Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Finally, you fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

Now we may get to see if anyone has fake vaccine cards.

Didn't even think about that.

Wonder how many home games the Raptors will win due to vaccine hesitancy.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

DC Murderverse posted:

Ant is right, Anfernee should be proud of his real name. His nickname can be America Needs Farmers.

Nickname should be Ha'penny

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

More nice FVV coverage

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1470529915086901253?t=i-Lv360N_TDoy7Zw9_3Rtw&s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fast Luck posted:

The following tweet says the city of Chicago forced their hand.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/...mber%3D2796pti2

Philadelphia Health Department can gently caress off

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Zogo posted:

Jarrett Allen is playing like an MVP candidate. With hindsight the Nets probably should've held onto him.
He was pretty drat good for Brooklyn too. With hindsight there are probably a lot of things the Nets should've done differently over the years.

I love the raw description of that trade:

January 13, 2021: As part of a 4-team trade, traded by the Brooklyn Nets with Taurean Prince to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Brooklyn Nets traded Rodions Kurucs, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2026 1st round draft pick and a 2027 1st round draft pick to the Houston Rockets; the Brooklyn Nets traded Caris Levert to the Indiana Pacers; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Dante Exum and a 2022 1st round draft pick to the Houston Rockets; the Houston Rockets traded James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets; the Houston Rockets traded a 2023 2nd round draft pick to the Indiana Pacers; and the Indiana Pacers traded Victor Oladipo to the Houston Rockets. 2024 2nd-rd pick is CLE own Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2021. Pick not swapped. Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2023 Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2025 Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2027 2022 1st-rd draft pick is MIL own 2023 2nd-rd pick is HOU own

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 14, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

Jarrett Allen is playing like an MVP candidate. With hindsight the Nets probably should've held onto him.

I'm pretty sure people were questioning getting rid of him the day he was traded so it's not necessarily even hindsight

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm pretty sure people were questioning getting rid of him the day he was traded so it's not necessarily even hindsight
His rate stats really aren't even that far off his career norms. He's just finally getting the chance to play a full slate of starter's minutes and he shoots a bit more often. He's always been a quality player.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Jarrett Allen is a cool guy with a cool fro

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
They could never have paid him, and they still thought DeAndre Jordan might be good enough at the time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

He was pretty drat good for Brooklyn too. With hindsight there are probably a lot of things the Nets should've done differently over the years.

I love the raw description of that trade:

January 13, 2021: As part of a 4-team trade, traded by the Brooklyn Nets with Taurean Prince to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Brooklyn Nets traded Rodions Kurucs, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2026 1st round draft pick and a 2027 1st round draft pick to the Houston Rockets; the Brooklyn Nets traded Caris Levert to the Indiana Pacers; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Dante Exum and a 2022 1st round draft pick to the Houston Rockets; the Houston Rockets traded James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets; the Houston Rockets traded a 2023 2nd round draft pick to the Indiana Pacers; and the Indiana Pacers traded Victor Oladipo to the Houston Rockets. 2024 2nd-rd pick is CLE own Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2021. Pick not swapped. Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2023 Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2025 Houston has the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Brooklyn in 2027 2022 1st-rd draft pick is MIL own 2023 2nd-rd pick is HOU own

At the time I couldn't believe the Nets gave him away for so cheaply and looking at it now, its even more shocking. Dante Exum and the Cavs 1st rounder this year for a guy who'll anchor that defense for years. Also shocking that the Rockets didn't take him and flip him for more value

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah they moved him to make room for Deandre which everyone panned at the time, and then the excuse that Deandre was friends with Durant and Irving didn’t keep them from getting rid of him after one season.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Crazy Ted posted:

His rate stats really aren't even that far off his career norms. He's just finally getting the chance to play a full slate of starter's minutes and he shoots a bit more often. He's always been a quality player.

His ts% is like 6% over his career averages and probably not staying that high but yeah he’s been very good for a while

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah they moved him to make room for Deandre which everyone panned at the time, and then the excuse that Deandre was friends with Durant and Irving didn’t keep them from getting rid of him after one season.
The Nets have had so many opportunities to become the superior New York metro area basketball draw in the 21st century and outside of those two years with Jason Kidd they've utterly failed at it, which is amazing considering the annual state of the Knicks during the same period of time.

DeimosRising posted:

His ts% is like 6% over his career averages and probably not staying that high
Yeah that's the only one that's had any kind of a spike this season.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Philadelphia Health Department can gently caress off

"lori lightfoot bulls jersey" returns zero results on google images, if you were wondering

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DeimosRising posted:

Anyone that thought DJ was going to be a good move for them hadn't watched him since he was on the Clippers.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was v mad the Mavs didn't get in on that trade for either him or LeVert.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

IcePhoenix posted:

This whole thread was pretty perplexed.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh hey the THT propaganda machine is entering overdrive

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1470511923187916808

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

My hot take was that Nicky Claxton would end up better than Allen lol

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Isaac Okoro is good now. This has been the Isaac Okoro update.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Wasn't benching Allen for DeAndre Jordan the first thing Nash did as coach of the Nets?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh hey the THT propaganda machine is entering overdrive

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1470511923187916808

https://twitter.com/FanMahome/status/1470557588106395655?t=oym_82420JvRTjgkvVaKcQ&s=19

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
https://twitter.com/sandwichedbread/status/1470340316058161152

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/MrRickySpanish/status/1469515840450183170?t=UhknJIbV0Ry96_Opit6bsQ&s=19

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Can we get Kevin love trade rumors going again?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

LMAO

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lotta good comedy beats, Wendell almost cracked me up more

Yeah it was his second pair of glasses destroyed that night.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Lebron

https://twitter.com/crcDirtAngle/status/1470381152586375173

Whatever to the ADHD tweet embed.

I'm dying at Lebron "creating" bonus tracks or deluxe albums

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MJ commissioning a bonus Last Dance cut so he can tell everyone he invented the concept album.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
This is a cool af jersey swap

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Calidus posted:

Can we get Kevin love trade rumors going again?

Finally coming to Portland after all these years lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is a cool af jersey swap

I wonder if they're 3rd cousins or something, they really have some similarities in both the face and the body

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
:yikes:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was googling kawhi and one of the first things i saw was this rick reilly lede, lmao

quote:

You pronounce San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard's first name "Kuh-why." And yet Leonard refuses to make "why" a part of his life anymore.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/9341509/kawhi-leonard

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Boogie is BACK and he’s taking down the CIA

https://streamable.com/m4upwh

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

WhyteRyce posted:

attacking the one thing that has not changed since boogie's prime, his size. boogie hoovered his rear end up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God drat do I love unmoveable wall Boogie

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So did Ja make the Grizzlies worse because they are wrecking dudes.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jarret Allen fukkin owns and is a Cav and i love my team and him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

WhyteRyce posted: