Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

pepperchomp posted:

Hey monkeu, I know you're around...what's your thoughts on that loser Curry?

i would rather perma'd creeps don't be encouraged to post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Ghost Dog posted:

mo bamba gets faith healed by jonathan isaac over mothers day. has a redemption series. lakers in 5

I forgot that’s where Bamba went. How’s Mo playing for the Lakers?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nystral posted:

I forgot that’s where Bamba went. How’s Mo playing for the Lakers?

He was decent and then he sprained his ankle and has been hobbled since. Supposedly, he's expected to be healthy for the WCF, but that means he'll get maybe 5-10 minutes a game

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What if the Warriors and Griz swapped Brooks and apple

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just wanted to post again to say I hate Julius Randle

I sincerely believe that the Knicks win that series if Randle doesn’t play a single minute.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

Just wanted to post again to say I hate Julius Randle

I sincerely believe that the Knicks win that series if Randle doesn’t play a single minute.

The team could barely keep up with the squirrely rear end guard rotation and were getting shown up by Strus and Martin. Randle was horrible, didn't try to rebound, and barely closed out on 3's, but I think the Knicks still lose if he's replaced.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That ankle

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1657258668151414786

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WhyteRyce posted:

He didn’t tell the NBA that but when Draymond pulls a Gene Snitsky out there all Curry does is say poo poo about how they wouldn’t have won without Draymond. Maybe behind the scenes Curry says stuff but publicly he has the same “just Draymond being Draymond” attitude as the rest of the team

Which is exactly what he should do - publicly - and if he did anything else you and everyone else absolutely would be all over his poo poo for being a prima donna bad teammate throwing his own guys under the bus

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WhyteRyce posted:

lol warriors trashing Poole before having to trade him light years ahead

https://twitter.com/ryanghensley/status/1657243798496477185

And I don’t believe this story for a second

Dray punched him because Dray has the self control of a 5 year old

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

predicto posted:

And I don’t believe this story for a second

Dray punched him because Dray has the self control of a 5 year old

Why wouldn’t you believe the professional Twitter guy / real estate agent

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

lol warriors trashing Poole before having to trade him light years ahead

https://twitter.com/ryanghensley/status/1657243798496477185

weird how they managed to keep the incident in total lockdown when it happened until the video 'leaked' but now that the season is over oh no, Poole was really the one who is the toxic problem with the team after all.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't think the team is leaking hit piece information to random paid verified Twitter users

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

xbilkis posted:

I don't think the team is leaking hit piece information to random paid verified Twitter users

I mean Elon was there last night

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean Elon was there last night

who was he rooting for this is important for me to know

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lady Radia posted:

golden state is the tech bro team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lady Radia posted:

Elon is a major LeBron stan but it's completely un-reciprocated which makes it very funny. Unlike with Ghost Dog who LeBron knows and loves deeply.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I know it’s a regular season honor, but Randle being All NBA is loving nuts. He’s an All Star, sure, but man, every time he touched the ball in the playoffs it felt like a lost possession for the Knicks.

Brunson is so loving good though.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

There's only two basketball player billionaires.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Jack's Flow posted:

I know it’s a regular season honor, but Randle being All NBA is loving nuts. He’s an All Star, sure, but man, every time he touched the ball in the playoffs it felt like a lost possession for the Knicks.

Brunson is so loving good though.

The match up was bad.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Brunson/Randle isn't going to work, you kind of need to scheme to protect Brunson defensively because he's so short and slow but since Randle just walks around aimlessly on D it becomes a disaster

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lady Radia posted:

i would rather perma'd creeps don't be encouraged to post here

He and others keep the forums alive with their obsessions

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Randle is just the laziest piece of poo poo in every playoff game. But honestly the Knicks had only one player who wasn’t making GBS threads their pants last night, they weren’t ready. Brunson is amazing though.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

I'm not in favor of scrapping a top eight team when they lose because their normal 35% three point shooting falls to 25% over a period of six games.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Jack's Flow posted:

I know it’s a regular season honor, but Sabonis being All NBA is loving nuts. He’s an All Star, sure, but man, every time he touched the ball in the playoffs it felt like a lost possession for the Kings

Fox is so loving good though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TDepressionEarl posted:

I'm not in favor of scrapping a top eight team when they lose because their normal 35% three point shooting falls to 25% over a period of six games.

