Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SirPablo posted:

The Jeff abortion plotline was cringe. Felt out of place for Curb and not within Jeff's character.

Cheating on Susie with younger women has been a standard Jeff feature like once per season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Funkman’s crazy sister!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cheating on Susie with younger women has been a standard Jeff feature like once per season.

Well yea. But not "I got her knocked up and paid to have it aborted but I think I'm being extorted".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Well yea. But not "I got her knocked up and paid to have it aborted but I think I'm being extorted".

Sounds like a Jeff plot to me!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sounds like a Jeff plot to me!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

entirely in jeff's wheelhouse. he hosed funkhouser's crazy sister for petes sake.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Dylan O'Brien & The Entrails

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah I know it's for narrative purposes but IRL larry would not be kowtowing to this dylan guy

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, I thought Larry wanted to tank the show so he can get out of the blackmail.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I'm pretty sure that the threat of a lawsuit would continue if the girl didn't get her starring role. Larry accidentally tanked it because he's petty and shortsighted.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is the fence thing a real thing or a conceit for the show?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Is the fence thing a real thing or a conceit for the show?

That's absolutely a wealthy neighborhood ordinance in tons of places. But again, an extremely rich and famous guy's lack of fence leading to the death of a Latino burglar would not cause a stir.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Well I look forward to it becoming a bigger and bigger deal as Larry still refuses to get one and injures himself on it. I can't imagine being wealthy, and if I try, I would fill in my pool but I would never install a fence what even is that.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Yeah it's extra dumb because his yard is already fenced in. Someone already has to climb a fence to potentially drown their dumb selves while burglarizing a house. So a second smaller fence somehow absolves you of any responsibility? I'm picturing a series of fences reducing in size from the house to the pool. Given it's California that's probably not too far away.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Attractive nuisance laws are everywhere

Granted it’s California so there’s gonna be extra laws

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Usually pool fences are for children, not burglars.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SirPablo posted:

Usually pool fences are for children, not burglars.

I’m just surprised Leon didn’t come up with an idea

Street problems require street solutions

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought it was gonna be one of Leon’s conquests.

Last episode was alright tho. I’m liking the last 2 episodes putting a twist on the credits song though. Hope it continues.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I enjoyed the CLEARLY ADR'ed line about the dog actually being okay after all, because someone in production thought it was maybe a bit much to have Larry be directly responsible for pet death by neglect.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

SirPablo posted:

Willie Nobody

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
Him not being able to say the name to stop the dog was stupid imo. I enjoyed the first episode but this one was kinda mediocre. Still happy to have new curb!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That was a rubbish name for a dog though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s a funny gag. Like I can never really muster the will to say “cute”. It’s just not in my vocabulary. I’ll never describe something in real life as “cute”.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's pretty weird man, there are a ton of cute things in the world and i can't imagine having some neurosis about using some basic adjective.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The gag could have worked they just needed a better name to be petty about. Like so dumb even we agree with Larry a little

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

A For Effort posted:

Him not being able to say the name to stop the dog was stupid imo. I enjoyed the first episode but this one was kinda mediocre. Still happy to have new curb!

In both this episode and the last, it feels like some of the faux pas are more contrived than usual. Sometimes you say a dog's name and they don't respond. No one would blame someone for their dog getting away and being hit by a car, especially if they were running after it. A lot of music industry people wear earplugs to concerts. You can still rub dry with a fluffy towel. Having a horde isn't a big deal since shortages on sanitizer, toilet paper, and n95 masks haven't been an issue for about a year. Denis could have double checked his account or checkbook to see if he wrote a check.

It's all still pretty good though. Just the social decorum commentary isn't as sharp as it normally is.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Larry screaming at Jeff and calling him a loving idiot was good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i think the joke is that Denis is a piece of poo poo but nobody believes Larry because he's the boy who always cries wolf

Susie dealing with it firsthand seemed to go nowhere though

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

A For Effort posted:

If I go into a fast food place and see a picture of a rutti-frutti razzleberry milkshake that looks good, I'm not ordering it because I'm not saying that poo poo out loud. I have some dignity.

Not wanting to call a dog Angel Muffin is the same thing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think it's a play on the same kind of social stigma that the first episode had. Once you've seen someone walk into a glass door, they cease to be someone you can take seriously, just like when you see someone call their dog Angel Muffin.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i’d prefer not to say ‘angel muffin’ in public but likely would not be quite so dogmatic about it

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Khanstant posted:

that's pretty weird man, there are a ton of cute things in the world and i can't imagine having some neurosis about using some basic adjective.

You can even use it sarcastically!

I'm so happy this is back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ego-bot posted:

If I go into a fast food place and see a picture of a rutti-frutti razzleberry milkshake that looks good, I'm not ordering it because I'm not saying that poo poo out loud. I have some dignity.

Not wanting to call a dog Angel Muffin is the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4yZT8sT5Q

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
great episode, the jets lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lastdancer posted:

Larry's Mini Bar sounded amazing; I must try Wasabi Peas. Mushroom Jerky! They jerked a fuckin' mushroom!

Haven't seen it but you haven't had wasabi peas?! They're loving incredible

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

This season isn't grabbing me so far. They're also making some odd directing choices, like the camera angles or lenses are weird. I'm probably not explaining it very well but it's visually distracting.

Patton Oswalt fits in pretty well, though.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

the show does seem different, but then again I wouldn't want it to be the same always

regardless, I had fun watching this episode

edit: imagine if they changed the music

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The little stuff is all great but it's got like the opposite of synergy. Still enjoying it though. That last door slam was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2021