Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I really REALLY wish you could place turrets on a slope. Any slope. It's so restrictive.

Last night, I was fighting in a hellish meat grinder at the amerish's crown (trying to get into eastern tunnle). NC owned the base, TR inside the cavern. The tunnel entrance in an uphill slope and you can't place any engie turrets there. Good god that fight was unholy. It was late night enough that there were no squad leaders online, but not late enough for everyone else apparently. So EVEYONE was fighting there and only there.

I didn't mind though. I switched to max like a smart person and proceeded to commit war crimes to no end. I just kept maxing and it kept working. God drat, I have so many kills with the max and i hardly play it these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Rexxed posted:

There's a new amazon prime PS2 bundle for Feb/March starting today with new Max helmets and Cold Fire afterburners for ESFs on all of the factions and NSO as well. They look kind of silly in the promo image but seem nicer in game.

https://gaming.amazon.com/prime-seek-and-destroy-bundle/dp/amzn1.pg.item.42083cce-ff70-4ca7-acd4-5652001c3aa1

Def grabbing this

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I really REALLY wish you could place turrets on a slope. Any slope. It's so restrictive.

Last night, I was fighting in a hellish meat grinder at the amerish's crown (trying to get into eastern tunnle). NC owned the base, TR inside the cavern. The tunnel entrance in an uphill slope and you can't place any engie turrets there. Good god that fight was unholy. It was late night enough that there were no squad leaders online, but not late enough for everyone else apparently. So EVEYONE was fighting there and only there.

I didn't mind though. I switched to max like a smart person and proceeded to commit war crimes to no end. I just kept maxing and it kept working. God drat, I have so many kills with the max and i hardly play it these days.

I think I repped you (or another GOKU max) at the big tower fight on Oshur late last night. Someone with a three letter name anyway. I kind of like how they built that base since it uses the normal tower but changes the layout by removing teleporters and blocks up so many of the normal exits. It makes it a bit more of a fortress but with all of the capture points being outside it can still be hard to hold. Makes an okay three way fight for late nights, although it still pales compared to Nason's on Hossin.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

That was me! I'm Alb in-game. Thanks buddy!

Goku is dead as dinosaurs these days. Every time I'm on, I'm the only one online. I 100% solo pub now, jumping into public platoons, and it's alright. I tend to play a lot of tanks (have the 20% ASP discount too). I absolutely LOVE the new VS cannons for mag and lightning.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I saw some GOKU on a Saturday last month, I think, doing some ops. I don't think it's as regular as it used to be, though.

The new big VS outfit on Emerald seems to be R18 who pretend to be Chinese but seem to have members from the US and Australia as well as all over the place, but they're a larger presence in late night fights with N7jpicardo (their lead) enjoying dumping huge pop on bases when they can. Depending on the time of day there'll be more R18 than SKL, even. There's still a lot of chuds on TR but I think PIGS largely fell apart in 2021 when I wasn't playing much. They still exist but I barely see anyone in there, kind of like The Enclave.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Yeah gokus still got an active discord but we almost never play anymore. If you hop in there though kv or I will make an announcement if one of us gets a wild hair to do Ops again.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I should join goku on my vanu just for the hell of it, I play very rarely but when I do it's on TR on my 1TR character. vs guns are fun though and I want to try to unlock the Betelgeuse eventually!
last time I played 1TR were good people though. fun times running ops with them

smg infiltrater and CQC sniping are just too fun for me to give them up long term :allears: I have never gotten as many rage tells as when I'm running my smg infil. people get so loving mad lmao

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 5, 2023

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

zeldadude posted:

I should join goku on my vanu just for the hell of it, I play very rarely but when I do it's on TR on my 1TR character. vs guns are fun though and I want to try to unlock the Betelgeuse eventually!
last time I played 1TR were good people though. fun times running ops with them

smg infiltrater and CQC sniping are just too fun for me to give them up long term :allears: I have never gotten as many rage tells as when I'm running my smg infil. people get so loving mad lmao

I've had some good runs lately with SMG infil on my NSO character. They have a 3x burst SMG that will drop a lot of people fast. I'm not sure if I like it, the Kappa, or the Gladius the most.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Little patch for St. Patrick's day, although it's mostly cosmetic bundles in the store and a few bug fixes:
https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/mar-8-2023

quote:

Server Performance Progress
Work continues on resolving the server performance issues taking place during high-population hours, and even more so on Amerish. There are two main culprits we're investigating at the moment, the first is a character's "creation" in the zone, and the second has to do with NPCs running unnecessary checks in large areas.

For the first issue, we've noticed an unexpected amount of time being devoted to creating a character on a zone. In this case, "creating a character" refers to the act of a player warping to a zone for the first time (not the act of creating a character at the character create screen.) During our last telemetry capture, this was happening a little more than once per second as there tends to be a trickle of players into active combat zones during high-pop hours.

The second issue is that certain NPCs seem to be sweeping for nearby players over large areas, to determine whether certain interactions are valid. CTF NPCs in particular are among those we're looking into. Given that Amerish has the most CTF bases, and tends to be a popular continent in general, this could point to why performance seems to be worse there. This isn't confirmed just yet, but we're adding additional Telemetry instrumentation to this update to allow us to acquire more granular information in future captures.

TL;DR – Server performance continues to be a work-in-progress, and we have a few leads that we're actively looking into.

St. Patrick's Day 2023
From Mar. 17 through Mar. 26, the Wyrdwood Bundle, Green Fortune Bundle, Gold Lover's Bundle, and more St. Patrick's Day items return to the Depot, alongside the new offerings below!

New to the Depot
Jackpot Bundle - 2999 DBC
This bundle contains Jackpot weapons from previous years all in one place.

