Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I would very much like it if he did, but I see the chances of it happening as around 0%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

glad they’re going for older slower more knackered declan rice instead of the real deal

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think Rice is pretty safe at West Ham if they stick to the prices being quoted. Chelsea are in turmoil and Man City don't really need Rice. Man Utd might have gone for it if that's the only position they needed, but that price would pretty much rule out any other major transfer. Nobody else is going to pay that kind of money (Unless Newcastle go completely off the rails, I guess).

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

What makes you think Newcastle won't go completely off the rails? This will be their first summer transfer window and you know their fans will want a big signing to show the ownership's commitment. Rice may not be flashy enough for them, I guess. Do you think they'll be raiding PSG, Bayern and Juve for cast-offs or will they try to hijack somebody's Big Summer Signing?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Harry Kane welcome to Newcastle

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rice and guimaraes would be an insanely good midfield pairing so i really hope that doesn’t happen

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

greazeball posted:

What makes you think Newcastle won't go completely off the rails? This will be their first summer transfer window and you know their fans will want a big signing to show the ownership's commitment. Rice may not be flashy enough for them, I guess. Do you think they'll be raiding PSG, Bayern and Juve for cast-offs or will they try to hijack somebody's Big Summer Signing?

It's definitely a posibility, and they've been annoyingly sensible with their money so far.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

greazeball posted:

Mbappe to Newcastle

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat can’t wait to see how the sun try to mangle mbappe and howay into one word

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

Mbappe to Newcastle

For some reason I'm imagining him doing a reverse Barton and instantly picking up a Geordie accent.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
wonder if those Bale to Newcastle rumours had any truth to them

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

greazeball posted:

Owners have been pretty forward with stating we're not spending 250m or whatever the fantasy figure the tabloids believe is conceivable under FFP, especially without any dodgy sponsorships already in play to juice those numbers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
More and more people are talking about howson to Newcastle. Watch this space

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

howayson

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Didn’t Newcastle recently poach a widely-praised recruitment director from Brighton or something like that? I think their going to be less ridiculous with their purchases than we expect.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eric Cantonese posted:

Didn’t Newcastle recently poach a widely-praised recruitment director from Brighton or something like that? I think their going to be less ridiculous with their purchases than we expect.

Less recruitment and more behind the scenes development. Think ashworth was the person who helped Brighton revamp their training ground and stuff

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I could see them doing a bit of the tried-and-true scooping up senior players in the twilight of their career out of contract and give them a 2 year deal on reasonably high wages. They really need to have someone to push Lachelles and Shelvy for their places.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Yeah, he was the one Man Utd wanted (allegedly)

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

Dan Ashworth who was partly responsible for setting up St Geroge's Park and is at least in part given some credit for the current crop of England players.

He seems to have done a good job at Brighton but still consistently failed over 3 years, or since Glenn Murray retired, to sign us a striker that could shoot straight at goal. Not sure how much day to day recruitment he does though, think he is more involved at the strategic level overseeing the academy.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Dan Ashworth who was partly responsible for setting up St Geroge's Park and is at least in part given some credit for the current crop of England players.

He seems to have done a good job at Brighton but still consistently failed over 3 years, or since Glenn Murray retired, to sign us a striker that could shoot straight at goal. Not sure how much day to day recruitment he does though, think he is more involved at the strategic level overseeing the academy.

It's interesting that the main area England have failed at recently is developing conventional strikers, every with any attacking talent ends up as a technical attacking midfielder

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

sticksy posted:

I could see them doing a bit of the tried-and-true scooping up senior players in the twilight of their career out of contract and give them a 2 year deal on reasonably high wages. They really need to have someone to push Lachelles and Shelvy for their places.
Lascelles is already out of favor. Burn & Schar are the regular starting CB pair now.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Any oil run club worth their salt should know how to creatively cook the books, so FFP shouldn’t be a problem. Thus, I can see Mbappé and Bellingham arriving in the summer.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Genuine Brighton question, how ridiculous am I being in making the same 'BUH GAWD THAT'S GRAHAM POTTER'S MUSIC' joke every time a big club job comes up?

It feels like there's a 50% chance he'll end up getting a ten-year contract at United and a 50% chance he'll end up on a three-minute League Two montage with future England managers Phil Brown and Aidy Boothroyd

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1519421126362939396?s=11&t=YFWRcC5PLthI1jbYu491Pg

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I just want Newcastle to hire Joe Kinnear as the guy to do pressers. I want to hear him talk about all the new signings they'll make.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Now that's an advanced stat I can get behind

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Genuine Brighton question, how ridiculous am I being in making the same 'BUH GAWD THAT'S GRAHAM POTTER'S MUSIC' joke every time a big club job comes up?

It feels like there's a 50% chance he'll end up getting a ten-year contract at United and a 50% chance he'll end up on a three-minute League Two montage with future England managers Phil Brown and Aidy Boothroyd

Seems to me depending on how the world cup turns out might be a bigger impact in his next job

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Potter's too good to slum it in international management.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

No idea, we play good football but I imagine the once a season periods where we fail to win a single game in 10 matches (whether it's his fault or not) might put off some of the top 6 clubs and I don't see why he would join a mid table club or end his career early by going into international management.

Our home form has been absolute dogshit since he arrived as well. I think we have scored a total of 10 goals at home all season.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Since we dont have a transfer thread yet

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1519642286111477760?s=20&t=IXJAyCerO542k6d03aarnQ

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Suppose it would be easier to list the players he didn't represent. Presumably only the big boys dealt with him personally but imagine being in like Jorge mendes office today and the steam coming off thosr phones trying to hoover up those clients

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Am I dreaming or did Mino Raiola actually just die out of nowhere?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

Am I dreaming or did Mino Raiola actually just die out of nowhere?

Was reported a few months ago that he had real bad covid and got hospitalised. It was also reported a few months ago that he needed surgery. Guess it didn't work.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Uuuuuuuh :rip: I guess

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Weekend at Minoing through the Haaland deal

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMatar/status/1519650239073984512

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I heard it just confirmed on the radio that he is dead....

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
The question is, how anti-vaxx was he?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't think faking your agents death is in the 'getting a big new contract' strategy guide

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1519655641668890625

Well this is a clusterfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
shitaly