Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Falconer posted:

How good of a Gnosia is Sha-Ming? He's definitely got the stats to survive for a while (excellent stealth, good to great performance and charm, decent charisma) and he's the closest to Mega64 in terms of play style (survival above all else even if it means throwing a fellow Gnosia under the bus).

Speaking as someone who just spent three loving days in a row trying to target him after catching him in an obvious lie, pretty drat good at it. He has one particularly obnoxious skill that hasn’t come up in the LP yet, which makes him very difficult to successfully target for cold sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Sha-Ming is up there as a Gnosia but he's most dangerous as a bug, naturally. He plays how the Bug should even when he's human, so when he actually is one it's a big surprise.

The secret to beating Kukrushka is to try and collab with Yuriko or Comet, one of them putting the heat on her is usually enough to set up a double team. If neither are available, best bet is to try and DH everyone else, but we're a bit early in the game to do that.

EnragedBullfrog
Feb 15, 2014
On top of everything else about him, Sha-Ming is also one of the characters most prone to throwing other Gnosia under the bus when he is one. That can make him very hard to suss out, and it also means that he's a danger to you even if you're both Gnosia. He sorta just sucks.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Actually, having played as a female char, I've seen something different. (This is unlikely to come up in the LP so I hope it's ok to mention?)

I think he throws everyone except female chars under the bus. He has been hardcore defending me every time both of us got Gnosia, unless it was a lost cause to begin with anyway.

ChaceRider
Aug 16, 2009

and above all else, be kind
Mark me down as another who bought the game after seeing this thread! As someone who doesn't have the actual speaking skills or even a remotely-same-scheduled group of friends for games like Among Us or real Mafia/Werewolf, this game massively scratches that itch of "but those games look fun though..." lol. I'm on loop 80 and already not envying OP the task of unlocking events. Some of these I've already seen get pretty mean...

Speaking of which, my 'favorite' run I've ever had was an early Engineer one where every time I'd start what was clearly supposed to be an event chain, the Gnosia would kill one of the other people involved that very night. I think it got up to 3 or 4 times in a row before the crew iced me, as the (excuse the pun) icing on the cake. By the end of it I was just laughing. What a cursed run.

Inadequately posted:

Speaking as someone who just spent three loving days in a row trying to target him after catching him in an obvious lie, pretty drat good at it. He has one particularly obnoxious skill that hasn’t come up in the LP yet, which makes him very difficult to successfully target for cold sleep.

Also, I find this train of discussion hilarious because, in a series of 6 or 7 Gnosia runs, every time I had Sha-Ming as a buddy, he'd go and get himself iced early. Usually for counter-claiming someone like Kukrushka, but sometimes just for no apparent reason. :downs: High stealth, my rear end.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

ChaceRider posted:

Also, I find this train of discussion hilarious because, in a series of 6 or 7 Gnosia runs, every time I had Sha-Ming as a buddy, he'd go and get himself iced early. Usually for counter-claiming someone like Kukrushka, but sometimes just for no apparent reason. :downs: High stealth, my rear end.

Well, high Stealth only goes so far. Sha-Ming has high performance (about 8/10) but he can still get caught in a lie by the super intuitive people; Yuriko in particular can make Sha-Ming miserable since, aside from Stealth, her stats are either better or considerably better than his are. As for Kukrushka she sacrifices Charisma and Stealth for superior Performance and Charm (especially Charm) compared to Sha-Ming. If Krush ever gets a reason to dislike Sha-Ming then it seems that she can make him squirm almost as well as Yuriko can.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Hmm, I just had a baffling round.
  • Two Gnosia, one Bug, no AC Follower.
  • Day 1 has three Engineer declarations (Shigemichi, Raqio and Kukrushka) and one Doctor declaration (Chipie).
  • Day 2 dawns and there are two kills: Stella and Shigemichi. Raqio investigated Shigemichi and Kukrushka investigated Stella.
  • I was able to declare Definite Human and Definite Enemy at this point.
  • Shigemichi was a fake because there were two kills; one of the surviving Engineers had to have been the real one in order for a Bug to be killed via investigation.
  • Shigemichi couldn't have died if he was Gnosia; ergo, he must be the Bug.
  • Shigemichi was investigated by Raqio, which means Raqio was the real Engineer and a Definite Human.

