Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Has anyone gotten confidential case files to open? Curious what the requirements are. I'm guessing you need to progress through a certain part of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

gently caress that loving raid boss that just zaps your ship to ashes in 30 seconds. What are you even supposed to do about that?

I think you can get his attention by doing enough damage, I never see that on low level raids anymore, but it feels super random.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 1, 2022

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I figured it out lol

kater fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 1, 2022

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The Moon Monster posted:

I think you can get his attention by doing enough damage, I never see that on low level raids anymore, but it feels super random.

I've only seen it when I do support requests, never in my own raids. I thought maybe it was punishing me for having a low level ship or something :v:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I really need to join a Consortium. Are there any goon Consortiums still open?

I'm CalcSA

and happy to accept any goon partners as well.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

AG3 posted:

I've only seen it when I do support requests, never in my own raids. I thought maybe it was punishing me for having a low level ship or something :v:

There are ships that have shields it’s prolly that.

I think you need a world map branch level 4 to summon them.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Oh forgot to give my ID, in case anyone wants to add me.

Zelneck: #84252111

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

reppin on the leaderboard for babies

haven't done a single round of RTA

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

How much money do you spend on this game

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Graduated and ready to mentor if anyone under 25 hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet: 4190401

Re: confidential case files - saw on Reddit they are not available yet even in other regions.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ok I cleared dive 45 and reset. The rewards respawn and you can auto clear stages BUT you gotta pay a hefty information tax to auto clear.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Gyoru posted:

reppin on the leaderboard for babies

haven't done a single round of RTA

i'm shaking my fist at loving up and losing one of these, might as well start a new account at this point.

at least i'm still top 100 on the rta leaderboard, it's demoralizing when i get matched with a dude with 8 110 units, though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i looked it up, my id is Kater 4151114

this is a cool number i like it big fan

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Eleeleth posted:

i'm shaking my fist at loving up and losing one of these, might as well start a new account at this point.

at least i'm still top 100 on the rta leaderboard, it's demoralizing when i get matched with a dude with 8 110 units, though.
i refresh the list for soft targets that either tank their defenses or lineups without problematic units

thankfully the strategy battle entry tickets can't be swiped for so it's about using them before capping

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Gyoru posted:

i refresh the list for soft targets that either tank their defenses or lineups without problematic units

thankfully the strategy battle entry tickets can't be swiped for so it's about using them before capping

Yeah my problem is I got baited by some dude running level 1s to tank their average cp.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Global is extremely tryhard bad manners, in SEA most people put up a trash squad of level 1s on defense in order to help each other out. You don't lose points for losing on defense. I think it's probably too late to change the culture

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Global is extremely tryhard bad manners, in SEA most people put up a trash squad of level 1s on defense in order to help each other out. You don't lose points for losing on defense. I think it's probably too late to change the culture

Good to know! I will change my defense team to all the trucks immediately!

BabyJebus
Jan 19, 2006

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I really need to join a Consortium. Are there any goon Consortiums still open?

I'm CalcSA

and happy to accept any goon partners as well.

I’m not sure how many people still need a consortium but I created “FreeWilly”. It’s open, I’ll change to approval if it starts getting full and there’s a need for more goon slots.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

ads are working for me, i pressed the button just now on a whim

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 2, 2022

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Phyresis posted:

I had no idea this was the case, neato. Normal Defense squad, go!

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Phyresis posted:

ads are working for me, i pressed the button just now on a whim

are you on an emulator/android? still no dice for me on iOS

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Thirst Mutilator posted:

are you on an emulator/android? still no dice for me on iOS

Android, i swap between an S20+ and a Tab 7+ in order to juggle my other gachas

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't have them working on andoirdrd

But also I ain't gonna click on no stinking ad!

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Patch tonight with 3 hour maintenance.

https://www.counterside.com/post/2nd-of-june-patch-notes

Rate ups on Yang Harim and Lee Yumi. I guess if you are still rerolling or want to now thats a good chance to get Yang.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Envgard posted:

Patch tonight with 3 hour maintenance.

https://www.counterside.com/post/2nd-of-june-patch-notes

Rate ups on Yang Harim and Lee Yumi. I guess if you are still rerolling or want to now thats a good chance to get Yang.

Aw hell yeah. Lee Yumi would be a huge benefit right now with the relative lack of high quality defenders in global. Also the daily event reset in 5 minutes will net a limited pool SSR selector for anyone that's caught up. So if you've had bad luck on some of the core unit pulls then now's your moment. I'm probably gonna settle on Xiao Lin since I've struggled trying to pull her, but the idea of making a full Titan/Abraham team for PvP is pretty tempting since I've seen no one doing it and most people will have no idea what the hell is happening.

