Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1514902493255376901?t=GDF8ddDY74_10iwYCVeXFA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

burnley doesn't like me
everybody hates me
guess i'll go eat worms

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

peanut- posted:

Which premier league manager is now most likely to eat a worm?

I feel you could bully Howe into anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
No actual replacement either

https://twitter.com/AlexJamesSport/status/1514900261311074308?t=sQQjGsLY2rwwNlNE2WNZew&s=19

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
That's 10 managerial changes this season in the PL. Must be a record?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1514904099065581568?s=20&t=jBW7uGnr860YIzDqU_PdfA

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Thank you, Amazon Prime Video Sport

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm having a terrible feeling of deja vu

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

burnley are proper hosed now lol. hope dyche gets a decent job somewhere, he’s a good lad imo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

That's 10 managerial changes this season in the PL. Must be a record?

Tied for the record, yeah. Could still set it this season I guess!

quote:

The most Premier League managerial changes in a season is 10 coaches losing their jobs. This has happened several times, in: 2008/09, 2013/14, 2017/18 and 2021/22.

https://sqaf.club/most-managers-sacked-in-premier-league-season/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

burnley are proper hosed now lol. hope dyche gets a decent job somewhere, he’s a good lad imo

yeah, he did a good job keeping Burnley up as long as he did and frankly I don't see how another manager is going to help them. Not sure sacking a longstanding manager who built the club in their own image ever leads to such a drastic immediate improvements in results that it could keep a club up with eight games to play

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

yeah, he did a good job keeping Burnley up as long as he did and frankly I don't see how another manager is going to help them. Not sure sacking a longstanding manager who built the club in their own image ever leads to such a drastic immediate improvements in results that it could keep a club up with eight games to play

There's no way Burnley get promoted playing Dycheball, so it's a free hit to get rid of him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

pik_d posted:

Tied for the record, yeah. Could still set it this season I guess!

Still time for Watford to sack one more

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sassassin posted:

There's no way Burnley get promoted playing Dycheball, so it's a free hit to get rid of him.

Didn't they do that twice?

I think this is down to the owners - who used an LBO setup to buy the club and are now caught in a situation they are completely unequipped for - being desperate for any kind of new manager bounce to keep them in the league. Things could get ugly for Burnley since the current owners seem unable to provide extra funding of their own.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
They are League One owners at heart and in a few years that is where their club will be

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

pik_d posted:

quote:

The most Premier League managerial changes in a season is 10 coaches losing their jobs. This has happened several times, in: 2008/09, 2013/14, 2017/18 and 2021/22.

https://sqaf.club/most-managers-sacked-in-premier-league-season/
me, being a huge superstitious weirdo, cannot help but recognise a 'Liverpool eating poo poo in all these campaigns' pattern to those first 3 seasons lol

edit: less so the 17/18 season, but even that ended with Kiev, Karius, and that Bale bicycle kick.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

an_mutt posted:

me, being a huge superstitious weirdo, cannot help but recognise a 'Liverpool eating poo poo in all these campaigns' pattern to those first 3 seasons lol

edit: less so the 17/18 season, but even that ended with Kiev, Karius, and that Bale bicycle kick.

Thanks. I was in danger of feeling okay about the season.

At least Liverpool have already won a trophy this season?

And, Liverpool have eaten poo poo in plenty of other season too. :)

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Eric Cantonese posted:

And, Liverpool have eaten poo poo in plenty of other season too. :)
Lol indeed, but those 3 have been particularly painful. Here's hoping one more team does the needful and we can go forward with nothing holding us back.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

an_mutt posted:

Lol indeed, but those 3 have been particularly painful. Here's hoping one more team does the needful and we can go forward with nothing holding us back.

If one more team sacks their manager Liverpool will be sucked into the void. You can't prove it wrong!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
2013-14 was a bad one, I remember being top of the table at Christmas and all the headlines about how every team that had been top of the table at Christmas went on to win the league and then we immediately lost two games back to back which was pretty much peak boom bust for me lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

pik_d posted:

If one more team sacks their manager Liverpool will be sucked into the void. You can't prove it wrong!

Hodgson has the power to gently caress Liverpool up a second time

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

an_mutt posted:

Its weird, this season has major 18/19 vibes for me but flipped, so City will lose the league but win the CL

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Its weird, this season has major 18/19 vibes for me but flipped, so City will lose the league but win the CL

Please do not will this into being the one funny thing about City is that Pep continues to galaxy brain himself out of the CL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There's only a few games left in the season. Cutting it really close for New Manager Bounce

Rip

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I've missed Big Sam

not his football, or his face, but the other parts with the wine and the trolling

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think this is down to the owners - who used an LBO setup to buy the club and are now caught in a situation they are completely unequipped for - being desperate for any kind of new manager bounce to keep them in the league. Things could get ugly for Burnley since the current owners seem unable to provide extra funding of their own.

Doesn't work any more. Game's changed. The Burnleys and Cardiffs don't win enough games with anti-football.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Wrong person

Jose fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 15, 2022

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

an_mutt posted:

In my thesis I will explain how Burnley sacking a worm eater affects Liverpool

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eric Cantonese posted:

They did OP.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/sxlmss/status/1515325257355337732

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
*pretends to like sean dyche now that hes been fired*

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

The lindelof shirt is more shocking.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That was my first thought as well.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Often think about the guy I saw at the pie and mash stall at London Stadium[1] with a Hugill shirt.

Actually it might just have been Jordan Hugill.

[1] What, did you think we *wouldn't* have one? Although now for some reason they've moved it from the area by the bridge to Stratford to behind the gateline in the west stand.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mate of mine has a kyrgiakos liverpool shirt that he paid full price for. Was so sure he was going to be van dijk before van dijk

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’d gladly be a full Kyrgiakos kit wanker.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Mate of mine has a kyrgiakos liverpool shirt that he paid full price for. Was so sure he was going to be van dijk before van dijk

At least Kyrgiakos had some good moments.

I'm sure paying full price for a replica of a cult hero's kit is probably not what he intended, but it could have been worse. Lots of fans were pretty angst-ridden about what to do with their Torres jerseys.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCq0asRPJM

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Eric Cantonese posted:

At least Kyrgiakos had some good moments.

I'm sure paying full price for a replica of a cult hero's kit is probably not what he intended, but it could have been worse. Lots of fans were pretty angst-ridden about what to do with their Torres jerseys.

Nah, it was fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
A quick update about Erik ten Hag: he lost the dutch cup final to PSV, who are horrible and managed by Roger Schmidt lmao