Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
LETO announces he will undergo several secret and arcane procedures to "remain Morbius". Says "this is the role I will inhabit going forward. It has a hold on me, I cannot leave it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

From director Michael Morbius
Vampire 6/66

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Morbius cameo in Avatar 2 is going to be incredible.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gonz posted:

The Morbius cameo in Avatar 2 is going to be incredible.

Seriously. The trailers for Avatar 2: The Morbiusing look mind blowing.

James Cameron my man, still a master of your craft!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I used a restroom at Bed Bath and Beyond a few days ago.

Scrawled on one of the stall doors was a message that said FOR A GOOD TIME CALL MORBIUS and I called the number. Jared Leto answered and told me to leave the bathroom immediately and walk down the street to see Morbius at the Harkins Theater.

The viral marketing campaign for this movie makes the Tron Legacy and Cloverfield ARGs seem like minor league clownshoes bullshit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
got a case of the morbs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Why's the guy in the grey shirt skint looking straight at us?

Should of cast that 4th wall breaking creepy gently caress in the lead roll.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

Hopefully the Academy can get Michael Morbius to host the Oscars next spring.

Just make the whole telecast Morbius themed.

Well its gonna win every oscar, so it'll be Morbius themed regardless of what they actually pick for a theme.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/1512143168132698117?s=20&t=lRyp-Ml-58CQs0ocd7bx5g

Guys, it's the #1 movie in the world, surely there won't be any other movies released the day after this tweet was made.

Morbius: the number one morbie in the world.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
iiiit's shmorbius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypo5pMkbgc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hey

Hey

Hey

*whispers* Morbius

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9B7BQWnZJs

Seashells by the seashorbius.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

LETO announces he will undergo several secret and arcane procedures to "remain Morbius". Says "this is the role I will inhabit going forward. It has a hold on me, I cannot leave it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASBY9PubUI

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Look out Covid-19, Morbius Fever is sweeping the nation! When asked for comment about this latest viral sensation, Dr. Anthony Fauci had this to say: "Everybody just better start sucking!"

Wow, thanks Doc!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Once you realize Eric Andre sounds like Seth Rogen you can't unhear it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

kiimo posted:

Once you realize Eric Andre sounds like Seth Rogen you can't unhear it

I've heard both of them on Conan's podcast and the laugh would give it away for sure. Seth basically has the worst laugh of all time

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Like a car horn getting sucked back in. Bless his heart.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://www.thegamer.com/morbius-discord-community-server-memes/

Morbius!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

"Morbussy" is funny but it's no "Morbiussy"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'd like to solve?
Ok
"Mmrbius"
*Price is Right loser horns*

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Morbius out here making box office history:

https://www.cbr.com/morbius-breaks-box-office-record-in-the-worst-way/

No, I didn't read the article before posting, because we all know that Morbius is the #1 greatest film of all time and surely has the receipts to match.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

"Mmrbius"
Great, now you've got the anti-vax crowd up in arms.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Class3KillStorm posted:

Morbius out here making box office history:

https://www.cbr.com/morbius-breaks-box-office-record-in-the-worst-way/

No, I didn't read the article before posting, because we all know that Morbius is the #1 greatest film of all time and surely has the receipts to match.

quote:

Sony Pictures' Morbius broke a box office record in its second weekend in theaters, but not necessarily in a good way
I like that they’re keeping an open mind. It *might* be bad that it had the most precipitous drop off ever on second weekend. But maybe not! We’ll have to wait and see.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Pascallion posted:

I like that they’re keeping an open mind. It *might* be bad that it had the most precipitous drop off ever on second weekend. But maybe not! We’ll have to wait and see.

Studios get their highest percentages in the first few weeks; after a while, their take drops to next to nothing, so the theater gets the bulk of the profits at that point. That's why studios actually hate when a Titanic or a My Big Fat Greek Wedding comes along - stuff that has a long shelf life means that their profits drop off compared to how much the film ends up raking in over a long enough haul.

If Morbius stays in theaters for a long while, even at low box office numbers week to week, it could end up being beneficial to struggling theater chains, as they would get to keep the bulk of the money it brings in.

Good job, Morbius! Single-handedly saving the entire theater industry, just not in the way people expected.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Class3KillStorm posted:

Studios get their highest percentages in the first few weeks; after a while, their take drops to next to nothing, so the theater gets the bulk of the profits at that point. That's why studios actually hate when a Titanic or a My Big Fat Greek Wedding comes along - stuff that has a long shelf life means that their profits drop off compared to how much the film ends up raking in over a long enough haul.

If Morbius stays in theaters for a long while, even at low box office numbers week to week, it could end up being beneficial to struggling theater chains, as they would get to keep the bulk of the money it brings in.

Good job, Morbius! Single-handedly saving the entire theater industry, just not in the way people expected.

I know that I'll be seeing it a 4th, a 5th and a 6th time!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm going to go see Everything Everywhere All at Once this week, but pay for Morbius and switch theaters. It's the right thing to do.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Are the stories true that Jered Leto was never actually cast or even made aware of the films existence and the crew just assumed he would show up and lo and behold he did?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, the Shaggy Method. Just close your eyes and let the character possess you.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are the stories true that Jered Leto was never actually cast or even made aware of the films existence and the crew just followed him around secretly and filmed his everyday life like in Bowfinger?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

davidspackage posted:

I know that I'll be seeing it a 4th, a 5th and a 6th time!

I buy a ticket for every screening!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alternate posters for Everything Everywhere All At Once

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cleaner pic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

(Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow, Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gripweed posted:

Cleaner pic

:sickos:

Can't loving wait to see this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Alternate posters for Everything Everywhere All At Once

Amour et Saucisses is a Kids in the Hall reference and a really left field one too

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What was the last good to great Cronenberg movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A History Of Violence or eXisenZ, depending.