Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKevman posted:

Peak dubs forum chat was We Believe and 2013 playoff run when Steph did the no look 3 vs Denver and they took the spurs to 6.

In both of those cases 90% of posters (including Foochs, no matter what he says :laugh: ) were pro dubs and we were all one big happy family against the evil competition :argh:

Don't put words in my mouth. I was absolutely pro Warriors then and I'll say so publicly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If he shoots like Lonzo did in college then he's at least a late lottery. I could see him being top-10 then. But I feel like there's a gap between where he is and that. He's got the tools to bridge it though so we'll see. I feel like his shot mechanics look pretty good but the release is a little low and little slow. That may or may not be a problem in college.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vox Nihili posted:

Let's see some Suns-Nuggets games before we start talking about the Nuggets breezing their way to the finals.

I think the Suns would also roll through Lakers or Warriors, though the Suns have more implode chance.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Don't put words in my mouth. I was absolutely pro Warriors then and I'll say so publicly.

:allears: those were the days :allears:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Equating KD to the Suns as being anywhere close to the same level of league breaking as KD to the Warriors is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Let痴 not compare KD joining the team who had the best record in the league the previous season with the previous time he did that.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!
I will never forgive KD for abandoning his team (the Seattle Supersonics)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Let’s not compare KD joining the team who had the best record in the league the previous season with the previous time he did that.

It's still not, because the Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, and an rear end load of draft picks for KD. The Warriors SIGNED him.

Are people really this obtuse?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There are really crazy playoff series happening right now

Lets just discuss that and forget about warriors legacy beef below this line.

覧覧覧覧覧覧

All three games tonight could result in series ending wins

Who痴 most likely to stave off rods and reels?

Seems like Minnesota might have one more bullshit game in them?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Kyle Anderson is out and they are making a shortish turnaround to play IN Denver, which is never good.

However, I can see this being one of those "Let's just try whatever, we're playing with house money" type games where the Bullshit can run supreme. Timberwolves lose by 20 or maybe they pull out a complete BS type win.

It'd be nice to avoid the gentleman's sweep.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

覧覧覧覧覧覧

All 3 games are double digit point spread faves so whoever does (assuming anyone does!) is gonna win underdog bettors some serious coin.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

let's go the atlanta hawkses

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TheKevman posted:

All 3 games are double digit point spread faves so whoever does (assuming anyone does!) is gonna win underdog bettors some serious coin.

I知 about to ise my free draftkings 1000 dollars to make a fortune

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dejan Bimble posted:

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Wolves are the only one with a shot, Hawks may have had a shot until Murray got himself suspended :laffo:

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

Minnesota and Atlanta are both cooked imo, it would take a Butler-esque performance by Ant to keep them in it. Don't think either can pull it off on the road.

The Suns have looked way shakier than I expected, if Russ keeps it up and the Clippers role players show up, I think they have the best chance to steal another.

Likeliest outcome today is three finished series though.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

I知 about to ise my free draftkings 1000 dollars to make a fortune

A $100 parlay at the moneyline odds that ESPN says in the matchups pays 192:1 or $19,200 for a $100 bet if all 3 dogs win outright :monocle:

Multiply that by 10x and you might have enough for 2 court side seats to warriors game 6 :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Kyle Anderson is out and they are making a shortish turnaround to play IN Denver, which is never good.

However, I can see this being one of those "Let's just try whatever, we're playing with house money" type games where the Bullshit can run supreme. Timberwolves lose by 20 or maybe they pull out a complete BS type win.

It'd be nice to avoid the gentleman's sweep.

According to that tweet I posted before this series is going seven games

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

TheKevman posted:

A $100 parlay at the moneyline odds that ESPN says in the matchups pays 192:1 or $19,200 for a $100 bet if all 3 dogs win outright :monocle:

Multiply that by 10x and you might have enough for 2 court side seats to warriors game 6 :v:

I might have to crack the seal on gambling

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
https://twitter.com/crumpledjumper/status/1650905669766385664?s=46&t=m7M2hSFPsMoubJP7KxMwLQ

Me, looking at this image: man, Tim Duncan was so good, we do not talk about him enough

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Nononononononono don't do this my hands are clean. My hands are clean!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I知 super annoyed that all the series that are gonna end early are on the same schedule so we池e gonna have a day with 4 games and then a day with no games

The NBA should flex the Kings/GSW games back a night so Fox can heal and we can have basketball every night

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Scott Fosters music is playing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TheKevman posted:

Man I love getting easy money for free

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Before the first round I put down Boston in 5 over ATL, Denver in 5 over MIN, and Phoenix in 6 over LAC.

Looking at it now just before these do or die game fives, I think I expect the opposite of what I wrote down earlier. Not out of a gambler's defeatism, mind you.

