling you "Queen of the Girl Scouts" though during her mission in ME3 - 10/10

ME3/Citadel Jack is great and makes up for how edgy ME2 Jack is.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ok, is Ilos just the Spectre X gear? I should have at least rank VII on the C-sec guy, right? I'm reading up and I guess there's a bug where it goes away after a while and it can be fixed by having a save right before you become a spectre (my earliest is RIGHT after).

I don't want to waste time starting a new game and putting a hard save there if it's not going to solve my problem though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man I just started me2 and I'm already enjoying save editing legion in early. His interaction with csec customs was great.

Arrrthritis posted:

The dialog was worth it, and all future ME1 playthroughs are going to be like that from now on.

"Hi there! I'm commander Shepard. Your moms dead. I killed her. Sorry about that. Also, I just obsoleted your life's work. Wanna go kill robots together?"

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Dee Ehm posted:

Mass Effect 3 reminds me that when the Force Awakens came out I mixed up the names of Kai Leng and Kylo Ren.

Plenty of Adam Driver fans that want to cure Kylo Ren with the power of love.

In a game series where people begged to be able to bang everything from the dino bird man to the faceless suit lady to the Andromeda cat dude, it's telling that there were no calls to be able to romance or redeem Leng. I'm going to make the assumption he doesn't even have any sexy fanart about him and no one needs to prove me wrong.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That's because Kyle ren was a bog normal emo kid from your high school days, now with super powers.

Kai leng was that kid sitting alone at lunch picking his nose and thinking about what an absolute power move it would be to break into the jock's house and eat their cereal. Yeah, that would show em!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
The rage comic version of Mass Effect Deception is loving hilarious, and I hate rage comics.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

FoolyCharged posted:

"Hi there! I'm commander Shepard. Your moms dead. I killed her. Sorry about that. Also, I just obsoleted your life's work. Wanna go kill robots together?"

I was actually annoyed that Shepard doesn't even say anything about murdering her mom and Liara is just like, oh please help, I'm not like my mother. She just magically knew her mom was dead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Simone Magus posted:

I used to like Jack a lot but as time goes on the 90s Hot Topic energy is becoming more and more dated and hilarious

Also for real why can't femshep date her, she's explicitly bi!!!!!

Fox News.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Ytlaya posted:

Just did Zaeed loyalty mission. Screw the refinery workers, I made a promise to Zaeed :colbert: Blue Suns leader guy probably would have killed a bunch of people anyways if we had let him live.

I always save the refinery workers to prove a point because we probably wouldn’t even have been in that situation at all and might have killed the Blue Suns leader without hassle if Zaeed didn’t lose his cool. Always listen to the Commander, mercenary man

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Dee Ehm posted:

Kylo Ren is purdy.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I really don't like ME2 Jack's whole thing at all, but when her immediate response to being told not to worry and that we're there to rescue you was "poo poo, you sound like a pussy" I literally laughed out loud.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jack could have been really bad but I think she's saved by her voice actress, who can curse really well.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Jack is cheesy as hell but sort of rules in a 2000s goth phase sort of way.

Her fighting with Miranda and calling her "cheerleader" is the low point, imo. Feels like a weird stereotype about high school girl cliques transplanted to a future spaceship and two adults.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Squiggle posted:

I really don't like ME2 Jack's whole thing at all, but when her immediate response to being told not to worry and that we're there to rescue you was "poo poo, you sound like a pussy" I literally laughed out loud.

Haha yeah it's great

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Like, Jack hates Miranda because she's a Cerberus lapdog, which makes sense, but she also hates her because she's a prep, which is just really weird and funny and a bit atonal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Android Blues posted:

Like, Jack hates Miranda because she's a Cerberus lapdog, which makes sense, but she also hates her because she's a prep, which is just really weird and funny and a bit atonal.

I don't think "Cerberus cheerleader" has anything to do with high school cliques, like the line is delivered and understood completely at face value.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I mean I'm pretty sure I'd hate Miranda too, she's smug as all gently caress

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The whole "Autistic dude is naturally equipped to control robot hive-mind" matter feels pretty offensive on a replay.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The whole "Autistic dude is naturally equipped to control robot hive-mind" matter feels pretty offensive on a replay.

He's clearly not equipped to handle it, though. Everything goes to hell

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

bobjr posted:

I like how the paragon ending to Tali’s loyalty quest is after being told your word isn’t going to work and you need hard evidence, you say screw the evidence and insult the admirals by using your word to defend Tali and saying this is a kangaroo court.

