Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Crazy Ted posted:

I don't know how much Manchester United is paying him but for advice like that it's clearly not enough.

Is this real, lmao

I am so glad Milan dodged this fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this real, lmao

I am so glad Milan dodged this fraud.
100% real - from an article I saw earlier this morning.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Look...

I don't know how much Manchester United is paying him but for advice like that it's clearly not enough.

lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
You just know that one of the other "up and coming" players he's recommended is Declan Rice as well.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I assume his job is more about restructuring how the club works rather than being head scout.

E: Speaking of which, another useless oval office gone :toot:

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1520081826819321856

TheRat fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 29, 2022

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
even as someone who enjoys watching man utd's own manager poo poo on them, ralf is honestly pretty ridiculous in his interviews. if he didnt look like a nice grandpa going to church he wouldnt be able to get away with constantly throwing his players under the bus

and judging by the fact that ronaldo is the only one who plays like he gives a poo poo, i'd say he hasnt gotten away with it in the dressing room

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm shocked, shocked that the players didn't respond to a substitute teacher coming in and yelling at everyone

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Journos were talking about how Rangnick was the mentor of Klopp and Tuchel and now it turns out he's going to advise them on what to stock in the canteen and vending machines.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 29, 2022

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Ralf owns, getting seven, maybe eight figures out of United for six months of going "not my fault, everything was hosed when I got here"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Ralf owns, getting seven, maybe eight figures out of United for six months of going "not my fault, everything was hosed when I got here"

Yeah, being paid to go into a broken organisation, tell them that they suck and then peace our without trying to fix anything seems like a great job

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

not my fault, everything was hosed when I got here, in the future consider signing players like Haaland, okay see ya later

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Where did this idea that Rangnick is supposed to be a scout come from?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Where did this idea that Rangnick is supposed to be a scout come from?

Utds problems have been mostly around recruiting and Rangick was brought in to fix the problems.

I guess ..

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Utds problems have been mostly around recruiting and Rangick was brought in to fix the problems.

I guess ..

No. Man Utds problem has been - to the extreme - backroom structure, backroom competence and falling behind on infrastructure, science and method.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:shrug:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

As an example, when Ole came in he had to start setting up an entirely new department for data science because it didn't exist at the club - at all. Man Utd also didn't use any gps tracking of players because Mourinho didn't believe in it.

quote:

MANCHESTER UNITED were the only team in the Premier League not to use GPS after Jose Mourinho scrapped use of the technology.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

No. Man Utds problem has been - to the extreme - backroom structure, backroom competence and falling behind on infrastructure, science and method.

As well as recruitment lmao

TheRat posted:

As an example, when Ole came in he had to start setting up an entirely new department for data science because it didn't exist at the club - at all. Man Utd also didn't use any gps tracking of players because Mourinho didn't believe in it.

As your quote alludes to, LVG had implemented all sorts of such things prior to Jose lol

It's kinda easy to think Ole had just stopped getting a tune out of the players (it's certainly easier to replace a manager than a team) and Ralf has a good previous track record of advising Big Money Men how to actually run their shiny football toy behind the scenes now they've bought it. However it looks more like the players have just given up, sick of the lack of ambition, crumbling stadium, and sub par training and medical facilities. The handling of Rashford's various issues was appalling, recovery from the treatment he eventually had can take a long time to properly recover from even in a healthy and happy environment which Old Trafford clearly isn't.

In typical fashion the Glazers are reacting to the unravelling and breakdown of their money making machine, doing things in a reactionary manner rather than a proactive one. The structure being put in place now is one that should have been at least in process after the removal of Mourinho with the appointment of Ole nearly 4 years ago.

As for Ralf's media interactions, I don't care. If the players aren't following his instructions (and they clearly aren't if you want to use Ralf's brand of football vs the football on the pitch as the yardstick) and he's tried everything else I don't blame him for saying "Well I told them to do it this way and we managed it for 10 minutes before they decided gently caress it and downed tools again" when he's asked why "Pooshited" turned up again and played like a clown team for clowns for another 90 minutes.

The club sorely needs a sports psychologist, it's easy to say they should be giving their all with the crazy money per week the players are on but the only ones seemingly doing so are Elanga, Ronaldo and De Gea. Everyone else looks absolutely mentally checked out.

Christ knows what Sancho must think of his first season after coming from such a well oiled machine like Dortmund.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 29, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is the thing, we've all worked for poo poo bosses and companies, and it's so enervating when you're get put out there and asked to do nonsensical poo poo that changes every time the area manager changes.

Yeah, if you're being paid millions you should be able to push through that, but they've all had years of putting up with that, and eventually everyone cracks.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm guessing it's probably real this time

https://twitter.com/MinoRaiola/status/1520403579311464449

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Raiola died again, for real this time

https://twitter.com/MinoRaiola/status/1520403579311464449

Edit: bollocks

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
RIP Mino, the Directors of Football of the world are breathing a sigh of relief today

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Haaland call me. I'll only take 5%

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Are we sure we can bold it just yet?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
RIP mino, you triggered the biggest release clause of them all

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Xabi posted:

Are we sure we can bold it just yet?

Millions will attend his funeral, to make sure he's really dead

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Mino able to negotiate a few more extra days with satan. absolute legend.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Hefty signing on fee to join Afterlife FC

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

RIP mino, may I ever spoil football for half the people that you did

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

He almost single handedly turned a sport which should be a license to print money into a huge financial liability for every team owner and for that you gotta respect him.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Mino distributed a ton of media conglomerate money to good lads who will forever mean well. Rip legend

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He almost single handedly turned a sport which should be a license to print money into a huge financial liability for every team owner and for that you gotta respect him.
He disrupted the flow of coin to the money changers and died twice. Sound familiar?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Crazy Ted posted:

He disrupted the flow of coin to the money changers and died twice. Sound familiar?

:hmmyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Crazy Ted posted:

Lmao, hard to argue

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarkPulisic/status/1520842051402846208

:thunk:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Which Scandinavian league will he end up in?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Just leave already. Wonderboy’s dad is such a whiner.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Its been deleted, what did it say?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

Its been deleted, what did it say?

https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1520870958805958656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
i'm just watching match of the day now and lol at jordan pickford

i remember during the euros i was like "is this really the best dude england has between the sticks" watching his wacky, spazzy, coked out energy and then today it kinda worked for him and lol watching him getting absolutely drilled in the face