Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Urcher posted:

I'm very new to sealed, I'd love some advice on this deck

https://sealeddeck.tech/IEsbvaWKKM

https://sealeddeck.tech/qjrehZonPc

Not a lot going on in colours other than G but I think the blue cards are good enough to be the 2nd colour. There are too many creatures with similar powers in your deck so Threats will only draw 1 creature too much of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

wei posted:

This was a really interesting one, thanks!

My initial thoughts were to go Green https://sealeddeck.tech/UxBF4PyO98. Quirion Beastcaller and Guardian of New Benalia (and Squee!) are the top 3 OH WR cards on 17lands, so you potentially have a very explosive early game. The manabase is a bit sketchier but there should be enough early plays with 14 W or G sources. Relic's fixing is good enough and it's cute with Zar Ojanen. I also end up with less interaction but it's still a decent amount? Possible that Lightning Strike should be second Geyser because we have so many blue sources.

Also looked at this rough WBx build https://sealeddeck.tech/oot1qEZSdf because there's a decent mill package and Bone Splinters there but I think WGx and UWx are both better.

Yeah I tried a WG base since I had the two uncommons but going deeper on those colours with the Junipers and Sentrys and splashing other colours less (no Ertai, Squee, for example). Why only play one each of Lightning Strike or Tolarian Geyser?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

wei posted:

https://sealeddeck.tech/aefhyNhgBU BGx looks pretty good to me. Could see cutting Meteorite for Tribute, Strike or Might.

:pwn:

I can see bgx but I think fires of victory and sprouting goblin as two drop splashes + relic and meteor to support them and the dimir cards is getting way too lost in the sauce. I would sub those four out for splatter gob, tribute, defiler of flesh, and hexbane tortoise. lower average card quality but more consistency. I'd probably cut the two dimir cards too and just go jund with a couple of white cards and cards with blue kicker costs

Can you explain your thinking here?

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 8, 2022

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MeinPanzer posted:

Any advice on this draft pool?

Kind of an embarrassment of UR riches, including 5(!) Lightning Strikes (probably could have passed up the last one, to be honest). Was hoping for another Wx dual land but never got it. Should I bother including the Serra Paragon, or is it the casting cost too onerous for a splash?

always play all of your lightning strikes. if you draw too many then just kill your opponent instead of their creatures

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

How bout this draft?

https://www.17lands.com/deck/4df31081db7044668f1590ac06c91f4a

I feel like taking out the red cards is the right call (though with the red kickers I'm still splashing red so maybe Sprouting Goblin at least is worth it) but it leaves me kinda light on 2 drops and maybe a little over-represented on 1s? BUt I feel like Combat Research is worth it with a couple of reasonable fliers, and the 1-drop non-permanents are there fore Micromancer.

The draft was pretty ew, annoyingly. Opening with Jhoira, and seeing two of the lords, as well, red and white, red being pretty much useless and white being unplayable with the cards I had at the time. Finishing a draft with 0 rare/mythic cards feels so bad, but I think/hope I might have made up for it in uncommons.

I'm 9/15 in DMU limited so far, but even if this one tanks I'll have another run tomorrow.

p1p5: micromancer has better 17lands stats than geyser
p1p9: scavenger sucks rear end, if you want a 3/2 that gives you card selection automatic librarian is the same card only colorless and goes super late. You probably don't end up playing yavimaya sojurner but it's a solid hedge card.
p1p13: do not pass micromancer. you got handed a huge gift here and fumbled it
p2p5: research doesn't play well with what you have going on. rainbow decks with tons of value cards are usually playing defense early and won't often have free unblockable attacks
rest seems fine but you probably want to take lands or other fixing sources a little more aggressively

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 8, 2022

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Boxman posted:

I'm sure my draft has plenty to be savaged, but this could be a fun, smaller game. What's the P1P2? All of them have similar win rates according to Limited Grades.

I ended up with Tolarian Geyser, which, thinking about it, is probably wrong because UG isn't a great color pair and GB is far more solid. I ended up in GB, and the hard removal would have been nice. So it goes.

If it needed saying, P1P1 was rough. Rare was Phasing of Zhalfir, uncommons were that, coalition skyknight, and Baird, notable commons were Soultender, Bite Down, Impulse, and Phyrexian Rager (either of those last two might've been better picks, but I feel more comfortable in green, and think its just a more flexible color to start in. And I don't think they blow strength of the coalition out of the water).

I like geyser here, it's a little more flexible because a 3+ color deck might have trouble with the BB cost. Rager would have been a much better pick than what you took. Might is gas but there's a lot of good combat tricks in the set and you can afford to wait until you see one later in a pack.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 8, 2022

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah I tried a WG base since I had the two uncommons but going deeper on those colours with the Junipers and Sentrys and splashing other colours less (no Ertai, Squee, for example). Why only play one each of Lightning Strike or Tolarian Geyser?

It should just be 2 Geyser and no Lightnings, I couldn't decide between the two initially. Straight WG does look very consistent and could be good at getting under the greed piles.

kalel posted:

:pwn:

I can see bgx but I think fires of victory and sprouting goblin as two drop splashes + relic and meteor to support them and the dimir cards is getting way too lost in the sauce. I would sub those four out for splatter gob, tribute, defiler of flesh, and hexbane tortoise. lower average card quality but more consistency. I'd probably cut the two dimir cards too and just go jund with a couple of white cards and cards with blue kicker costs

Can you explain your thinking here?

It's an extremely grindy and greedy format, between B and G you have more than enough early plays to buy time for your splashes to come online. Defiler is mostly just a 4/4 menace body with so few black permanents, Splatter Gob and Hexbane Tortoise are extreme filler so I really want to avoid playing them in Sealed.

The red cards are still good late, and you have 4 red duals that go with your main colours. Gaea's Might and Tribute to Urborg can come in over Rona/Meteorite. Vohar I'm keeping because it's great with Urborg Reposession. Your graveyard package is the best part of this pool so I'd try my best to run all of it.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Someone just hit me for 65,536 from a devilish valet + double rabble rousing. That was cool.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I cut Gix and didn't miss it, deck seemed good.

Once again I go 3-3 with a A+ tier bomb as the centerpiece though lol. I blew myself out of the draft by making a trademark disastrous attack sending in my flier into a reach creature forcing me to waste my rona's vortex on a bounce rather than removal. It wasn't even a sneaky reach creature it was the spider lol, I just forgot about it. My anxiety when the board gets too complex raises its head again

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Draft

Opened on the boat because it's really good with ETBs and I wanted to try it, next best card is Elas but I wasn't interested in committing to BW on p1. Took some good ETB creatures but then pivoted into red for extremely late Fires's of Victory and Lightning Strike in pack 1. I passed a lot of good UR cards while taking my own - pack 8 I take Fires of Victory and pass Battlewing Mystic, Essence Scatter, and two other lesser red cards - so good UR cards don't really show up in pack 2. UR is back on the menu in pack 3 so I'm guessing a couple seats to my left is UR but nobody else. p3p7 Battlewing Mystic maybe should have been Tolarian Terror? The kicker on Mystic is cute but I probably should have just taken the beef. Not enough ETBs in the deck to play the boat, gonna have to wait another day to get my Argussy ate.

Looking at my losses:

Game 3 was incredibly close and I'm still not sure if I can find a line where I win. Turn "15" I'm priced into trading every turn and making it a topdeck war, and my opponent just barely edges me out.

Game 5 I gently caress up bad by kicking Timely Intervention to force my opponent to block my creature with their 2/2... but Flowstone Kavu has menace so they don't have to block. If I don't waste my mana I can Shorp the 3/1 and can save my Fires of Victory to kick it instead of having to kill things off sooner, leaving me in a far better position for the mid to late game. Instead, I take unnecessary damage on the following turn and die to exactsies with Essence Scatter in hand to two pump spells on a single Battlefly Swarm. Very winnable game that I spewed off.

Game 7 is the mirror and the opponent basically has a better version of my deck, they get an early Electrostatic Infantry and make sure to protect it. I'm forced to play aggressively and they weather the storm, then out card me at the end of the game.

Result: 6-3 in Gold/Plat, the trophy streak is over.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Need a bit of sealed help here. Here's a pic of my pool:

Link to the deck text

Blue is absolutely the star color of this. 4 Soaring drakes, Haughty Djinn, Deflier, two Tolarian Terrors and a couple of counters. Black is weak, so is white and green, but red also has solid use. Biggest problem is I got some bombs such as Shanna and Nemata but they dip into the weaker colors and no mana fixing. Sadly I can only choose one. What would be the best color for this pool?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

Link to the deck text

Blue is absolutely the star color of this. 4 Soaring drakes, Haughty Djinn, Deflier, two Tolarian Terrors and a couple of counters. Black is weak, so is white and green, but red also has solid use. Biggest problem is I got some bombs such as Shanna and Nemata but they dip into the weaker colors and no mana fixing. Sadly I can only choose one. What would be the best color for this pool?

For the future, you can just paste that text string into https://sealeddeck.tech and it'll spit out a deck for you, and then hit publish to get a custom URL like this: https://sealeddeck.tech/zsJTACPNeQ

Much easier for people to work with than an image or text dump.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Event #14

https://www.17lands.com/draft/7034b65bbdb14924a5ce84b503d61652

A quick 1-3. Did not feel great, probably a tilted/tired draft and more gameplay errors. I picked 4 different colors in the first 4 picks trying to figure out what was going on. Eventually settled on something that felt decidedly underpowered, little interaction and no way to stop fliers which ranched me in all three losses. The blue picks never developed into anything and even if I lowered my consistency to splash I don't think it would have solved any of the problems.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Waffleopolis posted:

Link to the deck text

Here’s my analysis, I dunno what it’s worth.
So you have the Djinn and the Defiler. Defiler wants blue permanents, Djinn wants spells, but that’s not necessarily a problem. Tolarian Terror is a permanent and loves spells, so is the UW Skyknight. The wall likes spells. Timely interference goes in, so does the vortex. Some Drakes, maybe not all four, but you’ve also got a good flying theme here. Ertai’s scorn as an all-purpose counter. Joint exploration sounds not bad either here.

So maybe you’re splashing the sky knight. Is white worth it? Maybe. I’d include the Stall for time, maybe the Blasts (it hits for at least 3), maybe even the Cavalier because it’s just good, even if no synergy (though it’ll be one of the first things I’d cut) ?

I think I’d also consider black before green and red. Not just for the kicker on the vortex, but also because of the repossessions (you have few creatures and look! It’s a spell!), the tributes, extinguish, the apparition… maybe even the vampires, they’re also flyers, but at two black pips, they’re kinda annoying to pay for.

So we’ve got blue, a tiny bit of white, a bit more black, this allows us maybe to add in Elas as a removal magnet (but in your off colors and little synergy, probably not) and Rona, who is also a blue permanent that likes spells.

As for lands, huh, you’re not very lucky, but the UW land goes in, and maybe a couple BG and/or UG lands for the off chance of a kicker on repossession and Exploration?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Game 3 was incredibly close and I'm still not sure if I can find a line where I win. Turn "15" I'm priced into trading every turn and making it a topdeck war, and my opponent just barely edges me out.

The only thing I could possibly see is that you save the first fires of victory that you cast on the nishoba to kick it later. The only other line I can see it at Turn 9 (step 79) where you play out your unkicked battlewing mystic to force more damage through. They play the Wurm, you hit them for 6 down to 3 (Mystic + Kavu), play the terror. They attack with the wurm, you don't block, and then you set up lethal with the the terror, kavu, mystic, and the amplifier, as they can kill the terror and the kavu (with lightning strike), but then die exactly to the two unblocked creatures.

I don't think that's is super obvious, but it was a line you could have taken. There may have been counter-play available to the opponent to shut down that line. But, assume the opponents run out is the same, that's how you would have taken it.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Any tips on this pool? I was thinking BR(U), but there's weird tension between the aggressive part of the red pool and the grindier parts of the BR pool.

https://sealeddeck.tech/1GF11KAmUd

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Tezzeract posted:

Any tips on this pool? I was thinking BR(U), but there's weird tension between the aggressive part of the red pool and the grindier parts of the BR pool.

I don't see a big argument to go into red as the secondary color, and none to play blue. However, you have excellent green cards.

I'd try something like this:

2 Bone Splinters
1 Llanowar Stalker
2 Knight of Dusk's Shadow
1 Splatter Goblin
1 Phyrexian Vivisector
1 Yavimaya Iconoclast
1 Sunbathing Rootwalla
1 Bite Down
1 Automatic Librarian
1 Lagomos, Hand of Hatred
1 Gibbering Barricade
1 Eerie Soultender
1 Deathbloom Gardener
3 Extinguish the Light
1 Defiler of Flesh
1 Magnigoth Sentry
1 Elfhame Wurm
1 Bortuk Bonerattle
1 Mossbeard Ancient

1 Wooded Ridgeline
1 Geothermal Bog
1 Haunted Mire
+ basic lands

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

Link to the deck text

https://sealeddeck.tech/521Vyra5dj URb is the obvious build to me, it's very synergistic for a sealed deck.
https://sealeddeck.tech/Ufj8TTL37O This is the fun grindy 5c build. There's a ton of removal, duals and two Reposessions so there's a good greed pile. The Shanna splash is a little out there but you have a lot of lifegain triggers in this deck. You can discard the her or creatures you can't play to Goblin Picker, and get them back with Repossession later.

Tezzeract posted:

https://sealeddeck.tech/LwTEg3yfYy Not a lot duals or powerful cards in this one, so I would just try to get under your opponents. Fortunately your twos are pretty good at that and 3 Outriders can get in the last points of damage.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

wei posted:

https://sealeddeck.tech/qjrehZonPc

Not a lot going on in colours other than G but I think the blue cards are good enough to be the 2nd colour. There are too many creatures with similar powers in your deck so Threats will only draw 1 creature too much of the time.

Thanks for this.

I lost a few games with my original deck, decided it felt like too much interaction, not enough creatures and made some minor changes which got me to 3 wins.

Then I saw your version and gave it a go and it felt smooth as butter and won almost every game I played with it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

little munchkin posted:

p1p5: micromancer has better 17lands stats than geyser
p1p9: scavenger sucks rear end, if you want a 3/2 that gives you card selection automatic librarian is the same card only colorless and goes super late. You probably don't end up playing yavimaya sojurner but it's a solid hedge card.
p1p13: do not pass micromancer. you got handed a huge gift here and fumbled it
p2p5: research doesn't play well with what you have going on. rainbow decks with tons of value cards are usually playing defense early and won't often have free unblockable attacks
rest seems fine but you probably want to take lands or other fixing sources a little more aggressively

Thanks, this helps with the drafting side, I'm glad I didn't screw it up too much - Micromancer in 1/5 was a conscious choice to ignore - I went for somethign that definitely works over something which needs payoffs to work, and for which I didn't yet have any payoffs. Getting payoffs first seems a better plan. And I did end up with one Micromancer, and not enough payoffs for more.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
is there, like, an automated website i can feed my sealed pool to and it gives me a good deck?

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

The deck you get when everyone is drafting, I don't know, domain? walls? I don't know what kind of removal those other decks are running but it's not black or green.

That defiler of dreams was an absolutely disrespectful P3P4

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Just trophied my first draft, and some thoughts: assuming you're sticking them in the right deck, Tolarian Serpent and Withering Necromass are consistently costing 5 mana or less. I ran three Deathbloom Gardeners and didn't regret it, but my deck was also solidly 3 colors that liked having a deathtoucher back to block and had instants to cast on my opponent's turn.

You can be greedy up to a point but beware of double pips of the same color. The BB on Extinguish the Light gave me more trouble than I expected, which validated my decision to cut the Sphinx of Clear Skies. It felt bad at the time, but I'm pretty sure that Sphinx was a pseudo 6 or 7 drop in practice. Right now drafting the best card in each pack regardless of color with eye towards 'splashing' two or three colors seems effective, but we'll see how the format develops. I hope it doesn't just become 5c piles, but the beat down and focused two color strategies don't seem to compete right now.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Managed to finally draft the defender deck and boy is it a lot of fun. I don’t understand how Wingmantle Chaplain lasted until p2p9 but god bless my draft pool.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

MasterBuilder posted:

The deck you get when everyone is drafting, I don't know, domain? walls? I don't know what kind of removal those other decks are running but it's not black or green.

That defiler of dreams was an absolutely disrespectful P3P4

It's an egregious card but sometimes youre the only car on a 12 lane highway, like in this draft where I basically got fed mono blue

there was a ronas vortex, shore up, an impulse and and essence scatter above the balmor too

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.17lands.com/deck/4df31081db7044668f1590ac06c91f4a

7/2

Losses were:
- opponent has a wide board and is empty handed, I can block the board enough to survive and swing back to win with trample the following turn. They topdeck Cleaving Skyrider with enough attackers to kill me. Nice topdeck, nothing I can really do about that.
- Defiler of Vigor. Holy poo poo that is a tough thing to deal with, I had a couple of potential answers and I think I could maybe have done my card selection better to find one in time, but I am not sad to be beaten by an outrageously good bomb.

I'm very satisfied with my performance here, i drafted a good deck AND managed not to gently caress up piloting it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Event #15

https://www.17lands.com/draft/d7adb3967b87480d939048aa324c8d3c

Opened a Devastator and then a Knight of Dawn's Light made me consider white as a pair. I didn't pick Tori as the next pick though because she has horrid 17L stats? (Is that being warped by people playing her in the wrong decks or is that card just not relevant?) I went with Argivian Cavalier but ended up cutting white anyway. P2P2 I could have picked Defiler of Dreams, but remembered my previous issues with double pips and since it didn't seem like blue was a main color at the time (I was wrong!) I went with Hurloon Battle Hymn (which was a main color but also has better stats...)

I think this should be competitive? Non-Chaplain defender strategy to stay alive until Devastator or Jaya can take over (with alternate mill wincon), enough nonpermanent spells to keep the Terrors fed. I am guessing that Founding the Third Path doesn't replace anything in here, and that Rona's Vortex without black is not great? With no mandatory splash (just some nonessential kickers) and curving out at 4, I think this seems like a 16-lander too?

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Shabadu posted:

It's an egregious card but sometimes youre the only car on a 12 lane highway, like in this draft where I basically got fed mono blue

there was a ronas vortex, shore up, an impulse and and essence scatter above the balmor too

How did you find combat research? I've never had it line up well with an evasive early drop and mid to late game fliers die or the air gets gummed up.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Simply Simon posted:

I don't see a big argument to go into red as the secondary color, and none to play blue. However, you have excellent green cards.

I'd try something like this:

2 Bone Splinters
1 Llanowar Stalker
2 Knight of Dusk's Shadow
1 Splatter Goblin
1 Phyrexian Vivisector
1 Yavimaya Iconoclast
1 Sunbathing Rootwalla
1 Bite Down
1 Automatic Librarian
1 Lagomos, Hand of Hatred
1 Gibbering Barricade
1 Eerie Soultender
1 Deathbloom Gardener
3 Extinguish the Light
1 Defiler of Flesh
1 Magnigoth Sentry
1 Elfhame Wurm
1 Bortuk Bonerattle
1 Mossbeard Ancient

1 Wooded Ridgeline
1 Geothermal Bog
1 Haunted Mire
+ basic lands

Thanks guys, I'll probably end up trying both variants (the beauty of sealed)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Got to play Soul of Windgrace and Braids, saccing a land to get it back every turn and forcing my opponent to sac lands or let me draw was awesome. Format rules.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Hivemind went 16-8 yesterday after adjusting to pick duals much higher and more aggressively jumping ship to respond to signals. Don't pass up clear bombs, obviously, but if you draft duals early you're a lot more flexible and can usually splash the best cards you'd otherwise be leaving behind when changing lanes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Event #15

https://www.17lands.com/draft/d7adb3967b87480d939048aa324c8d3c

Opened a Devastator and then a Knight of Dawn's Light made me consider white as a pair. I didn't pick Tori as the next pick though because she has horrid 17L stats? (Is that being warped by people playing her in the wrong decks or is that card just not relevant?) I went with Argivian Cavalier but ended up cutting white anyway. P2P2 I could have picked Defiler of Dreams, but remembered my previous issues with double pips and since it didn't seem like blue was a main color at the time (I was wrong!) I went with Hurloon Battle Hymn (which was a main color but also has better stats...)

I think this should be competitive? Non-Chaplain defender strategy to stay alive until Devastator or Jaya can take over (with alternate mill wincon), enough nonpermanent spells to keep the Terrors fed. I am guessing that Founding the Third Path doesn't replace anything in here, and that Rona's Vortex without black is not great? With no mandatory splash (just some nonessential kickers) and curving out at 4, I think this seems like a 16-lander too?

Another quick 0-3. I never cast Jaya and the only time Devastator came out it was on defense and immediately phased out by F-tier card Zhalfir so opp could swing in for lethal. I am not going to post anything that makes people feel bad but I am inventing new ways to punt, this time it was casting Timely interference trying to get a Lookout to block my Haunting Figment and then realizing that casting instants made the Figment unblockable lol

I am trying to take turns as slow as possible and rope on almost every combat step but, well

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 8, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn posted:

Ah I've never tried sealed deck tech. Something like this? https://sealeddeck.tech/XPv20hk3W5

3-0 so far with this deck. It plays nicely. Things get a bit busto when you've got Balmor and a Griffon Protector out and cast Captains Call.

Oh and the list is bit outdated cuz I did swap out the Frostfist Strider for the copy of Love Song of Night and Day in the end. Good card that

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 8, 2022

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Corbeau posted:

Hivemind went 16-8 yesterday after adjusting to pick duals much higher and more aggressively jumping ship to respond to signals. Don't pass up clear bombs, obviously, but if you draft duals early you're a lot more flexible and can usually splash the best cards you'd otherwise be leaving behind when changing lanes.

It feels very much like NEO from this perspective TBH.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Event #16

https://www.17lands.com/draft/40ded70c4bd34875aec0f4073795514a

I guess the main question on this one is how many Destroy Evils and how many Take Up the Shields do I play.

Bonerattle seems worth splashing for Chaplain recursion and Mons on power level? Single pip commitment with 2 vinewalls and the search spell seems reasonable.

I don't feel tilted but I don't think I will play this until tonight just to be sure

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Another quick 0-3. I never cast Jaya and the only time Devastator came out it was on defense and immediately phased out by F-tier card Zhalfir so opp could swing in for lethal. I am not going to post anything that makes people feel bad but I am inventing new ways to punt, this time it was casting Timely interference trying to get a Lookout to block my Haunting Figment and then realizing that casting instants made the Figment unblockable lol

I am trying to take turns as slow as possible and rope on almost every combat step but, well

looking at your draft for some things that could have been done differently:

p1p2: Phyrexian Espionage has better 17lands stats than Bulwark and is a more flexible card in terms of the number of potential decks that want it. Don't let the kicker cost fool you, any blue deck is happy to play it and in u/r is does a great job of triggering your spells matters cards while digging you to more spells.

p1p8: I'm on figment here. It's a great card in u/r and the defenders deck needs Wingmantle Chaplain to function. You need to be very hesitant about defender cards if you don't have a copy of that card yet.

p2p4: It's time to commit to u/r here and take figment. You've got a solid blue rare and saw a lot of blue commons late in pack 1 even if you didn't pick them. Meanwhile white dried up real bad. Also u/r is just a stronger color pair than w/r.

p3p6: Why are you not taking battlewing mystic here? Big punt imo.

Feels like you needed to have more confidence in switching from w/r to u/r. You had a shot at some low curve aggressive cards that might have helped with your problem of falling behind early in that one game. Committing to blue earlier would have let you drop all those dumpy defend cards for cards that were aggressive and more on-plan.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What the bear doin

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I'm hooting and hollering

Patch Notes - 2022.19.10 (Sept 8 2022)

quote:

Gameplay Bug Fixes
  • We sat down with the bears from Kaldheim and convinced them to stop wandering and sit back in their cozy pet zones (They had fun on their outing, but sometimes got in the way)

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Event #16

I guess the main question on this one is how many Destroy Evils and how many Take Up the Shields do I play.

Bonerattle seems worth splashing for Chaplain recursion and Mons on power level? Single pip commitment with 2 vinewalls and the search spell seems reasonable.

I don't feel tilted but I don't think I will play this until tonight just to be sure

I don't think you have the critical defender mass here to make the payoff work reliably - you can probably expect 2-3 birds halfway through the game. That's also without any help from the walls in combat - all they can do is stall and not trade, and eventually they'll get overrun by all the big creatures in the format.

Also I think you're playing too many combat tricks; I'm most worried about the raw number of creatures in your deck. I think I probably play all the WG creatures in your sideboard, removing the defenders (I think you only need Scout the Wilderness for fixing) and cutting down on the worse tricks like tail swipe to make 40.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought it was a stealth nod to this account

https://twitter.com/livingcardsmtg/status/1565384382780788737

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Event #16

In your 80ish games so far, have you ever seen Mons be good?