But when I declared Definite Human on Raqio, Setsu told me I made a mistake. :confused:
I turned out to be right in the end, but my trustworthiness took a nosedive from that mistake. SQ and Sha-Ming teamed up to get me iced as soon as everyone voted out Kukrushka, who I assume was the Definite Enemy I could have pinpointed instead. :argh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Bloody Emissary posted:

Hmm, I just had a baffling round.
  • Two Gnosia, one Bug, no AC Follower.
  • Day 1 has three Engineer declarations (Shigemichi, Raqio and Kukrushka) and one Doctor declaration (Chipie).
  • Day 2 dawns and there are two kills: Stella and Shigemichi. Raqio investigated Shigemichi and Kukrushka investigated Stella.
  • I was able to declare Definite Human and Definite Enemy at this point.
  • Shigemichi was a fake because there were two kills; one of the surviving Engineers had to have been the real one in order for a Bug to be killed via investigation.
  • Shigemichi couldn't have died if he was Gnosia; ergo, he must be the Bug.
  • Shigemichi was investigated by Raqio, which means Raqio was the real Engineer and a Definite Human.

But when I declared Definite Human on Raqio, Setsu told me I made a mistake. :confused:
I turned out to be right in the end, but my trustworthiness took a nosedive from that mistake. SQ and Sha-Ming teamed up to get me iced as soon as everyone voted out Kukrushka, who I assume was the Definite Enemy I could have pinpointed instead. :argh:

This logic is just as valid for Kukrushka, since she investigated Stella, who could have also been the Bug. It's exactly like how someone earlier in the thread figured out how to avoid logic failures as a Gnosia claiming Engineer with a Bug involved by always investigating their choice for nightkill until after the double kill happens; when both targets for investigation wind up missing, either engineer could be the real one.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Do engineer scans happen before or after the Gnosia nightkill? Shigemichi could have been the true engineer and investigated Stella, if the timing works the right way.

On the other hand, the only definite enemy you could identify in this situation was Kukrushka and that logic chain needs the assumption that gnosia won't double claim the same role, because she investigated her victim to dodge this exact logic failure.

Only Stella or Shigemichi could be the bug, so:
  • if Kukrushka is crew then Stella is the bug, thus Raqio and Shigemichi must both be gnosia.
  • If K is gnosia, then Shigemichi is the bug and Raqio must be crew by exhaustion of day one claims

Maybe you should have called enemy on K then human on R, but honestly both deductions equally rely on the "no double claim" soft rule.
:shrug: anyone got something here? The game is usually really good in showing the definite commands only when the logic is waterproof.

E: I assume Chipie's reported the day one freeze was human? If you caught the other Gnosia then Raqio has to be definite human.
E2: who was the other gnosia?
E3 the editing: did anyone remember to use definite human on Chipie day one?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 30, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

This logic is just as valid for Kukrushka, since she investigated Stella, who could have also been the Bug. It's exactly like how someone earlier in the thread figured out how to avoid logic failures as a Gnosia claiming Engineer with a Bug involved by always investigating their choice for nightkill until after the double kill happens; when both targets for investigation wind up missing, either engineer could be the real one.

If Stella was the Bug and Kukrushka was the real Engineer, then Shigemichi would have had to be Gnosia to false-claim Engineer—which is impossible, because he got killed during the night.

I've got another idea, though: is it possible that all three Engineers were fake (both Gnosia and the Bug) and the real Engi didn't declare (but also investigated Shigemichi)? That would allow a Definite Enemy confirm on Kukrushka (since Shigemichi was 100% the Bug, her claim had to be fake) while leaving Raqio's status uncertain.

Omobono posted:

Do engineer scans happen before or after the Gnosia nightkill? Shigemichi could have been the true engineer and investigated Stella, if the timing works the right way.

Or it could be this. If it helps, I re-did this one immediately after and was successful on the Definite Human call with the same three-Engi-one-Doctor Day 1 claims—only this time I also declared Definite Human on the Doctor on Day 1 and they were the one who got killed rather than Stella. (Shigemichi was the Bug-Engi both times, poor guy.)

quote:

E: I assume Chipie's reported the day one freeze was human? If you caught the other Gnosia then Raqio has to be definite human.
E2: who was the other gnosia?
E3 the editing: did anyone remember to use definite human on Chipie day one?

Yup, Day 1 freeze was human. The other Gnosia was SQ. Chipie did not get Definite Human'd on Day 1; I was unable to do so, IIRC. Which is weird, because as I said above I was able to Definite Human the Doctor on Day 1 in a subsequent game with identical Day 1 conditions.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 30, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bloody Emissary posted:

I've got another idea, though: is it possible that all three Engineers were fake (both Gnosia and the Bug) and the real Engi didn't declare (but also investigated Shigemichi)? That would still allow a Definite Enemy confirm on Kukrushka (since Shigemichi was 100% the Bug, her claim had to be fake) while leaving Raqio's status uncertain.

