Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah but what are you going to do if they run a Pendulum tourney?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Managed to make a 3rd complete deck (True Draco) while being entirely F2P, I guess I'm ready for those special tourneys now since this doesn't have an extra deck. :v:

That said, playing a couple matches in solo mode, True Draco seems kind of vulnerable to hand-traps or just getting beat over. Any tips for playing around that?

Also I guess I'll aim for Zoodiac Tri-Brigade now to have a meta deck in the stables. I got most of the deck except the URs but I'm now completely spent on Gems, SR, UR points. :negative:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So i actually had enough cards already pulled to just make a drytron deck and was using solo mode to practice it and i hope this Ultimateness gets banned, not bc of power level or anything, but bc the deck has like no real ambiguity in what it does. Just summon fairy and stop thinking

Im gonna use it to get to plat i think and then never touch it again

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mandatory lesbian posted:

So i actually had enough cards already pulled to just make a drytron deck and was using solo mode to practice it and i hope this Ultimateness gets banned, not bc of power level or anything, but bc the deck has like no real ambiguity in what it does. Just summon fairy and stop thinking

Im gonna use it to get to plat i think and then never touch it again

There was a brief period of time where people experimented with using Megaliths instead of Heralds. That variant was neat.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Nevermind, True Draco got me from Gold I to Plat V on its own. :toot:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nevermind, True Draco got me from Gold I to Plat V on its own. :toot:

If hand traps bother you then I would run 2 Called by the grave

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've never really had an issue with hand traps when piloting my True Draco. Of the big three, Maxx "C" and Nibiru are pretty much useless against us, since we special summon one Monster per turn at most. Ash Blossom can kind of sting early on when it hits a Pot card or Card of Demise, but we have so many searching abilities that they can't Ash Blossom everything. Ghost Belle/D.D. Crow are likewise minor annoyances at best, and are generally only really useful against True King's Return. Droll is only a speed bump.

I did recently have a very satisfying moment. I was playing against a Dark Magician deck, and they managed to get off the Spell Card that wipes your whole board if they control a Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. However, my back row had enough True Draco cards in it that their graveyard effects wiped out their whole board too, while I was still sitting on a full hand of cards to rebuild the following turn from my Monsters' searching effects.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Finally managed to ride my True Draco list into Platinum V. Probably would have done it sooner if the deck wasn't such a grind to play sometimes.

I played the following list:
2x Majesty Maiden, the True Dracocaster
3x Ignis Heat, the True Dracowarrior
3x Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter
1x Terraforming
3x Card of Demise
3x Pot of Duality
2x Pot of Desires
1x Dragonic Diagram
3x True Draco Heritage
3x Disciples of the True Dracophoenix
3x Solemn Judgment
1x Imperial Order
3x Skill Drain
3x The Monarchs Erupt
3x True Kings' Return
3x True Draco Apocalypse

Also, it's kind of baffling how many people will just keep activating stuff in the face of floodgates. Not just on summon effects. On my way up tonight I had a player try to activate three different Spell Cards after I had already flipped Imperial Order.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

That’s pretty much my Draco list. Only difference is that I dropped one Maiden and a True King’s Return for a couple of Kaiser Colosseums.

I had some fun with the deck, and it seemed like a good starting place for someone not terribly familiar with the game like myself

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hello. i have not played yugioh since high school (and quit roughly right before 5DS started airing), but got a really big hankering to play for nostalgia reasons and also i can't get back into mtg arena. lol

i have a couple of decks i have somewhat built (code talker, BA) but i've been having a blast catching people offguard with what i have been told is an insanely rogue deck: chronomalies :v: i know this deck is not remotely meta at all and i've still lost to the standard stuff but it's really funny having people let my effects go through because they don't recognize the cards so they dont bother reading/decide to save their responses for "the real threats" and then i pelt them with rocks and they die. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mix. posted:

hello. i have not played yugioh since high school (and quit roughly right before 5DS started airing), but got a really big hankering to play for nostalgia reasons and also i can't get back into mtg arena. lol

i have a couple of decks i have somewhat built (code talker, BA) but i've been having a blast catching people offguard with what i have been told is an insanely rogue deck: chronomalies :v: i know this deck is not remotely meta at all and i've still lost to the standard stuff but it's really funny having people let my effects go through because they don't recognize the cards so they dont bother reading/decide to save their responses for "the real threats" and then i pelt them with rocks and they die. :allears:
Chronomaly OTK lives? :magical:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ive only gotten a otk once or twice since im still relearning the game, but i have gotten some surprisingly fast wins, especially with some cards that were apparently printed a few months ago like a continuous spell that lets me pay 500 to normal summon chronomalies from my hand or the trap that lets me point at a lv4 xyz and go 'i want a lv5 chronomaly xyz for free please'

