Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

He did sound a bit out of it after the race. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a concussion from the car that fell on his head.

George going to take that seat early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I thought this person was joking till I saw the second reply

“No hes not! max is the most sane person on the grid and I have independently confirmed it by thinking about it”

thats a perfectly crafted sentence for winding people up. Im stealing that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also f1 is a very easy sport to catch up on history wise since it’s just 20-35 people and not 32 teams of 53 people.

I’ve been watching since 2018 and I feel like I pretty much know everything that’s happened in the last two decades just by osmosis.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

your friend wicka posted:

also if you don't love McLaren you'll get banned

You need to keep at least some Ferrari fans around surely? Being a McLaren fan without Ferrari fans to argue with would be a grey and pointless existence.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I was definitely putting the blame on Lewis for the crash for not giving any space out of the corner. I hadn't even paid close enough attention to call what Max did a dive bomb. But, Lewis had every right and space to move to the edge of the track if he wanted (In which case Max would be the one grateful for the halo) and Max was not even remotely alongside him until they were at the turn in, which is way too late for that sort of adjustment without just completely giving up the corner and position, which Lewis was well within position to not be required to.

Meanwhile here's Lewis fully alongside on lap 1 before and entering the corner. And Max doing a British GP on Lewis and not even remotely making the corner, so badly that he also barely even made the next corner

Sure, they're both aggressive, but you can't defend Max and attack Lewis when it's the same drat thing. Remind me, which of the 2 has failed to finish over 1/5th of their races? It's nice to see Lewis have a legitimate challenge for the top spot, but Max needs to remove his head from his rear end and start learning from his constant spree of own goals.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Nobody cares about Max and Lewis anymore, it's all about the good lads at McLaren. For any new posters just ignore all the boring rubbish about red bull and merc and their big fail drivers, because from now on they'll be fighting for scraps as the new era of McLaren dominance begins.

subscribe!

Yeah, it sucks that this thread is 85% about max hate, 14% about lew love and 1 % everyone else.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

please

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

subscribe!

Yeah, it sucks that this thread is 85% about max hate, 14% about lew love and 1 % everyone else.

85% hate target changes pretty regularly. A lot of us hated Vettel for the longest time, now he is loved.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Slickdrac posted:

I was definitely putting the blame on Lewis for the crash for not giving any space out of the corner. I hadn't even paid close enough attention to call what Max did a dive bomb. But, Lewis had every right and space to move to the edge of the track if he wanted (In which case Max would be the one grateful for the halo) and Max was not even remotely alongside him until they were at the turn in, which is way too late for that sort of adjustment without just completely giving up the corner and position, which Lewis was well within position to not be required to.

Meanwhile here's Lewis fully alongside on lap 1 before and entering the corner. And Max doing a British GP on Lewis and not even remotely making the corner, so badly that he also barely even made the next corner

Sure, they're both aggressive, but you can't defend Max and attack Lewis when it's the same drat thing. Remind me, which of the 2 has failed to finish over 1/5th of their races? It's nice to see Lewis have a legitimate challenge for the top spot, but Max needs to remove his head from his rear end and start learning from his constant spree of own goals.

lol imagine reading this

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
also i feel like all the randos who appeared in this thread because they wanted a probe should know that ferrari fuckin own and everyone itt loves ferrari

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

POCKET CHOMP posted:

also i feel like all the randos who appeared in this thread because they wanted a probe should know that ferrari fuckin own and everyone itt loves ferrari

Ferrari = Old and busted

McLaren = New hotness.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

POCKET CHOMP posted:

If the mods don’t probate this then they are contributing to the misinformation plague that society is currently dealing with.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

actually we call it scudiarrhea failrarri

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

If the mods don’t probate this then they are contributing to the misinformation plague that society is currently dealing with.

Don't you know that a shoey is going to replace Ivermectin as the new covid cure?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I was worried about this, neck injuries can take weeks to present sometimes, he looked really shaken yesterday too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Why does everyone keep talking about T1? It's the entry to T2 that counts, and max was alongside for that?

Also to all the new people coming out of the woodwork, :justpost:. If you've read the thread then you've seen the low bar for posting this thread has

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A neck injury in your mid 30s sounds like a bad time for an f1 driver.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Woah! A lot of posts to wake up to.

I will have some goodies for you all soon :)

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Slickdrac posted:

Sure, they're both aggressive, but you can't defend Max and attack Lewis when it's the same drat thing.
Agreed, they were both fine, that poo poo happens sometimes. No big deal, everyone is just turbomad because Lewis ended up with an ill-fitting Max hat.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I understand it's a non-typical angle of attack but if the air scoop is purely cosmetic, what were they thinking not having a back half of the halo that angles up!?

(Yes I'm aware of the struggle it was to even have the halo included on the cars, it just seems like an idiotic oversight given the ink spilled over it. )

Carrier
May 12, 2009

still laughing at the bottas pic

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

boop the snoot posted:

A neck injury in your mid 30s sounds like a bad time for an f1 driver.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crameltonian posted:

You need to keep at least some Ferrari fans around surely? Being a McLaren fan without Ferrari fans to argue with would be a grey and pointless existence.

The role of Ferrari fans will be played by McLaren fans who really like Carlos Sainz Jr

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Finally a good post in this thread.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Testing

:lando:

A new F1 gangtag is available as well. I applied it to a few of you already. :)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If Max prematurely ends Lewis's career I will never forgive him

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

LETS GO BOIS

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hell yes Get In There McLaren Bois!

:lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando::lando:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
:lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

fenix down posted:

I read the last 100 pages or so and will "get in there" eventually. Right now I'm just in awe of how insane this sport is.

I kinda wanna buy a Haas shirt as a joke, but maybe we shouldn't be encouraging them?

i want to redesign a haas f1 shirt to say khlav kalash f1 to keep my lovely joke going but :effort:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

Please give if possible

edit: oh poo poo too slow.

no excuses for not rooting for the PAPAYA BOIS on top of whoever you are rooting for...

refleks fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 13, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
get in there

thanks for the tag prag!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

the papaya bois have done more for this thread in one race than max/lewis have in an entire season

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I need a new av because max can’t be on top of the good lads

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

boop the snoot posted:

gonna buy you a zak brown

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

add #theblessedone between them so it accurately portrays the events of sunday.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I think both Max and Lew were a bit out of it, but so was every one else, like we all dodged a bullet. They never showed Max or Lewis arriving at their pits post crash. It's also kinda strange they didn't get a ride in the medical car.

I never noticed that Max tried to gun it with his wheel on Lewis' head, but I did notice Lewis trying to reverse while Max was standing on top of his car getting out. While dangerous, I don't think it matters - they both seemed to be super high on adrenaline. Max literally strolled down the middle of the track for a while.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Mokotow posted:

I think both Max and Lew were a bit out of it, but so was every one else, like we all dodged a bullet. They never showed Max or Lewis arriving at their pits post crash. It's also kinda strange they didn't get a ride in the medical car.

I never noticed that Max tried to gun it with his wheel on Lewis' head, but I did notice Lewis trying to reverse while Max was standing on top of his car getting out. While dangerous, I don't think it matters - they both seemed to be super high on adrenaline. Max literally strolled down the middle of the track for a while.

F1TV followed Max going into the pit. Think his first words to Helmut was "that's what you get when you don't leave the space"

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

Testing

This rules and McLaren is the best, very poggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

I need this but below get in there lewis (where mclaren belongs when lewis isn't being murdered )