Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Lol, Everton have written to Mike Reilly to explain why they didn't get a pen yesterday. Haven't they done this before? Literally asking to speak to the ref's manager...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
i hope that they will retroactively give richarlison the blatant red card that he deserved

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Lol, Everton have written to Mike Reilly to explain why they didn't get a pen yesterday. Haven't they done this before? Literally asking to speak to the ref's manager...

Haven't they also been apologised to twice already for the awful reffing?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

were everton in actual relegation danger when rafa was in charge? i can’t remember where they were exactly but it feels like they were like 13th and just having a disappointing season rather than being proper hosed

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Mickolution posted:

The penalty shout wasn't even an egregious mistake. Like, you've seen them given, but its not like it was stonewall.

From the reverse angle, you can see that the stuff about straight arm push in the back is total nonsense.

https://twitter.com/toobanlad/status/1518297270541856770

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Myssu posted:

The penalty shout wasn't even an egregious mistake. Like, you've seen them given, but its not like it was stonewall.

From the reverse angle, you can see that the stuff about straight arm push in the back is total nonsense.

https://twitter.com/toobanlad/status/1518297270541856770

Steps on his foot and pushes him in the back. That's pretty loving stonewall.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

TheRat posted:

What about the stonewall red card for Richarlison?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Imagining David James in the modern prem and hell, it's hosed up to imagine

He'd have been fine, remember his silky skills when Stuart Pearce played him up front?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4cOeOOA20

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

What about the stonewall red card for Richarlison?

What about it?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

If it was stonewall it would have been given wouldn't it?

Maybe if he hadn't spent the first half throwing himself around with all his mates then the ref might take him seriously.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Richarlison is also a loving fraud and lol at him acting like he was shot after failing to tackle Thiago

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Maybe if he hadn't spent the first half throwing himself around with all his mates then the ref might take him seriously.

Didn't know that's how VAR worked. Glad we cleared that up!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

jesus WEP posted:

were everton in actual relegation danger when rafa was in charge? i can’t remember where they were exactly but it feels like they were like 13th and just having a disappointing season rather than being proper hosed

Points per game the team is basically exactly the same before and after Frank. I guess they just got their wins in early then coasted back to the mean.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Didn't know that's how VAR worked. Glad we cleared that up!

Glad to hear it OP. Always happy to help

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

TheRat posted:

What about it?

I'm just wondering why you seem to ignore it in your quest for just refereeing, as it is a much more obvious refereeing mistake than the penalty you keep going on about.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

I'm just wondering why you seem to ignore it in your quest for just refereeing, as it is a much more obvious refereeing mistake than the penalty you keep going on about.

Because he doesn't care about fair refereeing. He only cares about decisions that go for teams he doesn't like.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Because he doesn't care about fair refereeing. He only cares about decisions that go for teams he doesn't like.

Var working as intended

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i wish we could come together as a forum and enjoy fat frank being a miserable failure of a manager, without making up referee crimes to be mad at instead

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

i wish we could come together as a forum and enjoy fat frank being a miserable failure of a manager, without making up referee crimes to be mad at instead

Agreed. Ban TheRat

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

Richarlison should obviously have been sent off, and it's another example of how loving useless VAR is in England.

CyberPingu posted:

I don't particularly like Everton either, but you do you.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Frank actually won that derby, by a lot!! Crooked PGMOL and the failing premier league are conspiring to keep talented managers down and promote critical richarlison theory to young football fans

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

critical richarlison theory

lol

*frank lampard serious face* no but seriously though Gordon was diving if a Liverpool player so much as came within six feet of him yesterday so I don't blame either the ref or the VAR for looking at that, saying "there's not much in it" and telling him to get on with play

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

lol

*frank lampard serious face* no but seriously though Gordon was diving if a Liverpool player so much as came within six feet of him yesterday so I don't blame either the ref or the VAR for looking at that, saying "there's not much in it" and telling him to get on with play

Ref? Absolutely. VAR? Nonsense, this is exactly why VAR is a thing, they're allowed to look at things in replay with unbiased eyes.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Ref? Absolutely. VAR? Nonsense, this is exactly why VAR is a thing, they're allowed to look at things in replay with unbiased eyes.

