Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's the France of Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warbird posted:

Is Quebec the Florida of Canada?

Depends, does Quebec also have less powerful anonymity laws for people that lets them report on people's first and last names after tearing their shirts and screaming at employees in a Walmart?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Holy poo poo people sure are eager to defend racism to Pat and Paige alright :stare:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The guy calling english speakers in Quebec colonists was funny as hell. 18 tweet thread that ends with how much he doesn't care. All tweets in english of course

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The guy calling english speakers in Quebec colonists was funny as hell. 18 tweet thread that ends with how much he doesn't care. All tweets in english of course

I'm wondering where he thinks the Quebecois come from, you know, like, how the french language/blood came to the north American continent. Like what process got it here.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah, tremendous guffaw at that considering how Quebec treats indigenous folks. Like Canada is pretty bad in general on that front, but Quebec gets loving fiendish

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJw_JCnUf4g

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I've been watching Woolie's Metroid Dread LP, and I really like it! Woolie should consider doing more solo LPs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, tremendous guffaw at that considering how Quebec treats indigenous folks. Like Canada is pretty bad in general on that front, but Quebec gets loving fiendish

*Deep soul-crushing sigh*

God I hate this loving Province and Country.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Warbird posted:

Is Quebec the Florida of Canada?

Alberta is Texas-lite. Manitoba is probably Mississippi with all the religious nutjobs running the provincial legislature. Quebec isn't really like Florida, however. Depending on where you are it's its own blend of fuckedupedness and good loving luck to you if you're indigenous. The Pontiac is alright but most of them speak English anyways since they're right along the provincial border.

Really sucks for them that they have to leave Montreal. I hope they can find a place to stay that isn't abysmally overpriced.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's funny cause New France was notable for it's good treatment of natives (we're grading on a curve here), leading to the Great Peace of Montréal. Now we're just as bad or worse than the rest of Canada, with it's Starlight Tours and Residential Schools.

GG.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Also all the Quebec racists being pissed off our new GG Mary Simon is bilingual but doesn't speak French (as if residential school victims were given the choice)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

When I think about Quebec french language protectionism, I always think about the lady who was almost certainly bilingual who came into the Subway I worked at in high school, asked if there was anyone who spoke french, then got kinda huffy when there wasn't and made all her requests in very exaggerated franglish.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Alberta is Texas-lite. Manitoba is probably Mississippi with all the religious nutjobs running the provincial legislature. Quebec isn't really like Florida, however. Depending on where you are it's its own blend of fuckedupedness and good loving luck to you if you're indigenous. The Pontiac is alright but most of them speak English anyways since they're right along the provincial border.

Really sucks for them that they have to leave Montreal. I hope they can find a place to stay that isn't abysmally overpriced.
How are house prices right outside of Ottawa?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Grouchio posted:

How are house prices right outside of Ottawa?

About 660k in the city itself is the average. Outside of Ottawa it fluctuates but it's still expensive unless you want to live in a dump.

Or you could always live the ephemeral life of apartment rentals

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The "Kill the Mind Goblins" stream series is just a ploy for Pat to poo poo his pants and vomit on stream, generating enough revenue to buy any house in the country.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
French is one of the shittiest languages ever, it surprises me reading this thread how protective some Canadians are of it. I guess it's a stockholm syndrome thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

imagine speaking english and throwing shade at an other language

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Was it the Woolie clam that bought the place they’re in or was that Pat? It feels like they moved in pretty recently but given the state of affairs as of late it could have been 5 years ago for all I can tell. Hopefully they don’t take a bath on the place.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Andrast posted:

I mean, sure, but also, gendering nouns and conjugating verbs.

It almost feels like someone wanted to deliberately make it hard to learn.

English seems to be bad as a product of being a bastard language that absorbs things from other languages into itself like a horrifying blob creature.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

English seems to be bad as a product of being a bastard language that absorbs things from other languages into itself like a horrifying blob creature.

That's every single language

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Andrast posted:

That's every single language

French has a whole academy of posho fucks ruling over it with an iron fist and leaving burning poop on the doorsteps of people who say "le weekend"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

French has a whole academy of posho fucks ruling over it with an iron fist and leaving burning poop on the doorsteps of people who say "le weekend"

and yet it has still done the exact same thing of being a weird bastard language that has absorbed a shitton of stuff

That's how languages work.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

English is not my first language

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

English is not my first language

does not change the point

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

does not change the point

Don't look at me, I didn't choose which language people use mostly on the internet

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Obviously everyone should use finnish

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dabir posted:

Wait are you saying I shouldn’t do that to the homes of Reddit users?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Language is dumb we should all communicate in dance

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

Obviously everyone should use finnish

all of the internet aglutinates into one unending word

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Talk to older Québécois and they all have horror stories about how anglos used to rule over the Province with an iron fist and when speaking french they'd be told to "Speak White". This is, quite obviously, an extremely exaggerrated version of events, twisted by decades of culture war.

Anyone here ever read the Smurfs? The original Belgian comic books? One of the early books has the whole Smurf village split in two because of rivalry between the Northern Smurfs and the Southern Smurfs and where they put "Smurf" in their sentences. This was a barely veiled critique of the culture war between French-speakers and Dutch-speakers and Belgium. And yet, as a francophone kid growing up in 1990s Québec, it resonated with me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

if you can't say something with one word it's not worth saying

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dias posted:

All words are "perrrrrrrrrkele" with just the length of the r roll changing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
from beyond the horizon, you hear a familiar sound

it fills you with dread as it approaches, a harbringer of doom echoing a familiar refrain:

hoes mad
hoes mad
HOES MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3vua9OTnE&hd=1

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dias posted:

from beyond the horizon, you hear a familiar sound

it fills you with dread as it approaches, a harbringer of doom echoing a familiar refrain:

hoes mad
hoes mad
HOES MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3vua9OTnE&hd=1

There better be another Blood Pool, and no cowarding out this time by splitting it.

I want to see someone get stabbed on stream.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

An on stream murder would certainly drive up engagement. Bold plan on Wollie’s part.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hoes mad? Granny what the gently caress?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Hoes mad? Granny what the gently caress?
I really, really miss Little V's collab I hope he returns soon.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grouchio posted:

I really, really miss Little V's collab I hope he returns soon.

Yeah, has there been any word on when/if the Little V collabs are coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Looks like it's off to the anglo provinces for the Boivins
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1448840971404390409?s=20

lol at tax being a reason

that's how you know they're big time now

if her vtuber stuff really takes off they might be libertarians by the end of next year