No, this one is an hard rule: the actual role (if still alive) will claim if someone else claims it. The manual warns the player about consequences to breaking this rule themselves.

Did you level up logic? The definite skills require 20 logic to use.
If yes, the definite human was Chipie and everyone else forgot to tag him day one while the definite enemy was Kukrushka (gnosia). You couldn't tag Raqio as human because they still could have been the second gnosia, even though the player knows about the soft rule.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Omobono posted:

Did you level up logic? The definite skills require 20 logic to use.
If yes, the definite human was Chipie and everyone else forgot to tag him day one while the definite enemy was Kukrushka (gnosia). You couldn't tag Raqio as human because they still could have been the second gnosia, even though the player knows about the soft rule.

Yes, my Logic has been at 20 for a while. I guess it's the soft rule thing, then. :ms:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Here's a question:

If the Engineer checks on the Bug, but is targeted to die in the night by the Gnosia, are there two kills or only one?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Had some requests so I did a couple. First off, another Guardian Angel run.

I decide to bump it up to 4 Gnosia to make things a bit spicier, but I completely forgot to re-enable Guard Duty, AC Follower, and Bug. Oops! I didn't even notice for the entire loop, though it didn't really affect things, as you'll see.

Don't think I've shown it off, but when there's static shown in a loop, there's something unique about that loop. A special event may happen, or something else that's weird.

Music: Suspicion

In this case, it's nothing really important, just Setsu murdering Sha-Ming pre-game again.

I want to say this happens rarely, but I don't know for sure whether this is a one-time thing or something that can pop up every now and then.

And yes, Sha-Ming is indeed not going to appear in this loop. Don't worry, he'll come back to be an rear end in the next one.

Anyway, things start off as usual. We get our Engineer claims in Shigemichi and Jonas, Yuriko and Shigemichi collab, Raqio naturally gets targeted on Day 1...

But something happens when Shigemichi and Jonas are the only ones to claim the same role.

Pardon...?

Music: Flying Yellow Cucumber

A game, eh...? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the video games of late.
Then how 'bout a retro game? Let's face off on "WTF?! Human Farm"!

How nostalgic. The ol' "Dub-Farmz"... I will accept... hehe... but do you really believe you can beat me?

Y-yeah... OK. Alright Jonas, I'll see you later, in the rec room!

Wow, this is exciting...

So yeah, after this round we'll have an epic video game duel to decide which gamer is the true Engineer.

Anyway, blah blah blah, Gina gets frozen despite everyone ignoring her, who cares, let's get to the good stuff!

Music: Red Alert

Hehe, you're actually pretty good, Jonas. I've never seen anyone hold their own against "Game Captor S" so well.

Hehe, I can hold my own against anyone at "WTF?! Human Farm". I've been playing it for several centuries, after all.

Nope! I'm gonna stop him! "Satan's Naughty Satellite"!

AND THE WINNER IS...

Music: In the Unknown Ship

That's right! Jonas has managed to take down the legendary Game Captor S himself!

...Well then!

Oh yeah, Jonas has kinda been around a while despite being 33ish. Oh well, I'm sure that's not relevant!

Also, fun fact, whoever wins depends on who is the actual Gnosia. In my first playthrough, Shigemichi was the winner and of course also revealed himself as Gnosia to the same results.

It was also one of the last events I unlocked, while here I lucked out in getting it on Loop 20.

Not to be lost in all of this is that Shigemichi must be the true Engineer, so he's an obvious target to keep around.

I'm sure this will be fine...

Our only report is that Shigemichi says SQ must be Gnosia. Which means that SQ must be Gnosia.

Kukrushka takes this time to make the sole Doctor claim and say Jonas was Gnosia (duh). Doctor report also reveals Gina was human.

The real Doctor could've been Gina or Raqio, so we can't trust her yet for stating the obvious with Jonas.

Anyway, logically Shigemichi must be the Engineer, which means SQ must be Gnosia.

That said, Cassidy's Logic is crap, and they don't have the skills to call out Definite Human/Enemy, so it's a challenge just to convince others that SQ is a threat. If Raqio were still alive, we could just rely on them to take charge here, but of course they had to die earlier. Of course, Yuriko and Setsu and a couple other characters also like to logic things out, but they just...don't here.