An unbiased eye also takes into consideration if a player has a history of embellishing weak contact surely?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
mods please change the thread title to this:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

After Pickford almost ended Virgs career last year and was allowed to play the rest of the game I literally couldn't give a poo poo if Everton got hosed by a VAR decision in every game from now until the end of the season tbh.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Finn posted:

mods please change the thread title to this:

Why don't you d...

Oh yeah

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also theoretically VAR is supposed to be to correct clear and obvious errors by the live ref and for once it actually worked the way it was supposed to in giving the benefit of the doubt to the ref's initial decision instead of poring over pixels for ten minutes to decide if this time there was actually a tiny bit of contact when the player went flying after feeling the slightest breeze

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the sex ghost posted:

Frank actually won that derby, by a lot!! Crooked PGMOL and the failing premier league are conspiring to keep talented managers down and promote critical richarlison theory to young football fans

Can someone please rename me Critical Richarlison Theory?

vyelkin posted:

also theoretically VAR is supposed to be to correct clear and obvious errors by the live ref and for once it actually worked the way it was supposed to in giving the benefit of the doubt to the ref's initial decision instead of poring over pixels for ten minutes to decide if this time there was actually a tiny bit of contact when the player went flying after feeling the slightest breeze

I do wonder if a big part of VAR angst is because the league hasn't explained very clearly to fans what it supposed to do and what it isn't. It's also counterintuitive that one "clear and obvious error" standard applies to most on-field calls, but then you get another "offside is offside no matter what, let's draw some lines on the screen" standard.

Don't most other leagues leave all decisions as "clear and obvious" error ones?

jesus WEP posted:

I think they had hit a horrific patch of form so fans were right to be concerned about relegation.

Benitez was doomed. Everton needed fan positivity and strong morale and instead Moshiri went with a guy that the fans were never going to be patient with.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Everything we see now is the fruit of Rafa's labour. All part of the plan.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think they had hit a horrific patch of form so fans were right to be concerned about relegation.

Benitez was doomed. Everton needed fan positivity and strong morale and instead Moshiri went with a guy that the fans were never going to be patient with.

As soon as Der Spiegel reported that Usmanov was subject to Russian sanctions the players' morale collapsed

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
The first day of training, Benitez was already undermining Everton by calling Lucas Digne “Puke-rear end Dung.”

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CyberPingu posted:

If it was stonewall it would have been given wouldn't it?

Please don't troll by suggesting that VAR and the refs always get things right, see Richarlison not getting sent off as proof

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Reminder that an Everton player literally went studs up to Tomiyasu's face off the pitch, into Saka's calf, and into Tavares' Achilles in the Arsenal match and only received one yellow card and one foul

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
https://twitter.com/atncast/status/1518308991297798146?s=21&t=JBuAvSFvwk4iNnKcOtnPXw

:qq:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

The Gordon penalty shout is soft as gently caress, even in the clip he posted it shows him cutting in front of Matip and then going down. A classic Vardy dive.

Of course, Everton have had even softer shouts for pens given to them at Anfield in the last few years, so they're probably just used to being able to nick penalties by being cheating cunts. gently caress them, I hope they enjoy the Championship.

Also, Frank is a Tory.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

an_mutt posted:

The Gordon penalty shout is soft as gently caress, even in the clip he posted it shows him cutting in front of Matip and then going down. A classic Vardy dive.

Of course, Everton have had even softer shouts for pens given to them at Anfield in the last few years, so they're probably just used to being able to nick penalties by being cheating cunts. gently caress them, I hope they enjoy the Championship.

Also, Frank is a Tory.

:hmmyes:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
While it would have been funny for everton to get 3 awful penalties called their way and win, it's funnier if they get relegated, so I'm glad of the result

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ghost Trigger Warning:

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1519209737690230789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I would rather he didn't do that!!