Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

having played with her now, Black Swan (Power gem) is basically Helios every turn. The murderiest bird. 13 points in two models is a lot, but the power isn't called "Everyone Dies" because it's a love tap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I got the upscaled print of SP//dr, which is much more appropriate to proxy as Hulkbuster and really justifies the 65mm base size:

Still not as tall as Embiggened Ms. Marvel, but considerably more substantial in every other direction. If I wanted I could work on unfolding it a little bit for the height, but I think I'm happy

I am going to keep using the Peni from the smaller print scale, though. The version from the upscaled print is almost as large as Miles and that makes her anime head a frighteningly huge melon. The original version makes a good size for making her look younger than the rest, and also fits the scaling from Into the Spiderverse better.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mostly finished with my first roster. Nice to be painting again, even if my eyes are all lovely now.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Looks awesome dude!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

my buddy's Red Skull mod is internet famous after debuting at GenCon (I made the updated card he's standing on)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Shrecknet posted:

my buddy's Red Skull mod is internet famous after debuting at GenCon (I made the updated card he's standing on)

Do you have more updated cards like that? It annoys me that all my cards aren't in the same orientation.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

lol it was a custom I spent like 3 hrs on in GIMP because I don't have InDesign.

Someday I'll code a usable editable png, but not today

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Feeple posted:

Do you have more updated cards like that? It annoys me that all my cards aren't in the same orientation.

I actually have a bunch of updated cards I did, if you want me to send them somewhere

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

lol it was a custom I spent like 3 hrs on in GIMP because I don't have InDesign.

Someday I'll code a usable editable png, but not today

You both did a great job!

EDIT: Yeah, if someone sent them to feeple at g mail dot com, I'd be grateful!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Feeple posted:

You both did a great job!

EDIT: Yeah, if someone sent them to feeple at g mail dot com, I'd be grateful!

Sent! Let me know if you spot any errors. :D

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Signal posted:

Sent! Let me know if you spot any errors. :D

Danke!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Anyone have good ideas for a gift for my brother who's pretty into both the game and also just painting miniatures? Thing is, he's the sort who'll get something right away if he needs or wants it, so if it's common or well known, chances are he already has it, so what I'd need to find are things he didn't know he needed. Like for example, a professional camera (he already has one and a bunch of equipment now, so it's too late for that), which blew his mind when he realized his photos of his painted figures looked really good with one of those instead of a cellphone camera.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Argue posted:

Anyone have good ideas for a gift for my brother who's pretty into both the game and also just painting miniatures? Thing is, he's the sort who'll get something right away if he needs or wants it, so if it's common or well known, chances are he already has it, so what I'd need to find are things he didn't know he needed. Like for example, a professional camera (he already has one and a bunch of equipment now, so it's too late for that), which blew his mind when he realized his photos of his painted figures looked really good with one of those instead of a cellphone camera.

Get a company to print him a couple custom stls of models so his army has some badass alts?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Oh, that's a cool idea; I'd have tried that if there was more time, but I have two weeks left and it would never get here in time with the crappy PH postal service. At least not with the estimates I'm seeing on etsy.

I'm not necessarily looking for a directly MCP-related gift--although that would be preferable; something tangentially related or related to miniatures in general would also work, but he's also pretty well-stocked on painting supplies, display shelves, bags, etc, so I'm a bit stumped.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Dice. Get some super fancy dice.

e: forgot that MCP uses custom dice so I'm an idiot, ignore me.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Argue posted:

Get him a fold out lightbox for miniature photography?

https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/inicio/787-portable-lightbox-studio-with-led-dimmer.html

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
There is a shared dropbox folder that contains .PSD files for all the card types. I've used it to create over a hundred custom characters, it's super easy and convenient

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8iyi8z2lsz5ngqn/AADvjlJhJ-prmRd23vJHIqqGa?dl=0

(Not :filez: contains no content sold elsewhere or that AMG has shown any interest in shutting down. This is entirely a fan re-creating templates)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

That would be another of the gifts I've given him in the past :P

I think I'm definitely gonna try to go for custom resin (?) models for Christmas, and I'll probably start asking about that in here around October or so... but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to search outside of the miniatures scene for his birthday this month. Thanks for settling the hardest part of Xmas shopping for me, though!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I have acquired the Muderkitty in a move I am describing as "contributing to the problem"

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

There was a website I ran across that had archived a bunch of proxy models across a wide variety of designers, does anyone have that link?

