Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean "redefine the player experience' is very eye rolling but if any organization needs that....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

I mean "redefine the player experience' is very eye rolling but if any organization needs that....

That's a role that a ton of teams have. Regardless of what they name it.

A Liaison between the players and the Front office about the facilities or other things and concerns that players have that management might need to address.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/1481392182309404681?t=M5znOjYgHud0PQde6znuuQ&s=19

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
All I saw was “Damian Lillard is planning to have a lingering abdominal injury” and went yeah that makes sense.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/1481395526989979655?s=20

lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Please just trade him and get it over with

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Ben Simmons ain’t playing this year lol

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

slave to my cravings posted:

Ben Simmons ain’t playing this year lol

i'm sure the sixers will miss his 1 PPG in the postseason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Philly finally gets KP
https://twitter.com/thehoopgenius/status/1481378113108029448?s=21

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

OK, Book, you win. Book Rules.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Warriors have plenty of playmaking and defense this year. I'm not sure I'd take a straight swap for Wiggins at this point. Very excited for the Frankenstein's Monster of a trade coming if Philly ever does unload Harris/Simmons.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Simmons prefers a trade to FaZe Clan, but at this time understands that he will have to continue playing basketball to pay for a 3090.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

creamcorn posted:

i'm sure the sixers will miss the postseason.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Just when I was coming around to the idea that this was actually a serious mental health issue.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bashez posted:

Just when I was coming around to the idea that this was actually a serious mental health issue.

i mean it still can be

you can have mental health problems and job preferences at the same time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/the_raptor/status/1481417157691035657

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/1481427898913497089?s=21

Lmao. THEM KIDS

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

That's a good promotion.

The Blazers look like not the worst team in the league like they did with him so seems like a good time to take some time off and see if that lasts or not for everyone.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol props to Morey for just going all in on the Jack Donaghy negotiation tactics

quote:

[Wojnarowski] Some teams have even described the Sixers' asking price for a Simmons' deal as growing in price - not declining, sources told ESPN

He’s going to make Rich Paul do the worm

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 13, 2022

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
You don’t have to wait for Ben’s shooting to come back.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rick posted:

That's a good promotion.

Yeah that rules

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Honestly one Ja Morant highlight reel ought to be enough to convince anyone to trade their jersey in, opposing players included

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gonna be a lot of 16 year old 12 year olds

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

That poo poo is so soft, why would the ref have to step in and send the mascot away? Are mascots not allowed to join in when the fans try to distract free throw shooters? It’s not like it was double teaming Book or anything.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1481268695297105924

The Lakers would like it if the Raptors gave them a good player who is having a career year, on a good contract, for a player who is not working out as they had hoped.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

looool they are bringing Knightman to a wealthy Sacramento suburb (El Dorado Hills) to patrol a community park.

I’ve got weekend plans now

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tedbuddy8/status/1481332027118915586?s=21

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dunno who switched out my giannis meanmug avatar but I appreciate the change of pace

WhyteRyce posted:

looool they are bringing Knightman to a wealthy Sacramento suburb (El Dorado Hills) to patrol a community park.

I’ve got weekend plans now
time to drive up to norcal so I can push over a stupid loving robot

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kind of interesting psychologically that an entire screaming arena doesn’t bother a player, but a single jumping dinosaur in an empty arena does.

Reminds me of a hypothesis I’ve had that getting an entire arena to be 100% silent when an opponent is shooting FTs could be a better strategy than the usual hooting and hollering.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Crowd screaming is just white noise, too much of one thing gets filtered by our brains.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Kind of interesting psychologically that an entire screaming arena doesn’t bother a player, but a single jumping dinosaur in an empty arena does.

Reminds me of a hypothesis I’ve had that getting an entire arena to be 100% silent when an opponent is shooting FTs could be a better strategy than the usual hooting and hollering.

Awhile ago someone posted some findings on this. Players are largely able to filter out all the random noise pretty well.

Instead of waving arms willy nilly it’s way more effective to get a coordinated back and forth arm wave motion going

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hornets have won four in a row and have a better record than every team they play the rest of the month, feels good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Maneck posted:

The Lakers would like it if the Raptors gave them a good player who is having a career year, on a good contract, for a player who is not working out as they had hoped.

Lakers don't have anyone in that salary slot so I don't think you have to actually worry.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Lakers don't have anyone in that salary slot so I don't think you have to actually worry.

Also, Ujiri isn't a goddamned moron

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Maneck posted:

The black and gold raptors jerseys look incredible. Makes Grant Jr looks like a model

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i like the kings play by play guy(Not the racist one, the new one)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol the Lakers lost to the Kings

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Lakers season is a trip to me because I feel like every third day I am reading "drat the Lakers lost to another lovely team lmao" and then I look up their record and they're always .500. Something simply isn't adding up

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
KPJ's well-documented general knuckleheadery seems destined to be his undoing at some point in his young career, but 12 pts and 3/3 from deep in the last 4ish minutes of tonight's win against the Spurs is objectively dope. I hope he figures things out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they have exclusively played lovely teams i think, and are going .500 against them