NS "Jackpot" Decimator (Common Pool Rocket Launcher)
NS-44 "Jackpot" Commissioner (Common Pool Sidearm)
"Jackpot" Cerberus (VS Sidearm)
TX2 "Jackpot" Emperor (TR Sidearm)
LA3 "Jackpot" Desperado (NC Sidearm)

St. Patrick's Day Bundle 2023 - 3999 DBC
Be the luckiest soldier on the field with this new LMG-laden bundle.

Golden Closer Decal (Outfit Decal)
Golden Clover Camo (Common Pool Camo)
VE-H "Jackpot" Maw (VS LMG)
MGR-L1 "Jackpot" Promise (NC LMG)
MG-H1 "Jackpot" Watchman (TR LMG)
"Jackpot" XMG-155 (NSO LMG)

The Jackpot LMG lineup.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
AP30 Shredder gunfire audio now plays correctly while firing single shots, and no longer gets into a bad state when shooting in full audio after firing single shots.
Especially low render distance settings no longer cause a bright circular area to appear in the center of the screen.
Unusable mission reward notification no longer appears for players who had banked rewards prior to the overview screen changes.
Fixed an issue where map timers could appear stuck at 0:00.
Fixed an issue where the CTF base capture progress counter could get stuck in a low opacity state on the map screen.
Using the search bar in the depot now also gives you the option to search for items within a specific category.
While on the Voice and Chat screen, pressing the Enter key no longer opens the smaller chat box window.
Increased the range at which Mandibles will appear on the ANT when viewed from a distance.
Updated the low ammo warning sound on the AF-6 Shadow, HSR-1, Nyx VX31, Warden, GD Guardian, AMR-66, DMR-99, and Eidolon VE33.
NSO suppressed weapon audio volume and falloff should now be more consistent with other factions' suppressed weapons.
ADVX Mako sniper rifle no longer plays incorrect audio while suppressed.

edit: also I mentioned R18 being a huge outfit that started on Emerald VS in the last few months. Apparently their leader guy N7jpicardo is a old school follower of buzzcutpsycho and they're the same kind of bigots at the the enclave, so that's lovely. I haven't seen much about it in game but I also have voice comms muted and I suspect that's where a lot of the worst stuff might get said? I don't know. Huge reddit thread about it popped off today.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 9, 2023

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Yeah. That R18 stuff is wild. I get a little story about that:

I mainly play solo, and often join public platoons. R18 has been showing up on the public lists there for some time.

One night someone mentioned something about gender in voice chat, and another guy started acting like a stereotypical Karen, flamboyantly complaining about this gender/pronoun, as a joke. I didn't find it funny and decided to just leave.

Also, their leadership style just kinda sucks. I've been kicked a bunch of times for not deploying fast enough (never happened before) and I've been singled out and told to switch to heavy assault multiple times (I hate playing HA). Ugh.

Then this dramabomb hit. And holy :yikeseroo: that's a lot of bigotry. VS legit has its own little TE outfit these days now.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Yeah, I wouldn't have known about it from just seeing them in game, but I don't really join squads very often. I would not have put up with someone being mad I'm not a heavy if I wanted to play something else. At least now that it's out there, you can be sure that the only people who stay in R18 are awful and best avoided.

Anyway, I've been spending some time with the new tank weapons. I don't use the Chimera that often because I usually drive tanks aggressively and it just can't do that, it's too big and easy to hit, and lacks stuff you can pop to make it more defensive or offensive, unlike the Vanguard or Prowler. With the Larion PPC for the Chimera being the new weapon for that tank, I decided to try it out and see about learning how to use it as a medium to long range sniper. It's a flat 700 damage weapon with no drop or range consideration that I can find so far. The velocity could be better but I'm working on getting used to it with a 2x scope which is the highest magnification it has. I've got reload speed and ammo maxed out and I'm using the combat chassis for the Chimera since it can reverse at 60 kph and sometimes that's helpful.

Here's a little video which is just me learning how to shoot this thing so it's not impressive or anything, but maybe folks will want to see how to tank snipe with a particle beam thing. I think I have 50 kills with it now. I play at 1440 so it looks a little blurry rendered down to 1080 but whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxclK4smngs

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

R18, the now widely recognized bigoted trash outfit, was trying to organize an event where they'd have 100 people online and dominate prime time last night. They were calling it "talk poo poo, get hit." When I logged in I noticed VS was getting warpgated on like every continent. Turns out that almost every other outfit went on TR and NC to make this happen because gently caress R18. Very good.

I finally got the Betelgeuse after 10 years. I also recently got the GODSAW and Fortuna on NC. I don't really focus on one character or class or weapon too much so this seems reasonable. I think having ASP points to use LMGs as an engineer has sped things up.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

New changes are being tested on the PTS. You never really know if they'll all be implemented but the patch notes are interesting.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/mar-16-2023-pts-update-max-a2g-and-new-abilities.260749/

Re-adding the faction class specific abilities that were from part of the shattered warpgate story. My NSO will get his little repair robot friend back, VS get a speedy infil cloak, NC get a heavy ability that lowers damage to allies nearby, TR gets a medic ability to aoe heal some allies.

Maxes won't be able to be ressed and have some weapon changes (mostly NC max shotties have lower damage at range). Headshot damage on max weapons goes down from 2x to1.5x. Maxes also become 350 nanites after those changes to account for the lack of ability to res. New fallout hardening ability to help with orbital damage (since those are currently one way to kill every max inside a building).

Air hammer and Banshee get their blast damage toned down a little.

Nimitz reactor shield on vanguards gets some improvements.