Yeah, the Renegade one flows better for that scene ; where instead you tell the judges that you figured out the trial had political ramifications, and that regardless of the trial's outcome they should keep their jerkoff politics off your goddamn ship and out of your loving crew's lives. The indignation is the same, just not at the same thing and for once Renegade's "Ugh, POLITICIANS !" is not entirely unjustified.

Doctor Nutt posted:

That's funny because one of the first lines you can get from Jack (I already forget what it's in response to) is "gently caress, you sound like a pussy." and the VA just deadpans it hard and it makes me chuckle every time.

Having just done the Batman bit of Leviathan ; I am now forced to concede that, as cool and fun as it is with EDI it would have worked even better with Garrus ; by which I mean re-enacting that one Bunk/McNulty investigation scene. You know the one.

- Oh gently caress. Oh gently caress. Oh gently caress, Shepard !
- gently caress me.
- Rachni ? No loving way.
- Fuuuuck gently caress gently caress gently caress... The gently caress ?!
- Oh that sick gently caress.
- Fuckin' A, Vakarian.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I actually laughed out loud at the absurdity of this on replay of this because this is also the plot of one of the newest and worst Predator films.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The whole point of that is the opposite? He wasn't, at all. His brother is an idiot piece of poo poo who doesn't actually understand him at all.

"His autistic mind," etc

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Another time the Paragon option doesn’t really make sense is Shepard talking Tela Vasir down when she has the hostage.

Maybe if he sacrificed the council, but he also brings up the rachni who she likely has no clue about.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

bobjr posted:

Another time the Paragon option doesn’t really make sense is Shepard talking Tela Vasir down when she has the hostage.

Maybe if he sacrificed the council, but he also brings up the rachni who she likely has no clue about.

Yeah for me the best dialogue option for that encounter is just the renegade one that you don't need reputation for. Great one liner if you kept your Spectre status too.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I like how even paragon Shepard is a bit of a loose cannon fuckup

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This is my first time playing the Omega DLC and I think it's bullshit that I don't get the enormous biotic explosion power for the other parts of the game.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Biotics, pfffff. All you need is a decent rifle. Soldier class forever.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I'm a little disappointed in the Legendary version that was just released. "remaster" seem to be really stretching it. A few hours in and it doesn't seem like much more than an HD reskin with a minor GUI update. Especially given my squad members still have idiotic combat AI that doesn't seem to understand line of sight and loves shooting at walls. Seems kind of lame that they only remastered it to ~2013ish graphics. It's a little sad to me for example how much better Halo 2 Anniversary looks given that was released 7 years ago.

Also a minor complaint: Why does it need two splash screens. It seems like the initial "mass effect" legendary splash screen is all that should be necessary, having a second splash screen when I choose ME 1,2 or 3 just seems a little annoying and makes things feel a bit more disconnected.

I suppose it's a great option for people who have never played ME before, but as someone who has all the games and DLC already I really wish I had waited until it was on sale for like $10.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Arrrthritis posted:

One thing that is kind of goofy playing the games back-to-back is how your original crew is all "Shepard, my best friend and comrade-in-arms" when, for many of these characters, their involvement in ME1 basically consists of "recruited them and then talked to them 2-3 times on the Normandy." Because I also did Liara late and didn't include her in my party, her participation in the story was basically just doing the mind-meld thing with me a couple times and chatting some.

I think the time gap between games helped a lot with people being nostalgic for the characters and impacted by the ME2 re-unions, since most don't really do anything in ME1.

Seemlar posted:

I mean, he says the same if you brain a space monkey in ME1

Aren't those monkeys you kill in the turret mini-game on Tuchanka space monkeys? I think they look the same.

Theotus posted:

Love how in spite of all of that, if you push the merc out the window in ME2 Garrus is like "Woah man, harsh. But fair."

Jack is like "I oughtta take a page from your book Shepard" if she's in your party and you do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheGreySpectre posted:

I'm a little disappointed in the Legendary version that was just released. "remaster" seem to be really stretching it. A few hours in and it doesn't seem like much more than an HD reskin with a minor GUI update.

That's what a remaster usually is. You're thinking of a remake.

Remaster comes from the film industry and literally just means higher resolution, maybe color grading.

Levantine posted:

Ok, is Ilos just the Spectre X gear? I should have at least rank VII on the C-sec guy, right? I'm reading up and I guess there's a bug where it goes away after a while and it can be fixed by having a save right before you become a spectre (my earliest is RIGHT after).

I don't want to waste time starting a new game and putting a hard save there if it's not going to solve my problem though.

There are saves on Nexus right before the ceremony to save you time.