Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
OK that's enough time for me to post spoilers
I definitely wasnt expecting the new character to be a dog who farts out flowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Begemot posted:

The Bone Zone is no joke, I had a couple failed runs before taking in Pugnola with the revive arcana. Used up all the revives, but I overcame the waves of skeletons with raw might from gaining levels.

You don't realize how much you rely on floor chicken until you don't have it!

It's a real bastard for sure; if you don't have enough DPS you're going to die around the 10 minute mark.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I must be using the new character wrong because I think its weapon is terrible. Admittedly, it did help in the new level because of its final level.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/poncle_vampire/status/1518273813485690880

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Finally got that stupid pink ghost rear end in a top hat.

I mean, hooray, I unlocked a new character!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Stupid pink ghost rear end in a top hat has a surprisingly consistent setup for killing multiple reapers in a reasonable time frame

e: might be less consistent with the nerf to cat scaling in the latest update.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Breadallelogram posted:

Just figured out I can press escape to make the treasure chest animation go faster.

try right clicking

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bone Zone ain't a joke

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Lol I just noticed bone zone appears to have actual lighting and detail via normal maps. I'm assuming he implemented that himself? I can't imagine Electron has native support for per-pixel lighting.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Dog has probably the worst weapon out of the +projectile characters but the healing did manage to get me to 30 minutes in the Bone Zone. Bonus projectiles every 20 levels is such a strong characteristic that it barely matters what you start with, once you get an evolved bible and bracer almost nothing can get through to touch you.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

nightwisher posted:

Lol I just noticed bone zone appears to have actual lighting and detail via normal maps. I'm assuming he implemented that himself? I can't imagine Electron has native support for per-pixel lighting.

you can do a lot of stuff with javascript these days

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

just barely made it to 30 minutes in bone zone with Leda and several revives

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Breadallelogram posted:

just barely made it to 30 minutes in bone zone with Leda and several revives

I went with Leda and the Waltz of Pearls arcana - Holy Wand, Hellfire, Heaven's Sword, Vespers, La Borra, and Manajja (Banishing Skull'O'Mania after the first one collected)

The final 60 seconds had enemies dying pixels away from me :iit:, the Bone Zone is legit.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

survive 30 minutes in green acres never activated for me, anybody else? I've done it many times

and i don't have the bone zone because it says i haven't gotten 'unlock hyper for 3 normal stages' even tho i've unlocked all 4

Mescal fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 25, 2022

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Bone Zone doesn't gently caress around, had to up my game to get through it.

That said, combining fart flowers, bloody tear, Soul Eater Rune, and Sarabrande makes you pretty drat hard to kill, and if you stack on some armor bonuses from Awake and, well, Armor, it gets crazy.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What's the deal with the green death that spawns in the bone zone at 10 min, it just kills me repeatedly as soon as it spawns.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Just run away, it will go away after a while.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Avalerion posted:

What's the deal with the green death that spawns in the bone zone at 10 min, it just kills me repeatedly as soon as it spawns.

that's this guy https://vampire-survivors.fandom.com/wiki/Stalker

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I picked Dommario for the Bone Zone and that green rear end in a top hat got me twice in a row. The invincility after the first Revive ran out before I got enough momentum to move away. Luckily it was pretty smooth sailing after that.

Now to try it with maxed Curse :v:

Edit: drat, at Curse 5 that green bastard gets way too much speed for characters with a movement speed penalty like Dommario and Leda. He'll just keep eating your revives in a row.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 25, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blue Reaper is neat, I guess.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

First try. Had to pick bone since dog even though there would've been better options

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Sockser posted:

Blue Reaper is neat, I guess.

He spawned in exactly one of my bone zone run attempts somewhere between 18 and 22 minutes and it was Extremely Rude

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I guess maybe it's because I made the choice to turn off hyper mode for my first run, but the Bone Zone (with +1 curse) was very manageable.