A few other changes including making the first character on a new account go through the tutorial and it's not skippable. It may even help when those weird xp farming bots make alts to stand around an ammo pack and shoot but who knows.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
They really hate Vanu, don't they? (Seriously? Vanu gets something to run away faster. Every other faction gets a straight buff to their ability to absorb damage.)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I hope this is them just putting some of the campaign stuff back in to see how it goes. More faction flavor isn't bad but there were multiple campaign parts that had new stuff for the different factions. In the first part with the Shattered Warpgate the VS medics got an AOE field that damaged opponents, NC engineers had a deployable that added 50 shield to allies near it, NSO infils got a cloak that didn't have an energy use but instead acted like a 100 damage shield, so you'd just drop out of cloak and couldn't reactivate it until your shield was available again, making your shield the determining factor to cloaking and not energy. TR heavies had combat stims that gave them health regen and flinch resistance for 15 seconds. I think the NSO one was the best one from that part but I didn't use any of them very much since I was really unhappy with the Shattered Warpgate Ch.1 due to the fruit farming and stuff. The stuff they're looking to re-add here is from the Distance Shores campaign with the Oshur unlock, but the TR one in that actually was a max buff called ammo siphon which would drop ammo into your weapons over time, so this is a change from that.

I suspect that they'll look to implement more stuff like that which is already coded and mainly just needs to be tweaked since it adds things without a lot of development time. I kind of hope they add the rep and ammo beacons for Valks and Galaxies back in but I've already been impressed with the ANT Deliverer module and Galaxy Lodestar. In the Campaign those were separate vehicles but are now just defensive slot options for the associated vehicles. I don't think we're going to see a Valkyrie/ANT combo like the Wasp unless they do some more work on it since it was a little janky to use, but maybe some day!

With every faction specific thing, the other factions think it's overpowered. I think that will get some scrutiny here and we'll maybe see them adding more stuff which will balance it out. I wouldn't be opposed to every class getting a new ability on every faction but I think they're attempting to work on some more diversity between the factions. I could see VS getting the shield matrix pylon or something like that to provide an ability to help a group if it ends up being something that's argued about it. Also, the light assault jump pad deployable from the last campaign wasn't too overpowered (but also wasn't that useful outside of some really specific spots IIRC).

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

There's a new Prime gaming code (amazon). This one has ant cosmetics plus wheels for the sunderer, harasser, and flash. Also a Logistics (Perfect) implant for your whole account which is pretty good if you want to let your squad deploy into your vehicle (and it's not a valk, gal, or sundy already).
https://gaming.amazon.com/prime-demolition-bundle/dp/amzn1.pg.item.87e02328-d343-4992-86f8-4d5ede817a1e

Devs also posted an update to the PTS where they're working on max nerfs and stuff:
https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/mar-23-pts-notes-2023

The main changes are to the Perihelion VS tank weapon (you can't hold it charged up forever, like a lancer or vortex), and the JGX-12 and JGX-11 NC tank weapons nerfing them a bit. Also the Aegis shield for NC maxes will have an energy that drains over time, and the incoming triage pulse TR is getting on medics will require full medic energy and use it to do the pulse.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Today's the day (March 29th), the patch going in will make it so Maxes can't be revived. Also, there'll be double XP for everyone until the 3rd.

https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/mar-29-patch

quote:

All PC servers will be offline for the following update on Wednesday, March 29, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CET). The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 3 hours.
--

Server Performance Improvements
In this update, we've made significant performance optimizations to NPCs that can be "interacted with" by the player. These interactable NPCs include terminals, vehicles, generators, conduits, and certain mission objectives – basically any NPC that requires you to press a button to ask it to do something. Previously these NPCs would query interaction requirements on any character in range, even ones that aren't intending to use them. This change is especially important when it comes to CTF conduits, which were also checking for line of sight (another costly check) at sometimes long distances. We still have areas to investigate further when it comes to the creation of characters on a zone, but these NPC changes address one of the major areas of focus we outlined in an earlier update.

A Very Serious April
This year, April Fools is cancelled. We're still bringing back previous years holiday items, but we're not happy about it. You'll find last year's Jester's Bundle, The Schnoz (which gives an EXTRA 20% bonus experience while worn,) and the new Gone Fishing Bundle in the Depot through Apr. 09.

In accordance with this very serious holiday, we're also issuing DOUBLE EXPERIENCE for ALL PLAYERS through Apr. 03.

Gone Fishing Bundle - 1499 DBC
Gone Fishing Profile Banner (All Factions)
Tacklebox Drop Pod (All Factions)
Fishing Hat (VS, NC, TR, NSO)

The new Fishing Hat and Tacklebox Drop Pod. Fishing system sold separately.

Faction-Specific Class Abilities
In this update, each faction receives one new class ability! In most cases, these are abilities that were available as prototypes during previous Campaigns, with balance adjustments and cleanup where needed.

Hermes Cloaking (VS Infiltrator only)
Provides a speed-enhancing cloak with added fall resistance to help you maneuver around the battlefield.

Rank 1: Cloak lasts for 6.5 seconds, increases sprint speed by 20%, and recharges in 13 seconds.
Rank 2: Cloak lasts for 7 seconds, increases sprint speed by 20%, and recharges in 12.5 seconds.
Rank 3: Cloak lasts for 7.5 seconds, increases sprint speed by 20%, and recharges in 12 seconds.
Rank 4: Cloak lasts for 8 seconds, increases sprint speed by 20%, and recharges in 11.5 seconds.
Rank 5: Cloak lasts for 8.5 seconds, increases sprint speed by 25%, and recharges in 11 seconds.

Demeter Veil (NC Heavy Assault only)
While active, the Demeter Veil reduces incoming damage to you and nearby allies for up to 6 seconds, but doesn't target allied MAX or Heavy Assaults.

Rank 1: Reduces damage by 25% for up to 6 seconds. Protects allies within 5 meters and regenerates to full over 14 seconds.
Rank 2: Reduces damage by 25% for up to 6 seconds. Protects allies within 5 meters and regenerates to full over 13 seconds.
Rank 3: Reduces damage by 25% for up to 6 seconds. Protects allies within 5 meters and regenerates to full over 12 seconds.
Rank 4: Reduces damage by 25% for up to 6 seconds. Protects allies within 5 meters and regenerates to full over 11 seconds.
Rank 5: Reduces damage by 25% for up to 6 seconds. Protects allies within 6 meters and regenerates to full over 10 seconds.