I'm looking for a MK1 Iron Man, and a Rescue, and they're a bit hard to find.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Signal posted:

There was a website I ran across that had archived a bunch of proxy models across a wide variety of designers, does anyone have that link?

Maybe this one I linked a few pages ago?
https://c27-studios.com/product-category/comic-characters/

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Signal posted:

https://altcrisisprotocolmodels.wordpress.com/

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yes, this one! Thank you!

EDIT: Tragically, neither Rescue nor MK1 Iron Man has a proxy :( My all-Iron Man team will have to wait.

Signal fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 17, 2022

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hello, I have painted my first Marvel Crisis Protocol figure. A C27 Miniatures Namor figure that I instantly fell in love with and just *had* to paint. And I hate painting, I just love having painted, but could not resist this model.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
More MCPs for the MCP throne

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 26, 2022

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Sentienels are up, and currently slated as the October release!

https://shop.asmodee.com/marvel-5-c...2f%3fcount%3d72

https://shop.asmodee.com/marvel-5-crisis-protocol-sentinel-mk-iv-cp51en

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

$115 for 3 models is a bit absurd though

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

so is red skull and he has 7 tactics cards. So there are 4 we haven't seen. Getting hyped for hydra.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shrecknet posted:

$115 for 3 models is a bit absurd though

MCP models are too expensive, I'm glad my local shop does 20% off so it's at least on the high end of reasonable instead of absurd.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

like I get it, the money isn't for the plastic, it's the sculpting and the testing/design. but even so - tons of other 2-model kits are $40 and then this one is $65 because ~reasons?~

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Shrecknet posted:

like I get it, the money isn't for the plastic, it's the sculpting and the testing/design. but even so - tons of other 2-model kits are $40 and then this one is $65 because ~reasons?~

The small Sentinels are the same size as Dormammu.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So is Black Dwarf and he's in a $45 4‐pack

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Shrecknet posted:

Probably because they wouldn't be able to sell him otherwise

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Shrecknet posted:

Well... $60.

Which is true, but the Affiliation boxes are priced significantly lower than the regular boxes -- you're getting a significant discount for buying in bulk. The Sentinel boxes are priced pretty normally relative to other character boxes -- Black Dwarf and Ebony Maw alone were $50.

The Sentinels are also customizable, so they may have much bigger sprues than we're used to getting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The two sentinel boxes are the same price as buying Thanos or Juggernaut, respectively, it's just that those are all expensive boxes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Would an entire sentinels list be those 3 models? Because if so that seems perfectly reasonable, even if you had to add another box to it.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

S.J. posted:

Would an entire sentinels list be those 3 models? Because if so that seems perfectly reasonable, even if you had to add another box to it.

Those three and Cassandra Nova, presumably.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

S.J. posted:

I don't think we know yet, all they said at the reveal is that the basic sentinel is the first character you can have multiples of, which I assume they mean that the two sentinels in that box will have the same character card.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
They also said that 2 Mark 4 sentinels and a Prime would be a "valid list", so together they are probably at least 14 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't think we know yet, all they said at the reveal is that the basic sentinel is the first character you can have multiples of, which I assume they mean that the two sentinels in that box will have the same character card.

Genuinely hoping for the game's first 2 point leader, a Henry Peter Gyrich model that is just a lovely body with a Sentinel leadership ability.