or just this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ooh, reusable Double Summon with extra upside. That's fancy. Can we see your deck list?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just realized that there's a YGO thread here. Been enjoying myself with a Blue Eyes deck that REALLY wants to get into Platinum but the matchmaking just loves to stick me against an Eldlich deck whenever I get close. :gonk:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's very straightforward, I've seen from watching deckbuilding vids that a lot of decks tend to run separate/extra packages, especially in the Extra Deck, but I haven't bothered to get into any of that yet since I don't know where I'd start :v:

3x Chronomaly Crystal Bones
2x Chronomaly Crystal Skull
1x Chronomaly Gordian Knot
2x Chronomaly Golden Jet
1x Chronomaly Cabrera Trebuchet (Mostly a placeholder til I get a third Ash, it doesn't interact with Vimana very well since 0 ATK so it's been dead in the GY for me before)
3x Chronomaly Nebra Disk
3x Chronomaly Tuspa Rocket
3x Chronomaly Magella Globe
3x Chronomaly Moai
2x Chronomaly Acambaro Figures
2x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
1x Monster Reborn
2x Chronomaly City Babylon
2x Chronomaly Pyramid Eye Tablet
3x Chronomaly Temple - Trilithon
1x Double or Nothing
2x Treacherous Trap Hole (semi-placeholder until I get better removal options)
3x Chronomaly Esperanza Glyph
1x Number Wall

ED:
2x Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut
2x N36: Chronomaly Chateau Huyuk
2x N33: Chronomaly Machu Mech
2x Chronomaly Vimana

the OTK is mostly unchanged if i can get a good setup hand with N36/N33, though the new toys like Magella Globe help with consistency since you can sac it to special summon another chronomaly from your deck or Acambaro Figures which lets you discard it to protect a Chronomaly from being destroyed (both battle and card effect) and then can pay 1000 to special summon it back from the GY

Mix. fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 15, 2022

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Today in "awkward end of Battle Phases".

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Or an amazing turnaround victory.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I'll give the guy credit. He fought to the bitter end.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Or an amazing turnaround victory.

I wish the replay woulda let me see what the guy had in hand, but honestly, without a Kaiju or something, I don't know what you could do to overcome Great Magnus and Magna Blaster from a clean board.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There are a few times where I thought I lost, but kept trying something and managed to win. :peanut:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Today in "awkward end of Battle Phases".

Hello fellow super quants player, thank you for keeping the fight alive

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also, playing alphancall huh, how does that play

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You know, I can’t say I’ve ever found an opportunity to actually use that card as anything but Green Layer discard fodder.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ChaosArgate posted:

I wish the replay woulda let me see what the guy had in hand, but honestly, without a Kaiju or something, I don't know what you could do to overcome Great Magnus and Magna Blaster from a clean board.

If the anime has taught me anything, his next card was gonna be Pot of Greed, and then with some encouragement from Winged Kuriboh he was going to come up with a ridiculous Elemental HERO fusion combo that works in literally only this situation and nowhere else.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

If the anime has taught me anything, his next card was gonna be Pot of Greed, and then with some encouragement from Winged Kuriboh he was going to come up with a ridiculous Elemental HERO fusion combo that works in literally only this situation and nowhere else.
You joke, but Super Polymerization could out that board, couldn't it? Assuming you had something in your ED to make use of two Light Machines.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I think the easiest way out there would be to somehow use my boss monsters as materials as either fusion fodder or kaiju tributes? I also realized that King Magnus could be destroyed by an opposing Magnaliger, but I dunno that most decks should even run that as a splash option.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So far, my favorite out for dealing with combinations of "is unaffected by card effects" and "can't be destroyed by battle" is Underworld Goddess of the Closed World. I realize that a Kaiju or Lava Golem would be cheaper, but I've also had exactly one opponent not scoop the moment she got on the field... and he tried to torrential her and scooped when it didn't work.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ardeem posted:

So far, my favorite out for dealing with combinations of "is unaffected by card effects" and "can't be destroyed by battle" is Underworld Goddess of the Closed World. I realize that a Kaiju or Lava Golem would be cheaper, but I've also had exactly one opponent not scoop the moment she got on the field... and he tried to torrential her and scooped when it didn't work.