On the other hand they were an average team by basically every metric except for beating a young Kings squad in 7

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

morestuff posted:

On the other hand they were an average team by basically every metric except for beating a young Kings squad in 7

I was talking about the Knicks.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TDepressionEarl posted:

I was talking about the Knicks.

Oops, my bad!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Brunson/Randle isn't going to work, you kind of need to scheme to protect Brunson defensively because he's so short and slow but since Randle just walks around aimlessly on D it becomes a disaster

Brunson needs a better cutter than Randle and someone with better hands than Mitchell. Also anyone that can shoot a three without looking terrified.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No ball tonight, what the gently caress

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The first all nba year with Randle where he was killer all year and instantly a shriveled turnip in the playoffs was so satisfying.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This got a hard lol from me

https://streamable.com/rdves7

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

The first all nba year with Randle where he was killer all year and instantly a shriveled turnip in the playoffs was so satisfying.

I have to disagree with you there

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this is nuts, he still pulled out 2 really good games even if he hasn't looked like himself in any of them after the roll. thank god he gets like 4 days rest between games here

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

morestuff posted:

The Warriors were also not "an average team by basically every metric," that's not what words mean.

The Warriors were best in scoring off the pass, and 2nd best in three point shooting with the 2nd most points scored.

The Warriors were 3rd worst in two point shooting, 2nd worst at making free throws, worst in drawing free throws and worst in giving up turnovers.

The only area where the Warriors were truly average was their defense, specifically winning turnovers. Middle of the road in rebounds and allowing field goals. In Kerr's system the transition offense is key and winning turnovers at a higher rate would lead to blown out games, which was clearly not the case this year. If the games are blown out then the older stars can rest, but forty of the eighty two games were decided by ten points or less. In retrospect, it would have been useful for either Andrew Wiggins to have been active at the tail end of the season, or for a young guy like Kuminga to improve his defense enough to earn playoff minutes.

You can argue that "averages out" but they were either the best at certain important metrics or the worst at certain important metrics.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Now that is basketball IQ

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

TDepressionEarl posted:

The Warriors were also not "an average team by basically every metric," that's not what words mean.

The Warriors were best in scoring off the pass, and 2nd best in three point shooting with the 2nd most points scored.

The Warriors were 3rd worst in two point shooting, 2nd worst at making free throws, worst in drawing free throws and worst in giving up turnovers.

The only area where the Warriors were truly average was their defense, specifically winning turnovers. Middle of the road in rebounds and allowing field goals. In Kerr's system the transition offense is key and winning turnovers at a higher rate would lead to blown out games, which was clearly not the case this year. If the games are blown out then the older stars can rest, but forty of the eighty two games were decided by ten points or less. In retrospect, it would have been useful for either Andrew Wiggins to have been active at the tail end of the season, or for a young guy like Kuminga to improve his defense enough to earn playoff minutes.

You can argue that "averages out" but they were either the best at certain important metrics or the worst at certain important metrics.

none of these metrics mean anything at all, you could be the greatest team of all time in Scoring Off The Pass(lmao) by an order of magnitude and win single digit games.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

You don’t have to bend over backwards to defend your extremely middling team that got bounced in the second round. No one cares that the team was just average instead of bad, you’re just making yourselves look dumb

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Go Denver, then go Heat, if the unthinkable happens and one of the 76ers or Celtics ends up in the finals vs the Lakers, go Lakers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not even sure what this accomplished. The team was good at some things, bad at others, doesn’t actually beat the average allegations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

worlds most knowledgeable warriors fan irately scouring the wikipedia page for basketball, sure theres a section that says passes are a 2x multiplier