There's a possibility that the regular AI logic-deciding stuff might be thrown off by Jonas being called out via cutscene, or to the AI "An idiot inadvertently saying they're Gnosia" doesn't count as them actually being Gnosia. It's also possible that Cassidy just sucks too much to argue the logic side of things, as there's a difference between being able to use basic logic to deduce things and actually arguing that logic effectively. As much as Raqio sucks with social scenarios in general, explaining logic (off-screen of course) is something no one else can rival them at.

Instead, the targets shift to Chipie and Comet, with the latter getting iced.

Poor Cassidy and Shigemichi.

Reports:

Kukrushka (?.D) - Comet was Human.

Shigemichi (H.E) - Yuriko is Human.

Chipie finally joins us in calling out SQ, but he's the only one.

Cassidy defends Shigemichi, and then Yuriko uses a new skill, Seek Agreement, to encourage others to also defend Shigemichi. It makes since, since the two are allies and all.

Of course, this turns out to be a chaotic round, so it's a three-way tie.

Unfortunately, we lose one of our anti-SQ allies in the process.

Losing Yuriko also sucks since she was apparently human after all.

Reports:

Shigemichi (H.E) - Cassidy is Human.

Kukrushka (?.D) - Chipie was Human.

Kind of a waste for Shigemichi's investigation, but I guess it makes sense from his end since we've been so loyal to him (As GA, I've been protecting him every night) so he wants to make sure we're not messing with him as cover or anything.

There's a collab between SQ and Kukrushka, ugh. Eliminating SQ just got more difficult.

Otherwise, everyone goes after Stella, and she ends up a pretty easy target. The only reason it wasn't bigger was because Cassidy and Shigemichi are zeroed in on SQ every round.

Anyway, let's shake things up with another event.

Music: Enjoying My Routine

This time, it's Kukrushka and Otome chatting it up in the lobby. Well, as much as Kukrushka can chat it up, anyway...

*Squeak squeak!* Oh Kukrushka, you're so hilarious!

The screen shifts back and forth to suggest this effect.

You asked the two of them what they're doing.

*Squeak squeak...* Cassidy... Kukrushka was just telling me a funny story. It was SO hilarious...
(Kukrushka quietly spins her head around.)

Um, well, you see... Kukrushka is speaking through gestures.

(She nods with a smile.)
Kukrushka is amazing, being able to communicate like this! But... while it certainly is amazing, she only uses it to tell funny stories.

(She shakes her head.)

You know, that doesn't really surprise me...

Kukrushka's new fact is something we've already clearly seen in action, while Otome's makes sense considering she's a beluga whale dolphin apparently.

Anyway we're dead, rip. We were doing so well too, well besides the obvious with SQ. And those idiots will probably let her win. Oh well, I tried!

There's also unique lines for when events happen mid-debate.

And the only reason Chipie joined us against SQ was because he caught her lying. Oh well.

This time I figure out to re-enable the other roles when I was wondering why I couldn't choose AC Follower.

The idea here is I got a request to show off claiming a role while not on the crew-side, so I figured I could be a bit more reckless doing it as an AC Follower. Plus since it's incredibly difficult to win as an AC Follower anyway, I won't feel bad when I inevitably get caught lying and frozen as a result.

I generally try to avoid claiming roles as a Bug or Gnosia-sided role because my personal playstyle in Gnosia (and really other social deduction games) is to avoid claiming roles in general, preferring to lay low. But hey, it's a LP, so I want to show off as much as I can, plus it'll be nice to push myself outside my comfort zone and slowly learn to get better at it for future games.

Oops... Looks like the light of my life just might be about to get extinguished. These Gnosia, they don't mess around...

Good news, sort of! Sha-Ming is alive for this loop!

Things start off bad, with Cassidy being the first target overall, with a good amount of support no less.

There's "State Role" and "Step Forward". Step Forward asks a role to step forward, while State Role has you state what role you are. You can usually tell which is which based on the roles available.

Doesn't stop me from confusing the two constantly. Anyway, I got Raqio and Jonas to claim Doctor.

Well, that leaves us claiming Engineer. I figured Doctor would be easier, but there's a slightly greater risk of being exposed through logic if we mess up our Doctor reports, so Engineer is fine. It also turns out that Sha-Ming is the real Engineer. That's...interesting. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for us.

Of course, we have no idea who the Gnosia are, but it's better to defend people than accuse them early on.

Stop me if you've heard this one before, but Raqio gets iced on Day 1.

