Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
who knows better what to do with buttons, a horse or a goon?

i'm really not certain here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Fritz types by clopping their hoof down in code to a handler

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

While you're here could you change my custom title from saying "Harold Fjord has hit his spending limit" to "some plague rats has hit her spending limit"?

no because we don't know that she was buying other people avs, just herself. so this gag does not work!!

TheSwizzler posted:

probe Fritz

do it

they're welcome to if they can but I think maybe they literally can't probe admins?

pretty sure IKs can probe mods. don't get too buck wild with this

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheSwizzler posted:

Fritz types by clopping their hoof down in code to a handler

Fritz only makes decisions based on his trainer's subliminal signals.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Fritz the Horse posted:

no because we don't know that she was buying other people avs, just herself. so this gag does not work!!

they're welcome to if they can but I think maybe they literally can't probe admins?

Yeah I kinda wanted to see if it was possible

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

This IK only buys custom titles for themself. This IK only buys custom titles for others. Which IK had a psychotic episode? Both.

Sorry, I'm the IK of the Seville thread, I can only change titles for those who do not want their own changed.

I've been trying to figure out whether I can change my own title for like five years now

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

seth should still be on-sight imo

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

bawk posted:

that is a tradition I'd like to see continue

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

bawk posted:

i feel like we should be fostering a spirit of forgiveness. give seth the zaurg rule; one post a month

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

Sounds like it's time for some experiments. For purely informational and not at all entertainment reasons.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Fritz the Horse posted:

I cannot probe Fritz. The button is there, but it goes to a "sorry this action is prohibited!" screen.

I also cannot edit his posts. Neither he, not vyelkin, nor Pragmatica have the same "revise!" button.

I feel like this might be because of previous lessons learned but I'm just spitballing here

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Sounds like it's time for some experiments. For purely informational and not at all entertainment reasons.

i promise to learn and not be entertained

edit: I upheld my promise

skeleton warrior posted:

I cannot probe Fritz. The button is there, but it goes to a "sorry this action is prohibited!" screen.

I also cannot edit his posts. Neither he, not vyelkin, nor Pragmatica have the same "revise!" button.

I feel like this might be because of previous lessons learned but I'm just spitballing here

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

skeleton warrior posted:

Thank you for your rigor in checking multiple admins. Another Sagas success story.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Fritz the Horse posted:

don't get too buck wild with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zFktT_lTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Do1CfWTzcs

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I have always been commended on my scientific approach to loving things up.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

skeleton warrior posted:

This is why sebmojo being the op of a previous thread was bad, the IKs couldn't edit in new stuff

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This saga always gave me a chuckle

from Jeph Lund/boniface/mobute sese seko getting interviewed about something

astral
Apr 26, 2004

skeleton warrior posted:

Also: props to whomever set up the "edit other user's posts" screen for mods to have giant red text saying "THIS IS NOT YOUR POST" because I am not yet used to the new buttons and while I've seen plenty of "quote is not edit" mistakes, in attempting to quote TheSwizzler's post there I almost commited the first "edit is not quote" mistake I think I'd have seen

I think Seth was the straw that broke the camel's back on this one about a year ago. I was never a big fan of the idea but it seems like it's been helpful. :cheers:

Credit should truly go to Jeffrey for wanting the feature.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Brute Squad posted:

RIP Jim

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

Wasn't boniface the one who got annihilated by a twelve year old?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wasn't boniface the one who got annihilated by a twelve year old?

Surprisingly no. That was Abraham.

Boniface was basically the Michael Corleone of Helldump until he suddenly disappeared because his wife/girlfriend caught him cybering with a girl goon.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i thought that was smash mouth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That DICK! posted:

i thought that was smash mouth.

That was DocEvil, who was tag teamed by Smashmouth, Guy Fieri, his own bad fashion sense and social awkwardness, and finally the San Jose Sharks mascot off the top rope.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I was so confused about why there were extra buttons at the top of the thread now lol

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

I bought a Dr. Pepper Strawberries & Cream out of curiosity and it's really not as bad as I was expecting. But I doubt I'll buy it again tbh.

I have a bottle in my fridge but I am scared to try it. I think worse than it being bad would be if it was delicious and then it would go away and I would be sad.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Thank you for your rigor in checking multiple admins. Another Sagas success story.

Tbh I thought like every mod/ik tried probing admins as soon as they got buttons and access to a post to hit. I know I did.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

astral posted:

I think Seth was the straw that broke the camel's back on this one about a year ago. I was never a big fan of the idea but it seems like it's been helpful. :cheers:

Credit should truly go to Jeffrey for wanting the feature.

It has been helpful! It was because someone made an effort post and I had just woken up and excitedly wanted to quote it but instead of quoting the post I had accidentally edited it out and didn't realize it until I submitted

I felt really bad about that one

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Elmnt80 posted:

I have a bottle in my fridge but I am scared to try it. I think worse than it being bad would be if it was delicious and then it would go away and I would be sad.

Tbh I thought like every mod/ik tried probing admins as soon as they got buttons and access to a post to hit. I know I did.

It is pretty delicious, but doesn't overwhelm the cola either. A nice little strawberry milkshake aftertaste. It works out quite well imo!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

That was DocEvil, who was tag teamed by Smashmouth, Guy Fieri, his own bad fashion sense and social awkwardness, and finally the San Jose Sharks mascot off the top rope.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
does the ththing that ads the mouseover text for flags work for all img...

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Hi Seth

iks get his rear end

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hey Swizz what's up

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, also any mod that has been a mod longer than like a month is lying if they say that they haven't edited a post instead of quoting it. Especially if they are on the awful app or something.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hey Swizz what's up

quoting so IKs can probe this guy on site

no need to thank me for my service :patriot: :911:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Shifty deciding to use the Harold opening

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

patrick stump rear end mfer

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I remember seeing a really cool effort post about some poster's travel to an area in China where they met people of an ethnic minority and had a lot of detail about their history and great photos, and then a mod edit-is-not-quoted it and accidentally erased it all

Extremely tragic but also, quite funny

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It has been helpful! It was because someone made an effort post and I had just woken up and excitedly wanted to quote it but instead of quoting the post I had accidentally edited it out and didn't realize it until I submitted

it was you!!!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah it was lmao

I really did feel bad about it because I really liked that post! But something good came out of it so silver lining and all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

its like if lennie got the rabbit farm