Triage Pulse (TR Combat Medic only)
A pulse of healing nanites washes over nearby allies, causing them to regenerate health over time, and immediately restoring health for critically injured allies.

Rank 1: Allies within 6 meters heal 60 health per second for 5 seconds. Allies below 100 health are healed for 100 health immediately. 25 second cooldown.
Rank 2: Allies within 6 meters heal 60 health per second for 5 seconds. Allies below 100 health are healed for 125 health immediately. 25 second cooldown.
Rank 3: Allies within 6 meters heal 60 health per second for 5 seconds. Allies below 150 health are healed for 125 health immediately. 25 second cooldown.
Rank 4: Allies within 6 meters heal 60 health per second for 5 seconds. Allies below 150 health are healed for 150 health immediately. 25 second cooldown.
Rank 5: Allies within 6 meters heal 60 health per second for 5 seconds. Allies below 200 health are healed for 150 health immediately. 25 second cooldown.

Repair Drone (NSO Engineer only)
NSO Engineers have the option to replace their turret with a loyal drone that will repair nearby mechanical targets. Enemies can destroy this drone.

Rank 1: Repairs 40 health per second to mechanical targets within 10 meters. 45 second cooldown on deployment.
Rank 2: Repairs 43 health per second to mechanical targets within 10 meters. 45 second cooldown on deployment.
Rank 3: Repairs 46 health per second to mechanical targets within 10 meters. 45 second cooldown on deployment.
Rank 4: Repairs 49 health per second to mechanical targets within 10 meters. 45 second cooldown on deployment.
Rank 5: Repairs 52 health per second to mechanical targets within 10 meters. 45 second cooldown on deployment.

Each faction has received new class abilities. There's probably a VS Infiltrator in this shot somewhere.

MAX Adjustments
The updates to MAX units below are, as a whole, meant to reduce the lethality and longevity of this equipment on the battlefield.

MAX units can no longer be revived
This is a major change that we'll be keeping a close eye on. Please continue to share thoughts and feedback after this change makes it into the wild.

Other MAX Adjustments
Ordnance Armor now properly reduces damage from Infantry Lock-ons (type 68) by 20%. This was previously 0% for Infantry Lock-ons and 40% for Infantry Rocket Launchers (resist type 34.)
MAX nanite cost from 450 to 350, now in parity with the Defector.
Headshot multiplier for most MAX weapons reduced from 2x to 1.5x
MAX units can no longer equip the Safeguard or Phylactery implants.
Defector's Time Bomb no longer kills the user, and instead inflicts high self-damage and momentary slow upon detonation.
Added new "Fallout Hardening" defensive slot that reduces incoming Orbital Strike damage by 11/14/17/22% and Burning damage by 50/60/70/75/80%.

NC-specific MAX Adjustments
Aegis Shield (NC MAX Ability)

While the shield is active, energy now drains at a rate of 40 per second.
Energy recharge rate from 150 per second to 80 per second.
Dev Note: These changes reduce the overall uptime of the Aegis Shield, and force more conscious management of the energy resource.

NCM1 Scattercannon

From 5x pellets at 130@8m - 50@20m
To 5x pellets at 100@8m - 50@20m
Refire rate from 460ms to 500ms
AF-34 Mattock

From 3x pellets at 112@15m - 92@50m
To 3x pellets at 112@15m - 84@40m
AF-41 Hacksaw

From 5x pellets at 75@8m - 50@15m
To 5x pellets at 75@5m - 40@15m
AF-23 Grinder

From 10x pellets at 50@8m - 35@20m
To 8x pellets at 50@8m - 35@20m

Vehicle Adjustments
Nimitz Reactor (NC Vanguard Defensive Slot)

A depleted shield no longer has a longer shield recharge time than the one caused by the normal damage delay, and is instead standardized at 6 seconds upon receiving any damage.
Shield health regenerated per second from 100 at all ranks to 100/150/175/200 at ranks 1-4.
Activating Forward Vanguard Shield, Fire Suppression, or Smoke Screen will restore 500 shield health immediately.
Dev Note: The changes here are meant to make Nimitz Reactor a more viable defensive slot option.

Perihelion (VS Lightning/Magrider Main Cannon)

Charge time is no longer infinite, and can now be held for up to 5 seconds before automatically firing.
This weapon still reaches a Stage 2 charge at 1 second, and a Stage 3 charge at 3 seconds.
JGX-12 (NC Vanguard Main Cannon)

Direct damage from 650 to 600.
Blast damage damage from 450 to 400.
JGX-11 (NC Lightning Main Cannon)

Direct damage from 700 to 500.
Indirect damage from 250 to 350.
Reload speed from 3.75sec. to 4sec.
Dev Note: The intention behind these changes are to bring the overall damage output further in line with the Vanguard and Lightning's AP cannons, while retaining the alpha damage advantage these weapons exemplify.

ESF Infantry Lock-on Resistances

ESF Infantry Lock-on resist (type 68) from -130 to -100. (Note: The Scythe was errantly at -150 resist, instead of the intended -130 prior to this update.)
Dervish Infantry Lock-on resist (typ 68) from -125 to -60.
Dev Note: This pushes ESF into two lock-ons to burning, instead of two shots to kill; and the Dervish can now receive three hits before burning, instead of two.