We're getting a good number of events this update! That's why it's only two loops long!

This one features Comet and SQ.

Music: In the Unknown Ship

Huh? Well that sure was like, totally out of the blue. Why would you even like, ask me that?
You just seem kinda, I don't know, "not very human". Like some kinda unknown being.
Cassidy! Cassidy! I'm being like, totally attacked right now, riiiight?!

Hehe, OMG I'm gonna like, totally blush if you keep staring like that!
I can't even tell if you're serious or not! So are you? Or aren't you?!
I am, I am! I'm like, totally human. I totally don't even like, lie or whatever.

You don't have to like, be like that...

You answered that you are indeed human.

Cassidy is human. Unfortunately.

This actually might be pretty useful. I'll try asking everyone next time. "Are you human?"

SQ's not wrong.

Anyway, this is a fun ability to use if you're human-sided and have high Intuition. You make people say they're human, in the hopes of you (or other high-Int characters like Comet) catching Gnosia in a lie, plus it also raises suspicion on those who don't respond. Of course, sometimes humans won't play along on principle, particularly more stubborn characters like Yuriko, so not responding doesn't mean they're Gnosia or whatever. It gives some good targets, though!

Not sure if this catches AC Followers and Bugs as well.

When you fake a role, you can choose who to investigate (if Engineer) and also whether the target appeared as Human or Gnosia (for both Engineer and Doctor). I decide reporting Kukrushka as human is a good way to get her on my side, as a loyal Kukrushka is a powerful ally, even if she really is human.

Someone named Gina disappeared.

Reports:

Sha-Ming (H.E) - Yuriko is Human
Cassidy (AC.E) - Kukrushka is Human

Jonas (?.D) - Raqio was Gnosia.

A nice bonus of faking Engineer is we alone know Sha-Ming's reports are legit, so we can use those to our advantage as the AC Follower to try to find our allies. In this case, we know Yuriko is not an ally.

Jonas's report makes sense regardless of what he is, so nothing to work with there.

A bit of suspicion on Stella to start, followed by Otome and Setsu revealing as Guard Duty. Hmm...

This gets followed up by-

Music: Back Street Cats

For me, well, she's got this beautiful black hair... Haha, I guess I'll never see her again, but still...
Um, we're talking about people we like? I'd... really like to see the professor who created me again...
Yes... Everyone on this ship is so wonderful. Hehe, how embarrassing!

Yeah, we'll get into this in a bit.

Oddly, we seem to be doing well so far! Kukrushka and Otome are on our side so far.

It's a bit of a mess, but it ends up being Chipie who gets iced.

Anyway, let's see just what the hell Sha-Ming was up to during that debate.

Music: For Your Fun

You ask Sha-Ming what the hell he's talking about.

I started talking about random bullshit - on purpose! That kinda throws them Gnosia off their game, ya know? They start thinkin' like, "I can't even be bothered to eliminate this loser." If they don't feel like dealing with you, you got a better chance of survival!

I'd say that's true, but he's telling this to the sole person who counter-claimed him as Engineer, and thus someone who's a clear enemy to him...

I mean, this scene just happens independently of what's going on in the game, I just think it's a funny coincidence.

Anyway, this unlocks the Small Talk skill, which takes a lot of heat off you when you use it. It's apparently pretty powerful, and it's also fun to use. There's three topics available (Food, Love, and Scary Stories) with each character having a line for them. Some characters will pretty much never get involved in Small Talk (particularly Yuriko), but it's a fun way to learn about people and also get the focus off yourself.

I'll show off unique ones as they pop up.

I don't know if Jonas is human or not, but there's no harm in saying he's human. If he is human, we don't blow our cover if he dies. If he's Gnosia, he knows we're an AC Follower or Bug and thus a potential ally.

That's fine with me, Setsu's a threat when they're against you.

Reports:

Jonas (?.D) - Chipie was Human

Cassidy (AC.E) - Jonas is Human
Sha-Ming (H.E) - Kukrushka is Gnosia.

Well, that helps Cassidy out more than anything if the rest of the crew is trusting us! We now know Kukrushka is our Gnosia ally, so we can focus on defending her when possible.

Huh? Whose baby would I wanna have? C'mon, I can't talk about that in front of everyone!

Sha-Ming's not the only NPC that can initiate Small Talk, and it can also be shut down by some NPCs, Kukrushka in particular.

Things get dicey for a moment when Stella, SQ, and Sha-Ming call us out.

But Otome and Kukrushka are solidly on our side, so at least we're not alone this time!

