Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Savage Avengers #26: The wizard Kulan Gath has won and conquered/nearly killed everyone on Earth but thanks to a final gambit by Dr. Strange and Conan, Kang the Conqueror is on their side now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

mind the walrus posted:

An entire generation grew up spanking it to that, myself included

Please do not post about masturbating to the X-Men.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

How Wonderful! posted:

But what if it's Doop?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
There's not a Doop-pass.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please don't post about Doop rear end.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

How Wonderful! posted:

I beg your pardon, Beast was just too sexy to resist.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The newest One-Punch Man just dropped in Japan, no context I just think these panels are rad as hell

Spoilered just to be safe

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Has Murata ever done colour panels for One Punch Man before? These are the first ones I've seen. Really cool stuff!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's done an animation recently
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1440944255011225601

And these were coloured pages joined together to create an animation.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Oh yeah, I've seen these before! I guess I forgot about them/ I keep up with the series in pocket form, so I miss out on all of the excellent bits of quasi-animation from the digital version.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Infinitum posted:

He's done an animation recently
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1440944255011225601

these are higher quality animations than the second season of the show lol

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

site posted:

these are higher quality animations than the second season of the show lol

Flipbooks have better animation than the second season.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Is the second season on Netflix now?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't know but i can tell you, you definitely don't want to know either

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like One Punch Man in general but it definitely feels it has kind of strayed from the path with the whole Monster Society arc.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

One Punch Man season 2 is underrated in my book. I love Madhouse as much as anybody though of course.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I like One Punch Man in general but it definitely feels it has kind of strayed from the path with the whole Monster Society arc.

A crossover with Shazam is definitely not what I'd expect either! :v:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Madhouse does amazing things, but the first season of One Punch Man was an amazing intersection of top talents from all over the industry so it's hard to compare anything else to it.

As far as the manga goes, poo poo's getting real weird right now, and it kind of feels like it's heading toward a climax. It feels less like it's going off the rails and more like there is simply no track left and the train is barreling through the trees with nothing to guide it toward a spectacular end.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I think every page is both more gorgeous and less interesting than the last. The early chapters mixed spectacle with humor and character, but we've been in pure spectacle land for years now. Saitama and Genos cameo sometimes in a series hjiacked by beautifully drawn meaningless slapfights. Garou is the least interesting villain to ever smirk-punch, and he's the best of the thin gruel of short-lived opposition.

Folks should watch Mob Pyscho instead. A great dynamic cast of heroes and antagonists, gorgeous animation, and consistent pacing throughout.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alacron posted:

The newest One-Punch Man just dropped in Japan, no context I just think these panels are rad as hell

Spoilered just to be safe

I can't comment on OPM save to say that I really enjoyed the first season like fuckin everybody else, but also these panels gave me this incredible frisson of horror and all it took was the appropriate amount of thing big

Which is odd because I spent much of my childhood watching Unicron rip huge chunks out of Cybertron

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Reminds me a lot of

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I continue to love Livio Ramondelli's atmospheric coloring while wincing at his lineart.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to realize that I'm a real sucker for any art with David vs Goliath vibes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Across the Spider-verse first look trailer dropped, and guess who's on the cast list? :getin:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

S.W.O.R.D. #8

Not the first time Storm has been transformed into a bizarre monster by someone with the power to shapeshift other people's bodies, or the first time she's won a knife fight in incredible style. Playing the hits, here, I love it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Blues posted:

Not the first time Storm has been transformed into a bizarre monster by someone with the power to shapeshift other people's bodies, or the first time she's won a knife fight in incredible style. Playing the hits, here, I love it.

Yeah, the Arrokans (sp?) really need to do some basic research, "Yeah, let's take away Storm's powers and give her a knife, surely we'll be safe then."

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, the Arrokans (sp?) really need to do some basic research, "Yeah, let's take away Storm's powers and give her a knife, surely we'll be safe then."

To be fair, that was a separate thing. Before Tarn the Vile there challenged Storm, somebody at the Arakkii Council whipped a knife at her, which she caught and complimented them on its quality.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dang Storm. That whole hair situation seems detrimental in a fight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Dang Storm. That whole hair situation seems detrimental in a fight.

She has wind powers, Perfect Hair Situation is basically a secondary mutation for her.

darthbob88 posted:

To be fair, that was a separate thing. Before Tarn the Vile there challenged Storm, somebody at the Arakkii Council whipped a knife at her, which she caught and complimented them on its quality.

Yeah, but Thane clearly knew she had the "perfectly balanced" knife before his challenge, maybe wait a bit and challenge her on a day the other dude doesn't throw a knife at her. I think they meet regularly enough he's not throwing a knife every time so he can try (and fail) to catch her off guard

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 7, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

quote=/edit

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wonder Woman Black and Gold #3: This is a story set in that strange period where Wonder Woman had no powers and was a spy for some reason. She's captured and being interrogated but all she'll say is that she's Wonder Woman. After nearly a month she's still not breaking and the commander comes in to see what's up.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 7, 2021

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
"no powers"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
with perfect hair and a good working knowledge of judo, much can be done

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's not Wonder Woman's fault that comic book goons can only attack a superhero one at a time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The spy stuff isn't as weird as the decision 30 years later to try and re-do it in the pre-New 52 run. Including some weird jumping through hoops where Diana Prince, secret agent didn't have powers but Wonder Woman did.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what exactly have they been doing for a whole month. her hair is perfect, she has no marks on her, her dress is perfect. were they keeping her in a nice room with a closet, and bathroom stocked with makeup the whole time

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

site posted:

what exactly have they been doing for a whole month. her hair is perfect, she has no marks on her, her dress is perfect. were they keeping her in a nice room with a closet, and bathroom stocked with makeup the whole time

Having deep conversations about life, fun times on the Sunset Strip, flourishing, eating, loving, praying. All good things!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dammerung posted:

Having deep conversations about life, fun times on the Sunset Strip, flourishing, eating, loving, praying. All good things!

This certainly reads as torture to me.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Toshimo posted:

Reminds me a lot of

Wait aren’t Galvatron and Megatron the same robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Nilbop posted:

Wait aren’t Galvatron and Megatron the same robot?

Only in the old '80s TV show and Marvel continuities. In the first IDW series, they're separate characters.