M14 Banshee (TR Mosquito Nosegun)

Extended Magazine size from 6/9/12/15 to 2/4/6/8 rounds.
Maximum blast damage from 150 to 100.
M30 Mustang AH (NC Reaver Nosegun)

Reduced Extended Magazine skill line ranks from 4 to 2. This skill line has been refunded due to the reduction in ranks and will need to be repurchased.
Maximum blast damage from 100 to 60.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
Fixed an issue with the Ancient Psykinetic Blade looking "bunched up" under certain conditions.
Fixed an issue preventing the Platoon Color picker from appearing when the dropdown is selected.
Fixed a pixel-wide separation of tiling textures that would appear at certain mip levels.
The first character on a new account can no longer skip the tutorial.
Health and shield numerics has been defaulted on for new installations.
Disruptor Ammunition's effect is no longer cloned on a weapon it is not equipped on, if you have it equipped on different weapon in the loadout.
While on the redeploy screen, spawn option updates no longer close the remote vehicle spawn window.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
drat that is a pretty big change, balance wise. have maxes been popular lately? I always overcommit every time I spawn one so I never last long lol

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

zeldadude posted:

drat that is a pretty big change, balance wise. have maxes been popular lately? I always overcommit every time I spawn one so I never last long lol

In general, yeah, though I'm not sure that they're as ridiculous as some reddit posters make them out to be. I mostly think they're a problem in two places, personally. One is when a large group holds a point with multiple maxes at the chokepoints. It can be hard to break that even with a max rush from another large group. Being able to pick some off may help, or at least know that when one is down it won't be back up asap. The other time they're a problem is small fights late at night where you've only got a few on offense and defense but someone brings a max and it's pretty uneven. This doesn't really help with that but maybe it will discourage some people from pulling them at the slightest provocation. Since I mostly play solo I don't think the change will affect me very much, if I pull a max I sort of expect it to die and not get ressed. I mainly pull them to kill A2G spammers who are annoying me personally, though. That has also been toned down in the patch (well the banshee and air hammer) so we'll see if it's an improvement.

One thing that will be good is that when I kill an unsuspecting max with the linecutter (NSO specific anti-materiel rifle) with haywire ammo they won't get ressed. The haywire ammo applies a no-repairs havok effect to the max for a few seconds and sometimes it's just enough to knock them down.

edit: also it will be good when someone orbital strikes a room full of maxes they will be dead and not picked back up in 10 seconds. That may be a thing that the new Fallout Hardening suit slot will help against, though. I could see it being a necessity for point hold max loadouts but that will also make them easier to kill with other stuff. We'll see how it shakes out.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 30, 2023

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Maxed out safefall implant is actually extremely good on the max. Max already has a limited selection of implants, and safefall is a pretty easy pick for several reasons.

It protects from really long distance falls, and then final rank makes you every hard to road kill with vehicles (you just takes some small damage instead of dying, and just stand on top of the vehicle usually). It also makes you practically immune to the OS knockback effect killing you when you land. I've had my max get 75% damaged from OS dmg, then flung to the next base over, but I didn't take any damage thanks to safefall. Very good and useful.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Small patch tomorrow to fix a couple things, and they're making the full spectrum stuff (pride flag/rainbow decals and banners) 1 cert. Seems good!
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/apr-5-2023-pc-update.260880/

quote:

All PC servers will come down for the following update and extended global downtime on Wednesday, April 5, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CET). The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 6 hours.
--

Full Spectrum Items & Gender Change Token
Fixed an issue where Full Spectrum Decal could only be applied as an Outfit Decal.
Full Spectrum Decal can now be purchased for 1 Cert or 1 DBC.
Full Spectrum Banner can now be purchased for 1 Cert or 1 DBC.
Gender Change token will remain priced at 1 Cert or 1 DBC for the foreseeable future.

NSO Repair Drone
Fixed an issue preventing the Drone from repairing destroyed facility objects (i.e., turrets and terminals).
Fixed an issue preventing the Drone from repairing objects whose base is slightly below the terrain.
With these changes the Repair Drone should now be able to repair all targets that the Engineer's Repair Tool can repair.

Other Bug Fixes and Improvements
Pressing the Reload key will now always cancel a charge-up weapon's charge (even with a full magazine or empty ammo pool).
VS heat-based shotgun, Chaos, will no longer play a low ammo warning sound on every shot.
Removed text in the Codex and Loadout UI that mentioned Combat Medics being able to revive MAX units.
Updated icon of Logistics Specialist (Perfect) to match the treatment given other "Perfect" implants.

There's also been some more information about their construction update that's in the works. Looks cool so far with some new buildings that have multiple things in them, but I hope it's well integrated and not kind of a slog when these get added to specific spots in the lattices.
https://www.planetside2.com/news/update-under-construction

Also here was the April 1st joke, about tandem equipment. The images were the main good part as well as dunking on NSO as being able to be the support person, or stand near a VS mantis blade waiting for real VS to pick it up:
https://www.planetside2.com/news/introducing-new-teq

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I've been playing a lot of construction lately. I've streamlined my building process with lots of practice.

My ANT is pretty basic. Max stealth so enemies leave you alone more. Infantry radar is also pretty useful. I run with racer, as turning is not an issue.

I start by harvesting, and deploying and equipping a solo for 3000, and topping off before going to the build site.

The vehicle garage seems like the best building for a spawn/module housing place. You can fit all your mods plus some, and you have big shields on all sides too. I've tried the pillbox, but it's just too hard to fit stuff in it.

After that, you can start placing useful stuff. Vehicle pads, walls, turrets, artillery, etc. I always leave everything unlocked for public use. I find that it's always better when you have lots of folks helping out and contributing. You get more buildings, support vehicles in the field, and whatever else always helps. Let your base grow wild and free!

And now I recently got the OS after a long time, and HOLY HELL it's crazy easy kills and mayhem. If you don't have access to outfit orbitals, construction orbitals allow you to spam it every 30 or so minutes. I've used the flail for a long time, which is really good, but severely limited by the no-construction zones. OS doesn't care, though, and can blast wherever. It does feel a bit too powerful, but I don't think the same restrictions as the flail is the way to balance it.

If course, there's also the big upcoming construction update soon, which will totally change the game. New buildings, new module system, new everything! Very exciting.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 6, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Was there an eta on the construction update?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

There's no release date and it hasn't gone to testing yet. Last they wrote about it they're working on making some of the stuff actually function, but I think it's got a lot of back end coding and some rework of both the maps to support them in the lattice and also the new construction buildings and modules and whatnot since it's getting such an overhaul. Sometimes there's dev notes on Friday so unless they're taking a three day weekend maybe they'll have some more to talk about today. I'm guessing it's going to be a month or so, but I've been wrong before. They like to push out these big feature updates to bring people in and we're on the fifth Amazon gaming promotion (which probably gets a few people to come back or try the game), so they likely want to get a big update out while those are ongoing. I don't know how many amazon gaming lets you contract but I've seen 6-8 from other games if they do a multi-code release sequence.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So I'm getting back into this. Looks like GOKU pretty dead. Anyone still jamming on TR or Vanu?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I play all the factions but mostly solo at odd hours. BTW, if anyone is coming back after a while there's the Amazon prime gaming code for another week or two, and then also there's some in game codes. I think the best recent one was from Oshur release and includes an underwater gun (also Oshur directive in game gives you one, too). The extra life codes have some helmets and stuff, too. They didn't do a 10 year code but I think logging in during the 10 year event gave a decal or something, I can't remember.

Stealing the list from: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/we4zjj/currently_working_giftfreestuff_codes_2022/

quote:

PS2Escalation = NS-11P (Assault Rifle) + Platinum Compound Helmet

PSUARMORDECAL = PSU armor decal

PSUVEHICLEDECAL = PSU vehicel decal

5YEARSPS2 = PS2 5th anniv. decal (vehicle&armor)

6YEARSPS2 = NSX-P Naginata (LMG) + PS2 6th anniv. decal (vehicle&armor)

NSOPS2019 = NSX-P Tengu (SMG / Shotgun-Hybrid)

MLGREPORT = MLG decal (vehicle&armor) + 1h XP&recourse boost → ! Note¹

PS2WelcomeBack = NSX-P Tanto (Carbine) + Platinum NS Helmet

SURF2022 = UBR-300 Swordfish-P (Amphibious Rifle)

EXTRALIFE2021 = Contribution Headset

NineYearsPS2 = decal (probably similar to the other anniversary decals)

LEGACY2022 = NS-11c (Carbine) + NS Harrower (simple Melee/knife)

EXTRALIFE2022 = Benefactor Helmet

You can redeem them in the store page in game, there's a button on the left side for codes, or on the website. If you go to https://www.planetside2.com/home and then under Log In there's Enter Activation code that takes you to here (probably can't really follow this link unless you log in):
https://account.daybreakgames.com/a...planetside2.com

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

There's a new amazon prime gaming code for PS2. This one has Corsair cosmetics and a spear melee weapon:
https://gaming.amazon.com/prime-wavestinger-bundle/dp/amzn1.pg.item.7eba551d-193a-43ae-8573-10ef01cd4d27

Game's been pretty busy lately. Emerald had three continents open on Friday and Saturday night and I even saw Wrel playing at one point (he banned a guy who was teleport hacking into a biolab SCU under the floor and spamming attack on it). It's a shame they don't have staff that normally play or at least are available to observe like GMs to curtail that kind of stuff but I don't see it too often and at least he got one of them.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/april-28-pts-notes-2023

PTS notes for two test dates this Friday afternoon and Sunday morning (PST):
The current testing schedule is planned as follows:

Apr. 28 - 4pm PT (1am CET)
Apr. 30 - 11am PT (8pm CET)
Focused testing is planned to take place over the course of roughly an hour. Any event participants will receive the Analyst Helmet.

Not going to list the whole thing but they changed some Oshur bases, added more info about the construction revamp,

One of the big ones is Mirror Bay which is currently a weird tower base with 3 cap points around it is entirely redone in the patch to be a different kind of base:

quote:

Mirror Bay Watchtower
Renamed to Excavion Cleanup Site.
This base has been entirely redone, and now acts as a 4-point capture hybrid water/land base.
Water vehicles can now be spawned from this base.

Also in the misc section they're removing the ability to hack terminals through walls, probably because Wrel banned that guy who teleported under the SCU in a biolab last weekend.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I tried out the public test server event they did last weekend and it was kind of wild. I didn't copy my config so I kept having to change graphics settings and a lot of them don't want to change without a restart. If you hop on there for a test, make sure you grab your UserOptions.ini from the main game directory so you're not thrashing around too much. The new construction buildings are technically great, really well designed with a lot of nice features for moving around and fighting from them. I don't know if it's going to be good for the game with what they're doing with the open vehicle capture bases turning them into construction bases with all of the other changes they're making, but it will be something new. It does seem like a better integrated design with modules being slotted into buildings instead of just being little guys you drop on the ground, but at the moment most bases on a lattice are like a 4-6 minute capture if you zerg them down with some open vehicle bases being one or two minutes. I'm not sure what will happen after the construction changes.

I'd say the one thing I don't love is the change to Oshur's Mirror Bay tower. I don't mind it as it is, it's an okay late night farming base with room to have a three way faction fight. On the PTR it had essentially been thrown into the lake below and changed up entirely with four capture points around the various buildings. I think two are underwater? I might be mistaken but at least one is.

Someone on the ps2 reddit posted this imgur album of what it looked like last weekend:
https://imgur.com/a/s43ojjK

There are some new training missions that seem to get added for everyone with the update that will unlock the tree stand construction items for them (maybe some others afterwards as well).

They added some hotfix notes for the PTS that will be active tomorrow, but they're mostly changes for that's on the PTS now so they don't mean much to the game itself until that stuff goes live:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/may-5-2023-pts-hotfix.261025/

edit: camo is 40% off for Cinco de Mayo this weekend.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 5, 2023

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
What should I know as a new player?

There seems to be a lot of ways to earn certs which is good and there seems to be lots of incremental cert sinks which is troubling so besides the starter guns that are like 300 certs are there any pro purchases early on?

I rolled a Terran Republic toon and it seems to be that Heavy Assault is the prime way to make vehicles go away which is cutting into my other class time

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

40 Proof Listerine posted:

There seems to be a lot of ways to earn certs which is good and there seems to be lots of incremental cert sinks which is troubling so besides the starter guns that are like 300 certs are there any pro purchases early on?

I rolled a Terran Republic toon and it seems to be that Heavy Assault is the prime way to make vehicles go away which is cutting into my other class time

Don't buy new guns, the starter ones are perfectly good.

Focus on developing the class abilities and suitslots, starting with the medic.
The medtool, the aoe heal and the shield regen device can all earn you a lot of certs.

Babysitting a max suit and dropping ammo packs as an engineer can also print certs.

Buy the first rank of the deploy shield for the sunderer and drive one to every fight.

Do the easy and quick missions.

Don't waste certs on implant packs until later, but do the first rank of each class directive to get a small pack per class.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The most trouble that new players seem to have is learning to redeploy regularly (U key). It lets you get to the next fight or out of a bad fight with a 10 second cooldown (as long as you don't take damage in that 10 seconds). For purchasing stuff, they improved a lot of how the default loadouts work a couple of years back. Yes, you'll want to spend certs on gun attachments and medical kits and the like, but the starting weapons are pretty good. Also there's codes for some guns I posted back a few posts.

With the improved new player experience, things like the heavy shield start out in a pretty good way and spending certs on them only seems to decrease regen time, which is good but not as critical as it used to be. They used to absorb less damage at lower ranks. Some good things to spend certs on that will make you more certs are things like the medic tool, revive grenades (for large fights), engineer repair tool, engineer ammo box (most of these are found in the orange certifications button on each class loadout). Also you don't have to run nanoweave in the Suit slot any more since it used to reduce normal gun damage by 20% but no longer does (it does reduce some types of damage but more oriented to heavy weapons which are usually max guns and vehicle weapons). As such you could consider the advanced shield capacitor or flak armor.

Map knowledge is going to be a big one for new players. You'll see that there's only a few types of buildings in general but they arrange them differently for different bases. One thing to note is the little radar darts or beacons (recon deployables) that infiltrators can put down. If you move near those the opponents get a red dot on their mini map. It's good to keep an eye on if your side has some out and you want to know if someone's coming. The caveat is that the sensor shield implant can block someone from being seen on it and some folks (like me) use that a lot. Shooting guns will also make you show up on the mini map but suppressors for gun barrel attachments will stop that as well.

While the starting guns are good and shouldn't be overlooked it's normal to want to try other stuff. Camikaze78 did a video about what he thinks are good easy to use weapons for the factions. Here's his TR one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7o--QUwSo

I agree with a lot of those choices but I personally love the T32 Bull and the Lynx carbine and I seem to be in the minority there so I'd say just go with what other people like.

Another thing to keep in mind (and this will happen a lot) is that when you die, the kill cam doesn't show the kill. It shows the current location of your killer for a few seconds. So there's frequent yell chat about someone cheating and getting killed through a wall. It's just that they were killed and their killer hopped back to safety while the death animation played and then it showed their location. Actual cheaters are pretty rare and way more obvious; they teleport or fly around and kill dozens of people even inside spawn rooms.

I'm sure there's some other important stuff but the main one I'd consider is performance. FPS is tied to gun fire rate and TR has a lot of high RPM guns. Check out these videos if you want to get into lowering graphics for better performance. It doesn't look as good but it makes you more competitive and I'm sure you've noticed there's a lot of really good opponents who have been playing the game for 10 years and are pretty hard to beat. It also makes it easier to spot and kill people to make some of these changes as there's less visual clutter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwym_jauwMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5QrI9AvzT0

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If you drive a tank don't worry about running people over, especially in a fight. Your tank is worth more than they are. Double especially if you run them over while backing up at a battle line. They should know better than to walk behind a tank at the front line where it may have to reposition. So if someone gets angry mad at you don't sweat it.

This may or may not be good advice or the general consensus but it's something I live by. My tank isn't portable cover, fools!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yes it is

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Good videos and advice
Thanks, this was good watching on seeing some of the other guns and quirks in play

Been rotating through Light Assault, Combat Medic, and Heavy Assault, and it's been reasonable contributing to pushing points and taking continents

Is there good advice on how to push a heavily fortified base or choke point because right now spawning a lightning and praying it lasts with the other tanks is the closest I've been able to figure out punching through a vehicle logjam

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Thanks, this was good watching on seeing some of the other guns and quirks in play

Been rotating through Light Assault, Combat Medic, and Heavy Assault, and it's been reasonable contributing to pushing points and taking continents

Is there good advice on how to push a heavily fortified base or choke point because right now spawning a lightning and praying it lasts with the other tanks is the closest I've been able to figure out punching through a vehicle logjam

It really depends on what you're up against. If your opponents have a squad of people out killing all incoming vehicles or something then you can really only either bring more than they have, or go around them. Both usually take a coordinated effort from your faction/squad/platoon. A lot of base captures these days can involve having a team drop into a base and put up a spawn beacon (or multiple) so that they can get reinforcements as people die. This does require defending the beacon or replacing it regularly as it gets popped.

Routers are another possibility but they were changed last year to only be allowed within 400m of a routing spire. Currently this means building a cortium base and putting a routing spire close to the enemy base you want to put a router inside, which is dangerous. But, I do see it happen a lot. On TR on Emerald the YEEB guys will do this a lot. I think DAMNSTR8 (or however he spells it) is like the MVP of late night TR fight starting because he's constantly building router bases, bringing squads in for point holds with a valkyrie, or whatever he needs to do to get fights going. I'm not sure if routers will be changed in the upcoming construction overhaul but they used to be more of a problem when you could keep your router base anywhere on a continent.

Anyway, the main thing is that it's such a big game there's often not a lot you can do individually other than look for a way to avoid the current front line battle and go around it. You can also just participate and hope your faction will get into it enough to wear down the other side but sometimes leadership will just ignore a big zerg force from the other factions for a while and let them push down a lattice line, which can sometimes let them cut off that advance from another point on the lattice. At that point it's just hoping it gets done and maybe getting the cutoff done before the end of an alert.

One way to know if a fight you're in is worth doing is to check the % of forces from each side inside the current area (either on the big world map or by hitting H to get your minimap to the large size that shows it). If the other side is heavily outnumbering your side, like 70%+ is opponents, it will be an uphill battle because they've got a 2 to 1 advantage in people at that point. If your spawn room is camped in you can either just redeploy somewhere else, pop some people who peek from inside the spawn room shields, or wait a bit and see if more of your faction show up to provide the numbers to push out. It's not worth going outside over and over if the opponents outnumber you a ton.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Jimbot posted:

If you drive a tank don't worry about running people over, especially in a fight. Your tank is worth more than they are. Double especially if you run them over while backing up at a battle line. They should know better than to walk behind a tank at the front line where it may have to reposition. So if someone gets angry mad at you don't sweat it.

This may or may not be good advice or the general consensus but it's something I live by. My tank isn't portable cover, fools!

I thought I was reading a GiP thread and was really confused and concerned for a second.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

How are the darklight flashlights for revealing infiltrators?

The return to cloak after damaging them seems pretty fast

Attachments costing 100 certs each adds up fast

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 8, 2023

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

How are the darklight flashlights for revealing infiltrators?

The return to cloak after damaging them seems pretty fast

Good but not great. Also damaging them doesn't drop them out of cloak it just makes them shimmer a bit depending on the kind of cloak they're using. The flashlight has issues if they're very close, like a 2-5m deadzone, but it does seem to extend further than it claims to. Wrel said they'd look into improving them with the upcoming update since the new construction buildings will have more lights on them that will act like darklights. I play with infravision on a lot so I can't see them at all, but I usually keep a flashlight on my pistol and wave it around to provoke a response or fire in their general direction. I find that it's usually enough to get them to instantly drop cloak and fire at me if they're nearby. If they continue to hide I just either leave or wait to hear them doing things nearby. A lot of how I play now is due to playing so much that I'm listening for cloak noises, expecting them to act in a certain way (either hugging a corner waiting until I'm looking away, or running in to decloak and blast me with an SMG, or whatever), and getting better at responding when they decloak and fire. They have an advantage since you will often have some server latency involved with how much they can shoot at you before you see them, but infiltrators still only have 900hp vs. 1000 for other classes (well, it's 500 health for everyone and 500 shields but 400 shields for infils). If I'm playing heavy it's rare to die to an infiltrator that didn't snipe me or get the drop on me really badly.

In general I think there's better attachments but the flashlight can be handy to have on a pistol and maybe one loadout you have to hunt infiltrators if you really want to. It's not for every gun, most benefit more from a laser, underbarrel something, or compensator.

If you've got a base you want to keep a stalker cloaker from constantly terrorizing it's usually best to drop some mines around areas you'll think they will go, leave terminals destroyed, and start a cap on the next base on the lattice as soon as you can so they're just doing nothing (you can't start a cap on the next base unless the previous base has no timer and no points are flipped). Once they can't turn over the flag there's no reason for them to be there so they're wasting their own time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I remembered to hit the save button on geforce experience a couple of times when I knew infiltrators were around tonight so here's a real short one. First clip, I blew up the lodestar galaxy up on the cliff at Pale canyon chemical so they were mad and shot at me while I went to the point. I knew that someone had been at the point recently but there was no dead body and the other NC guy was running around with a flashlight. Also there was an enemy recon dart in the far building. Sure enough, Reisz lit me up and got the drop on me. They're pretty good but we both died since they got the first shots out but I had a heavy shield. I was using the Naginata for a NSX weapon eval mission, I usually just run with the GODSAW lately.

In the second clip I spawned at Bridge Ward to see what was going on and it was late so it was a tiny force ghost capping (hitting bases unopposed because there's not enough people online to respond). Right out of the spawn room a magrider almost got me (Infravision isn't the best for situational awareness) but after cutting through the triple stack building I decided to drop down to the lower door so I wasn't on that upper bridge, and that's when I heard the cloak noise. I assumed he was above me in the stairwell building so I just went to the capture point and sure enough, when I got there and turned around, they were right behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecgswz3P4e4

Second short video is of actual hackers doing exploits. You won't see this very often, it's pretty rare. 99% of the time that someone says someone else is hacking it's just that they think the death screen video is a playback or something and they "got shot through a wall". I've died inside of doorways and behind things but I know that on their client they shot me before I made it through or behind. It's frustrating but it's just how latency is and I don't notice when it benefits me, only when I die unfairly. That said, latency has nothing to do with these clips.

First clip is from March and it shows a Sunderer flying around. It was speeding faster than my harasser before this clip, chasing me down and shooting me. In the clip it takes off and fights a liberator who was challenging it and wins of course, then sets down on top of The Rink (Esamir base). The ELITEVSARBIRTER guy driving it is actually still playing in R18 (racist garbage outfit) but I haven't seen him do this again so I don't know what was going on. Sometimes hackers use people's names and just change them slightly so it could be one of them trying to impersonate him, and they were in SKL at the time, but SKL takes everyone so it doesn't mean anything. I reported it but who knows.

The second clip was from tonight/this morning with some random dipshit on TR flying around through structures and presumably using an aimbot. I asked in yell chat and other people saw them do the same thing. Later after this clip, they were capping a point by hovering under it for a while but then the alert started and the base they were harassing wasn't a valid base for the little 5am meltdown alert. I reported them too but accounts are free and Battleye doesn't seem to be a great anti-cheat. That said, I really don't see this kind of thing very often so I don't worry about it too much. If one out of a thousand or ten thousand deaths is an actual exploiter it's frustrating but not the end of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpGy9N2wXXI