Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Farg posted:

new crew is very promising. also a real slick intro and pacing job on murphs part, that first fight was great

Yeah, I get a lot more of a feeling like the 2 Crew from this campaign. I wasn't really getting into Eldermourne, but this one works a lot better. Maybe they just need a dragon pussy level joke in the first episode to make the campaign more to my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope they keep the Duck as a joke and don't get any familiars. I like story 2 well enough, but they went way too nuts with them. I don't like mascots and I really don't like when there's twenty of them

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I just got a Dropout subscription, which are the best seasons of Dimension 20, and what else should I watch on there?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
there's definitely something up with the duck. he's gonna swerve em

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I just got a Dropout subscription, which are the best seasons of Dimension 20, and what else should I watch on there?

The second one (Escape from The Bloodkeep) that plays off Lord of the Rings is a shorter, and extremely solid season. Both seasons of Fantasy High are amazing. The new season that's set in Brennan's mum's sci-fi universe (Starstruck Odyssey?) is very good so far.

Otherwise - Game Changer and Um, Actually are two great game show style series and Breaking News episodes are ten minutes bursts of people reading made up news from a teleprompter and trying not to laugh. All of these are ongoing shows too.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Lazily requoting myself

timp posted:

I'm sure I've recommended several of these before but just so they're all in one place, here goes!

Um, Actually and Game Changer of course
Dimension 20, specifically Tiny Heist (the one with the McElroys), Season 1 (Fantasy High) and Season 3 (A Crown of Candy) *2022 update, I'd probably sub this out with Mice and Murder. It's all good but those are my personal faves
Total Forgiveness. It's incredible. It's a reality TV competition between two College Humor castmates, Grant O'Brian and Ally Beardsly, competing to get their student loans paid for. This is a must watch imo.
Rank Room is usually pretty funny and there are episodes with Caldwell, Brian, and Jake
Paranoia is like Werewolf with weed, it's great
Brennan's A Message From The CEO series is good but it's short
*Another 2022 update! Cartoon Hell is very, very funny.

I've also watched Ultramechatron Team Go! and the occasional episode of Table Pop but idk if I'd recommend those as whole-heartedly as the above. And if you like DnD Brennan hosts a video podcast called Adventuring Academy where he interviews various DMs from other games and whatnot.

I gotta admit, It's a really great service! The put out some quality content. I'm not sure about its future what with College Humor going under earlier this year, but between new Um, Actually, Game Changer, and D20, I'm still getting my money's worth.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DropOut really does have a TON of amazing content. I'mma resub and watch all of Game Changer again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Game Changer is really a treat, there's no bad ep but if you want a good taste of the raw chaos in it the two 'race to the bottom' episodes own and every season has a 'make some noise' episode with Zac, Brenon, and Josh Ruben which are easily some of their best bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1n3S1ZyUkE

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here is a nice art

https://twitter.com/lightdomain/status/1494118026249379841

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaius Marius posted:

I hope they keep the Duck as a joke and don't get any familiars. I like story 2 well enough, but they went way too nuts with them. I don't like mascots and I really don't like when there's twenty of them

I don't mind the familiars in general, though yeah, the second season got a bit too hectic with them; still, I kind of like that the duck is just a duck for the moment, and wouldn't mind it as a familiar in the sense that Paw Paw was for much of the original season i.e. not actually used in combat at all, and just there as something to use for RP purposes and to add a bit of comedy. I do especially like that Murph is mostly just doing plaintive quack noises whenever anyone interacts with it at the moment. The bit where Emily (her character name escapes me for the moment) finds it, and her first question is "is the window open", followed by a pause as Murph probably realizes he never thought about that and then "no?" is great too.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I personally loved "Pirates of Leviathan", but that was my first season so it's probably at least partially bias due to it being my entry into D20. It is, however, a relatively short entry at 6 episodes with a really good cast (Marisha Ray and Matt Mercer from Critical Role, Aabria Ayengar who's done guest spots on a lot of Actual Plays and some others who normally work for Wizards, I believe) and I just love the setting i.e. a floating pirate city made up of thousands of boats lashed together. The relatively recent "Mice and Murder" season is great too, with a lot of Dropout cast in it, including Grant, Rehka and Sam. It's Wind in the WIllows meets Sherlock Holmes, basically.