We also take this opportunity to go after Sha-Ming and try to establish ourselves as the true Engineer.

Otome, confirmed human, goes out of her way to say Cassidy is cool. Even Remnan agrees!

Luckily all this Cassidy hate is for nothing, as only Stella voted against us.

Despite our BFF Kukrushka trying to get more focus on Sha-Ming, it's Remnan who goes to the fridge. A shame since he could've been another great ally...

You know, I'm not taking kindly to Stella trying to take us out. That seems totally like something a Gnosia would do, don't you think?

Oh, Kukrushka. Why would you do this? Luckily he can be explained away as an AC Follower, but still, this won't look good for Cassidy...

I appreciate Yuriko mourning Sha-Ming's loss in her own unique way. Setsu would be so proud...

Reports:

Cassidy (AC.E) - Stella is Gnosia.

Jonas (?.D) - Remnan was Human.

Yep, it's already beginning. This is not good. Thanks, Kukrushka...

SQ targets Otome. A confirmed human.

Yeah.

Shigemichi tries to start up small talk, but Kukrushka shoots him down as well.

Now both Cassidy and Kukrushka are being targeted. Oof.

As a hail mary, I go after Stella.

It...delays the inevitable, I guess! On the bright side, neither Kukrushka nor Otome voted for Stella, so we may have a chance to survive this after all.

Comet really has it out for us, but at this point my best chance is to go all-out against Stella.

And...

...success! I gotta admit, I was not expecting to pull this off, let alone to this level. I mean, even Yuriko voted with us, and she hates Cassidy!

Of course we pay a visit to our other BFF Otome. We may want the Gnosia scourge to wipe out humanity, but Otome isn't "technically" part of humanity, so I hope she gets to stick around!

We don't want to call out too many Gnosia or else we might get exposed with logic, and Yuriko seems pretty solidly human, so let's go with that.

Well, that's a shame.

Reports:

Cassidy (AC.E) - Yuriko is Human.

Jonas (?.D) - Stella was Gnosia.

If Stella was indeed Gnosia, taking her out kinda sucks, except she really wanted to see us gone, so not really. She might've thought we were the Bug, so that's understandable, but still. No one stands in Cassidy's way, friend or foe.

Comet goes very hard this round, leading discussions against Jonas, Kukrushka, and Cassidy at various points.

Even though Yuriko changed her mind, she was persuasive enough to get SQ ousted. I'm fine with that, SQ was another person adamantly against Cassidy.

At this point, we can only report on Comet and Otome left. Reporting on Otome is stupid, and Comet's really starting to get annoying, so let's take care of her.

Oof. Not good. Either the GA or the Bug struck here.

Reports:

Cassidy (AC.E) - Comet is Gnosia.

Jonas (?.D) - SQ was Human.

I've got bad news.

Otome doesn't trust us anymore.

I guess it's just Cassidy and Kukrushka against the world...!

You asserted that you really are human.
Hm... Let it be known. I, my own self, am, indeed... HU-MAN!

OK, cool, got it. Thanks. So, why didn't the rest of you guys say it? That's pretty sketchy, you know.

The writing's on the wall at this point.

We try to target Comet, and it works juuuuust enough to split the vote.

We managed to cheat death once, can we do it again...?

Nope!

Sorry, Kukrushka. Please take care of the rest of these pathetic humans for us! For the glory of Gnos!

Yeeeeeeah, not gonna happen. Humans know Kukrushka is the Gnosia, she's gone in the next jump.

Turns out Stella was indeed the second Gnosia, while the last one was loving Raqio. Of course.

SQ was the first to catch us in a lie. Since she was the Bug, she probably didn't really give a poo poo, but basically used us as an easy scapegoat to take attention off her.

Also this was just a coincidence, as "Let's talk about love." happened right before Otome decided to defend us. Still, I feel bad I broke Otome's heart like that.

Of course, Comet zeroed in on Kukrushka relatively early on.

And Cassidy not much long after. This again comes back to the "meat of the lie", as despite Stella actually turning out to be Gnosia, Cassidy was still lying because they didn't know Stella was Gnosia when they said it.

Of course, the GA protected the target, in this case Comet. In all honestly, this was a good thing, as we would've been exposed as a Definite Enemy if Comet did get killed. I mean, it was still obvious Cassidy was a fake at this point, but at least we had an argument that we were the real Engineer.

