Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

jesus WEP posted:

moyesy could and should make rashford great again imo

Unironically probably a great move for all concerned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Absolute no brainer

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

jesus WEP posted:

moyesy could and should make rashford great again imo

I want a red MRGA hat.

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure what has happened to Rashford. I still think there's a really good player there. The situation with all the other parts of that club is certainly not helping.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 20, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

But they spent a fortune on Rafa Varane and Jadon Sancho - both of whom have been very good players yet they've both not impressed at United. Like every season they spend a poo poo load and buy good players who somehow turn out to be poo poo but only at Man United.

Even players they loan out (Lingard) look loads better for being at a different club.

Sancho has been decent and Varane has been injured 90% of the time

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Maybe Utd should stop buying crocked defenders with a history of injuries and giving them 5 year deals

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Yeah, I would 100% keep Cavani around even if he was indisputably poo poo and past it, for the same reason that Liverpool will probably keep Milner on the books until he's 43. It's a dressing room that definitely needs leaders who are willing to put in the work.

But the rumour was that he has an agreement in principle with Barca and I imagine will do a season or two there before calling it quits, which I can't begrudge him.

Matic is gone at the end of the season. Pogba is gone. Mata is gone. Lingard is gone. Greenwood is almost certainly gone in the circumstances. I would expect Ronaldo to stay unless he has some desire to go back to Portugal/turn out for the Kansas City Wizards, or whatever else is more embarrassing than turning out for United in 2022.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

He has pace, but as TheRat said, I think people overrate Bailly because of his absence. I can understand not putting faith in the guy when he can barely stay fit.

Ideally, Liverpool/Man-U is not the match where you chuck in a guy who doesn't have match fitness.

TheRat, Ninpo and Others: what do think of Rangnick?

Rangnick has done fine with a squad that downed tools the moment they ran into a demand to work hard. How much of that is due to a demand of Ole to improve the playing style from the counter attacking style to a high press without any personnel to support it I don't know.

tarbrush posted:

Agreed, but the problem isn't that they're draining the club dry, it's that they're incompetent and spend £100m on Pogba and £80m on Maguire.

There's more than just buying the latest shiny player to boost stock market trading though. Such as letting Carrington and Old Trafford crumble into rust and dust. The kind of financial neglect that leads to things like missing a literal broken back in your star forward. I'd probably be tempted to down tools if my employer didn't give a poo poo about my health/fitness while I hear all about facilities from my England team mates and their respective clubs for example.

There's no one issue and if a club has proven it doesn't matter who the manager is, it's Manchester United. The last manager we had that was implementing good changes in all aspects of the club and how it's run got sacked for winning an FA Cup while not being Jose Mourinho.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 20, 2022

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
part of me still expects fergie to make a comeback

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Eau de MacGowan posted:

part of me still expects fergie to make a comeback

But then who would they cut to in the stands looking sad to make me laugh?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ninpo

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Lol. Yeah, that'd work.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

*martin tyler voice* nice meltdown

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1517083257539637248

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

lol this will be so funny, can't wait

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
3 year deal is optimistic

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Manchester the city of bald frauds

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

nawilo_420 posted:

lol this will be so funny, can't wait

First team manager feels like quite a limited title. I will laugh when they gently caress him over on player movement and pay eleventy jillion for Neymar cause he's "marketable"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Man who knows one man united manager: getting a lot of Alex Ferguson vibes from this appointment

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"both seem to be strict" is truly some top tier insight

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
hm yes, Erik ten Hag the stuttering garden gnome without charisma is exactly like Alex Ferguson

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

hm yes, Erik ten Hag the stuttering garden gnome without charisma is exactly like Alex Ferguson

sounds spot on to me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Man who knows one man united manager: getting a lot of Alex Ferguson vibes from this appointment
lol

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Manchester is bald

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

this, this!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

David Moyes is literally the next Alex Ferguson.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Erik ten Hairs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Seems a bit generous

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1517095827109515264

The bald and the beautiful

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Idk if it’s the same in a browser but lol at that ratio on mobile

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

c0burn posted:

Manchester is bad

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hope he does better than the last highly-rated Ajax person to wash up at United

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

the sex ghost posted:

Making demands of his players - truly the hallmark of only the very best.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Think United will give him a whole season even if they are still sitting outside of UCL?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

T Bowl posted:

Think United will give him a whole season even if they are still sitting outside of UCL?

I mean if he's 15th come April, probably not. But yeah, if he's 6th or something he'll definitely get more than 1 season. I think and hope they all realises there's a lot of broken poo poo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

TheRat posted:

I think and hope they all realises there's a lot of broken poo poo.

The what, fourth or fifth time United fans have repeated this Litany Against Mediocrity just in the past few years, but I'm sure this time the Glazers totally get it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

The what, fourth or fifth time United fans have repeated this Litany Against Mediocrity just in the past few years, but I'm sure this time the Glazers totally get it

This time they replaced the entire structure above the manager other than the owner. And while he's a vampiric shitlord, you can't claim Man Utd don't actually spend money.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Glazer MO is he'll get the first full season with some cash splashed which may or may not attempt to deal with glaring squad issues, then a second window of more tepid spending, followed by the sack if he's nowhere near/can't finish 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
All they need is a fullback a centreback two midfielders a striker and a keeper and they're right back in that thing, for sure