The Clippers seem cooked without Kawhi, a good squad that cant hold a candle to how many threats the Suns have. Norman Powell's 5yr/90m seemed like a lot but yeah, I guess he is worth that for a 20 minutes in the playoffs guard you can bump up to 30 minutes and hang in there. Let's see if Westbrook can find him open looks again.

The Wolves believe in Anthony Edwards even if they don't believe in themselves. Jokic and Gordon need to get bullied out of the paint by Gobert and Towns, together. If Jokic can get drawn out to the perimeter, I believe Conley can keep pace or outshoot Murray and Porter, and that the Wolves have one more home game left in them. Quit letting the Nugs back in, punish the Nugs for resting Jokic for even a minute under 40.

Atlanta is a wild card. They live and die by the three. Boston have clearly better starters and a slightly better bench, but I'm just marveling how guys like Okongwu and Bogdan Bogdanovic are so good and yet not enough to crack the 30 minute threshold of starters/sixth men.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Rick posted:

It is wild that in general LeBron and AD don't take charges but have each taken a Ja attempt at murder via dunk so far. My theory is that he's so fast they don't even have time to make the business decision to get out of the way.

i mean Morant weighs maybe 165lbs. Im pretty sure i could take a charge from him.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's still not, because the Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, and an rear end load of draft picks for KD. The Warriors SIGNED him.

Are people really this obtuse?

No, the point is when you have an opportunity to add Durant to your team, you do it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Thank you. Playoffs too interesting for offseason style rehashes of the offseason circular arguments.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean playing for a team is just a job. You should always move on to greener pastures if you can

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OzFactor posted:

https://twitter.com/crumpledjumper/status/1650905669766385664?s=46&t=m7M2hSFPsMoubJP7KxMwLQ

Me, looking at this image: man, Tim Duncan was so good, we do not talk about him enough

The conversation really needs to be about the fact that Lebron has managed an ongoing career without ever having serious injury or setback which is insane. Chet and Victor on the other hand look like someone pulled taffy too far apart and they are going to shatter their feet or ankles at least 2x in their career.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean playing for a team is just a job. You should always move on to greener pastures if you can

yes relitigating the Warriors Durant is incredibly loving boring. we have crazy as gently caress playoffs to talk about! including how the Warriors are about to win their first round fraudulently after employing a hedge wizard to cast the Fate of Bjuna on DeAaron Fox's finger bones 😡

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

JackBandit posted:

Klay went off the charts on the loser scale with his four rings thing this year. He gives off a crazy prep school vibe.

For real, Klay is to trash talk as Elon Musk is to posting.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I think the Nuggets will win easily tonight as long as they get an at least okay game from Murray tonight. He was bad on Sunday.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I bet on the first Nuggets game this season against the Jazz because I thought it'd be an easy win.

I have not bet on the NBA since.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Betting on the NBA isn't fun imo. Betting on NASCAR absolutely rules though.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

pentyne posted:

Chet and Victor on the other hand look like someone pulled taffy too far apart and they are going to shatter their feet or ankles at least 2x in their career.

Brandon Ingram and Kevin Durant are two off the top of my head I remember thinking how they'd get snapped in half early in their career.

It's wild what an NBA regime and offseason does for you.

the mean lunch lady posted:

I think the Nuggets will win easily tonight as long as they get an at least okay game from Murray tonight. He was bad on Sunday.

They seemed to be coasting for the sweep, besides Jokic. Was not real entertaining. I'm curious if they still come out with a "We got this, no worries" way or a foot on the pedal "End it"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
They池e gonna come out guns blazing. They play pretty much the same way on offense regardless, but coasting vs their Big Game mentality is visible on defense. They池e gonna fly around and kill the Wolves offense.

I知 not concerned, I think the Minnesota win was pretty fluky. Conley痴 corner-bank-three was one of the wildest shots I致e ever seen.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

OzFactor posted:

People don't talk about him because he was super boring to watch. He was a consistently excellent player that would put you to sleep with every 20/10/5 night.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Timmy D痴 giant gently caress you 3 against the SSOL suns in the WCF might致e been the most exciting shot I致e ever seen. He was also awesome to watch imo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

minnesota can push it to six and feel okay but they have a bunch of stuff they need to fix to get where they want

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

i am a moron posted:

Timmy D痴 giant gently caress you 3 against the SSOL suns in the WCF might致e been the most exciting shot I致e ever seen. He was also awesome to watch imo

I can picture that entire sequence in my head crystal clearly

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The broader NBA world thinks Kobe was better than Duncan lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tim rules, that finals against miami was about the highest level of basketball i've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've always been more of a bulls fan than an nba fan, but i don't know if i've ever liked watching two guys play more than diaw and manu and i'll always have a soft spot for parker because his exponentially shittier little brother played for northwestern.