Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

livery link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Five stars

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I don’t get it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

I'd like to experiment with it, but I don't think I have room for a steering wheel setup at this time, so it's probably better I stick with pad.

Are there any video guides or YouTube channels I should check out for info that'll help me with the game? I've run across a few sim racing channels when searching for info GT7 like Super GT and Kireth Kart, but I dunno if there's a particular go-to.

They're fun and definitely worth experimenting with though more something you should try before you buy. Again, no shame in using a controller, I playtested nearly the whole game on a controller and it's all doable.

A lot of the GT streamers tend to veer into the meme territory unfortunately. One who is seriously into actually teaching though is Tidgney.

https://youtube.com/user/tidgney

His guides are mostly GT Sport based but the basic principles carry over.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

incredible

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
On a whim, I tried out some guy on reddit's celica setup for the lemans 700. It works shockingly well — on map 6 you'll get about 3 laps out of a tank, and the awd is definitely welcome in the wet.

He put the tune in this imgur album, but that doesn't include that you want a widebody, wheels (size up 1")and full aero bits, but not the type-b rear aero (the one with the diffuser, that'll add too much PP). The custom wing might do, too. He/I used the type A. On top of that, I'd probably add a brake controller and try setting that rearward — I only did the one race and this car just murders the hell out of the fronts.

I'm kinda impressed, I'd rather written off the Celica for anything that involved group cars, not just for fuel-economy reasons, but also because it's just got the five speed. I think maybe I'll see if I can't wring something out of my less-modded other celica for some of those stray 600 races.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Mandalay posted:

I don’t get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_(design)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh I knew exactly what it was.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

So apparently the only way to get a 0 miles FC RX7 is by getting all gold in one of the mission things? gently caress that. Is there any way of "resetting" the mileage on cars in the game on the off chance I ever see one in the used car dealership? It really annoys me that used cars come with miles on them cuz I really like seeing how far I've driven my cars :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also having now sat in a few Ferraris in the game I can really appreciate the level of detail going into the interiors and such. Even the stitching on the trims and the grain of the leather is spot on. :kiss:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I have purchased all cars in the used cars shop? :O not as many as I would have thought, I miss GT6s 1100+ cars, but the trade off is that we finally have all really pretty and nicely detailed cars now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Also having now sat in a few Ferraris in the game I can really appreciate the level of detail going into the interiors and such. Even the stitching on the trims and the grain of the leather is spot on. :kiss:

The cool thing is that at least for some models, the details are exclusive to the specific car scanned and photographed because many of Ferraris cars are crafted by hand. They try not to use machinary when possible, of course this jacks the price way up. :v:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

fridge corn posted:

So apparently the only way to get a 0 miles FC RX7 is by getting all gold in one of the mission things? gently caress that. Is there any way of "resetting" the mileage on cars in the game on the off chance I ever see one in the used car dealership? It really annoys me that used cars come with miles on them cuz I really like seeing how far I've driven my cars :(

If you buy a new engine in the tuning shop surely that will reset it to 0?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

The cool thing is that at least for some models, the details are exclusive to the specific car scanned and photographed because many of Ferraris cars are crafted by hand. They try not to use machinary when possible, of course this jacks the price way up. :v:

I'm actually surprised they managed to find an F430 without sticky window switches with fingerprints permanently embedded on them :D

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

fridge corn posted:

It's against federal regulation to turn back the odometer. Just use the trip odometer instead.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Ooooo the Ferrari 300 P4 is in the Legend shop, so gorgeous.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What's a good car to use for the final cafe book (World GT Series)?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ I never knew how much I relied on the TCS on wet tracks before turning it off.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Frankston posted:

Either a Gr.3 car with upgrades maxed out, or a Gr.2 car with some detuning. You only need to finish in the top 3 in the series, so pick your favorite and just try it. Make sure you buy + bring intermediate tires in case you see rain (you probably will).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Frankston posted:

Ferrari 458 Italia with high rpm turbo.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Frankston posted:

911 RSR is great, i just slapped on the high rpm turbo and did nothing else - handled 10x better than the r8 LMS

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It’s also very winnable in the Living Legend with some front ballast

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any guides yet for the endurance races? Looking for recommended cars with tuning and upgrade set ups. Of course some of the races require specific cars, but a few of them are a bit more open ended in what you go in with.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Frankston posted:

Probably any Gr3, then throw a turbo/super on it and grab some inters.

If you don't want the extra power, now would be a fine time to get used to starting a race, doing a lap, backing out and resetting your transmission for the track's straight (lazy) or to reduce shifting in corners (loads of effort lol).

fenix down posted:

Either a Gr.3 car with upgrades maxed out, or a Gr.2 car with some detuning. You only need to finish in the top 3 in the series, so pick your favorite and just try it. Make sure you buy + bring intermediate tires in case you see rain (you probably will).

Basically all this, but especially the bolded bit. No need to get first in everything, I did something like 1-1-5 and still got the overall gold (barely). FWIW, I picked the M6, and I don't think it's particuarly good, as far as Gr3 cars go. I kinda liked the Aston I got for the manufacturer's cup, but it's an Aston, it's also probably not very good.

Actually if you want to save your pennies, see if you can just join a team for the Manufacterer's cup (it's somewhere in the sport mode menu, I think?) They'll give you a Gr4 and Gr3 which you get to keep for the season. You will be pissing away your money if you buy upgrades for those cars though, probably. I have no idea how it works if you buy bits for a car you have to give back, and then later buy the car. I assume the parts just vanish into the aether.