I added her to my deck and she came in handy for my promotion duel for Platinum 5, so thanks for the idea! Having her just stop my opponent from trying to pull a Blue-Eyes out repeatedly never got old.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Link 5 feels like an incredibly difficult card to get on the field in any situation where you've got something you actually want to out. It's not like you can use one monster of yours and their Link 4 to make the 5, you need at least 3 of your own monsters.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'm playing Evil * Twin. Getting three effect monsters on my side of the field isn't the choke point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
https://ygorganization.com/lookoutladiesneoshasanewwingman/

E Hero will never die. Also boy there's a lot of instant fusion cards in here trying to make Neo Spacian work and I'm here for it honestly.

code:
Wake Up Your E HERO
Level 10 LIGHT Warrior Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2500 DEF 2100
Materials: 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster + 1+ Warrior monsters 
Must be Fusion Summoned.
(1) Gains 300 ATK for each Fusion Material used for its Summon. This card can make a number of attacks on monsters each Battle Phase, 
up to the number of Fusion Monsters used as material for its Summon.
(2) If this card battled a monster, after damage calculation: Destroy that monster, and if you do, inflict damage 
to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
(3) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 Warrior monster from your hand or Deck. 
You know what, They made Manjome Thunder RP both fun and actually playable, maybe we can make Judai RP half decent. PLus I really like the art and idea behind most these new E-Hero cards. Neo Space and E Heroes working together, 'TO ME, MY HEROES!' as a fusion card, all top notch. I mean look, even Winged Kuriboh is in the team!

Wait why haven't they made HERO Winged Kuriboh card yet?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

https://ygorganization.com/lookoutladiesneoshasanewwingman/

E Hero will never die. Also boy there's a lot of instant fusion cards in here trying to make Neo Spacian work and I'm here for it honestly.

code:
Wake Up Your E HERO
Level 10 LIGHT Warrior Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2500 DEF 2100
Materials: 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster + 1+ Warrior monsters 
Must be Fusion Summoned.
(1) Gains 300 ATK for each Fusion Material used for its Summon. This card can make a number of attacks on monsters each Battle Phase, 
up to the number of Fusion Monsters used as material for its Summon.
(2) If this card battled a monster, after damage calculation: Destroy that monster, and if you do, inflict damage 
to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
(3) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 Warrior monster from your hand or Deck. 
You know what, They made Manjome Thunder RP both fun and actually playable, maybe we can make Judai RP half decent. PLus I really like the art and idea behind most these new E-Hero cards. Neo Space and E Heroes working together, 'TO ME, MY HEROES!' as a fusion card, all top notch. I mean look, even Winged Kuriboh is in the team!

Wait why haven't they made HERO Winged Kuriboh card yet?

Just give me a proper Wingman subtheme of HERO. They even introduced a fusion that specifically requires a Wingman as material with this batch of reveals.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

Just give me a proper Wingman subtheme of HERO. They even introduced a fusion that specifically requires a Wingman as material with this batch of reveals.

Retcon all Phoenix Enforcers to be Phoenix Wingman enforcers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also in Master Duel I'm flipping between Madolche, Gem Knights and Trickstars and Lyrilusc because I like people to hate me.

Working on my Manjourme RP Deck in it now. Just need a few more of the armed dragons and I'll be up there giving them the 10000 power.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Where are the Ojamas fitting into your Manjoume RP deck? They need to be there, of course.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Where are the Ojamas fitting into your Manjoume RP deck? They need to be there, of course.

https://ygoprodeck.com/chazz-it-up-4/

This is the deck list I started with and then I just started loving with ratios and putting in generic support/defense staples as I win/lose and see what worked out. I did a lot of this on sim and now am trying to rebuild in Master Duel without just whaling for card pulls.

https://ygoprodeck.com/power-rangers-armed-dragons-chazz/

This one is probably a better starting point now, though. It also uses Armed D. Thunder level 10 which means you get to do the whole ONE! TEN! ONE HUNDRED! ONE THOUSAND! MAJOUME THUNDA! shtick as a recovery/alt win condition.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 16, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

You know, I can’t say I’ve ever found an opportunity to actually use that card as anything but Green Layer discard fodder.

Yeah, i was afraid of that :( its a cool concept but having to set it is a pain

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, i guess you could crash your own mech into an enemy but...seems less then ideal in most situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Back to Platinum with Blue-Eyes! All the Eldlich players must still be asleep. :v:

My decklist, if anyone is curious:

3x Blue Eyes White Dragon
1x The White Stone of Legend
1x Effect Veiler
3x Sage with Eyes of Blue
3x The White Stone of Ancients
3x Maxx C
2x Ash Blossoms
2x Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon
2x Nebula Dragon
1x Blue Eyes Abyss Dragon
1x Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon