Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

In Training posted:

the wordt room in the game is the spider boss

hit a hadouken on that fucker and cheered out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MotU posted:

good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

gently caress i forgot that was in the game, i dont know if i want to play it now lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MotU posted:

This

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
God the music in DDS is so loving incredible, I forgot how good it is!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMLh5mf57CE

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
omw to sigma

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what a miserable final boss jesus

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

i think its a bit overrated even if its pretty good

also did mavericks with buster only except the chill penguin refight because i wanted to at least land one hadouken and all of sigma cause gently caress that noise

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Alaois posted:

i genuinely don't know how you're supposed to get through that room without either using that, the shield or just tanking the damage and jumping through the enemies

charge storm eagle's weapon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

hd remaster has voice acting, some modern smt quality of life stuff like being able to pick skills when you're fusing demons, you can choose between dante or raidou for the guest character, and if you're playing on pc you can mod it to use high quality music from the ost instead of the super compressed ps2 tracks but thats pretty much it. it's not a super high effort port. neither's an incorrect version imo. that said i do like the mood better when there's no voice acting

It's impossible to overstate how much of a quality of life change it is being able to pick skills during fusion lol, please play this version

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dont forget to activate the dlc for the hd version of nocturne. I played a few hours before realizing it

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

God the music in DDS is so loving incredible, I forgot how good it is!

It's incredible. Meguro ftw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

spent more time on Bospider than I did on several maverick stages and I still didn't beat him. I wasn't going to get the hadoken but now I'm thinking about getting it just to bypass it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

spent more time on Bospider than I did on several maverick stages and I still didn't beat him. I wasn't going to get the hadoken but now I'm thinking about getting it just to bypass it

I just stand on one side of the wall and just wait with the ice shot. Slow but steady

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I just stand on one side of the wall and just wait with the ice shot. Slow but steady

I would have been better off just standing still and shooting. instead I went in with six lives and made my friends I was streaming it for lose their poo poo because I instead kept dashing exactly where the spider was going to go. I have the worst instincts for that movement mechanic in the world

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I would have been better off just standing still and shooting. instead I went in with six lives and made my friends I was streaming it for lose their poo poo because I instead kept dashing exactly where the spider was going to go. I have the worst instincts for that movement mechanic in the world

copy
Jul 26, 2007

bospider surprised me first but time spent last year playing super mario land 2's bonus game let me handle its bullshit

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

It’s pretty simple OP just follow the line.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't have much problem with Bospider

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn't have much problem with Bospider

fully willing to admit I'm retarded. I'll try again later

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

When I was a kid I found Mega Man X way too hard, but that's because I was a kid and I would just pick whatever stage looked coolest and struggle through without considering robot order, and without going back to collect armor and heart tanks, so if I was persistent enough to get to the sigma stages I had minimal health and no armor or upgraded buster.

As an adult, doing things the 'correct' way, the game is almost too easy, and I think the sigma stages suffer from being kinda simple and boring, particularly Sigma-3. The robot masters and their stages are absolutely the highlight of the game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

going to save the final Sigma stretch for tomorrow when i have more time but

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

just realized the otacon clock app file is called alerm.txt lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mbt posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Been home sick the last couple days, getting some extra time in on DDS. This whole area has been making me laugh, especially the part with the jack brothers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I echo basically everything Arf had to say. A cool rear end game but there's just enough off where it doesn't really feel as satisfying to play as it probably should. Maybe it's the hit stun, maybe it's just the floaty and slightly awkward dash. It's ruthlessly punishing until you find the armor upgrade and a single E tank and then basically the entire game is trivialized. The boss refights are cool but the Sigma levels feel pretty boring and the new bosses are really frustrating to be placed at the end of a gauntlet level. Visuals and music are a 10/10 of course.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Sigma levels definitely feel like an afterthought especially compared to some of the Wily levels in the main series

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMk9tsCjsc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mega Man X is one of the first games I ever owned and everything about its music and aesthetic holds up today. the maverick stages are a lot of fun, but I agree with the others that the Sigma stages are an afterthought comparatively