Titan/Abraham cheese video for those people with no idea what I'm talking about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7twdopUZP8

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Failed Gutter Rat again despite adding Evelyn to the team then tried something on a whim - Full throttle damage where I kept redeploying chinatsu and other dps and never used my healers.

Apparently trying to heal and stall was the wrong way to go because Hilde + full dps worked first try as they kept the enemy numbers manageable.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

idk if i wanna pull for lee yumi, with serapel coming in july, and sigma + edel coming in june, no idea if i can afford them all so lee might be the odd one out for me

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
FrostyJones #8995156

Looking forward to getting Yang on pity since I had good luck on everything else :negative:.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol their website went down with the update?

I went to 150 for Rosaria. Got a bunch of cool poo poo too no regrets except a little regrets because I thought the every 10 pulls you get an achievement thing would keep going but it stops at 200 lol.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Phyresis posted:

I changed my defense team to a joke squad of 8 robots in a jeep and within an hour got 5 "your defense team has won" emails :psyduck:

It's not literally impossible to lose to, but I'm in silver 1 and about half of the team is level 1s so I'd imagine you could completely annihilate it with a decent A Hilde + Gaeun. I guess 3 of the leveled units are flyers at around level 60-70 with some gear equipped, maybe people are dropping A Hilde and Chifuyu and getting their ship destroyed before they can send out anything that can actually attack air? Weird business.

pyrofreak421
Nov 25, 2010
So, there is a Yang Harim banner up and I didn't get her in my initial pulls.

Would grabbing her be more important than Edel and Sigma?

On a similar note. Should I push for awakened Yoo Mina next month or wait for Yu Nabin?

Trying to figure out budgeting so I don't just pull randomly

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I don't know if it's true here but in other games, pulling on banners without getting the SSR or at least hitting pity is bad. It's just burning pulls with zero guaranteed positive outcome. That being said if someone says next months banners are better than Yang, I'd cut your losses and consider it lesson learned with that banner probably

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
GFL players - Han Sorim is a dead ringer for a GFL character but I'm too far removed from the game to recall who and it's hurting my brain, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Something with the heavy eyes and gray hair. Possibly the same artist on them? EDIT: FOUND IT, M200

I'm wondering if either of these are worth me pulling for, I'm pretty happy with my PvE team and finally got Awakened Hilde so not sure I need another defender or supporter at the moment. Are they worth getting for B/C teams for Dives and whatever else?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 2, 2022

pyrofreak421
Nov 25, 2010
Yea, that's where I'm not sure. I want to focus on PVE and am not spending money on pulls and don't know the relative value of the unit. Yang Harim is listed as the best healer in tier lists but I don't know if that matters as much as the utility Edel or Sigma provide.

I did 1 impulse 10 pull at the start and haven't touched my tickets since so I can probably hit pity if need be.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pyrofreak421 posted:

Yea, that's where I'm not sure. I want to focus on PVE and am not spending money on pulls and don't know the relative value of the unit. Yang Harim is listed as the best healer in tier lists but I don't know if that matters as much as the utility Edel or Sigma provide.

I did 1 impulse 10 pull at the start and haven't touched my tickets since so I can probably hit pity if need be.

bit of a correction here - yang harim is the top rated SUPPORTER, she does very little healing in comparison to claudia (R) or evelyn (SR). Yang Harim provides a broad combination of buffs for your team + debuffs for enemies, most notably a large amount of skill haste for the entire team which is what makes her so strong. It's honestly a bit hard to evaluate her effects in battle because it's not like super visible stuff like big green numbers blowing up your lifebars, but I think I would probably value her higher than Sigma or Edel personally. Edel is extremely strong in specific PVE content and almost useless elsewhere. Sigma... sigma is perhaps even harder to evaluate than yang tbh, since her buffs involve the rockpaperscissors square only, but +60% damage potential is a very large amount with the right setup, but there's rarely a situation where you are only using units that counter the specific enemy you are up against, at least so far.

Anyway, im a relative newbie also so maybe people that played SEA can input more

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

BabyJebus posted:

I’m not sure how many people still need a consortium but I created “FreeWilly”. It’s open, I’ll change to approval if it starts getting full and there’s a need for more goon slots.

Thanks so much. This is really helpful.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

GaeunSwarm has room for 1 gaeun

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Gyoru posted:

GaeunSwarm has raeum for 1 gaeun

ftfy

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

applied for it as Tangents. i have three gaeuns, i think that constitutes a swarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh hell yeah got Lee Yumi on my first ten pull. Good bye fourth string defender Fione, back to the bench with your weak rear end