How long until we can spend skips/rerolls/whatever on Arcana? :v:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah green reaper on Bone Zone can be a fucker if he wants to be :negative:

Question about arcana: Do the ones that affect speed and duration (-50% to +200%) stack with your other changes to those stats, or override them? Like if I have 100% Duration anyway and then get it, does it drop to a flat -50% to +200% change or does it go to +50% to +300%?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
beat bone zone with dommario, the main challenge is how little exp you get, I finished at level 73 which is 30-50 levels lower than other maps

green death showed up but got stuck on the mobs and never hit me, blue death showed up and made bubbles or something? I don't know, I just walked away from him

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah green reaper on Bone Zone can be a fucker if he wants to be :negative:

Question about arcana: Do the ones that affect speed and duration (-50% to +200%) stack with your other changes to those stats, or override them? Like if I have 100% Duration anyway and then get it, does it drop to a flat -50% to +200% change or does it go to +50% to +300%?

Well, the speed buffs remain and operate independently of the speed arcanum. (Does it drive anybody else nuts them saying "arcanas?")

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

beat bone zone with dommario, the main challenge is how little exp you get, I finished at level 73 which is 30-50 levels lower than other maps

green death showed up but got stuck on the mobs and never hit me, blue death showed up and made bubbles or something? I don't know, I just walked away from him

Blue death makes water rise from the bottom, so you can only move up.
This is kinda dangerous on the tower map because it happens at the same time as the Giant Enemy Crab™ which you want to hit from below, but does absolutely nothing in the bone zone, because there's no reason not to go up.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Why is the reaper kill strategy so inconsistent. I've gotten to 30 minutes like five times now and I just keep dying.

It wouldn't be so bad if it worked on hurry mode but when I do that I only gain 40 levels instead of almost 100.

gently caress this game now if you'll excuse me i'm going to start another run

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

bbcisdabomb posted:

Why is the reaper kill strategy so inconsistent. I've gotten to 30 minutes like five times now and I just keep dying.

It wouldn't be so bad if it worked on hurry mode but when I do that I only gain 40 levels instead of almost 100.

Tbh I've played the game a ton and never even attempted it. It's clearly not 'meant' to be done and is very funky as a consequence. If I ever really want the character I'll just cheat him in but right now it looks like the opposite of fun to me.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mendrian posted:

Tbh I've played the game a ton and never even attempted it. It's clearly not 'meant' to be done and is very funky as a consequence. If I ever really want the character I'll just cheat him in but right now it looks like the opposite of fun to me.
I tried a few times then save edited in missingno to gimmick run it with an invincible dude instead. Also missingno is great to have for doing dumb rear end runs where all your weapons are hilariously small or large or fast or slow or all your controls are reversed or what have you.

e: I should mention that save editing is literally the only way to get missingno so it's not really cheating so much as an obscure unlock challenge.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 26, 2022

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

bbcisdabomb posted:

It's certainly intended to be a secret character considering how powerful (Player) Death is compared to others.

It took me six hours to unlock Death and now I don't even use them. :shepicide:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The tower secret character is less annoying to unlock and more overpowered FWIW. Reaper just gets to go fast and have a lot of hp. Tower secret character has +100% damage and -10% cooldown on top of being really tanky.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mescal posted:

Well, the speed buffs remain and operate independently of the speed arcanum. (Does it drive anybody else nuts them saying "arcanas?")

Alright thanks, that's good to know!

(And yes it does a little :shobon:)

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Complaining on the internet seems to have worked! Got a kill on the very next try, so I never have to try again.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I've been trying to beat bone zone with mortaccio and flame skull and curse skull for maximum bone time, and while I can do it fine on hyper + arcanas (gets dicey just before and just after 10 minutes), I just cannot manage it with rush ticked as well. There's just not enough XP.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My first Bone Zone attempt ended at 29:11.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The bone zone final minute is something alright.
I mean, Pugnala should have little problems once her build is up, right? (beyond first being offered a Tiragisł at level 60 :argh:)
Nope. Mulched through two revives before realizing that no, I had to maneuver.

Anyways, I think fire wand/hellfire with both relevant arcana is currently the best weapon in the game. One shudders to think what the holy water or bible arcana will do.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hellfire with the exploding projectile arcana does a lot of work.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Op could use an update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I haven't played in 90~ days, what are arcanas