I would also point out that I made a Collegehumor/Dropout thread in TVIV that's going to be a more exhaustive list of shows/recommendations than I could ever be arsed to write up.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Big disappointment with the second Ep.

Really hoping they would stayed being Corpo instead of falling in with the dirty hippies

And making the duck not a duck, Terrible

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I listened to the whole first season, and have just jumped back into the new one and I enjoy it so far.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Is anyone else going to the Seattle show this Friday? I’ll be going with my wife, really looking forward to it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Big disappointment with the second Ep.

Really hoping they would stayed being Corpo instead of falling in with the dirty hippies

And making the duck not a duck, Terrible

Yeah that was a really fast turnaround. I figured they'd play in that space a bit more.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/SpookyBoyRayArt/status/1497694955225055232?s=20&t=80yExWcnEwhg2sdfPZ3Axg

also, murph's voice for the forgemaster reminds me of adrien brody's brando impersonation in peaky blinders

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
50GP? I'm pretty sure that's more money than most people in Erzy would make in a year. That must be some limited edition poo poo. Also, I really feel bad for the poor Wizardboy. The goof of the gang constantly having him make enchanted toilet paper is funny, but it's still really sad for the Alby. He's not even hot like his frogpal.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Really hosed up they decided to do half the episode in a language the listeners can't speak. I know shows these days things are all about "Atmosphere", but that shouldn't come at the cost of alienating the audience. This is a huge miss on their part.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the gently caress are you on about

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I cant even

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kidcoelacanth posted:

the gently caress are you on about

I…think they might be talking about Emily’s character’s accent, and being overly dramatic for humor? It’s honestly hard to tell

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
:iiam:

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

If I were to maybe guess, I might possibly could think he was maybe referring to thief’s cant.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Seluin posted:

If I were to maybe guess, I might possibly could think he was maybe referring to thief’s cant.

goddamnit

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r7w5d8lYDX1zxf6eh.mp4

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The whole scene at the abandoned church this week was all incredible. Emily is just so drat unhinged/brilliant. I’ve never heard of anybody misty or fae stepping directly above an enemy and just falling on them to do damage. How have I never seen that before? It’s so funny and smart

E: oh my god and I almost forgot to mention that detect thoughts. How gut-wrenching

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Murphy getting bullied for his middle school animorphs fanfic is so harsh and funny goddamn. Glad that he turned his trauma into good comedy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
my name is brian

i wish i could tell you my real name

BUT I CANT

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The chase scene absolutely killed me this week. The small, medium, and large piles of clothes and Calder going "that's perfect, I'll aim for the medium one" was incredible.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still laughing about the short rest they had a few weeks ago, where they were discussing what it would have been like and how unsatisfying an arc it would have been if callie or calder had died so early in the campaign; "you had an inferiority complex and thought you were weak, and it turns out you were right"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I would absolutely eat the half twix half slim jim

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
These dudes are mental.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I would absolutely eat the half twix half slim jim

It would absolutely taste awful, yet I can't help but want to try it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the party dynamic is becoming increasingly demented

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Farg posted:

as it should be

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Farg posted:

*quacks indifferently*

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am really enjoying the casually toxic relationship between Calder and albin

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kidcoelacanth posted:

The chase scene absolutely killed me this week. The small, medium, and large piles of clothes and Calder going "that's perfect, I'll aim for the medium one" was incredible.

I've only listened to the episode recently, being a wee bit behind, but yeah, that line killed me too. That said, the bigger take away I had recently is "man, it's loving depressing that Emily gave back her husband's present of homebrew spells because people were bitching about them in various areas" :(

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah it really sucks that Emily feels the need to justify every action and ability she uses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah it really sucks that Emily feels the need to justify every action and ability she uses.

yeah, she's an artist! let her paint!

also got caught off guard by a line in today's short rest (spoilers for end of campaign 1): murph: "thiala got eaten by moonshine" jake: "something she has in common with jaina then"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't think I'll ever get tired of the story of Jake, Jill, and Tucker