Not that it mattered after we reported Comet as lying. Comet already knew Cassidy and Kukrushka were liars, Yuriko probably knows now after protecting Comet from death, and now Jonas and Otome finally caught Cassidy lying on the last day. If not for that last lie getting caught, then with Otome we might have actually been able to take out Comet. Ah well, still made it a lot farther than I expected, so I'm happy.

Still open to suggestions for next time. For now, we're just still playing around, unlocking events and skills and doing whatever stuff sounds fun, so feel free to give suggestions for whatever weird stuff you want to see! We can also alter our stats now in a roundabout way so if you want to see stuff like high-Intuition runs or whatever let me know! Until next loop!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jonas.jpg

I'm sure Say you're human* can catch bugs into a lie, I'm not fully sure on AC followers but I think not.
The character initiating it has to speak up first (to avoid gnosia Cassidy getting ideasTM) and it automatically skips any confirmed crew, usually guard duty.

*Otome's line mentions she's technically not human.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Of course, the GA protected the target, in this case Comet. In all honestly, this was a good thing, as we would've been exposed as a Definite Enemy if Comet did get killed. I mean, it was still obvious Cassidy was a fake at this point, but at least we had an argument that we were the real Engineer.

Actually I did have similar happen in one of the rare times I fakeclaimed, turns out the game is smart enough to forcibly revise your investigation claim to Human if someone dies the same night you chose to say they were Gnosia.

EDIT: oh wait though if Comet had died you would have claimed everyone left alive was human, though, and that also doesn't work, oops.

ArashiKurobara fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 30, 2021

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mega64 posted:

Kukrushka's new fact is something we've already clearly seen in action, while Otome's makes sense considering she's a beluga whale dolphin apparently.

Don't you start too, Mega! She's definitely a beluga.

I'm a marine biologist, I know these things! I have a skill for this. "Definitely beluga" yes. Something like that.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm a marine biologist, I know these things! I have a skill for this. "Definitely beluga" yes. Something like that.

I dunno, this is starting to sound awfully suspicious. Would you be willing to tell us if you're human or not? :tinfoil:

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

(Noticed that Silver Falcon was lying.)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

A Real Horse posted:

(Noticed that Silver Falcon was lying.)
By the way, who are the intuitive characters apart from Comet? Can't check the stat spreads right now.

Obviously Yuriko because she's everything, then I think Gina, Otome and Kukrushka, in no particular order?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Omobono posted:

By the way, who are the intuitive characters apart from Comet? Can't check the stat spreads right now.

Obviously Yuriko because she's everything, then I think Gina, Otome and Kukrushka, in no particular order?

Chipie and Remnan are good at spotting lies too. Gina is actually very bad at it to begin with.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I didn't even know that the videogame scene was different depending on who the Gnosia is! Neato!

Although the Shiggy version is much better since he just blurts out "YEAH I WON! THAT"S THE POWER OF GNOSIA!" music goes dead silent as everybody has a reaction shot then the last thing he gets to say is "poo poo..." before getting immediately frozen.

Also i will say, it's VERY rare to see SQ actually catching people lying. A shame you were an AC follower that run, it probably won't happen again for a while :v:

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Omobono posted:

Going off of a zero to ten scale (working under the assumption that learning about a character increases their stats based on their circle graph distribution instead of softening weak points) I'd rate the amount of intuition characters have as:

- Gina is 1.5/10
- SQ is 4.5/10
- Raqio is 0/10
- Stella is 4.5/10
- Shigemichi is 3/10
- Setsu is 5/10
- Chiple is 8/10
- Comet is, of course, 10/10
- Jonas is 5/10
- Kukrushka is 7/10
- Sha-Ming is 0.5/10
- Yuriko is 9/10
- Otome is 6/10
- Remnan is 8/10

Basically, Gina, Raqio, Shigemichi and Sha-Ming will consistently have a hard time spotting lies. SQ, Setsu, Stella, Jonas and Otome aren't great at spotting lies but you can't underestimate them either. Good luck fooling Yuriko, Chiple, Kukrushka, Remnan and/or Comet though.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I'm curious about how Cover actually works. I haven't used it much; it seems more like a public collaboration declaration if the person doing the Covering isn't a Confirmed Human.

Mega64 posted:

I want to say this happens rarely, but I don't know for sure whether this is a one-time thing or something that can pop up every now and then.

I've had it happen in two or three games so far, so it's an occasional thing.

quote:

:cripes:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of telling lies, claiming a role is probably the worst thing you can do as AC Follower if you don't have good Performance, since every report you make is a lie (regardless of whether you're correct or not, you're lying that you know their side) and you are compelled to make a report every day. The threat of being caught out in your lies keeps ramping up even if you don't make any logical errors or get your lies betrayed by the gnosia themselves. On the other hand, for the same reason, once you've figured out who is on your side you can throw around your doubts and supports with wild abandon as long as it's not actually confirmed - the game can't tell between you lying to support gnosia Kukrushka and you thinking she's human but being wrong.

The inverse is true for gnosia. If Cassidy is gnosia and claims a role, then they already know who all the humans and gnosia are, so they won't be lying if they give a truthful answer. Of course, you'll want to tell a couple of lies in order to actually misdirect people, but you still get control over how much you're lying. Conversely, you're going to have trouble attacking humans or defending your allies, because those are concrete lies.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Meh, gently caress it, Yuriko works for this dumb :effort: thing

Speaking of: I did a dumb :effort: thing

(Couldn't really fix the dialogue gushing at Edge though)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

I'm curious about how Cover actually works. I haven't used it much; it seems more like a public collaboration declaration if the person doing the Covering isn't a Confirmed Human.

As you've probably guessed, Cover works the opposite of Doubt. These are about more than just declaring who you think is on your side; they're like attacks and heals against their credibility, with the effectiveness depending on your Logic and Performance stats. If you keep hammering on the same person with Doubt then you'll gradually win over people who were on the fence about them, and similarly a well-timed Cover with the stats to back it up can save someone from the freezer.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ah, so “Gnosia” just means “Gamer.”

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

OK I was not expecting the video game challenge and that was beautiful. Just scrolling through everyone being astounded he was that stupid before immediately giving you the cold sleep message.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I love the Jonas version of it because he doesn't even realize what's wrong with his statement, it's just a smash cut to the fridge.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do characters like Sha-Ming or Remnan tend to not fake claim as Gnosia, considering their deals are staying under the radar and being a Doc/Eng claim means they are going to be paid attention to?

Raqio as Gnosia obviously hits the Fake Claim Eng/Doc button hard, but do other characters have general tendencies as for Fake Claiming?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Omobono posted:

Meh, gently caress it, Yuriko works for this dumb :effort: thing

Speaking of: I did a dumb :effort: thing

(Couldn't really fix the dialogue gushing at Edge though)

Made a quick edit to the text for you.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks. Copy/paste is the extent of my manipulation "skills".

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Mega64 posted:

Only been playing a few days but she has done it like 5 times for me.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Suggestion: Show off what happens if you're the real doctor/engineer and don't claim when it comes up. I've never actually done it myself, so I'm curious how it goes.

Tenebrais posted:

As you've probably guessed, Cover works the opposite of Doubt. These are about more than just declaring who you think is on your side; they're like attacks and heals against their credibility, with the effectiveness depending on your Logic and Performance stats. If you keep hammering on the same person with Doubt then you'll gradually win over people who were on the fence about them, and similarly a well-timed Cover with the stats to back it up can save someone from the freezer.
Yup. Boosts the trust/likeability of the character to others(dependent on your stats and presumably how much other people like/trust you), makes the character in question like(maybe trust?) you more. I don't use it much but it's good if the arguments are focusing on two characters, you're 99% sure one is trustworthy, and the other is hard to get accusations to stick to. Or if you're gnosia and trying to get an emotion-based character like Kukrushka on your side.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Just in case anyone's curious, Setsu's pre-game kill of Sha-Ming happens AFTER roles are assigned. I didn't know this the first time I saw it happen, and happily backed Otome who was the only Day 1 Engineer claim. Imagine my surprise when I suddenly caught Otome lying a few days later, because it turned out Sha-Ming was the Engineer. Otome immediately got frozen, but I was next because I had been defending him so much.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

whitehelm posted:

Just in case anyone's curious, Setsu's pre-game kill of Sha-Ming happens AFTER roles are assigned. I didn't know this the first time I saw it happen, and happily backed Otome who was the only Day 1 Engineer claim. Imagine my surprise when I suddenly caught Otome lying a few days later, because it turned out Sha-Ming was the Engineer. Otome immediately got frozen, but I was next because I had been defending him so much.
What happens in a 1 Gnosia game when Sha-Ming is the only Gnosia?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

BisbyWorl posted:

Made a quick edit to the text for you.

It's good, but it needs to be more along the lines of "throw them in the freezer!"

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Edit: NVM, realized post was more suited to the general thread. Looking forward to your next update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dirk the Average posted:

It's good, but it needs to be more along the lines of "throw them in the freezer!"