Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1464676905291071493

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
IMO it should be Heinen up with the top line and E Rod centering the 4th line with Simon and O'Connor who actually looked pretty legit and NHL. The Boyle/Lafferty thing is funny though 'cause Boyle's only goal came from an extremely good Lafferty pass.

I really do think that that if/when Geno comes back that Carter or Malkin go to the wing. The bottom 6 has been so good that messing too much with those combinations would actually be detrimental to the Penguins success both so far and moving forward. The production and play with E Rod/Heinen has been game winningly good. Simon doesn't quite have the points, but has also been extremely noticable in his positive contributions.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

blessing in disguise letting them sort things out maybe?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Pens would be fine with Carter at 3C and improved if it pushes Boyle out. I could do with never seeing Malkin/Zucker/Kapanen on the ice together ever again, though.

I dunno why you keep talking about Malkin on the wing, that will never happen. Have we heard anything about Malkin lately though? I start to wonder at what point it becomes probable the Pens have a Kucherov situation here.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
with the cases affecting multiple teams now and Omnicron im thinking the NHL isnt going to the olympics

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Pens would be fine with Carter at 3C and improved if it pushes Boyle out. I could do with never seeing Malkin/Zucker/Kapanen on the ice together ever again, though.

I dunno why you keep talking about Malkin on the wing, that will never happen. Have we heard anything about Malkin lately though? I start to wonder at what point it becomes probable the Pens have a Kucherov situation here.
Given that he had knee surgery and is skating pretty well he's gotta be getting close, not the sort of thing that'd keep him out til the post-season unless he has some sort of catastrophic setback
https://twitter.com/MolinariPGH/status/1463516711831887875?s=20

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

clean ayers act posted:

with the cases affecting multiple teams now and Omnicron im thinking the NHL isnt going to the olympics

Great, now the decepticons are coming to gently caress over a season?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Malkin and Kapanen were pretty good together though. Zucker I agree has next to no chemistry with Malkin. But he looks better this year so I guess we better hope it works out since Sullivan will never ever go away from GCR.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

God, took them long enough

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Arivia posted:

blessing in disguise letting them sort things out maybe?

It's a huge blessing and also three games too late

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
https://twitter.com/OhRyanMead/status/1464622372535910408

"Say the line, NHL!"

"The maximum allowable under the CBA"

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Carter on the wing was something that was put forward by both Hex and Sullivan when the trade occurred. I absolutely agree that I would really love to never see Zucker/Malkin/Kapanen ever again. I know I've spent a lot of words on wanting to never see Zucker and Kapanen together. Consistent 2nd line scoring is the one kind of missing ingredient right now. Zucker/Geno is not a combo I particularly like either, but Carter/Zucker is. With Geno's return either way someone on the 2nd line becomes expendable.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ex-canucks-forward-gaudette-credits-crystals-for-confidence

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Jim Benning is also making me consider getting into crystal

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Crystal light isn't so bad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tictactomar/status/1464453848655974404?s=21

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
French media is reporting the Habs have asked the Rangers permission to speak to Jeff Gorton.

How good is Jeff's french?

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I wouldn’t mind the Canucks hiring Gorton from what I know about him. Speaking of which - every morning I wake up lately thinking today is the day the Canucks clean house. Every night I go to bed realizing hope is futile.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Leafs, stop this shenanigans right now.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

stab posted:

French media is reporting the Habs have asked the Rangers permission to speak to Jeff Gorton.

How good is Jeff's french?

That would be a really good move for the Habs. He has his misses but the dude knows how to rebuild.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Did I miss the part where they fired Bergevin? Or are they going to try to hire him to work under Bergevin, in which case :lol::lol:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1464742773760929796

🤔

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

related?

https://twitter.com/russohockey/status/1464751932615143425?s=21

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wait was Benning fired? Why is everyone talking like the Canucks GM position is vacant? Did it happen and I didn't realize it?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

FIRE BERGEVIN

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

fawning deference posted:

Wait was Benning fired? Why is everyone talking like the Canucks GM position is vacant? Did it happen and I didn't realize it?

Benning is not fired and never will be fired. Benning is eternal. (It seems like a moderately safe bet he will be though)

The Canadiens seem to be making changes though.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I love seeing Leafs set fire to California. Roast some Ducks next please.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol Bergevin isn't the problem, it's these goddamned subordinates! It's so hard to find good help these days!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol Bergevin isn't the problem, it's these goddamned subordinates! It's so hard to find good help these days!

Trevor Timmins next plz

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How long does it take for NHL draft picks to actually play in NHL games?

Ex/ in Baseball it is years, in NFL it is typically immediately, etc.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

from immediately to years. hope this helps

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

if they're not immediately playing (maybe the top half of the first round) it's usually three to four years

this is complicated by a bunch of players drafted coming from the canadian youth systems, where it's NHL or bust - those guys either go to the NHL or their Canadian youth teams, and if they stay in the latter then the NHL team usually sends them to the AHL next, etc etc

Baseball, basketball and football generally have flatter draft structures so there's less confusion there (they have odd systems of their own of course but I don't think they interact directly with draft picks at the time they are being drafted in the major league nearly as much)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arivia posted:

if they're not immediately playing (maybe the top half of the first round) it's usually three to four years

this is complicated by a bunch of players drafted coming from the canadian youth systems, where it's NHL or bust - those guys either go to the NHL or their Canadian youth teams, and if they stay in the latter then the NHL team usually sends them to the AHL next, etc etc

Baseball, basketball and football generally have flatter draft structures so there's less confusion there (they have odd systems of their own of course but I don't think they interact directly with draft picks at the time they are being drafted in the major league nearly as much)

The worst is when you have a good prospect who is not quite NHL level but can’t play in the AHL cause Canada says he has to go back to some scrub frozen pond hockey league cause he’s still too young.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Did I miss the part where they fired Bergevin? Or are they going to try to hire him to work under Bergevin, in which case :lol::lol:

Bergevin's contract is ending after the season and has not been renewed. Everyone's understanding is that he's just not gonna stay, and Molson is either waiting to find a replacement or letting time run out, nobody's quite sure.

If Molson's talking to Gorton that's a good sign that they're on their way to firing & replacing Bergevin.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Habs win for the second time on the road this season.

They win 6-3, including 3 ENGs, and Allen needed 43 saves to make it possible.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

MononcQc posted:

Habs win for the second time on the road this season.

They win 6-3, including 3 ENGs, and Allen needed 43 saves to make it possible.

Pittsburgh had 50 shots lol

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

stab posted:

Pittsburgh had 50 shots lol

drat, the TVA overview at the end was wrong. Good job TVA.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Feeling like the Sens are in the Hall/Yakupov/RNH years of a 10-year rebuild, without any of the first overall picks.

Just gotta clear out the entire management/coaching staff. They just put out a powerplay of Tierney-Ennis-Paul-Gambrell-DelZotto, and sadly, that’s likely the best they could do. How on earth does a team that’s trying to “compete” have such awful forward depth? And that’s on top of a defence of Chabot/Zub/4 replacement players collectively getting paid 10 million a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Brendan Lemieux bit Brady Tkachuk, huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKCpGRTw4Q