Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My theory for why he still gets minutes over Vlatko is that the coaches just love sick dunks too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
should have retired bruh
lol he did all he could

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1639835648726274048

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Trey Murphy 10/12 from 3 and Ingram with b2b 10+ assist games with 0 turnovers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
today I learned Dellavedova is on the kings

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

temple posted:

should have retired bruh
lol he did all he could

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1639835648726274048

that's crazy that he's still playing at 42

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
He's played 46 total minutes, spread across 6 games, this season and has gone 1/12 from the field. Still somehow impressive.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Declan MacManus posted:

that's crazy that he's still playing at 42

He's not. He is somewhere between bench coach, mascot, and team security.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Reminder Haslem wants to transition to a minority owner that hangs out in the locker room

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Luke Kennard shot 10/11 from 3 for his career best yesterday, also a Grizzlies record. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WdClVK4ic

Since becoming a Grizzly he's shot 54.7% on threes.

Yeah he’s a sniper. He was pretty solid on the Clippers BUT he plays with his hair all the time cause he’s balding he should just let it go.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1639726875160506368?s=19

:same:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this is true its really bad

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I always try but

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I’ll never get the few holdouts arguing young players who can hold their own in Euroleague aren’t playing real competition after watching a Madness final where like the two teams made one shot in 5 mins

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Isentropy posted:

where like the two teams made one shot in 5 mins

are you talking about 2016 game 7

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

are you talking about 2016 game 7

Ha! I just have this memory of watching a NCAA final where like no one at all could make a shot. Probably got way better since then but that really turned me off

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Isentropy posted:

Ha! I just have this memory of watching a NCAA final where like no one at all could make a shot. Probably got way better since then but that really turned me off

I think that was the Gordon Hayward's Gonzaga vs Kemba Walker's UConn game.

Dick Boss
Mar 20, 2023

by Hand Knit
It's today's NBA, do you take prime Shaq or current Joker?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Always Prime Shaq

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RCarr posted:

Always Prime Shaq

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

RCarr posted:

Always Prime Shaq

Imagining Shaq in a modern NBA offense is crazy. He wouldn't be Jokic level on passing but he was a pretty underrated passer around the hoop, so I could see modern schemes getting him more opportunities to feed a cutter.

He was just such a big, strong guy I can't imagine him not succeeding in any era. Prime Shaq in the age of HD video has like two all timer dunk reels produced in each season.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
The only modern player that combines size and explosiveness anywhere near what Shaq had is Zion. You have to take a player like that. It's hard to imagine a player like that not succeeding in any era, barring injuries.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

I think that was the Gordon Hayward's Gonzaga vs Kemba Walker's UConn game.

It was post-Hayward Butler, not Gonzaga, and that was probably the worst game ever. But even this past week UCLA went 11 minutes without a field goal and nearly won anyway.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bismack

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

that block Biyombo had on Embiid's fadeaway last night was probably the only time I've ever seen someone do that to him

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
forums poster Euphronius wakes up in a cold sweat. Has his power gone out? He carefully moves his plate of digestifs and nearly-empty glass of warm milk, then picks up the flickering candlestick from his bureau as he wiggles his feet into his slippers. The hallway outside of his chambers is dark, save for a flickering green light on the left. He swallows, then enters the infernal room…!

An amiga two flashes the message “MVP ALSORAN JOEL HANS EMBIID WAS SHUT DOWN BY SIX FOOT SEVEN JOURNEYMAN THIRD STRING CENTER BISMACK BIYOMBO. KEVIN DIRANT..WELCOME TO THE VALLEY

>: “

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

It looks like just a chest pass while he scowls?? I mean, I'm aware I would absolutely snap both of my wrists trying to catch this, but based on the description it sounds like he baseball pitched the ball at the ref

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Bismack Billabongo posted:

An amiga two flashes the message “MVP ALSORAN JOEL HANS EMBIID WAS SHUT DOWN BY SIX FOOT SEVEN JOURNEYMAN THIRD STRING CENTER BISMACK BIYOMBO. KEVIN DIRANT..WELCOME TO THE VALLEY

>: “

lol as long as that fraud Jokic doesn't get another MVP!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Isentropy posted:

I’ll never get the few holdouts arguing young players who can hold their own in Euroleague aren’t playing real competition after watching a Madness final where like the two teams made one shot in 5 mins

Euroleague can have long stretches of complete trash too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
In today's NBA, Shaq probably would have been forced to stay in shape one way or another, and if he does that he is utterly unstoppable.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

nikosoft posted:

It looks like just a chest pass while he scowls?? I mean, I'm aware I would absolutely snap both of my wrists trying to catch this, but based on the description it sounds like he baseball pitched the ball at the ref

And the ref caught it, it's not like he drilled someone in the back of the head.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was post-Hayward Butler, not Gonzaga, and that was probably the worst game ever. But even this past week UCLA went 11 minutes without a field goal and nearly won anyway.

I knew I had gotten the school wrong but it was super late and I was too lazy to fact check it. Forgot that Hayward wasn't in that game, though.

And, yeah, worst title game ever.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shaq would just have the Assets Guys talking constantly about how he's useless because he doesn't shoot threes, the only acceptable offense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

do we respect the hustle on this?
https://twitter.com/vidsthatgohard/status/1639688600370442240

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I mean need some more context, but I'll allow it provisionally.

Get that Weak poo poo outta here.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

props to the kids petitioning for a travel

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That kids not even trying to dribble

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

you gotta pump fake that poo poo and wheel a bit forward to get the and1

hifi
Jul 25, 2012