I said come in! posted:

Are there any guides yet for the endurance races? Looking for recommended cars with tuning and upgrade set ups. Of course some of the races require specific cars, but a few of them are a bit more open ended in what you go in with.

I feel like I've periodically seen someone talk up a specific car/pitting strategy or something for a few of those on reddit, but good luck finding anything with their search. There's this, on GTPlanet. Can't speak to any of these, but I know people generally like that priano guy's tunes, at the least.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Thanks for all the advice on WTC600.

I ended up taking the Supra GT500 '97 I had from somewhere, putting on intermediates, tuning it down (power restrictor to the minimum at 70%, 91 kg ballast), and it became laughably easy. Like on Red Bull Ring I was already in first nearly after the first lap.

Feels like cheating a bit, but I just want to finish the books at this point and I can work on skill through the licenses.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I did the final menu in the laferrari which was ok, other than the final race on the ‘ring where I retried at least a dozen times before I got it under control enough to not kramer myself off of a turn while keeping a fast enough pace for a top 5 finish.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

I think I have purchased all cars in the used cars shop? :O not as many as I would have thought, I miss GT6s 1100+ cars, but the trade off is that we finally have all really pretty and nicely detailed cars now.

So you can purchase all the cars in the game using the Used Car Shop, or did you mean just that subset?

Also, dumb question: were they going to add new Cars over time? I am not quite clear on that.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

There’s a new Toyota race car coming soon for their sponsored race event, and there’s a bunch of exotics mentioned in the IP disclosure that aren’t there yet but they may not come.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Is there a way to see if rain is forecasted before starting a race?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

BMB5150 posted:

Initial reviews sound pretty positive so far and will be amazing not having long load times like old GT games were.

I think I have a playlist on youtube of Yuns videos of some of those races... ah drat well I did but the videos are gone... oh well. If my schedule is open I'll see if I can get in some races, and good to see a couple familiar goons from those days still in this thread. I'll always remember nurburgring at night in go-karts where we're just following the track line assist everywhere..
Sorry! I took them down because I figured after so many years that no one cared but I can throw them back up! I also need to buy a PS5 and buy this game. It's been 10 plus years now.

Driver Intros from GTCCCCC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeiGlTF7ll4

Some of our goofiest ideas- A single iMiev and 3 teams each comprised of one X2010/2011 and one Prius. The Redbull cannot finish ahead of the Prius but may push the Prius. The Priuses must pass a lone iMiev. The winning team is the first Prius to finish ahead of its Redbull partner without passing the iMiev. Got that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxgLdk0ZoI

Davebo's jump track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZSQYqdBsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK_uneCGWI

Night race at Nurburgring in karts with no lights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdiQyx_ILm8

Yuns fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 24, 2022

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good god GTCCCCC was good fun, the jump track was the best (the video is private).

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Bentai posted:

Good god GTCCCCC was good fun, the jump track was the best (the video is private).
Thanks. Fixed it,

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

how long do things like the 330 P4 `67 stay in brand central? Do I have a few days to try to grind the money?

Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001
Slowly getting back into the GT Series, would like to race with you all!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yuns posted:

Sorry! I took them down because I figured after so many years that no one cared but I can throw them back up! I also need to buy a PS5 and buy this game. It's been 10 plus years now.

Driver Intros from GTCCCCC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeiGlTF7ll4

Some of our goofiest ideas- A single iMiev and 3 teams each comprised of one X2010/2011 and one Prius. The Redbull cannot finish ahead of the Prius but may push the Prius. The Priuses must pass a lone iMiev. The winning team is the first Prius to finish ahead of its Redbull partner without passing the iMiev. Got that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxgLdk0ZoI

Davebo's jump track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZSQYqdBsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK_uneCGWI

Night race at Nurburgring in karts with no lights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdiQyx_ILm8

I'm not going to say something silly, like "GT5/6 damage looked good," but that's quite a bit more damage than we get now. Man, some of those race ideas were completely insane, weren't they? Good times.

Booyah- posted:

how long do things like the 330 P4 `67 stay in brand central? Do I have a few days to try to grind the money?

I feel like it's 3--5 days? I honestly haven't paid too much attention. If it's got a low stock warning on it, you probably have 2-ish days from when that first popped; but honestly I'd just put it on the wish list and keep a mental note to keep a few million around for when it swings back around (in a month or two, probably). It's possible that they'll be more expensive, because god knows how often they intend to update that value, but I can't imagine stuff in the legends section changing value that much, if only because those mostly aren't cars that change hands all that often. People might sell 2000GTs and 300SLs a few times a year, but it's not like old racecars move that frequently.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there a reason to not immediately jump for a stage 1 weight reduction immediately? I know that it would permanently alter the PP for the car, so it probably would place the car out of a limited PP race.

EDIT: Also, I am learning that if your tires are squealing it is because they are begging you to stop what you are doing.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 24, 2022

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a reason to not immediately jump for a stage 1 weight reduction immediately? I know that it would permanently alter the PP for the car, so it probably would place the car out of a limited PP race.

EDIT: Also, I am learning that if your tires are squealing it is because they are begging you to stop what you are doing.

Stage 1 reduction is usually the first thing I do in the tuning shop. If it takes the car out of the PP restrictions, just throw some ballast in there or buy the power restrictor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
bring back the moon