Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

As someone whos not a magic fan that just seems like their normal starting lineup. As the first post on a new page, the image i was referring to is no longer available, but i am not going to make any edits to reflect this change in information, besides the sentence that youre currently reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

David Duke Jr lmao how do you not change your name

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Why should he change his name? He's not the one who sucks.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

David Duke Jr lmao how do you not change your name

jackofarcades posted:

some podcast had a clip of him saying it was his goal to make the world forget the other guy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fate Accomplice posted:

some podcast had a clip of him saying it was his goal to make the world forget the other guy

I too wish for a day when the first thing I think of when I hear “David Duke” is sick basketball moves and not white supremacy

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

Reminds me of a lower-level soccer manager here in the US I got familiar with as part of my Sports Information research work. His name was David Irving, an Englishman who shared his exact name with a different Englishman named David Irving who's perhaps the world's most infamous/prominent Holocaust denier.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So how big of an asterisk is this year's NBA championship going to have?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

You will never taint the championship of the tenth-seeded play-in winners Minnesota Timberwolves

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Crazy Ted posted:

Reminds me of a lower-level soccer manager here in the US I got familiar with as part of my Sports Information research work. His name was David Irving, an Englishman who shared his exact name with a different Englishman named David Irving who's perhaps the world's most infamous/prominent Holocaust denier.

Wasn't there recently an assistant coach who got hired by some team and he shares the same name as another coach who did some hosed up poo poo?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wasn't there recently an assistant coach who got hired by some team and he shares the same name as another coach who did some hosed up poo poo?
You talking about Dave Bliss at OKC?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/1472384972547837952

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cousins is going to get the ball stuffed down his throat at some point in that game.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Out of curiosity, would you (or anyone else reading this) consider a bubble more or less "asterisk worthy" (assuming no/extremely limited DNP-Health and Safety inside the bubble) than a playoffs with many/most teams having some significant players ineligible do to infection/exposure?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ignite last year could beat either of these teams.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Deron Williams is beating the dog poo poo out of frank gore rn lmao

https://twitter.com/__Eddie313/status/1472410928465559553

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 19, 2021

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Rick posted:

Ignite last year could beat either of these teams.

Scoot Henderson is so good that ignite this year could probably beat either of these teams

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

No, one is Boylan and the other is Boylen

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dexo posted:

Deron Williams is beating the dog poo poo out of frank gore rn lmao

https://twitter.com/__Eddie313/status/1472410928465559553

https://twitter.com/RatCatcherMpls/status/1472411825681547269?s=20

The clip of this is amazing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cavs baby

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

jackofarcades posted:

I agree, the Duke basketball program should change their name to something else

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

yeah

they're really good

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I looked at the starting line up in this thread, looked at and realized the time, then saw the score.

cavs, baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1472416844384555016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

god i wish we won that championship when he was on the cavs

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I kept waiting to see Deron's stupid-rear end panther tattoo.

Also apparently Kemba and Fournier are fueled solely by spite and will only play well against the Celtics. Fortunately it wasn't sufficient tonight.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

jackofarcades posted:

I hope he gets traded to Washington and adopts the nickname "the Grand Wizard".

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/status/1472422756633518084?t=wU-C75QbmqhljIlO2kZ4mQ&s=19

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm loving crying

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1472398566475714565?t=5AoE1XpwjqAKHoeGAF0jqg&s=19

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/balldontstop/status/1472411756685258759

I used to roll my eyes at this kind of thing, but I've been at this for so long that most of this immeasurable stuff is now ignored as if it didn't exist. I now think that's a mistake. But I still don't know how to measure it.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
You can’t measure those things because what they mean and how they manifest are different for every individual person

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The Look can only be perceived by The Eye (test).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dokmo posted:

https://twitter.com/balldontstop/status/1472411756685258759

I used to roll my eyes at this kind of thing, but I've been at this for so long that most of this immeasurable stuff is now ignored as if it didn't exist. I now think that's a mistake. But I still don't know how to measure it.

some of it seems important but a lot of it seems like doubling down on bad habits for the sake of toxic ideals about what a leader is supposed to be. but you don’t need to be a world-class scout to see if a guy closes out hard on screens or if he dives for loose balls or whatever

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I’m going to be so upset at that coronavirus if this messes up my cavalier season

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Declan MacManus posted:

some of it seems important but a lot of it seems like doubling down on bad habits for the sake of toxic ideals about what a leader is supposed to be. but you don’t need to be a world-class scout to see if a guy closes out hard on screens or if he dives for loose balls or whatever

Yeah "Take Over Mentality" and "imposing your will" feels like something that could be taken in a number of ways- is that Kevin Durant ruthlessly isolating and putting up absurd midrange numbers, or is that Russel Westbrook clanging pull up 3s in the last 5 minutes of a game down by 4?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1472347846141693958?t=frtTzWfDrQqZQdOYZAK8Hg&s=19

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Street clothes

But hey at least they got that bubble ring before everything got embarrassing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472595066761867264

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know it’s selfish but it would be cool if we could make it to Warriors Suns Pt 3 before everyone gets covid.

I’m guessing the league makes it to the xmas day games and bails out for few weeks on the 26th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I know it’s selfish but it would be cool if we could make it to Warriors Suns Pt 3 before everyone gets covid.

I’m guessing the league makes it to the xmas day games and bails out for few weeks on the 26th.

I honest to god think that they're going to plow through it and point to the early reports of fewer adverse health effects and increasing vax rates for a justification as to why.